Fun Facts Friday {12/27}

by Courtney on December 27, 2013

1. And just like that, Christmas is over. How is that every year, it seems like you blink and the day is gone?? For those of you who celebrate, I hope you had a wonderful day! The first few facts we have here are, of course, going to be a bit Christmas related.

2. Here’s our totally last minute Christmas card we put together!

And by last minute, I mean we took pictures last Thursday evening, ordered them Thursday night, picked them up from Target Friday evening, and sent them out on Saturday. Nothin’ like waiting until the last minute!

2. This year, Jay, Lucas and I split Christmas day at both of our parents’ houses. We first went to my in-laws house for presents and breakfast, which included some homemade pumpkin bread, pancakes, and bacon. YUM.

Later on, we went to my parents’ house for presents and an early dinner, which included the Christmas tradition of mom’s homemade lasagna. My godddddd I love that stuff.

3. I’m super ticked off at myself for the fact that I got NO pictures of our family on Christmas. Actually, the only pictures I really took on Christmas were of the food up there. Go figure?

4. The three of us were all spoiled with lots of fabulous presents this year, but there’s a couple that definitely stand out…

Tickets to see Justin Timberlake in July (!!!) from my parents

And a Blendtec blender from my fabulous husband.

Let me tell you just how excited I am to put this thing to use. With the amount of sweets and heavy foods I’ve thoroughly been enjoying these days, I’m actually more than ready to start adding in some more fruits and veggies. Smoothies, here I come!

5. The winner of the Bonefish Grill gift card giveaway was chosen! Was it YOU?

6. Yesterday, my girl Colleen wrote a freakin’ fantastic post. I’d highly recommend you go check it out.

7. For the past few days, I’ve felt sort of “off.” Not necessarily sick, but sort of blahh with some headaches and tummy troubles. Not sure if it’s a little bit of a bug or just from being a bit run down. Either way, I’m looking forward to feeling back like myself soon.

8. Somebody else also hasn’t been feeling quite like himself. While he’s, thankfully, still been a fairly happy guy, Lucas has been much more chill the past few days. Not that I’m ever complaining about him just sitting and relaxing with me…gosh, I wish he’d do it more often.

However, we woke up yesterday morning and we think we figured out why he’s been a bit off. Apparently, Santa decided to bring Lucas his first tooth! And, oddly enough, it appears to be one of his canine teeth, which I thought was weird? But then again, what do I know?

9. In addition to a new tooth, Lucas woke up yesterday and can suddenly now sit up all by himself. Seriously…somebody freeze time, will ya?

He’s still a bit wobbly, but I’m still amazed at just how sturdy he is. And on top of that, he’s a whole 5 months old today. Craaaaaazy.

10. That’s all I’ve got for ya today, my friends! Hope you’re all having a fabulous week, and wishing you a fantastic weekend ahead! Smile

1 Tina Reale December 27, 2013 at 6:58 am

Glad you had a great Christmas, Courtney! Lucas is, of course, adorable. And, if it makes you feel any better, we don’t even do Christmas cards. I would stress about forgetting until the last minute every year until finally I just said screw it and stopped even trying. Haha!
Tina Reale recently posted..Friday Five

2 Linz @ Itz Linz December 27, 2013 at 7:50 am

cute pictures of lucas as always, last minute or not! :) i hope you feel better soon!! :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Merry Christmas!

3 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health December 27, 2013 at 7:50 am

You are going to fall in LOVE with that blender. I went from a Ninja to a Blendtec and haven’t looked back. I use it to make hummus and salad dressings, too. The Christmas card turned out adorable – better late than never! ;)
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Spinach Turkey Meatballs in Curry Butternut Sauce

4 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) December 27, 2013 at 7:51 am

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

I haven’t been to a concert in so long, which is a shame because they are so much fun. I’m sure JT will be amazing. Note to self, put a concert on the books after baby girl arrives in May!
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..21 Weeks Pregnant

5 Ashley December 27, 2013 at 8:17 am

Looks like a great Xmas. I’ll be at that same JT show! I can’t wait!!!!

6 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 27, 2013 at 8:26 am

Glad you guys had a great holiday, even if there aren’t pictures to prove it. I didn’t really take any either and really, sometimes I think that’s better because it means we’re too busy enjoying ourselves! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Post Holiday #FitnessFriday

7 Sanaz@Run for Cake December 27, 2013 at 9:26 am

It is so excited when they start sitting. Now is when the fun really begins! My daughter is one and I swear she just gets more and more fun everyday. Glad you had such a great holiday. ps. so jealous of your blender!
Sanaz@Run for Cake recently posted..Miami Beach fun with a Michigan snow bunny

8 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 27, 2013 at 9:26 am

Oh I loooove your Christmas card! I’m so glad you decided to send them out last minute. ;) We have all of ours taped to our pantry door, and yours is at Hunter’s eye level when he’s in his walker. Last night he was just STARING at baby Lucas, it was the CUTEST thing! We did Christmas cards this year, but we pretty much only sent them to family to save on some money… Next year I want to send them to everyone though!

I’m so jealous you got a Blendtec… I’ve been wanting one (or a Ninja!) all year. Oh well, eventually I’ll hopefully get one. Have fun with it! I’ve heard it’s awesome!

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Hugs!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Keeping Healthy in Twenty Fourteen

9 Kelly December 27, 2013 at 9:37 am

Ummm I can’t even TELL you how excited I am for JT to come to the TUC in July!!! Such an excellent gift! Looks like you had a very nice holiday! Enjoy the weekend!

10 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 27, 2013 at 9:50 am

That blender looks awesome! All I have is a Magic Bullet-esque single serve blender, so I think I’m going to need to invest in a bigger one sooner or later. And the Christmas card is adorable!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Atticus says…

11 Leigha @ Minougirl December 27, 2013 at 9:55 am

You ate well on Christmas!! I’ve been feeling kind of blah lately too – too many cookies!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Christmas Festivities (part 1)

12 Sarah @ Sweet Miles December 27, 2013 at 9:55 am

Your christmas card still turned out super cute! Last minute is totally the way to go :) Glad you had a great Christmas!!! Such sweet memories with Lucas!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Christmas 2013: Our Day

13 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl December 27, 2013 at 10:02 am

Your Christmas cards are GREAT! You would never know that they were thrown together last minute. You are going to love the Justin show. My son and I went last month and it was sooooo much fun!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Christmas Scenes 2013

14 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire December 27, 2013 at 10:09 am

Oh my gosh, Lucas could not be any cuter! Glad you guys had a great Christmas–that blender is amazing! Happy Friday!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..A Little Holiday Reminder

15 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health December 27, 2013 at 10:11 am

Lucas is getting so big! That’s nice that the milestones were at a time you were with him and will remember forever. It’s crazy how fast they grow.

Glad you had a nice Christmas! The JT concert ought to be an awesome one!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Southwestern Hoppin’ John

16 Alaina December 27, 2013 at 10:11 am

Happy 5 months Lucas! I can’t wait to hear about your new discoveries under Baby Tooth! <3

17 Shel@PeachyPalate December 27, 2013 at 10:14 am

Oh wow!!! Lots of great Christmas surprises!!! Love when babies get to the stage that they can sit by themselves…it’s a whole new world!

18 Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love December 27, 2013 at 10:29 am

Wow what a wonderful Christmas! Gavin is trying to sit up too but he’s got a ways to go still. Have a great weekend!
Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love recently posted..Christmas Sickness

19 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne December 27, 2013 at 10:56 am

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas :)! Well, the food is always pretty good around that holidays, so that might be why! I’ve always wondered about babies, like if you know when they are going to learn something new. I guess it really is true, it just happens over night, which is completely crazy to me!! Have a great Friday :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Let’s Play Catch Up

20 Nicole December 27, 2013 at 11:05 am

Beautiful Christmas card! That’s perfect for throwing it together fast :) I have been feeling the same as you though, hang in there!! Its just the craziness of the season and activities I’m sure. Also, you have a baby so your a tad more tired than us all <3

21 Jess December 27, 2013 at 11:22 am

That last minute card is beautiful! Time sure flies! your baby is growing up so fast! Have a great weekend!

22 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life December 27, 2013 at 12:10 pm

My parents still haven’t sent out their Christmas cards. My mom finished them last night so I’m guessing they’ll be sent out today. Now THAT is procrastination ;) Your card is so adorable! What a cutie <3
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..High 5 for Friday #11

23 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves December 27, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Such an adorable Christmas card! We’ve been doing last minute, spontaneous things this Christmas as well, so you’re not alone.
That lasagna looks amazing and I kinda want some right now.. ;)
Hooray for Lucas sitting up on his own! Man, he really is growing up quickly!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Fascinating Friday Links #17

24 Carson December 27, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Majorly jealous of your JT concert tickets! I’ve heard his 20/20 Experience show is amazing!!
Carson recently posted..Way back when

25 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 27, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Love that post about pinterest! It is so so true! So many things are like that these days! It looks like you all had a GREAT Christmas! You are ahead of me because we didn’t even send out Christmas cards this year! Oh well….
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Five Things Friday – 12/27/2013

26 Danica @ It's Progression December 27, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Glad you had such a great Christmas! I would be stoked about the JT tickets too – I’ve heard he’s fantastic in concert!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Christmas 2013!

27 Molly Ritterbeck December 27, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Seriously – time does go by too fast! My Bailey Boo is trying to walk!
Molly Ritterbeck recently posted..2014 Goals Are Being Thought About…

28 Christine@munchkinmumbles December 27, 2013 at 7:47 pm

What an awesome Christmas card. It must be so hard to watch them grow but so much fun at the same time basically the definition of bitter-sweet.

29 Brittany @ proteinandpumps December 28, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Love your holiday card – better late than never! I’m beginning I need to start a Christmas breakfast tradition….all of the cinnamon rolls and pumpkin bread I’ve been seeing on the blogs look so amazing.
Brittany @ proteinandpumps recently posted..Catching Up

30 Annette@FitnessPerks December 28, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I LOVEEEEEE the Blendtec!! It is the best blender ever!! (p.s. fun fact: vitamix stole blendtec’s latest design. So technically blendtec is the better designer/company. hehe)

Lucas is adorable! Yay for sitting up!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Christmas Eve 2013 Recap

31 Ashley December 28, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Lucas is so adorable!!! Is there an update on his nighttime crib sleeping? I’m 37 weeks tomorrow and just interested in any information I can find to help me when I get to that point!! Thanks Courtney!

32 Katy @ Savor Life's Flavors December 30, 2013 at 9:46 pm

LOVE the Christmas card! I got Yonanas for Christmas, a soft serve fruit machine and I cannot wait to start using it! I am definitely feeling the weight of the holidays this year. :-)
Katy @ Savor Life’s Flavors recently posted..Monday Montage: 12/30