Budweiser #BrewForYou Project 12 Pack

by Courtney on December 1, 2013

“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Millennial Central for Budweiser. I received a product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.”

If you’ve been reading the blog for any amount of time now, then it should be no secret that both Jay and I enjoy the occasional beer. Sometimes, there’s really nothing that hits the spot quite like a nice, cold beer in a big, frosty mug. Mmm mmmm.

So when Millennial Central recently reached out with an opportunity to sample Budweiser’s new, Limited Edition Project 12 Pack of beers, you can be sure that I was allllll over that.

Sure, while it would have been easy to hoard them all for ourselves, we decided to share the goods last Sunday when we went over to my parents’ house to watch the horrendous Jets game. We’re a family of beer lovers, so I knew they’d appreciate the surprise. Winking smile

I took out some of the Jets glasses and poured samples of all three so that everyone could try them and see which ones they liked best.

Cheers!

IMG_4387IMG_4388

Out of everyone, I think the favorite had to be the North Pacific Style Lager – 94534 (fun fact: each beer has a zip code assigned to it, which is actually the zip code where it was brewed!).

This one was similar to a pale ale, slightly bitter, and fairly hoppy. This one wasn’t my favorite, but I did enjoy it.

Another one in the pack was the Beechwood Bock – 43229. It’s a deep amber lager, brewed with chocolate and caramel malts (yum!) and brewed on beechwood chips.

I’d say out of the three, this one was probably enjoyed by about half of the group (it was a little too dark and/or bitter for some). But I did actually use one of these to make a batch of beer bread that I brought over and it worked superbly in that. Winking smile

The last of the three beers in the Project 12 Pack was the Vanilla Bourbon Cask – 23185, and this one was most definitely my favorite. Mmmm mmm mmmmmmm.

This is a lager aged on bourbon staves and vanilla beans and my goodness was I lovin’ it. Although it was a bit more intense of a beer than I would usually choose, the subtle vanilla flavor totally won me over. Seriously…I was so bummed there was only four of them. They’re long gone now.

We do still have a few of them left though, so it’s very possible that Jay and I will be enjoying them today while cheering on our Jets at home on our lazy Sunday. (Yeah, seriously, look at me blogging on a Sunday…when’s the last time that happened??). But if you’re interested in learning more about the Project 12 beers, you can read about them HERE and to find where they’re sold near you, be sure to check HERE.

But for now, I think it’s about time I go make some lunch (hello, leftovers!), turn on some football, and tend to my little man…who is currently loving his most recent toy.

I love it. Smile

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friends…I’ll be back tomorrow!

1 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 1, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I am not a real beer drinker but prefer wine, but love that you were able to sample these! I think if I sampled enough beers I would probably find one that I like BUT oh well! I will stick with my wine :) I am happy with that!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Weekly Recap: 11/25 – 12/1

2 Courtney @ Our Latte Love December 1, 2013 at 2:35 pm

We have that toy! Enjoy this time, Parker loved the jumper for a hot second and then as soon as she started moving around hated being constrained in it. It was amazing while it lasted though:)

We love a good beer, the vanilla one sounds very interesting. I think I might just have to pick up a pack to try it out;)
Courtney @ Our Latte Love recently posted..BHI

3 Alaina December 1, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Now, that’s a review I would love to participate in! The vanilla bourbon sounds amazing. :-)

Hope you had a lovely weekend Courtney!
Alaina recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!

4 Shel@PeachyPalate December 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Looking forward to hearing about your Thanksgiving get togethers! Like the sound of the vanilla beer…sweet?

5 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com December 1, 2013 at 3:10 pm

try atwater’s vanilla java porter or breckenridge’s vanilla porter. both amazing, especially in the winter months
sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com recently posted..A Visual Recap: Friendsgiving 1, Friendsgiving 2, Thanksgiving

6 Susanna December 1, 2013 at 5:55 pm

So awesome to see Williamsburg represented! :)

7 Kelly December 1, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Ok that Vanilla Bourbon is VERY enticing…….And kind of perfect for the holidays? Maybe? I think maybe I’m just trying to justifying everything by saying it is “perfect for the holidays…” :-)
Kelly recently posted..You are now allowed to talk about Christmas

8 Melissa December 1, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Wow, sounds like a lot of unique flavors! I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!
Melissa recently posted..Solace in Pages

9 Ellie@Fit for the soul December 2, 2013 at 12:48 am

Ohhh Lucas is going to go wild on that jumperoo! It seems to be one of the best inventions for babies because they stay in them for quite some time :D
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..November Favorites

10 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen December 2, 2013 at 4:31 am

Oh! I really think my husband would like these beers :) AND Lucas is still a cutie!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Kick Off to the Holidays

11 Stacie December 2, 2013 at 6:58 am

Vanilla bourbon? I can’t decide if that sounds delicious or disgusting…
Stacie recently posted..Hiding Behind Our Keyboards

12 Amanda @ A Latte Learn December 2, 2013 at 11:04 pm

vanilla bourbon beer?! Sounds like my kind of brew! :)
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..A Celebration

13 crystal d December 3, 2013 at 10:20 am

My son Michael has the same bouncy chair as Lucas and loves it! He bounces like a crazy man and I keep telling him that one of these days he is going to bounce himself right out of it!! :)