Things I’m Loving Lately

by Courtney on December 4, 2013

I was scratching my head a bit when trying to come up with a post to share with you all today (mostly because I haven’t really photographed any food in, like, three days). So I thought it might be fun to switch it up a bit and do a “’things I’m loving lately” post. I usually enjoy reading them when others post ‘em, so hopefully you’re the same!

Everything Christmas!

Last Friday and Saturday I took care of putting up all of our decorations, so we are officially festive up in the Horan household.

I was really excited to see how Lucas would react to the lit up tree with all of it’s bright, sparkly lights and ornaments. It took him about a day to really recognize it, but as soon as he did, he was mesmerized.

Ohh, the wonder of Christmas through the eyes of a little one.

And of course…Christmas Music – specifically, Mariah Carey’s Holiday station on Pandora

pandora

I always try to make myself wait until after the Thanksgiving holiday to crank up the Christmas tunes, so now that I’m in the clear, I’ve been blasting it any chance I get. I just love it.

Hot Chocolate…with either marshmallows, Cool Whip, or a scoop of ice cream.

I swear, as soon as the Christmas tree went up, my desire for nice, hot mugs of comforting hot cocoa came right along with it. I’ve been having a mug almost everyday for the past week or so. SO yummy!

KIND Vanilla Blueberry Granola Clusters

I have no affiliation with the brand here whatsoever…I’m just seriously in love with this granola. It’s pricey, but I’ve been plowing through my most recent bag lately like it’s nobody’s business.

Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter…on anything

I recently bought a jar of this from iHerb (affiliate link, yo!) and while I’ve definitely had it before, I forgot just how GOOD it really is.

Online Shopping

Seriously…does it GET much easier? So far, I’ve completed all of my Christmas shopping online (Cyber Monday was fabulous!) and only have a few more gifts I need to get. Not having to brave the malls right now is right up my alley.

Adorable, festive onesies for Lucas

As someone who absolutely loves the movie, Elf, I couldn’t help but snag these couple of onesies off of Zulily (affiliate link, yo!) a couple of weeks ago. I’ve really found a ton of cute things on there for him…it’s dangerous.

Bodyweight and Stability Ball Circuit Workouts

When I get the chance, I’ve been squeezing in some circuits here and there, but they’ve got to be quick and effective. I’ve been incorporating some of the quick circuit workouts from Tina’s holiday plan, as well as a few of my own.

My Super Stability Ball Circuit is always a favorite!

Pumpkin Banana Bread

I made a loaf of this recipe yesterday and mmm mmmmmm is all I have to say about that.

Watching my sweet baby grow

It’s truly amazing to watch him grow and develop by, what seems like, the minute. Every day is an adventure with this little man.

Yesterday we had his four month check up and he did great. He’s up to 15lbs 2 oz (+ almost 3lbs) and 25 inches long (+1-1/2 inches), putting him just above the 50th percentile all around. And, funny enough, while we were in the exam room waiting for the pediatrician to come in, Mr. Lucas wound up rolling back to tummy all on his own.

And he immediately fell in love with the crinkly paper.

He’s a trip, I’ll tell ya. Winking smile

Hey, and incase you missed it, the Baby Tooth page was updated yesterday with his 4 Month update!

1 Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie December 4, 2013 at 7:08 am

I love the photos of Lucas with the tree – so sweet!

That peanut butter is my absolute favorite! I actually ate at the Peanut Butter and Co. restaurant in NYC a few years ago. (Yes, such a place exists!) I had a sandwich that had the cinnamon raisin peanut butter with cream cheese and apples. To this day, it’s been one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had!
Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie recently posted..Workout Wednesday: Circuit City

2 Kelly @ Femme Fitale December 4, 2013 at 7:33 am

Mariah Carey Christmas!!! Nothing better.
Loooove those onesies. When I read them, I can just hear Will Ferrell’s elf voice. So funny!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Fitness Inspired Gifts: For Him

3 MIZ December 4, 2013 at 7:35 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching you mother.

xo
MIZ recently posted..Accidental goal achievement.

4 Sherri December 4, 2013 at 7:45 am

I die for those pics of Lucas by the tree! He really is the sweetest. Good work momma!

5 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health December 4, 2013 at 7:46 am

Haha those onesies are adorable! I love that you’re also still baking pumpkin treats, as i’m still incorporating it into SOMETHING almost daily :D and sweet baby Lucas… ah, getting even cuter by the month!
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Cider Chicken and White Bean Soup

6 Linz @ Itz Linz December 4, 2013 at 8:01 am

he’s so stinkin’ cute – not that i have to tell YOU that! ;) flavored peanut butter is the best… i’ve literally bought 3 packages from pb crave (they have an awesome sale going on) for the peanut butter lovers in my family!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Whole Grain Oatmeal Protein Bars

7 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 4, 2013 at 8:07 am

Those pictures of Lucas and the tree are adorable! You can’t get much more precious than that! :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..A Mini Road Trip

8 Heather @fitncookies December 4, 2013 at 8:16 am

The pictures of Lucas with the tree are my favorite! I also love the canvas print of you three behind the tree :) I have been loving the N’Sync Holiday station on Pandora, but might try Mariah today! Have a great day, Courtney!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Holiday Decorating Inspiration

9 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) December 4, 2013 at 8:26 am

I agree that watching your child grow and develop is an indescribable joy! Hearing what comes out of Hailey’s mouth nowadays blows my mind!

PS- another amazing Pandora Christmas channel is GLEE Christmas. I’m obsessed!! :)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Pregnancy Brain

10 Ashley @ Power, Love, and Self-Discipline December 4, 2013 at 8:27 am

Love your tree — so pretty with the red garland!!
Ashley @ Power, Love, and Self-Discipline recently posted..Sunday Sentiments: Graced Us and Saved Us and Showed Us Love

11 Presley @ Run Pretty December 4, 2013 at 8:46 am

OMG. The Elf onesies.
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..#HolidayFitList: Fitness During the Holidays

12 Parita @ myinnershakti December 4, 2013 at 8:58 am

Thank goodness for the internet…and cyber Monday! Physically having to go to the mall makes me anxious!

And I love all this pictures of Lucas. He’s so cute!!

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 4, 2013 at 9:00 am

I’m definitely all for shopping online and avoiding the madness of the stores when I can! I still have a few gifts to get but they’re the “do I need to get them something?” kind of gifts…bah
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..10 Days Gluten-Free

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 4, 2013 at 9:06 am

I haven’t had that peanut butter in ages, but now you’re making me think that I need to pick up a bottle – definitely one of the absolute best ones out there!
And I never would have thought to put ice cream in hot chocolate…that is absolutely brilliant.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Eating the Rainbow.

15 Shel@PeachyPalate December 4, 2013 at 9:12 am

Need to get some more pumpkin puree to match a batch of bread for sure!!! Loving online shopping too! The thoughts of entering the shops during the madness does not appeal!

16 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne December 4, 2013 at 9:15 am

I never thought of putting ice cream in hot cocoa, but that sounds amazing!! Love that picture by your Christmas tree btw, super cute of you three :) I’m the same with Christmas shopping, I only have one more gift to get, and I can’t wait to be done and not have to worry about it anymore!
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Work My Magic

17 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine December 4, 2013 at 9:18 am

What a cutie! I can’t get over it! :) I am still obsessing with pumpkin as well. I was burned out for a little while, but now that pumpkin bread is looking so good. Just when you think you’ve had enough pumpkin, the pumpkin love returns. I love those outfits from Elf. It is definitely one of my favorite Christmas movies and I have watched it a few times already this season.

18 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat December 4, 2013 at 9:19 am

Your tree looks so pretty! Love the pics of Lucas next to it. Those are totally frame worthy! I getting more and more excited for our tree to go up. Saturday can’t get here soon enough! ;-)

Oh gosh, that PB is so addiciting, especially the dark chocolate one!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #24 – Cran-Apple Casserole

19 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 4, 2013 at 9:24 am

Your little Lucas is just TOO CUTE for words! I love that he rolled over on the exam table. Too funny! And the photo of him looking at the Christmas tree is definitely a keeper.

Oh man, that Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin PB is DANGEROUS! Pretty much any and all of their peanut butters are dangerous… I haven’t had it in forever. I may just need to splurge and buy a jar or two.

This year is one of the first years I’ve done much online shopping, and can I just say how much I LOVE it?! Wow, so easy! Especially with relatives out of town…it’s so nice I can just ship it right to them.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #104: Day in the Life on a Snowy Day

20 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes December 4, 2013 at 9:35 am

Babies and Christmas lights make the BEST pictures. Love it.
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Blogiversary, a typical Tuesday, and a good article.

21 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance December 4, 2013 at 9:46 am

Ohhh so many things I love too! We aren’t doing a tree this year because we are traveling and it is so sad but your tree is beautiful!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..What is Bokwa?

22 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life December 4, 2013 at 10:02 am

I am the same way! As soon as those decorations and tree goes up, I am all about a hot cup of cocoa! That picture of Lucas checking out the tree is adorable! Definitely one you will want to frame! :)

23 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health December 4, 2013 at 10:07 am

Mariah Carey is the first person I think of when it comes to Christmas music. I listen to the same Pandora station every year.

The more pictures I see of Lucas’ eyes, the more he looks like you! Such a cutie.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Lentil Sloppy Joes {vegan and gluten-free}

24 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life December 4, 2013 at 10:19 am

All things Christmas? Yes PLEASE. I was blasting Mariah Carey’s Christmas station, then Michael Buble’s (SO good), and now I’m onto “Rockin’ Christmas” which is upbeat! Your tree is so beautiful!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..WIAW 12/4- snack monster

25 Laura @losingrace December 4, 2013 at 10:32 am

Awe this makes me think of my nephew a lot. My sister sent me a picture the other day of him just STARING at the Christmas tree, so cute! And I babysat him last weekend which was awesome, he was most entertained by anything crinkly (he particularly loves the wipes package).

Your Christmas tree looks great, and I definitely have my holiday pandora station going at the office now!
Laura @losingrace recently posted..From 26.2-26.2:Training in Between

26 Caitlin December 4, 2013 at 10:37 am

thank you for sharing lucas with us so we can watch him grow too! i went on zulily to look for the “what’s your favorite color” onesie for an elf-obsessed pregnant coworker but i couldn’t find it! their shipping bothers me anyway :-X yes ALL the christmas music is happening right now!
Caitlin recently posted..Thanksgiving 2013: Dining Out

27 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 4, 2013 at 11:11 am

I’m dying over those Elf onesies :lol: The one about beef and cheese is one of my favourite lines from the movie. And a huge YES to all things Christmas. I -finally- put up my decorations over the weekend (I always wait until December 1st), and I haven’t been able to get my fill of Christmas movies or music. Mr. Buble serenading me with “All I Want for Christmas”? Swooooon.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... currently – december 2013 .

28 Missy December 4, 2013 at 11:20 am

Those onesies… Omg. So cute! I love Elf so these are a must when I have a baby someday.

I’m totally loving Cyber Monday, too! This was my first year doing it and I’m obsessed. My Christmas shopping is already almost done – which is huge for me since I usually wait until the last minute (Christmas Eve!)
Missy recently posted..Cyber Monday Madness

29 Lauren December 4, 2013 at 11:24 am

LOL I love the onesies so much. And after we put our tree up, I could easily sit in the family room with the glow of the tree, no TV, and complete silence to feel incredibly happy. There is something so relaxing about it.

And the picture of you planking is one of my favorite workout shots of you! Looks legit!

30 Fizz @fizzsbizz December 4, 2013 at 11:36 am

Your tree is beautiful! And the family photo behind it is adorable.
Since we’re moving (to Australia!) in January and will be all moved out of our place, we don’t get to decorate for Christmas this year and I’m very sad about it! So hard to get into the spirit without a sparkly tree smacking you in the face.
The hot chocolate and christmas music however…that’s a different story!
Fizz @fizzsbizz recently posted..A craving for salad!! Who am I??

31 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl December 4, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Love the pictures of Lucas by the tree…. so cute! I’m the same with Christmas music and now it’s on!!! I will definitely be checking out Mariah Carey Pandora.

32 Shawna December 4, 2013 at 1:04 pm

i had the Vanilla Blueberry Kind granola this am! love it as well.
cute baby-with-tree pix. :)

33 Sanaz@Run for Cake December 4, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Such a cute post! Being a mommy to a little baby myself, I know how important it is to suck up every moment because the cliché is so true, it goes by so fast. Good for you, getting out there and getting some workouts in. Enjoy the Holidays. He will only have one first Christmas!

34 Ellie@Fit for the soul December 4, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Wooooo good job getting all that shopping completed, and omgnesss those onesies are soooo cute! I got a laugh out of them as I picture Elf’s funny expression. And TRUE THAT about Kind granola….it’s probably my FAVORITE next to LGF granola, which I don’t buy often. The flavor and texture is just perfect! <3
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Jump Rope Anytime, Anywhere {Vlog}

35 Amber S. December 4, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I am totally with you on the Mariah Carey-holiday station! I took the day off from work because of a winter storm and I have been jamming to that and doing some christmas planning. Bliss! Also, I bought my first box of kodiak cakes today; your rave reviews got me. Hoping to whip up a batch this weekend:)

36 Alyssa December 4, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I just wanted to say HI! i am new to your site but know of it through my best friend Gabby C. Your son is adorable! Great name!! I also have a 4 month old Lucas who was born August 1st ;O)

37 Leigha @ Minougirl December 4, 2013 at 4:16 pm

The tree is gorgeous!! As is Lucas :) I’ve always wanted tot try that peanut butter!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..MIMM – Sleepover and Team Dinner

38 Jess December 4, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Love your tree!
Your son is gorgeous!
I want that peanut butter!

39 Danica @ It's Progression December 4, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that onesie with the “Elf” reference :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..wiaw: Eat the Rainbow!

40 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 4, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Love those onesies–adorable!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW: Photo Dump Edition

41 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 4, 2013 at 8:50 pm

He’s soo cute! And he’s as big as Addie is! She’s around 15 pounds, too. But she’s on the smaller side. She’s usually around the 20th percentile for her weight. :) And she loves the paper at the pediatrician’s office, too!

Love the pictures of Lucas with the tree! So adorable!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..An early Christmas celebration

42 Claire @ Simply Spiced December 5, 2013 at 12:17 am

Love those Elf onesies! Your little boy is so cute!

43 Ali December 5, 2013 at 11:01 am

I’m all about that cinnamon swirl peanut butter and that pumpkin banana bread – possibly together haha!

44 Annette@FitnessPerks December 5, 2013 at 12:36 pm

THOSE onesies!!!! LOOOOOOVE.

And those pics of Lucas with the tree?!? Love it. He is such a cutie.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Trader Joe’s Holiday Finds

45 Angela December 5, 2013 at 1:32 pm

You little man is so sweet. When he gets older take crayons to the doctors and he can draw on the paper while you wait. This was a big hit with my two.

46 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 6, 2013 at 10:03 am

I’m loving all things Christmas right now too. The tree is up, and I’m going to spend this snowy day wrapping present. It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Snow Day

47 Bre & Ree @bumpandrunchat December 6, 2013 at 11:02 am

You’ve done better than me in waiting until after Thanksgiving. I’m living abroad so the wait until Thanksgiving is not really followed. Well, that’s my excuse for having started listening to holiday music a month ago=) I love the pictures of your little one, he’s precious.
~Bre
Bre & Ree @bumpandrunchat recently posted..paleo chocolatey goodness holiday brownies

48 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples December 6, 2013 at 11:19 am

yay! everyone’s christmas posts are making me so happy :) love your tree! also have been meaning to say CONGRATS!! on the land’s end thing! so exciting! can’t wait to see the pics :) :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Our Little Blog Is All Grown Up

49 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life December 6, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Those onesies are so perfect!!! I need to get some. I don’t have a kid or anything…I’ll just save them for when I do! ;-)
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..Last Call