Top 10 Recipes of 2013

by Courtney on January 9, 2014

If you’re a fellow blogger that uses WordPress, then you probably already received your 2013 year-end summary which, if you’re anything like me, find super cool. I love getting all of the fun stats for the year!

One of those stats happened to include my top 5 posts of the year; three out of the five were Baby Tooth posts, but the top two just so happened to be the first recipes I have listed for you here. (Thanks to Pinterest and Google searches, these two posts blew up!). I was intrigued, so I did a little further investigating to see what other recipes were the most viewed by all of you. So…here are the top 10 viewed recipes by all of you in 2013!

#1 – Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup

crockpot stuffed pepper soup

I kind of wish I had actually taken the time to take a real photo for this recipe. I hadn’t even planned on blogging about it right away and just quickly snapped one in my dark living room. Ahh well, whatcha gonna do, right? Seriously though, pics aside…you’ve gotta try this stuff. SO good.

#2 – Healthy Taco Salads with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing

There was a number of searches for the dressing that made this recipe a popular one. If you’re a fan of cilantro, then this salad and dressing is definitely for you.

#3 – Chewy Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookies

This recipe is probably one of the first recipes I ever posted on the blog and goes all the way back to 2010. I really cannot tell you how often I use this cookie recipe. It is most definitely my go-to. I should really update these photos…yikes.

#4 – Low-Fat Crockpot Veggie Stew

This is definitely a favorite, cold-weather recipe (and another old one – from 2011!). Perfect with a nice warm loaf of bread. Mmm mmmmmm. Although stew isn’t always the most photogenic, it’s flavor makes up for its looks.

#5 – Sensational Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

Gosh, I need to make these again. So easy, so delicious. So easy to adapt to include whatever you really love.

#6 – Healthy Chicken Parmesan Burgers

chicken parm burger

Jay and I still make these burgers quite frequently and will often make them for friends when they come over for dinner, too. They’re quick, ridiculously easy, and outrageously tasty. And I can say that with confidence because my husband, who despised ground chicken, absolutely loves ‘em now.

#7 – Cheesy Italian Quick Bread

cheesy italian quick bread

I have yet to find a meal that this bread does not go good with. I know there’s a number of you out there who are just as big of fans as I am, and that makes me so happy.

#8 – Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce

This one was a surprise, seeing as I completely forgot I even had the recipe posted on the blog. Whoops?! Thanks for the reminder though, everyone. It’s now back on my radar.

#9 – Apple Cinnamon Raisin Baked Oatmeal

apple cinnamon raisin baked oatmeal

This is a perfect make-on-Sunday recipe to have for during the week. Just scoop out a serving, heat it up quick in the microwave, add a splash of milk, and you’re good to go for almost the whole week (depending on how many people you’re sharing with).

#10 – Apple Cider Cupcakes with Apple Cider Cream Cheese Frosting

These are some of my favorite cupcakes. Thanks to the use of a boxed cake mix, they’re whipped up in no time flat, but the addition of apple cider and seasonal spices really kicks them up a notch. BUT, if we’re being honest…it’s all about the frosting. Winking smile

I’d love to hear – have you tried any of the recipes above?

1 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 9, 2014 at 6:39 am

I JUST made the stuffed pepper soup–for the 2nd time!–on Monday! So good!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..First WIAW of 2014

2 Heather @fitncookies January 9, 2014 at 7:01 am

I totally agree with the cupcakes- the icing is amazing! I could eat it by the spoonful ;) I also love the Cheesy Italian Quick Bread. SO. good. I haven’t found a recipe of yours I don’t like!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..New Years 2013

3 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes January 9, 2014 at 7:10 am

I’ve been wanting to try to make quick bread for a while now! With some soup in the cold weather it’ll be perfect comfort food!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..20 Weeks: Taking it all in.

4 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie January 9, 2014 at 7:11 am

Of course, the dessert recipes are the ones that really stick out to me!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..What Defines You?

5 Linz @ Itz Linz January 9, 2014 at 7:12 am

you know which i recipe i woulda had up there… your chocolate raspberry bars!! best things ever!!! i want to make your cheesy italian quick bread!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Join FitFluential

6 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves January 9, 2014 at 7:24 am

Thanks for this roundup! I’ve spotted these on your blog before, but I have forgotten that I wanted to try so many of them! I especially want to try the stuffed pepper soup, chicken park burgers, and cheesy Italian quick bread. Mmmm.
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Behind the Scenes #5: Weird Winter Happenings

7 Kristie January 9, 2014 at 7:41 am

Your cookie recipe has been the hero of my baking for the last few years! I can’t count how many different ways I’ve made them. Always perfection!

8 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health January 9, 2014 at 7:54 am

I made the chicken parm burgers a few weeks ago and they were excellent! I ended up chopping one of the burger patties up and serving it on spaghetti squash with extra marinara the next day for lunch. Delish! I have to say, girl, your cupcake and cookie recipes have become my fav go-tos for baking these days :)
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Spiced Carrot Cake Protein Smoothie

9 Becky@TheSavedRunner January 9, 2014 at 8:17 am

All of these recipes look so delicious! I remember when you first posted some of them because I pinned them, but I had forgotten about them until now! Thanks for the reminder! :)

10 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl January 9, 2014 at 8:20 am

Great round up! I love your chicken Parmesan burgers. Delicious!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Thinking Out Loud 3

11 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 9, 2014 at 8:50 am

I’ve made both the Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup and the Cheesy Italian Quick Bread multiple times! That bread is a huge favorite in our house. :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..01/09/13: Thursday Thoughts

12 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne January 9, 2014 at 9:02 am

That salad looks bomb.com! I made one like it over the summer! And those cupcakes just look so pretty! I’m a huge cupcake maker, so I’m always looking for new interesting recipes!
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..•Simple•

13 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life January 9, 2014 at 9:07 am

I have been wanting to try that stuffed pepper soup for forever! Thank you for reminding me about it! I am thinking that Cheesy Italian Bread would be amazing with it! :)

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 9, 2014 at 9:11 am

I’m surprised that more cupcake recipes didn’t make your list – I’ve made your chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes before and they are incredible!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Bertoldi’s Trattoria: How I Learned That I Like Anchovies.

15 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life January 9, 2014 at 9:15 am

Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal?! How did I miss THAT?! It looks delicious!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..One down…

16 Alaina January 9, 2014 at 9:37 am

I made the apple spice cupcakes last year for Thanksgiving and they were a big hit! I will definitely be making them again. :-)
Alaina recently posted..Race #1 – 1st Day 5K

17 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat January 9, 2014 at 10:42 am

I haven’t had a chance to try any of the recipes, but I definitely have some pinning to do! I’m most excited for the slow cooker recipes and that cheesy bread. Yum!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Totally Random Bits of Info #6

18 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 9, 2014 at 10:48 am

I have to say all these recipes are making me hungry!! They look delicious and there are several I am going to have to give a try!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..1 Hour Treadmill Interval Workout

19 Ali January 9, 2014 at 11:25 am

I haven’t made any of them, but they all look wonderful.

20 Lyric January 9, 2014 at 12:11 pm

I’ve tried your caesar chicken burgers and pumpkin pasta sauce and both were delicious! I loved having the sauce on spaghetti squash; so yummy and I definitely need to make it again soon..
Lyric recently posted..Green Smoothie Addiction

21 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance January 9, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Those chicken parm burgers just made me insanely hungry!! I want them now!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Jumpstart January: HIIT Cardio & Strength Video

22 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives January 9, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Ok, so I’m def. gonna try those chicken parm. burgers…they’re right up me & hubby’s alley! ;-) Do they freeze well? This may be a good food to quickly re-heat and enjoy, when baby Ethan is born in a few weeks (and I don’t have much time to cook)! Lol.
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..Tuesday Thoughts – 33 weeks!

23 Nicole January 9, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I’ve made your Chocolate Chip Heath Bar cookies and they were a hit! :)

I need to get my frosting kit from my parents house so I can start doing cupcakes….yours always look so professional! :D

24 Annette@FitnessPerks January 9, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Mmmm! I need to make that stuffed pepper soup asap!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Balance Bar & Yurbuds Giveaway!

25 Sarah @ Sweet Miles January 9, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I just bookmarked that chicken parmesan burgers!!! YUM!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Blogger Feature: Daily Cup of Kate

26 Rochelle January 9, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I’ve made your quick bread and the cupcakes…and OH MY GOODNESS, the cupcakes are utterly amazing! I took them to my boyfriend’s family get-together over the summer and literally everyone wanted to know my secret. I told them the secret is that I got the recipe from your blog, lol. Also, the quick bread was super quick and easy, and had my two girls begging for more. My 10 year old daughter was asking me if I could add it to the list of recipes to “teach” her to make.

27 Krystina January 9, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I’ve made quite a few of your recipes and always enjoy them! From this list, I’ve made the crockpot stuffed pepper soup, a version of your low-fat crockpot veggie stew, creamy pumpkin pasta sauce, and the apple cider cupcakes. Delish!

28 Ellie@Fit for the soul January 9, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Wowwww all of these look amazing, Courtney!!! I’m actually surprised to see that your most popular recipes are almost all the savory kind. And stew is definitely one of the best things to eat when it’s cold out–easy to make and comforting for the soul. ;)
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Thinking Out Loud+Current Crushes

29 Leigha @ Minougirl January 9, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Oh man, I need to try that pumpkin sauce! YUM!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – Last Day Off

30 Nicole January 9, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I’ve only made the cheesy bread and it’s so easy and delicious! I’m looking forward to trying some of the others. For the chicken parmesan burgers, what kind of chicken do you buy? Is it just ground chicken or ground chicken breast? I know ground turkey breast is a little better in my opinion than just plain ground turkey, but i wasn’t sure if ground chicken worked the same way!

31 Anna January 9, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I tried the cheesy Italian quick bread- loved it!

32 kristen @ livinlifeinlouie January 9, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I love getting that email as well! It is always interesting to see your blog year at a glance
kristen @ livinlifeinlouie recently posted..Getting healthy eats

33 Louise January 9, 2014 at 10:39 pm

I made the quick bread tonight for dinner. It was simple to make and absolutely delicious! Will definitely be trying the other recipes soon!

34 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty January 10, 2014 at 11:46 am

I made your veggie crock pot stew and LOVED it! Thanks for the great recipes!

35 The Funster January 12, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Courtney
What a great list of recipes! The Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup and the Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce look awesome. I’m going to try these two and let you know how they turn out. Thanks for providing such a plethora of ideas!
The Funster recently posted..Angry Birds Air Swimmers Review!

36 Bonnie January 13, 2014 at 10:12 am

I made the Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup and Cheesy Italian Quick Bread last night and they were so good! Both my husband and I really liked them. I am excited to try more of your recipes since those turned out so well. Thank you!

37 Courtney January 15, 2014 at 10:30 am

So glad you liked em, Bonnie! Thanks for trying :)

38 Rushfit January 30, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Courtney
The Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce looks great! Being a runner they say “… eat pasta, run fasta…” LOL. So this dish would be perfect. Thanks a lot, yummy!
Rushfit recently posted..RUSHFIT Work Out!