Weekend Highlights {12/16}

Oh, there was lots of fun stuff happening this weekend, so let’s just hop right to it!

Friday night I left Lucas and Jay home alone for a boys night in while I headed out to meet up with some fellow bloggers for a cookie swap.

There were all sorts of delicious cookies, actually 12 different kinds in all. Everyone brought 3 dozen of their cookie (I brought my favorites), so it worked out that we all got take about 3 of each kind. By the time the swap was over, everyone had quite a stash.

Right now they’re currently sitting on my kitchen counter and I’m trying to decide if I should maybe put them in the freezer. Wanna know a fun fact? If you were to look at my container of cookies right now, you’d see a ton of half eaten cookies. That’s because I usually want more than one kind at once. Ahh well. Winking smile

On Saturday, the three of us went out to Bombers to meet up with my brother to help him celebrate his birthday (he had to get his enormous birthday margarita, duh)! He turned 26 on Saturday and I officially feel old…it just doesn’t seem possible?!

Lucas did great while we were there (probably due to the fact that we weren’t there super long) and had fun hanging out with his uncle for a while. They were too cute together.

Once we said goodbye to the birthday boy, we headed over to my in-laws’ house for a late lunch. On the menu? Homemade mac and cheese (with chunks of ham – YUM!) and corn muffins. Ohh, how I love me some corn muffins.

Once we got back home Saturday evening, we put the little one to bed and then Jay and I cozied up on the couch with our electric blanket and some homemade brownies and ice cream while watching Love Actually (one of my favorites!).

Sunday morning we woke up to all sorts of…snow! For once, the weathermen were actually right and we wound up with about a foot. I will say…as much as I usually loathe the snow, it is rather pretty right now and definitely putting me in more of a Christmas spirit.

Lucas had fun watching out the window, especially later on in the morning while his daddy was snow blowing the driveway.

Yesterday afternoon, we headed out once again to my parents’ house to celebrate both my brother’s birthday (Saturday) and my dad’s birthday (this coming Tuesday) and just hung out watching the Jets game.

IMG_4654with a side of Santa butt Winking smile

My mom had made homemade sauce so she treated us to meatball subs for dinner,

IMG_4655IMG_4656

and, of course, birthday cake and ice cream for dessert. Happy Birthday, Dan & Dad!

Now, I’m sitting here writing up this post after just finishing what seemed like a marathon rocking/bounding session with Mr. Lucas to put him to bed. He was soooo overtired, and whenever that happens, it’s usually a recipe for a struggle at bedtime. I was planning on heading to bed, but now I see that National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is on TV and, well, since it’s one of my favorites I just have to finish watching that. I mean, who doesn’t love that movie, right?! Winking smile

Happy Monday, friends! Here’s to everyone having a fabulous week ahead!

Comments

I insist we watch Love Actually every Christmas season. It’s my favorite and never fails to make me laugh and cry- love it! David’s fav is Christmas Vacation so we watch that every year too :)

I would love some snow right now. I just saw it is supposed to be 70 in Charlotte on Sunday. Not cool. Hoping for a freak winter storm to hit on Christmas Eve 😉
    Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Weekend Lockdown

Yep–Love Actually is a MUST for 1,606,484 reasons!

Also, those meatball subs look amazing! I’ve been wanting a meatball sub actually, do you have a recipe you like? And if so, will you share?

P.s. You look beautiful and so happy!
    Madison recently posted..Letter to 16 Year Old Me

You need to get that boy a sled :) Mason got one like the one in the link below for Christmas last year and love us towing him around the yard and sliding down the hill (with us pulling him)

Love the cookie swap idea – maybe next year I will do one of those parties :)
    Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..5 on Friday – Chilly Weather Clothing

Love his outfit on him, Rocco has the same one! We didn’t get the reindeer slippers, Rocco does not keep shoes on and it is a lost cause, haha!

Glad your brother had a great birthday!

Happy week girl!

That looks like a nice weekend! I always leave half-eaten cookies (and lots of types of food actually) because I’m such a grazer. Oops.

What a fun weekend. I am obsessed with the idea of a cookie swap. I am trying to solicit some friends to get in on this fun with me!
    Looks like you had a lot of good eats. I don’t know why I don’t make meatball subs more often. So yummy and pretty easy!
    Happy Monday!

I’m dying over the chocolate raspberry cookie bars!! I almost got the stuff to make them this weekend but decided to wait since I am having a baking day with my best friend next Monday. My wedding cake was chocolate with raspberry filling so those flavors always take me back. My fave!!
    Suzanne @ Mix it Mom recently posted..It’s a Wrap

The weekend just flew by! I cannot believe it is Monday already!! I hope this week goes by quickly too. My mom and I decorated the house the entire weekend. It was a bit overwhelming, but the overall result is fabulous. Red and green is everywhere!!! Sunday was spent watching football (Go Hawks) and baking Christmas bark! Yummm!
    Tara Mitchell recently posted..It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

tou’re son is so cute! I love that movie Christmas vacation- Uncle Eddie is my favorite. Hope your dad and brother had a great birthday. My father in law’s is tomorrow and mine’s January 9th. I’m not a fan of birthdays around the holidays :(

10. Eve says

I used to go to Union College so I know all too well about bombers huge margaritas!!!

And I totally feel you on the half cookies- I probably do it more cause its better to think u only ate “a few pieces out of a few” when in reality it equates to far more than a whole cookie!! No shame. Tis the season :)

11. Amelia says

Woohoo fun weekend. Check out those cookies! I usually end up eating too many and go home with a stomach ache, but hey, it’s only once a year!
    I would love to have some of that snow! It always feels more like the holidays with snow. Now that I have lived in charleston for 11+ years, whenever I get the chance to go north and enjoy the snow, I’m all for it!
    Amelia @i_heart_kale

12. Tamara says

So jealous of your white Christmas, it looks so beautiful and cozy. I am in Australia and today is 41 degrees (105.8 fahrenheit)!

the mac + ham is such an elementary school meal – i totally love it. that’s a compliment! i do the half-eaten cookie thing too when i have a ton to try. that one with all the carrot shreds in it looks awesome! i remember having meatball subs for lunch every day my freshman year of college. those were the days…they were heated in a brick oven! oh and that dessert, there’s just something about cake and ice cream!
    Caitlin recently posted..My First Thinking Out Loud Thursday!