1. Twenty more days until I turn the big 3-0! Holy craziness.
2. For the past two nights, Jay and I have thoroughly enjoyed some Sausage and Tortellini Soup for dinner.
I totally forgot that I had made this recipe back when I was pregnant and divided it into two portions; we ate the first portion a while ago, but I just came across the second portion in the freezer earlier this week, which I had totally forgotten about!
Last night, we served it along with some crescent rolls that we had on hand (and Jay actually fed me most of mine while I was co-hosting the Lands’ End twitter party).
But seriously. That soup is awesome. I would highly recommend it!
3. This week, I was supposed to start working on a campaign for a very well-known company and, to be honest, the pay was pretty damn awesome. However, after researching a bit more about said company, I discovered a lot more about their practice of using GMO’s in many of their products, so I made the decision to back out of the campaign. It stinks to lose out on the money, but I’d much rather do that than promote something I don’t agree with (even if I may still eat some of those things…I know, contradictory much? I think it’s time to start weeding out some of the bad stuff…).
4. I was SO pumped to find out that Target was still selling my favorite slippers, and they are 50% off right now! I think it’s ‘bout time to trade in my old ones for the new…
5. You know that awesome feeling when you get everything finished on your to-do list? Yeah…me either.
6. THIS cake. Umm, yes please?! I want.
7. Over the past four days, I have managed to get three after-work workouts in. They’ve been short (two sessions of 10lb. Slimdown + 1 session of T25) but effective, which is what works for me right now.
8. Remember how I told you guys that Lucas had his first tooth come in? Yeah…well, turns out, I lied. Apparently, it was something like an Epstein pearl, which is a callus that can form from sucking. Makes sense, I suppose. I think it’s since gone away and now we’re still all gums over here. False alarm!
9. Last night, Uncle Dan came to visit!
And he also brought goodies for meeeeeee.
10. My brother works for a local coffee distributor and as part of my (belated) Christmas gift, he brewed me a few specialty bags (yes, he brews the coffee right from the very early beans and I’ve already told him I want to shadow him for a day at work…how cool would that be?!?). I already have my eyes on that Cinnamon Danish flavor and am planning to try that out today. Mmm mmmmm.
11. I was ridiculously emotional yesterday. I cried watching Ellen give away things to a guest on her show, and I cried more than once about the fact that I thought Lucas gave his babysitter (our good friend, Erika, who is wonderful with him) bigger smiles than he gave me. Yes. I’m apparently a little sensitive, wouldn’t ya say? Sheesh.
12. I really, really want to bake some cookies this weekend. I also really want to go shopping, get my hair cut, clean the house, run a few miles, go out to eat, meal prep, and have some time to relax. Hey, a girl can dream, right?
Happy Friday, friends! Make it a great one, and have a fabulous weekend!