Fun Facts Friday {12/6}

“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for PINCHme. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.”

Happyyyyyyyy Fridayyyyyy!!

1. Let’s get to the reason behind the wordage at the top of this post up there first, shall we? Have you guys heard of PINCHme? It’s a newly-launched sampling site that allows you to sample new products from brands in exchange for quick survey feedback. How cool, right? Once you join and become a member, every other Tuesday at 12:00pm EST, you get to look through your individualized batch of samples, pick your favorites, and get the products delivered for free. I’m totally planning on joining…I mean, who doesn’t love free samples, right? Mmmmmhmm.

2.This has been one of those weeks where I feel like I’ve been nothing but busy, but when I look back on the week, I really didn’t have all that much going on (outside of my usual chaos). Does that make sense?

3. One of my all-time favorite Christmas songs is Mannheim Steamroller’s version of Silent Night. Without fail, it makes me tear up every. single. time. I hear it. It’s just such a beautiful song.

4. Tomorrow, we have two different Christmas parties to go to which I’m really looking forward to. Know what that means? Lots of good food and a couple fun beverages. Yes and yes.

5. We’re supposed to get some SNOW here tonight! Although I’m not much of a fan, now that we’re fully into the holiday spirit, I’ll happily take a few inches to help keep things nice and festive. Besides, I think Christmas lights outside always look prettier when there’s some snow on there.

6. We had a few nights earlier this week where Lucas was too cool for going down for bed. The bad news? It required some extra intensive bouncing on mommy’s part. The good news? Mommy got a pretty darn good lower body workout in the process. Hey, gotta find the positives, right?

7. The food situation in our house is just downright bad. I am becoming so horrible at planning for meals that it’s starting to become humorous. Except, it’s not really funny. And I miss good, home cooked meals. Let’s see if I can get my act together this weekend and meal plan. (bahaha….)

8. I want so badly to make some Christmas cookies this year, but every time I go to do some, I’m either too tired, not in the mood, or am too short on time. I will have to make some for next week though, because it’s Blogger Cookie Swap time!!

9. I’d say my Christmas shopping is about 80% done, and that is quite the accomplishment for me. I’m so impressed with myself.

10. I’m bailing out quick today because I’ve run out of fun facts…unless we just wanted to keep talking about all things Christmas. Then I could keep this post going on for a while. Love this time of year! But instead, I’ll call it quits and go grab myself a cup of hot chocolate because, ya know, that’s totally my thing these days.

Have a fab weekend, my friends!!

PINCHme sounds awesome! I’m definitely going to look into it. I’m in the same boat as you regarding the Christmas cookies- maybe this weekend. I’m completely done with my Christmas shopping, and I’m stoked to get the wrapping done this weekend!
    Kim recently posted..I’m Only Human

Re: #2, this is me! I don’t know what goes on during the week but by the time the end of the week rolls around, I can’t seem to explain why the housework is not done and I didn’t run all my errands. I say I’m so busy but then I have no idea what I’ve been doing!
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Friday’s Food & Fitness

I keep hearing about PINCHme! Gotta look into this. I have big plans for my Christmas (online) shopping this weekend. Hopefully we get it done! Enjoy the snow :) Bundle your cutie pie up and soak it all in.

Yay for snow – I’m with ya: during the Christmas time period, I love it. After that…it can just go away.

As for meal planning, I’ve always thought it would be nearly impossible to meal plan after having a baby. That’s why I’m getting my brother and sis-in-law a week of gourmet meals delivered straight to their door after their first baby is born in March (first time I’ll be an aunt!). Originally, I was going to make them freezer meals, but they’re big into farm fresh/organic and I found out there are a lot of cool services in NYC. Excited to see how it turns out :-)
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Hot Chocolate Donuts + A Winter Wonderland Workout

5. Ashley N. says

Took awhile in signing up and completing my profile for PINCHme only to find out there are no samples available–bummer!

Totally just signed up for PINCHme. Sounds like a good deal to me! Plus, I love trying out new products and finding out if they are good or if they suck. lol! I want it to snow here, it’s been cold enough. High of 30 degrees and sunny. I won’t complain about the sun, but when it is this cold I’d like to see some of that white powdery snow!
    Tara Mitchell recently posted..Worst Christmas Gifts

Girl, my baby boy just turned 2 months old & meal planning is crazy tough (if not impossible some weeks). If I am able to plan out all our meals & get the groceries, it’s an even bigger miracle if the meal actually gets made. Lots of grilled chicken is being consumed in this house. Easy, cheap & healthy!