The Details From My NYC Trip!

So if you follow me on Facebook or Twitter then you’ve probably already seen my news, BUT…

Do you guys remember back in November when I was down in NYC?

Well, the latest issue of FITNESS Magazine is out now, and guess whose mug is currently blasted on one of the advertisement pages?

Embedded image permalinkThanks Renee,  for sharing the pic!

Bahaha…crazy, right? 😉

Lands’ End had asked me to help them launch their new Performance collection, and now that their site is up and running with their new Lands’ End Performance page, I’m able to share it with you all!

The site and the ad both came out so, so good, but if I’m being honest (what else would you expect?), it’s totally weird for me to look at and/or listen to it! I mean, you’re always your own worst critic, right? As someone who does my own hair and makeup every day, I have a hard time totally loving how someone else does those things on me (although I DO love the process of getting them done!).

And hearing your voice on a video and/or audio is always kind of awkward, right? I feel like I should also briefly touch on my thoughts on body image, so here goes…I had just had a baby 3-1/2 months prior to that photo shoot. Was I (or am I) in the best shape? No, definitely not. But hey, whatever. I love the fact that Lands’ End still wanted to use me to be their “model” (I use quotes, because it’s still weird to say it seriously, haha) at what is most likely a fairly average size for many other women out there. I’m not perfect, I am who I am, and that’s that. (Funny enough, the first time I saw the pictures from the shoot, my first thoughts had nothing to do with body image at all…I thought I looked like my eyes were super squinty and my eye makeup looked weird. 😉 )

But really…silly, honest little thoughts aside, this opportunity was just incredible and the whole thing is just way too cool. Never would I have thought I’d see my face blasted in an ad of a magazine I’ve been reading for years. Just crazy.

And for those of you who may be interested, I’m going to be co-hosting a Twitter party with Lands’ End tomorrow, January 8th, from 7:30-8:30pm EST. There’s going to be some great giveaways involved, so if you want to join in, we’d love to have you! Just be sure to follow @LandsEndPR (and me, @SweetToothCourt, of course!) and use the hashtag #GetActive.

Alright, I’m off for today…I’ll catch you cool cats tomorrow!

Comments

1. kara says

I was so excited when I saw this! They made a great decision choosing you, Courtney! You are beautiful and so relatable! Congrats on this opportunity!

2. Bonnie says

So this is the first time I’ve ever commented, but I love your blog. When I got my magazine in the mail last week and saw that ad I couldn’t believe it. You look wonderful and should be so proud! Keep up the great work! Again, love your blog – your honesty is so refreshing! :-)

3. Betsy says

You look absolutely fantastic in the pictures! You’re such a great example of how I hope to act after I have children.

4. Mandee says

Congrats on the ad! I think it’s awesome.

I think you look skinny and healthy, so I don’t think You even have to defend your body by saying that you just had a baby. I think that body is healthy and quite good even for someone who didnt even have a baby at all! Haha. I feel like with a lot of blogs I read, there are unrealistic expectations and sometimes a “defense” of eating bad foods or looking a certain way when no one owes anyone an explanation!

I get it though, looking at ourselves we see things that others don’t.

Honestly when I saw your pics I was like she looks great, I like her hair up. Then after you said the thing about the body stuff I went back to look because I thought you looked good like you always do in your pics! I hadn’t seen anything to even make me think about the fact that you just had a baby etc.

Wow, congrats to you!!

I gotta say – I can absolutely see why they picked you for this campaign. Not only do you have a wonderful blog and the perfect story, but you were just a natural on that camera :-) You looked gorgeous, and I truly believed in what you were saying, which I’m sure is the most important part!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Things I’m Loving: The New Year’s Resolution Edition

6. Andie says

Congratulations, Courtney! They did such a good job with the video – you’re a natural. Oh, and your accent is so cute!

This is absolutely amazing Courtney! Thanks for touching on the body image issue, as well, because you’re right-we all are own worst critics and especially after you’ve just had a baby, it can be really easy for women to be even tougher on themselves. But you look stunning and incredibly fit! Congratulations!

8. Laura says

This is SO awesome and exciting! You look amazing!! I’m so happy for you, they sure picked the right gal for the job!!!!

It’s so great to see everyone so happy for you, Courtney! Like everyone said, you are VERY photogenic (I always thought so!) and a good role model in terms of health because of your past, and then now for your improving self image. 😀 It’s so cool to see you on there! Kind of like, “heyyyy I know this girl!” lol
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Short & Killer Jog Roping HIIT+Eats

10. Rachelle says

I got my Fitness magazine in the mail the other day and saw you in it! I was so happy to see a familiar face! This is so great! Congratulations! 😀

11. Ashley H. says

YOU ARE THE MOST PRECIOUS PERSON EVER! Your Land’s End ad is absolutely adorable and you sound so sweet on the video!! Congrats! You seem like such a genuine and sweet person and I love reading your blog! :) God bless you and your family!

12. Car says

I don’t comment often, but just wanted to say I think you look great in the pictures, and should be really proud.

13. Evamarie says

OMG I love it!! I was dying to know what you were going to be featured in – so happy for you – you look amazing!!

14. Carol T. says

Courtney: just received the Fitness magazine in the mail and WOW!!! you look great. Lands Ends has some wonderful clothes and you look great modeling them…I was so excited when I saw the ad. You should be modeling more… jay and your family should be very proud of you.. I know your readers are!!!!

15. Nala says

I just the Lands End page and video and I must say it looks great and well done! You look great and happy, and I hope you get to do more projects like this in the future!!