Things I’m Loving Lately

I was scratching my head a bit when trying to come up with a post to share with you all today (mostly because I haven’t really photographed any food in, like, three days). So I thought it might be fun to switch it up a bit and do a “’things I’m loving lately” post. I usually enjoy reading them when others post ‘em, so hopefully you’re the same!

Everything Christmas!

Last Friday and Saturday I took care of putting up all of our decorations, so we are officially festive up in the Horan household.

I was really excited to see how Lucas would react to the lit up tree with all of it’s bright, sparkly lights and ornaments. It took him about a day to really recognize it, but as soon as he did, he was mesmerized.

Ohh, the wonder of Christmas through the eyes of a little one.

And of course…Christmas Music – specifically, Mariah Carey’s Holiday station on Pandora

I always try to make myself wait until after the Thanksgiving holiday to crank up the Christmas tunes, so now that I’m in the clear, I’ve been blasting it any chance I get. I just love it.

Hot Chocolate…with either marshmallows, Cool Whip, or a scoop of ice cream.

I swear, as soon as the Christmas tree went up, my desire for nice, hot mugs of comforting hot cocoa came right along with it. I’ve been having a mug almost everyday for the past week or so. SO yummy!

KIND Vanilla Blueberry Granola Clusters

I have no affiliation with the brand here whatsoever…I’m just seriously in love with this granola. It’s pricey, but I’ve been plowing through my most recent bag lately like it’s nobody’s business.

Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter…on anything

I recently bought a jar of this from iHerb (affiliate link, yo!) and while I’ve definitely had it before, I forgot just how GOOD it really is.

Online Shopping

Seriously…does it GET much easier? So far, I’ve completed all of my Christmas shopping online (Cyber Monday was fabulous!) and only have a few more gifts I need to get. Not having to brave the malls right now is right up my alley.

Adorable, festive onesies for Lucas

As someone who absolutely loves the movie, Elf, I couldn’t help but snag these couple of onesies off of Zulily (affiliate link, yo!) a couple of weeks ago. I’ve really found a ton of cute things on there for him…it’s dangerous.

Bodyweight and Stability Ball Circuit Workouts

When I get the chance, I’ve been squeezing in some circuits here and there, but they’ve got to be quick and effective. I’ve been incorporating some of the quick circuit workouts from Tina’s holiday plan, as well as a few of my own.

My Super Stability Ball Circuit is always a favorite!

Pumpkin Banana Bread

I made a loaf of this recipe yesterday and mmm mmmmmm is all I have to say about that.

Watching my sweet baby grow

It’s truly amazing to watch him grow and develop by, what seems like, the minute. Every day is an adventure with this little man.

Yesterday we had his four month check up and he did great. He’s up to 15lbs 2 oz (+ almost 3lbs) and 25 inches long (+1-1/2 inches), putting him just above the 50th percentile all around. And, funny enough, while we were in the exam room waiting for the pediatrician to come in, Mr. Lucas wound up rolling back to tummy all on his own.

And he immediately fell in love with the crinkly paper.

He’s a trip, I’ll tell ya. Winking smile

Hey, and incase you missed it, the Baby Tooth page was updated yesterday with his 4 Month update!

I love the photos of Lucas with the tree – so sweet!

That peanut butter is my absolute favorite! I actually ate at the Peanut Butter and Co. restaurant in NYC a few years ago. (Yes, such a place exists!) I had a sandwich that had the cinnamon raisin peanut butter with cream cheese and apples. To this day, it’s been one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had!
    Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie recently posted..Workout Wednesday: Circuit City

I never thought of putting ice cream in hot cocoa, but that sounds amazing!! Love that picture by your Christmas tree btw, super cute of you three :) I’m the same with Christmas shopping, I only have one more gift to get, and I can’t wait to be done and not have to worry about it anymore!
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Work My Magic

What a cutie! I can’t get over it! :) I am still obsessing with pumpkin as well. I was burned out for a little while, but now that pumpkin bread is looking so good. Just when you think you’ve had enough pumpkin, the pumpkin love returns. I love those outfits from Elf. It is definitely one of my favorite Christmas movies and I have watched it a few times already this season.

Your little Lucas is just TOO CUTE for words! I love that he rolled over on the exam table. Too funny! And the photo of him looking at the Christmas tree is definitely a keeper.

Oh man, that Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin PB is DANGEROUS! Pretty much any and all of their peanut butters are dangerous… I haven’t had it in forever. I may just need to splurge and buy a jar or two.

This year is one of the first years I’ve done much online shopping, and can I just say how much I LOVE it?! Wow, so easy! Especially with relatives out of town…it’s so nice I can just ship it right to them.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #104: Day in the Life on a Snowy Day

Awe this makes me think of my nephew a lot. My sister sent me a picture the other day of him just STARING at the Christmas tree, so cute! And I babysat him last weekend which was awesome, he was most entertained by anything crinkly (he particularly loves the wipes package).

Your Christmas tree looks great, and I definitely have my holiday pandora station going at the office now!
    Laura @losingrace recently posted..From 26.2-26.2:Training in Between

thank you for sharing lucas with us so we can watch him grow too! i went on zulily to look for the “what’s your favorite color” onesie for an elf-obsessed pregnant coworker but i couldn’t find it! their shipping bothers me anyway :-X yes ALL the christmas music is happening right now!
    Caitlin recently posted..Thanksgiving 2013: Dining Out

I’m dying over those Elf onesies 😆 The one about beef and cheese is one of my favourite lines from the movie. And a huge YES to all things Christmas. I -finally- put up my decorations over the weekend (I always wait until December 1st), and I haven’t been able to get my fill of Christmas movies or music. Mr. Buble serenading me with “All I Want for Christmas”? Swooooon.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... currently – december 2013 .

Those onesies… Omg. So cute! I love Elf so these are a must when I have a baby someday.

I’m totally loving Cyber Monday, too! This was my first year doing it and I’m obsessed. My Christmas shopping is already almost done – which is huge for me since I usually wait until the last minute (Christmas Eve!)
    Missy recently posted..Cyber Monday Madness

LOL I love the onesies so much. And after we put our tree up, I could easily sit in the family room with the glow of the tree, no TV, and complete silence to feel incredibly happy. There is something so relaxing about it.

And the picture of you planking is one of my favorite workout shots of you! Looks legit!

Your tree is beautiful! And the family photo behind it is adorable.
    Since we’re moving (to Australia!) in January and will be all moved out of our place, we don’t get to decorate for Christmas this year and I’m very sad about it! So hard to get into the spirit without a sparkly tree smacking you in the face.
    The hot chocolate and christmas music however…that’s a different story!
    Fizz @fizzsbizz recently posted..A craving for salad!! Who am I??

Such a cute post! Being a mommy to a little baby myself, I know how important it is to suck up every moment because the cliché is so true, it goes by so fast. Good for you, getting out there and getting some workouts in. Enjoy the Holidays. He will only have one first Christmas!

Wooooo good job getting all that shopping completed, and omgnesss those onesies are soooo cute! I got a laugh out of them as I picture Elf’s funny expression. And TRUE THAT about Kind granola….it’s probably my FAVORITE next to LGF granola, which I don’t buy often. The flavor and texture is just perfect! <3
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Jump Rope Anytime, Anywhere {Vlog}

13. Amber S. says

I am totally with you on the Mariah Carey-holiday station! I took the day off from work because of a winter storm and I have been jamming to that and doing some christmas planning. Bliss! Also, I bought my first box of kodiak cakes today; your rave reviews got me. Hoping to whip up a batch this weekend:)

14. Alyssa says

I just wanted to say HI! i am new to your site but know of it through my best friend Gabby C. Your son is adorable! Great name!! I also have a 4 month old Lucas who was born August 1st ;O)

15. Angela says

You little man is so sweet. When he gets older take crayons to the doctors and he can draw on the paper while you wait. This was a big hit with my two.