WIAW: Has It Been That Long?

by Courtney on January 8, 2014

Guys. Has it seriously been since October when I last did a WIAW post? I knew it had been a little while, and maybe I’m losing my mind, but has it really been that long? Sheesh.

Well, today I’m back again with a new one! I managed to document all of my eats from Tuesday AND actually found the time to blog about them all. Whaddya know?! Winking smile

Before we get to that though, can I just say how incredibly awesome you guys are?? Thanks so much for all the sweet comments yesterday. You all sure know how to make a gal feel good about herself!

Breakfast

A cup of coffee + blueberry banana walnut Hot Oats + a banana

I actually really missed out on my green smoothie yesterday morning. I have been making them almost every morning but a) it was absolutely freezing yesterday and the thought of drinking something cold didn’t sound all that great, and b) I ran out of time to make it in the morning anyways. Hey, maybe today?

Mid-Morning Snack

I found myself starving again around 10:15am, so I spread a bunch of peanut butter on a couple of rice cakes I had stashed at my desk (unfortunately, they’re all gone now…time to restock!).

I’ve totally been lovin’ on this combo lately, FYI. So, so good.

Lunch

A big ol’ salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, carrots, grape tomatoes, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and some rolled up deli turkey with parmesan peppercorn dressing on the side.

I also had a meeting later in the morning and one of the guys I work with brought in some homemade hummus and chips, so I snacked on some more of that with lunch.

Umm, ok seriously? Homemade hummus is unreal. Why do I even buy the store-bought stuff?? I need to get on that, like, yesterday.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

Lunch did a good job of filling me up but I still wanted a little something sweet, so I snacked on the two clementines I brought with me to work (for one of the first times in my life, I have yet to find a “dud” in my box!)

I also sipped on a hot mug of chai green tea to try to defrost my hands (it was absolutely freezing in our office yesterday!).

After work, I picked up the boy, came home, and we did our usual thang…feed, hang out and play, dinner time for Lucas, and bedtime. Jay actually took care of bedtime last night (we’re trying to have him do it occasionally with a bottle, just so he can get used to both of us) so I took a quick 25 minutes to squeeze in a workout. I had been trying to psych myself out all day to do it and I was SO pumped when I made it happen!

As someone who would most definitely choose to exercise in the morning (but is not quite possible just yet with Lucas’s sleeping), trying to workout in the evening is not always easy. I’m not sure how often I’ll be able to make it happen, but a quick workout tonight totally seems doable. I’m feelin’ good about it.

Dinner

While I finished up my workout, Jay actually took care of making dinner for us (what a guy, right?).

We were originally planning on making paninis but we never got the bread for it (DUH), so we improvised and made smothered chicken instead. He marinated and grilled up the chicken, then topped it with some sliced avocado, bacon, and provolone cheese, with some frozen veggie + potato thing on the side. Mmmm mmmmmm was it good.

I also need to tell you guys about a delicious dinner that we had on Monday, too. Our friends Sarah and Jeff came over to visit and Sarah offered to make us dinner at our house (gosh, I love her). She made her favorite chicken parm recipe and OMG, was it goooood.

Rock on, Sarah. You make a meeeeeean chicken parm. Winking smile

(Fun Fact: Sarah and Jeff are having a baby boy this coming April, so Lucas is going to have yet another friend to play with!)

I loaded my plate up with chicken and pasta. There was no holding back…and I had no problem finishing pretty much all of it.

Wanna know another fun fact? The plate above with the smothered chicken was our smaller dinner plate; the plate right above with the chicken parm is our large dinner plate. Funny how they look so similar, right?

Dessert

As of the time I’m writing this post (on Tuesday night) I’ve yet to have something, but I’m pretty positive I’ll probably be finding some sort of chocolate this evening. ;)

1 Presley @ Run Pretty January 8, 2014 at 6:35 am

It’s been even longer for me. Your food actually *looks* good. I swear my plates are a disaster. I try to feed myself after getting “the boys” sat down at the table. Some nights I seriously eat straight out of the pan. It’s insane.
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..I’m a Terrible Decision Maker

2 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 8, 2014 at 6:46 am

Have you ever had the caramel rice cakes? So good!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The 2014 PA Farm Show with PennAg Industries

3 Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie January 8, 2014 at 7:14 am

I’ve tried using smaller plates lately, and it’s crazy what a difference it makes! Yet, I still get plenty of food!
Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie recently posted..What Defines You?

4 Kristi January 8, 2014 at 7:15 am

I love making homemade hummus. It’s definitely an item that I make more often than I buy. It’s so easy, and it costs a lot less to make at home. Plus, it’s the proud factor of eating your own homemade hummus. :)
Kristi recently posted..Making the Most of the Day

5 Jenn@Mark My Mile! January 8, 2014 at 7:15 am

What an amazing friend you have to come cook for you guys. That chicken parmesan looks so good!
Jenn@Mark My Mile! recently posted..Mark My Mile!

6 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves January 8, 2014 at 7:22 am

I need to try making homemade hummus too then! And clementines have seriously been rockin’ lately for sure. The smothered chicken and chicken parm look absolutely amazing!
Glad to hear you’ve been having some great eats and workouts, even if they are in the evening. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week, Courtney!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: Super Snacky

7 Madison January 8, 2014 at 7:25 am

I agree on the homemade hummus thing–I used to make it all the time. I need to start back up! :)
Madison recently posted..The Best Carrot Cake Ever

8 Linz @ Itz Linz January 8, 2014 at 7:38 am

YUM to all of your eats!! and yes homemade hummus is the bomb (i literally just typed bump…. lol what’s on my mind?!) i def don’t make it nearly enough but need to!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..cranberry egg sandwich

9 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List January 8, 2014 at 8:10 am

We’re going through a box of Cuties every 3 days over here! Can’t get enough!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..intentional living – our decision to homeschool

10 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 8, 2014 at 8:34 am

Wow both of those recipes look DELICIOUS! Sounds like you had some amazing Wednesdays eats :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..How to Get Through a Mentally Tough Workout

11 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 8, 2014 at 8:37 am

I LOVE rice cakes with peanut butter! SO good! I had forgotten about them for a couple weeks but then went through my supply so fast I couldn’t get to the grocery store fast enough!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Butternut Squash Ginger Soup (Recipe)

12 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat January 8, 2014 at 9:00 am

Everything looks so tasty! I haven’t had rice cakes in years, but I think I’m going to get some this weekend and keep them in my desk at work – rice cakes and PB definitely sound like a good mid-morning snack. Your salad and smothered chicken look exceptionally delicious!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #27 – A Recipe Review

13 Shel@PeachyPalate January 8, 2014 at 9:01 am

Welcome back!!! Lots of yummy eats!! Dinner looks amazing! Restaurant standard!

14 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 8, 2014 at 9:12 am

Oh wow, BOTH of those dinners look fantastic! Congrats to Sarah! So exciting! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Hungry Beast Mode

15 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 8, 2014 at 9:17 am

I keep meaning to try making my own home-made hummus as well… I’ve had a can of chickpeas sitting in my pantry for God only knows how long, but I keep putting it off because I’m somehow convinced that I won’t like it as much as the store-bought stuff. Definitely need to get on that…
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … pancakes for dinner .

16 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes January 8, 2014 at 9:17 am

I’ve missed your WIAW! They always had great ideas in them. I hope you get time to do more!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..8 parenting tips I’ve picked up in therapy.

17 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life January 8, 2014 at 9:19 am

I just caught up on your post from yesterday, ahh congratulations girl! I am so happy for you, what an incredible opportunity! You are so gorgeous both on the inside and out and are such an amazing role model for women! It couldn’t have happened to a better person! :)
Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life recently posted..WIAW: Buckeye Ice Cream

18 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life January 8, 2014 at 9:21 am

I used to be an evening exerciser- I just went with my mom when she dropped off my little sister at the ballet studio a few minutes away. Once I had my own car, I became a right-after-school exerciser and that’s how I am now at college too! I’d love to do morning workouts but it’s difficult when everyone else does too and there’s no space at the gym!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..WIAW 1/8- Return of Dorm Food

19 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance January 8, 2014 at 9:26 am

I was just thinking yesterday that I should make my own hummus! Now that I know it is so delicious I will have to give it a try!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Jumpstart January

20 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne January 8, 2014 at 9:31 am

I agree, I didn’t think it had been that long since you had done a WIAW post! OMG that salad looks soooooo good, and the dressing sounds super good! I’ve been wanting to make my own hummus for a while, but I keep being told by everyone that it’s hard to make (not that that is going to stop me!), it’s nice to see someone else did it!
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..•Simple•

21 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 8, 2014 at 9:41 am

It’s been ages since I’ve made homemade hummus – thank you for the reminder of how awesome it is!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Winter is Going to Turn Me Into a Hermit.

22 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog January 8, 2014 at 10:11 am

I always love the look of your lunchtime salads. I think I have a salad nearly 99% of the time for lunch.

That Chicken Parm is lookin’ might delicious! My BF is from NJ, and for some reason this makes him extremely picky about Italian food. There are certain classics, such as chicken parm, that I’m afraid to cook, because I don’t think I can get close to what it should taste like according to the jersey boy!

Would love the recipe :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: No Oven, No Cry

23 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health January 8, 2014 at 10:20 am

I find Italian food so satisfying on cold nights… I’ve been craving it all week with these low temps! One look at that chicken parm has inspired me (and my taste buds) to make it tonight. :)
Also- homemade hummus is the BEST. I can’t go back to store bought anymore. So simple, too!
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Spiced Carrot Cake Protein Smoothie

24 Annette@FitnessPerks January 8, 2014 at 10:37 am

Mmmm that chicken parm dinner sounds/looks so so good! I’ll have to add that into recipes I want to do.

I’ve been chugging green smoothies too-I’ve missed them!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..WIAW-Eats on Holiday Vacay

25 sara @ Fitcupcaker January 8, 2014 at 11:00 am

I love chicken parm! What a great friend to come cook!!
sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..WIAW- Eats Lately: Cheesy Brussel’s

26 Kate January 8, 2014 at 11:17 am

Would love that smothered recipe!!!! Looks fantastic!!!!

27 Brynn January 8, 2014 at 11:47 am

I love to keep a warm mug of tea in my hands. It keeps me warm and I find that I will sip it throughout the day, which helps with snacking. Bonus!
Brynn recently posted..Blueberry Crumble Coffee and Speakable

28 Madison @ Eating 4 Balance January 8, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Okay, so I am a frequent reader of your blog but have never commented. However,when I opened up my Feb. 2014 edition of Fitness and saw you… I had to come here and comment right away. I love your tips for getting fit and the whole spread is amazing. You look awesome!

Oh, and Happy WIAW ;)

29 Leigha @ Minougirl January 8, 2014 at 4:46 pm

You are eating well, girl! My future husband better be able to cook as good as Jay.. man, that smothered chicken looks good!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – Last Day Off

30 Jen W. January 8, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Please, please share the chicken parm recipe…… looks so yummy!

31 Lyric January 8, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Avocado and bacon on chicken is basically all my favourite foods combined into one, I definitely need to try it soon! Im weird and actually love working out at night; I think its mostly because I love watching TV while doing an at home workout and all my shows are recorded by the night time!

32 Libby January 9, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I’m catching up on my favorite blog:) That chick. parm looks yummy! I am so addicted to low salt rice cakes with peanut butter….I eat tons of them! Btw, your Land’s End ad is totally adorable and my family LOVES you Cheesy Italian Bread. I make it about once a week…hardly any leftovers but if there are I toast it and it’s just as yummy as the day before! Thanks for sharing and stay warm!