Fun Facts Friday {12/20}

by Courtney on December 20, 2013

1. One more day of work ahead of me today and then I am OFF on vacation for a whole entire week. Ohhh baby, am I excited. Not only does it mean no work, but it also means I get lots of extra time with this smiley face.

2. For the past couple of weeks, I’ve gone back and forth on whether or not I wanted to send out Christmas cards this year. Typically, we don’t, but seeing as it’s Lucas’s first Christmas and all, I kinda figured that we should. So last night, we took some photos in front of the tree, uploaded them to Target, and will hopefully have them in the mail by Saturday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?

3. Last night, I made one batch of Chocolate Raspberry Bars and two batches of Dark Chocolate Turtle Graham Bars. Like I don’t already have enough to keep me busy. Baha.

4. Have you guys seen the latest Coca Cola commercial about parenthood? Oh my god, I am in love with it. Seriously…they totally nailed this one.

Parenthood

5. After getting dumped on with all this snow earlier this week, we’re apparently going to be getting a crapload of rain this week, with temps in the 50s. If we lose all of this snow right before Christmas, I’m gonna be super disappointed!

6. The amount of sweets I’ve eaten in the past 48 hours of sort of ridiculous. No regrets.

7. I know I’ve mentioned it the past two weeks, but THIS weekend, I’m hoping we’re going to be able to bring Lucas to see Santa. I think we may also attempt a meal out at a restaurant with the little guy. Wish us luck!

8. Do you guys want to know the most hilarious show in the entire world? Impractical Jokers on Tru TV. Oh my freakin’ god. Jay and I laugh so hard sometimes we cry. We had it on a couple of nights ago, and I was worried we were going to wake up Lucas in the other room with our laughing. Best. show. ever.

9. I have totally been diggin’ all of the Elf on the Shelf photos I’ve been seeing people post. Seriously…some of the poses and/or “situations” you all are getting your elves into are just fantastic. Keep ‘em comin’!

10. When I started thinking about this post about two hours ago, I swear I had about 20 different things I was ready to include. Now? I’m struggling here at 10…so I think it’s about time to call it quits and head to bed!

Happy Friday, everyone! Have a great day, and a fantabulous weekend!

1 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes December 20, 2013 at 7:22 am

Good luck with the meal out and seeing Santa!!! Now I feel like I really need to watch that show because hey, who couldn’t use more laughter in their life ;-) Have a great Friday and enjoy the week off!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Thursday Thoughts and a little bit of throwback.

2 Heather @fitncookies December 20, 2013 at 7:34 am

I hope you share the Christmas card photo! I wasn’t going to send out any either but I ended up making some from someone at Etsy. So affordable, and since we just got married, went on a honeymoon, got a cat, and bought a house, I felt like we should send them, lol. Good luck with Santa and the dinner out!!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Christmas Lights and Thumbprint {Recipe}

3 Linz @ Itz Linz December 20, 2013 at 7:42 am

i’m making those chocolate raspberry bars AGAIN to take to jonny’s work party! and i too have eaten a ridiculous amount of sweets… not just in the last two days… how about two months!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Five Things Friday

4 Shel@PeachyPalate December 20, 2013 at 7:50 am

I bet you just can’t stop thinking about it being your last day of work! Eek! You’ll have such a fun Christmas with the little man this year!!! You’re first proper little family Crimbo!!! Somehow no matter how busy we always find time to bake cookies!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Seasonal Smoothies

5 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl December 20, 2013 at 8:19 am

Good decision to send Christmas cards. Everyone needs to see that cute little face! Thanks for sharing the commercial…that’s great!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Merry Christmas to you!

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 20, 2013 at 8:33 am

Brandon and I like Impractical Jokesters, too. Except Brandon noticed on a couple of episodes things that made it seem fake and now he’s not as in to it. But we used to roll with laughter on that show! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Three.

7 chelcie @ chelcie's food files December 20, 2013 at 8:39 am

yay for a whole week of vacation! Lucas is so darn cute i can’t stand it!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Five “Random Things” Friday 12/20

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 20, 2013 at 8:56 am

I’m jealous of all of you who start your time off after today…I still have to work on Monday. I don’t think it’s going to actually be that bad because things are already slowing WAAAYYY down but I wouldn’t be surprised if something big happened Monday that kept me busy. That’s just the way things go. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday – Rest for the Sick

9 Brie December 20, 2013 at 9:08 am

I love impractical jokesters too! It is so funny and I can’t stop laughing every time I watch it!

10 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 20, 2013 at 9:14 am

Yayyyy last day of work before vacation! You must be so excited! And I’m in the same boat with the ridiculous-number-of-sweets thing….meh ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 12/20/13.

11 Rachel @ The Mason Maison December 20, 2013 at 9:16 am

We somehow managed to get our cards out early this year, which was a Christmas miracle. I’m impressed with all your baking! After a few dozen batches of cookies, I’m definitely burnt out! Enjoy a nice week off :)
Rachel @ The Mason Maison recently posted..Jessica Alba’s Shredded Chicken Enchiladas

12 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat December 20, 2013 at 9:17 am

After today, I’m off of work too and don’t go back until January 2nd!!!! Boy am I excited!!! We got snow the other day too and now this weekend it’s going to be in the high 60s. This weather is crazy! I was really hoping there’d be snow on the ground for Christmas too!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..A Holiday Break

13 colleen @thegiftofmondays December 20, 2013 at 9:23 am

how exciting to be seeing Santa! while you mark that milestone, i just marked a big one with my 9 year old son 2 days ago, when he asked if Santa was real. oh they grow up too fast so enjoy every last minute of this first Christmas. and every moment to come after that! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!
colleen @thegiftofmondays recently posted..dear tommy…Santa is real…

14 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 20, 2013 at 9:43 am

Ahhh I LOVE that photo of Lucas – what a cutie! We were going to see Santa, but then we realized it cost $20 for the smallest package. Uh, no thanks! Enjoy your time off with your boys! xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Let’s Chat About Christmas

15 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne December 20, 2013 at 9:53 am

Yay for vacations!!! Those are always appreciated! Omg, I’m not a parent, but that Coca-Cola commercial was hilarious!! Good luck going out to dinner and getting that picture!! Happy Friday :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Holiday Randomness

16 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 20, 2013 at 10:06 am

Aww glad you will get an entire week off and lots of family time!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Five Things Friday – 12/20/2013

17 Kathryn December 20, 2013 at 10:24 am

My daughter was 6 weeks old when I took her to see Santa the first time. We had about a 30 minute wait. She slept through the whole thing, until our turn, then she was awake and hungry, and therefore fussy. I still need to get my kids to Santa this year, crap!

18 Ashlee@HisnHers December 20, 2013 at 10:31 am

Love that picture of Lucas! Good luck at dinner, maybe he will give you an early Christmas present! ;-)
That commercial is too cute.

19 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life December 20, 2013 at 11:39 am

My hometown got an inch of snow and apparently the roads froze over, so everyone is freaking out and cancelling school. An inch? Come on. Maybe I lost my sympathy after living in Bozeman for a while, but I don’t think 30 degrees with an inch of snow is bad enough to cancel. #endrant. Your comment about the rain washing away the snow reminded me of that!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Currently

20 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 20, 2013 at 11:52 am

The Elf On The Shelf made an appearance at our Crossfit gym yesterday. That was pretty cool!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..I’m A Nerd Like That

21 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health December 20, 2013 at 11:57 am

LOVE that picture of Lucas. He’s too precious. I’ll have to check out that show on Tru TV. Sounds like a good one!
Good luck with Santa! It will be fun to see Lucas’ reaction to him. Hopefully you can get a few cute pictures!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Winter Favorites

22 cait @pieceofcait December 20, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I love the elf on the shelf pictures! some of them are really funny and naughty! haha

23 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health December 20, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Courtney I made the raspberry choc bars for a work Xmas party today! MAJOR hit! Thanks for another amazing recipe, girl! :)
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins {Whole Grain, Low Fat}

24 Nala December 20, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Those Raspberry bars look amazing – I need to make a batch as well! lol, I guess we could all use a ridiculous amount of sweets no and then. I’m sure you are looking forward to your week off with your cute lil man!

25 Ellie@Fit for the soul December 20, 2013 at 3:03 pm

haha I was never into Christmasy stuff like like picture Chrstimas wishes, but now that it’s our daughter’s first Christmas as well I’m changing quite a bit! :P Also, great to know that you have no regrets after all the sweets! Nothing as annoying as that “guilty” feeling lingering around, right?
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..The Awesome Benefits of Jumping Rope {Vlog}

26 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog December 20, 2013 at 3:52 pm

That commercial was so cute…and it actually made me want to drink a coke :-)

Hope to see a pic of Lucas with Santa!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Peppermint Gingerbread Truffles + A Jingle Bell Rockin’ Workout

27 Sanaz@ Run for Cake December 20, 2013 at 7:48 pm

How cute is Lucas. He is adorable! Getting so big!
I love love love this elf on a shelf. I am definitely getting this and doing it with my daughter next year (when she is two and can get more involved). Have a great holiday weekend.
Sanaz@ Run for Cake recently posted..Homemade bread makes me run longer

28 Katy @ Savor Life's Flavors December 21, 2013 at 11:00 am

I am right there with you!!! As a teacher, I get so many edible Christmas presents. I need to seriously hit the gym this week!! Happy holidays!
Katy @ Savor Life’s Flavors recently posted..Flavor of the Week: Butternut Squash Risotto

29 Kaylie @FitnessMovesYou December 21, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Yeay! Enjoy your time off with that cutie-pa-tootie!
Kaylie @FitnessMovesYou recently posted..Fitness Goals 2014 & A Ton of Videos

30 Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change December 22, 2013 at 11:36 am

Hope you have a happy weekend with your little family! Friday posts always make me so happy. =)