Fun Facts Friday {12/13}

by Courtney on December 13, 2013

1. Woah. Talk about falling off the radar, huh? I can’t believe I haven’t had a chance to check in since Monday. I think that’s the longest I’ve gone without blogging since, well…ever. Sometimes I wonder how the heck I ever blogged three times a day…???

2. Tonight, I’m headed to a blogger cookie swap, and I am stoked. In case you’re curious what I’m “swapping,” it’s Chocolate Raspberry Bars. Mmmm mmmmmm.

3. I’m hoping we’ll get a chance this weekend to bring Lucas to get some pictures taken with Santa. *For the locals, does anyone know of places to go that aren’t the mall and/or cost a fortune??

4. These holiday jelly beans are pretty darn delicious (the company sent a couple bags to me).

Jay and I have been snacking on them all week and there are not many left…with the exception of the cinnamon ones. Blech. I am not a cinnamon-anything sort of gal (unless it’s the actual spice).

5. So I sorta got my act in gear this week and actually made a couple of dinners! On Monday, Jay and I tag teamed dinner and made Kristen’s Chicken, Bacon, and Artichoke Pasta with Creamy Garlic Sauce. Ohmygod soooo good.

And it makes a TON of leftovers with two people eating. Another yummy meal this week was the always-favorite BLT sandwich with some homemade sweet potato fries.

Mannnnn, what is it about BLT’s?! Seriously.

6. Lucas has recently become quite interested in Cody. Anytime he spots Cody in the room he watches him like a hawk. It’s too funny.

7. Speaking of Cody…yes, our favorite furball is still around and doing well! Poor guy…never really gets any face time on the blog anymore. Sorry, bud.

8. And speaking of Lucas! Homeboy has become quite the roller. Seriously…there’s pretty much no more of him hanging out on his back anymore.

He lasts a couple of minutes, and then before we know it, he’s on his tummy. He’s growing up so fast on me…

9. In case you’re curious about how the whole sleeping thing with Lucas is going, it’s going fabulously! And you want to know why? Oh, well that would be because Jay and I still have him sleeping in his Rock ‘n’ Play at night. Little man sleeps like a rock star in that thing…and yes, we’re still putting off the crib. For various reasons. No judging me. Winking smile

10. Peanut butter is always a love of mine, but this week? Oh goodness gracious…I can’t get enough.

If you had dropped by my desk at work at all this week, you probably would have seen me eating it straight out of the jar…with a knife. Yes, because I was too lazy to go get a spoon.

11. The amount of laundry that babies produce is sort of unreal. I feel like we’re never, ever caught up on it all.

12. Jay and I have come to the realization that we think we like Jake and the Neverland Pirates just as much as Lucas does. I catch myself singing the song all. the. time. and I’ve even caught Jay watching it while Lucas isn’t even in the room. Is that bad?

13. Happy Friday the 13th!!

Anybody superstitious out there?? Winking smile

1 Laura December 13, 2013 at 6:47 am

I love cookie swap parties! Oh and don’t feel bad about that sweet boy still being in the RNP, my son stayed in his until almost 7 months. He slept so great in it, I didn’t want to risk him not sleeping so I kept putting it off. The transistion actually wound up being great (as I sort of “simulated” the RNP in the crib)!

2 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:48 pm

That’s so great to know! Thank youuuu :)

3 Allison (Ms. Whirlwind) December 13, 2013 at 6:57 am

I drop off the face of the blog world on a regular basis because of busy life, so it’s totally understandable!

I also never judge parents for getting their kids to sleep any way they can (unless it’s egregiously unsafe, of course). My daughter will be one in January and we’re still working on transitioning her to the crib and that whole sleeping through the night thing. Especially as a mom who works outside the home and goes to school full-time, I think everyone needs to do whatever they need to do to get the most sleep for the most people.

I think I’m going to have to make that pasta recipe posthaste.
Allison (Ms. Whirlwind) recently posted..FREEDOM

4 Danielle @ Green is the New Black December 13, 2013 at 7:01 am

It’s still the mall, but the Clifton Park Center santa is wonderful! He was so good with our little man last year and even had him sit on my lap while I hid from the picture and he leaned in so that he was a happy boy. If you don’t find anywhere else, I would suggest there!
Danielle @ Green is the New Black recently posted..Friday Five: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Me

5 Linz @ Itz Linz December 13, 2013 at 7:07 am

those chocolate raspberry bars are literally my new go-to dessert. i made them AGAIN (is that the fourth time in a month??) to bring to a staff luncheon and i’m not even kidding when i tell you it was the dessert that was gone first… by far!! #bestrecipeever
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..gender reveal | itz a…

6 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Yippeeee!! That makes me so happy :)

7 Chelsey December 13, 2013 at 7:09 am

We are going to see Santa this weekend too! I’m super excited. And no judging here on the RNP situation. Did I say that tonight we are putting the girls in the cribs? Uhhhh yeah I don’t know.

8 Stacie December 13, 2013 at 7:22 am

I completely forgot it’s Friday the 13th! I kind of like the number 13 myself, so I’m always fine with Friday the 13th.

Hope you have a good weekend!
Stacie recently posted..Fridays and Friends

9 Kaitlyn December 13, 2013 at 7:31 am

No judging at all! Try not to stress about little things like where baby sleeps. Just do whatever works best for you and your family and everything will be fine :) Lucas is in such a loving home, and that is the most important thing that he needs!

10 Katie December 13, 2013 at 7:36 am

How fun the cookie swap sounds! Our mom group had one last weekend, but it was too crazy with my sisters wedding, I couldn’t attend!

My sister and I are taking the boys to see Santa and Mrs. Claus tomorrow, our local township hosts a breakfast with santa, its really nice! The kids get a pic and a toy as well! The weather is supposed to get bad here, hoping we make it though!

Happy weekend to you! Oh and the crib transition is rough, Rocco loved his rock and play, but he did transition well. When you guys decide to move him in crib officially, he will adjust eventually, you do what is best for you guys and Lucas! Glad you are!

11 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:47 pm

And best of luck to you with Rocco and that poor teething (just saw your post on Facebook). Poor little guy (and mama!) :)

12 Shel@PeachyPalate December 13, 2013 at 7:54 am

I totally forgot it was Friday the 13th!!! Ah don’t worry we’re all super busy this time of year! I’m finding it hard to keep up with things I don’t have a super cute little baby to look after and distract me! Enjoy the cookie swap!!!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Too busy baking cookies

13 Suzanne @ Mix it Mom December 13, 2013 at 8:00 am

Girl, when you have a baby and work full time, you don’t mess with what works when it comes to them sleeping!! Neither if my kids slept through the night until almost one. If I have another, I will definitely get a rock n play as they seem to be magic, lol!!!
Suzanne @ Mix it Mom recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday-It’s Been a While

14 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Hahaha, I’d say they’re a blessing and a curse at the same time ;)

15 Kelly @ Femme Fitale December 13, 2013 at 8:01 am

I have a never ending pile of baby laundry as well. I think this might be the case for the next 10+ years of our lives. hahah!!! Lucas is growing so quickly and absolutely adorable.
I still can’t believe how amazingly committed you are to blogging, despite everything on your plate. You should be so proud of yourself!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Over Coffee [13.12.13]

16 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health December 13, 2013 at 8:03 am

Those bars sounds fantastic! Raspberry & chocolate are definitely a match made in heaven. I don’t know what I’d do without peanut butter in my desk drawer. Totally normal, girl lol I think all of your followers are looking forward to seeing pics of baby Lucas with Santa :) hehe happy Friday!
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Eggnog Protein Pancakes {Dairy-Free}

17 Hope @ With a Side of Hope December 13, 2013 at 8:04 am

I totally forgot that today is Friday the 13th! Those raspberry bars look delicious! :) I’ve been wanting to try that recipe from Kristin. It looks delicious.
Hope @ With a Side of Hope recently posted..Fun Finds Friday: Favorite Magazine Reads!..

18 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) December 13, 2013 at 8:07 am

I am superstitious, even though I don’t mean to be.
I was supposed to have baby girl’s big ultrasound today, but has them reschedule to last week because after my first trimester scare, I didn’t want any bag mojo around the ultrasound. Last week, all looked good, so it clearly worked ;)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..19 Weeks: Pregnancy Update

19 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl December 13, 2013 at 8:07 am

Taking my kids to see Santa on Monday. My oldest daughter is 17 and not too crazy about it, but it’s a family tradition!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt and Some of the Best Chrismtas Cookies Ever

20 Jess @dearhealthyness December 13, 2013 at 8:20 am

I didn’t realize it was Friday the 13th! Ha! well, let’s see how it goes. On the other hand those chocolate raspberry bars… yummy! Lucas is so gorgeous! have a great weekend!!

21 Danica @ It's Progression December 13, 2013 at 8:25 am

AMEN to that last one – tgif! :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Friday Favorites 12.13.13

22 Beth December 13, 2013 at 8:33 am

Hi Courtney
My daughter was in the RNP until 7 months! She loved it and wasn’t ready for the crib. We figured if she was sleeping and safe, why torture ourselves! She moved to her crib and it was no big deal. Don’t doubt yourself!

23 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:45 pm

That’s so great to know! Thanks for sharing, Beth :)

24 Missy December 13, 2013 at 8:34 am

We made Kristen’s chicken, bacon, artichoke pasta a few weeks ago! It was a huge hit in our house :) That creamy garlic sauce is unreal.

Aaaand now I’m craving a BLT. Mmm mmm!
Missy recently posted..Week of Evenings… Or not.

25 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat December 13, 2013 at 8:35 am

Those chocolate raspberry bars…definitely checking those out! Chocolate and raspberry is one of my fav combos! I’m totally with you on the PB! Give me a spoon (or knife) and a jar of PB and I’m a happy camper! ;-)

Have a great weekend!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Heart Healthy Almonds

26 Jessica December 13, 2013 at 8:47 am

You’re not alone- I get the jake theme song stuck in my head and I don’t even mind it haha

27 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige December 13, 2013 at 8:51 am

1. I just don’t understand 3 x’s/day blogging! Heck, I don’t understand blogging twice a day, unless you have a team working for ya.
2. UM, can you come to MY cookie exchange? ;)
3. I didn’t realize today was Friday the 13th until now, but I’m so with you.
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..34 Degrees Crispbread GIVEAWAY + Easy Crock Pot Jambalaya

28 Rachel S. December 13, 2013 at 9:00 am

I don’t know if you have one near where you are but I hear that if you go to a Bass Pro or Cabela’s there is normally not that bad of a wait to see Santa.

29 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:44 pm

We don’t have either of those, but thanks for the FYI!

30 Chels Marie December 13, 2013 at 9:01 am

Well Yum!! Those chocolate raspberry bars sound amazing!! And Holey moley! That pasta looks great! Haha hey if he’s sleeping…what’s that old saying, “If it’s not broke, why fix it?” I think that applies perfectly :)
Chels Marie recently posted..Where Are Your Manners??

31 Betty December 13, 2013 at 9:18 am

I think Santa is at the Brunswick Community center this weekend ? saturday? – The notice was on the board – I don’t know who is sponsoring it -good luck –
The cookie bars look yummy

32 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Oooo, good to know! Thank you!

33 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life December 13, 2013 at 9:23 am

Those chocolate raspberry bars look amazing! I would love to attend a blogger cookie swap, everything would be so delicious with great presentation, lol! :)

I am scaredof the pint of laundry when I have kids! I feel like I already do a ton of laundry loads just between my husband and I!

34 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 13, 2013 at 9:32 am

i love cookie swaps! I’m having one with my aunt and cousins on monday, and I can’t wait.
And no judgement on the baby sleep thing, we all do what we gotta do ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 12/13/13.

35 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 13, 2013 at 9:47 am

No judging here – I am just glad you were able to get him to sleep! You have to pick your battles slowly and a little at a time – plus YOU know what is best for him!

Glad to here everyone is doing well and I agree – I don’t care its Friday the 13th I am just happy it is Friday!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Five Things Friday – 12/13/2013

36 Jessica Molstad December 13, 2013 at 9:58 am

I am not superstitious at all. It is just another day! However, I love your Chocolate Raspberry bars! I have made them multiple times and even get request for them. They are Amazing! And don’t worry about Mr. Lucas, he will eventually sleep in his crib. I know as a first time mom I stressed out about every little thing and I look back and think it really wasn’t that bad. Have a great weekend!!
Jessica Molstad recently posted..A Few of My Favorites…

37 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples December 13, 2013 at 10:02 am

13 is my lucky number so I love Friday the 13′s! :) I feel like since everyone thinks it’s unlucky, it just leaves extra luck for me lol
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Cute Christmas Party Ideas (With a Healthy Twist!)

38 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:43 pm

13 is my lucky number too! :)

39 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 13, 2013 at 10:10 am

I made that pasta from Iowa Girl Eats last week, and it was a hit over here too! I will say that it was a little bit more of a time consuming dinner than I’m used to these days, but it was worth it! Yay for Lucas rolling! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Bits & Pieces of Ashley: My Love for Scarves

40 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Haha, it was YOU linking to it last week that put it on my radar ;)
And YES, it was wayyyy more time consuming than we’re used to! Both Jay and I were running around the kitchen like, waaaaait a sec…this isn’t how dinner goes around here these days?!

41 Melissa December 13, 2013 at 10:10 am

Great photos of Lucas and the chocolate raspberry bars look super yummy!
Melissa recently posted..Excitement by the Spoonful: NEW Refrigerated Finds!

42 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance December 13, 2013 at 10:11 am

Mmm…. Cookie swap sounds delicious! I love Kristen’s recipes!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Friday’s Food & Fitness: Farewell!

43 Morgan December 13, 2013 at 10:25 am

ick, I hate cinnamon flavored things too! My entire family loves them, except me!

I can barely (by barely I mean not at all..) keep up with the laundry my husband and I make in a week.. I can’t imagine adding a baby into it! Guess I need to get my laundry game up, since I’m due in June!!

PS those bars look AMAZING!

44 Katie @ running4cupcakes December 13, 2013 at 11:10 am

I totally agree -BLTs are the bomb. :) And I am all for great meals that produce a ton of leftovers. YUM! Happy Friday.
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Friday Favorites: 12/13/13

45 Nicole December 13, 2013 at 11:34 am

LUCAS IS SO CUTE!! Omg, I can’t handle him haha

46 Courtney @ Our Latte Love December 13, 2013 at 11:35 am

That pasta is amazing! It’s been a big hit over here (leftovers don’t last long!)

And I totally agree, babies and laundry is out of control. Then add in the extra landry from all the outfits I’ve lost to spit up, pee, sticky fingers etc. and it . is . too . much .
Courtney @ Our Latte Love recently posted..Thinking Out Loud

47 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life December 13, 2013 at 11:42 am

Chocolate raspberry bars?! Mmmmmm that sounds delicious ;) And sweet potato fries?! Seriously, all I want for lunch is one of those bars and sweet potato fries. Thank youu Courtney ;)
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..High 5 for Friday #10

48 Melissa @ Forloveandtravel December 13, 2013 at 11:53 am

That Chocolate Raspberry Bar look so good. I can’t wait to try that this season. I love taking treats to my ladies at the lab, so this would be perfect. That boy of yours is so cute. We just found out we are expecting and we are hoping for a boy, as cute as Lucas. Can’t wait!
Melissa @ Forloveandtravel recently posted..Chicago Trip Day 2-Part1

49 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Aww, thank you! (and congratulations!!!) :)

50 ErikaMC December 13, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Mmm those bars too delish!

We are hoping to see Santa this weekend too (it depends on nap time of course – doesn’t everything?!).

51 Courtney December 13, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Hahaha, isn’t that the truth!

52 Amanda Perry December 13, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Come on over…we love that song at our house too. haha

Ahoy Mateys…. ;-)
Amanda Perry recently posted..Change Your Career… Change Your Life

53 Meredith December 13, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Not superstitious, but definitely always notice when Friday the 13th rolls around! I feel like it should be okay to stay at home all day when it comes…ya know, just to be safe ;)

54 Ellie@Fit for the soul December 13, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Never been to a cookie swap party and now I’m wondering–how can I join one??! I’m so not superstitious and the fact that I never can keep track of dates makes it even funnier. I didn’t realize it was the 13th till you mentioned it! :P
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Round-Up of the Best Exercises

55 Molly @ In a Nutshell Nutrition December 13, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I’m not usually superstitious but this morning I woke up and right before I was to head out the door to work, I closed the fridge door “too aggressively” and a bottle of Fireball rolled off the top of the fridge and smashed between the wall and the back of it. The apartment smells like cinnamon now, but my boyfriend had to move the fridge by himself and pick up shards of glass so I could get to work on time. This all happened before I realized what day it was haha Thankfully nothing else has really happened (I hope I didn’t just jinx myself!)
Molly @ In a Nutshell Nutrition recently posted..Welcome to My First Post, Y’all!

56 Leigha @ Minougirl December 13, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Omg- you blogged 3 TIMES a day?! Wow! The amount of pb I’ve been eating lately is off the rockets too. It’s been included in 6 of my last 9 meals!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – Game Day

57 Ashley@cupcakesncrunches December 13, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I love that Sophie the giraffe made it in the laundry photo. And is couldn’t agree more about the laundry. I have a 2 month old & it is never done! But babies are worth the extra laundry! :)

Have fun at the cookie swap!

58 Ashlee@hisnHers December 13, 2013 at 5:38 pm

haha I have eaten peanut butter at my desk with an ENVELOPE OPENER before. I think that tops all laziness ever and grossness probably…. grosses me out to think about that but hey I did it anyway! lol

59 annette@FitnessPerks December 13, 2013 at 8:39 pm

A cookie swap sounds so fun! ANd those bars look yummmO.

Sleep is key–so however you can get it right now, more power to ya ;) And whoa laundry over here too. It never ends!
annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Fun Facts Friday {12/13/}

60 Jenn@Be ME December 14, 2013 at 5:29 am

No judging here at all…our little man is 5 1/2 months old and we are still transitioning him. My husband and I need our sleep, as we both are working and our little man sleeps so soundly in it, so we sleep : )
Eventually…we will transition…lol.
Have a great weekend!
Jenn@Be ME recently posted..Let’s “live” this holiday season and not just “survive” it.

61 Rochelle van der Ross December 14, 2013 at 7:33 am

Yummm! Those bars look absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Little Lucas is just the cutest – That face always makes me smile.

62 Laurie December 14, 2013 at 5:05 pm

People at work give me a hard time for eating peanut butter from a knife. I use the knife to spread it on crackers or a banana…. and then when there is nothing left, I eat the pb from the knife! Delicious!

63 Kaylie @FitnessMovesYou December 14, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I’m not too superstitious.. But I do knock on wood as a joke, a lot. :)

Lucas and Cody are seriously so adorable!
Kaylie @FitnessMovesYou recently posted..Weekly Workouts~ A Yoga Video & A Crossfit Workout

64 Amanda @ A Latte Learn December 14, 2013 at 6:06 pm

A cookie swap?! What a fun idea! I’m going to have to give those raspberry bars a go! Sounds delicious.
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..Straight No Chaser

65 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope December 15, 2013 at 3:03 am

Aww Lucas and Cody are too cute together! He’s going to love having a pet around as he grows a little older :)

I am obsessed with PB. I’ve been known to eat it by the spoonful lol. No shame!
Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope recently posted..The Ice-pocalypse of 2013

66 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts December 17, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I have an 11 month old daughter and she loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates – it’s a staple in our home. When she hears the theme song she waves her hands in the air! We love the songs just as much as her. And Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, forget about it, when the Hot Dog song comes on she goes crazy! Disney Junior kind of rules.