Fun Facts Friday {12/6}

by Courtney on December 6, 2013

“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for PINCHme. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.”

Happyyyyyyyy Fridayyyyyy!!

1. Let’s get to the reason behind the wordage at the top of this post up there first, shall we? Have you guys heard of PINCHme? It’s a newly-launched sampling site that allows you to sample new products from brands in exchange for quick survey feedback. How cool, right? Once you join and become a member, every other Tuesday at 12:00pm EST, you get to look through your individualized batch of samples, pick your favorites, and get the products delivered for free. I’m totally planning on joining…I mean, who doesn’t love free samples, right? Mmmmmhmm.

2.This has been one of those weeks where I feel like I’ve been nothing but busy, but when I look back on the week, I really didn’t have all that much going on (outside of my usual chaos). Does that make sense?

3. One of my all-time favorite Christmas songs is Mannheim Steamroller’s version of Silent Night. Without fail, it makes me tear up every. single. time. I hear it. It’s just such a beautiful song.

4. Tomorrow, we have two different Christmas parties to go to which I’m really looking forward to. Know what that means? Lots of good food and a couple fun beverages. Yes and yes.

5. We’re supposed to get some SNOW here tonight! Although I’m not much of a fan, now that we’re fully into the holiday spirit, I’ll happily take a few inches to help keep things nice and festive. Besides, I think Christmas lights outside always look prettier when there’s some snow on there.

6. We had a few nights earlier this week where Lucas was too cool for going down for bed. The bad news? It required some extra intensive bouncing on mommy’s part. The good news? Mommy got a pretty darn good lower body workout in the process. Hey, gotta find the positives, right?

7. The food situation in our house is just downright bad. I am becoming so horrible at planning for meals that it’s starting to become humorous. Except, it’s not really funny. And I miss good, home cooked meals. Let’s see if I can get my act together this weekend and meal plan. (bahaha….)

8. I want so badly to make some Christmas cookies this year, but every time I go to do some, I’m either too tired, not in the mood, or am too short on time. I will have to make some for next week though, because it’s Blogger Cookie Swap time!!

9. I’d say my Christmas shopping is about 80% done, and that is quite the accomplishment for me. I’m so impressed with myself.

10. I’m bailing out quick today because I’ve run out of fun facts…unless we just wanted to keep talking about all things Christmas. Then I could keep this post going on for a while. Love this time of year! But instead, I’ll call it quits and go grab myself a cup of hot chocolate because, ya know, that’s totally my thing these days.

Have a fab weekend, my friends!!

1 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat December 6, 2013 at 1:14 pm

PINCHme sounds amazing! I can’t wait to check it out. I love trying out new products! I haven’t even started my Christmas shopping yet. Ugh! I’m so behind this year. I totally need to get my butt in gear!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Swanson 30-Day Healthier Holiday Giveaway

2 Kim December 6, 2013 at 1:23 pm

PINCHme sounds awesome! I’m definitely going to look into it. I’m in the same boat as you regarding the Christmas cookies- maybe this weekend. I’m completely done with my Christmas shopping, and I’m stoked to get the wrapping done this weekend!
Kim recently posted..I’m Only Human

3 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl December 6, 2013 at 1:28 pm

We’re iced in here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so I’m thinking a little Christmas baking sounds perfect. Have fun at the holiday parties this weekend!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..5 Facts Friday

4 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life December 6, 2013 at 1:34 pm

PINCHme sounds genius! Gotta love samples ;) Bouncing babies can be such a crazy good lower body workout. Holy cow! I used to nanny for a 7 month old and when he got fussy, the only way to calm him down was to bounce with him. Hello sore legs!!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Winter Bucket List 2013

5 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 6, 2013 at 1:41 pm

You are way ahead of me on the Christmas shopping! I have done 0% and I feel overwhelmed already!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Five Things Friday – 12/6/2013 (Christmas Edition)

6 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance December 6, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Re: #2, this is me! I don’t know what goes on during the week but by the time the end of the week rolls around, I can’t seem to explain why the housework is not done and I didn’t run all my errands. I say I’m so busy but then I have no idea what I’ve been doing!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Friday’s Food & Fitness

7 Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie December 6, 2013 at 1:55 pm

PINCHme sounds so fun! I will definitely be signing up for that.
Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie recently posted..Workout Wednesday: Circuit City

8 Fizz@fizzsbizz December 6, 2013 at 2:13 pm

You’re 80% done with your Christmas shopping already? And you have a new baby?
DOH! I’m so behind!

Christmas cookies are a must for me this week too. It’s downright unacceptable that they haven’t been made yet!
Fizz@fizzsbizz recently posted..A craving for salad!! Who am I??

9 Sanaz@Run for Cake December 6, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I keep hearing about PINCHme! Gotta look into this. I have big plans for my Christmas (online) shopping this weekend. Hopefully we get it done! Enjoy the snow :) Bundle your cutie pie up and soak it all in.

10 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog December 6, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Yay for snow – I’m with ya: during the Christmas time period, I love it. After that…it can just go away.

As for meal planning, I’ve always thought it would be nearly impossible to meal plan after having a baby. That’s why I’m getting my brother and sis-in-law a week of gourmet meals delivered straight to their door after their first baby is born in March (first time I’ll be an aunt!). Originally, I was going to make them freezer meals, but they’re big into farm fresh/organic and I found out there are a lot of cool services in NYC. Excited to see how it turns out :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Hot Chocolate Donuts + A Winter Wonderland Workout

11 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) December 6, 2013 at 3:10 pm

You sold me… totally going to check out PINCHme! :)

I missed meal planning after H, too, but it slowly came back. I also have more quick go-to meals worked into the schedule now too! That helps :)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..White Chocolate Chia Crunch

12 Shel@PeachyPalate December 6, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I’m not a snow fan either…the whole country goes in to shut down when we get snow!!! We just can’t handle it! :) Have a great weekend! Hope you find time for cookie baking soon!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Pear Monster Green Smoothie

13 Ashley N. December 6, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Took awhile in signing up and completing my profile for PINCHme only to find out there are no samples available–bummer!

14 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment December 6, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Wow…almost done with your Christmas shopping with a new baby at home? I have no excuse at all. I love that version of Silent Night too.
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted..Rich Food Poor Food

15 Tara Mitchell December 6, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Totally just signed up for PINCHme. Sounds like a good deal to me! Plus, I love trying out new products and finding out if they are good or if they suck. lol! I want it to snow here, it’s been cold enough. High of 30 degrees and sunny. I won’t complain about the sun, but when it is this cold I’d like to see some of that white powdery snow!
Tara Mitchell recently posted..Worst Christmas Gifts

16 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health December 6, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I LOVVE the idea of the blogger cookie swap! Looking at all of those cookie recipes just inspired me to get my bake-on this weekend too. I will most definitely be referencing your cookie recipes for some inspiration! :)
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Southwest Quinoa Veggie Burgers with Avocado Cream

17 Annette@FitnessPerks December 6, 2013 at 7:23 pm

A blogger cookie swap sounds so so fun!!!

I love snow around Christmastime too -soo festive :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Confessions {13}

18 Leigha @ Minougirl December 7, 2013 at 9:27 am

Blogger cookie swap?! I’m in! Totally checking out PINCHme, too! Have a great weekend Court!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Fashion Friday {12/2 -12/6}

19 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples December 7, 2013 at 10:24 am

i haven’t done any of my christmas shopping yet (ah!) but i can def vouch for the fun-factor of a lil extra snow: it was coming down pretty heavy last night and it def made decorating my apt that much more festive :)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Average Christmas Weight Gain

20 Ashley@cupcakesncrunches December 8, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Girl, my baby boy just turned 2 months old & meal planning is crazy tough (if not impossible some weeks). If I am able to plan out all our meals & get the groceries, it’s an even bigger miracle if the meal actually gets made. Lots of grilled chicken is being consumed in this house. Easy, cheap & healthy!

21 Kelly December 8, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I immediately just went and joined PINCHme! It’s perfect because I love free stuff and trying new things! I’m like so excited now haha
Kelly recently posted..You are now allowed to talk about Christmas

22 Caitlin December 11, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Best of luck on the meals! Hopefully you can food prep during the weekend but yeah, this time of year is just so busy! I hope you enjoyed your parties.