Weekend Highlights {1/13}

by Courtney on January 13, 2014

Ohh it was a great weekend, my friends. I feel like I say that come every Monday morning, but honestly, they really are. Being able to be home for those two days with my family after working all week really is just so nice, so I’m pretty sure I’ll continue saying they’re great weekends unless something horrible happens. But let’s hope it doesn’t!

Here are some of my favorite highlights from this weekend…

Saturday evening take-out. Since Jay and I ate in on Friday night, we decided to order some take-out on Saturday, which came in the form of some Bombers burritos. I ordered my favorite, of course.

While we ate at the table (a huge shockers, since we’ve been eating every single meal at our coffee table), Lucas also joined us and had some dinner, too. We joked saying it was our first real meal where we all sat down and ate together.

I decided to let Lucas play around with some ripe bananas to see what he’d do, but he really just squished ‘em around. We’re spoon-feeding over here!

Once Lucas was in bed, I finished up on the cookies that I had been working on earlier on the day. When I tell you I had SUCH high hopes for these, I’m really not kidding. Unfortunately, they sort of exploded on me…

I think it may be fixable though. My guess is that the homemade toffee pieces (yes, homemade toffee pieces!) were too big, causing them to run. I’m gonna try these again with some smaller chunks, and if all works well, then I’ll most definitely share. Promise.

Saturday night also included a movie for me and the hubs.

Have you guys seen this movie? So stinkin’ cute. And no, we didn’t care that we were 30 (well, almost for me!) and hanging out on a Saturday night watching an animated movie. It’s what all the cool kids are doin’. Winking smile

Sunday morning highlights included Jay offering to take care of the grocery shopping while I squeezed in a workout. Saturday’s workout included some Pilates, and Sunday’s was one of my favorites – 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Kickboxing.

I started a little while after Lucas went down for his morning nap but, unfortunately, somebody woke up a little early on me. I still had about 20 minutes left in my DVD, so I got him from his crib and put him in his swing while I finished up. Luckily, he had a ball watching me right up until just before the cool down…then he had had enough.

Nothing that a change of scenery and some Jake and the Neverland Pirates couldn’t fix though.

And yes, we’re still rockin’ the Santa PJ’s. Winking smile

Sunday night’s dinner was absolutely a highlight. During the afternoon (while Lucas slept on me, no less), I whipped up a batch of my favorite Chicken & Veggie Soup + some cornbread.

I could seriously eat cornbread every single day of my life. Not even kidding.

Shortly after dinner, I left my boys for the evening so I could head out to watch my little bro bowl in a tournament. He made the taping for the TV show (just like my dad did a couple of years ago!) and actually won the tournament! Goooooooo, Dan!

Oh yeah, and I also finally got my hair cut this weekend too. Here’s an awkward (aren’t the all?) selfie shot for ya, since you really can’t tell too much up there…

Trying to decide if I want to go even shorter?? But for now, definitely diggin’ it.

My last highlight for the weekend included some of those cookies you saw up above along with some couch time with my sweetie before calling it a night. All in all, I’d say I did a pretty good job of checking off some things off of my “wish list” this weekend. Winking smile

How was everyone else’s weekend? Do anything fun and exciting?

1 Heather @fitncookies January 13, 2014 at 6:40 am

You did such a great job knocking things off that wish list! Looks like a fantastic weekend, no doubt! Love Lucas playing with bananas; so funny! Hope your Monday goes well :)
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Two Dates and Some Movies: MIMM

2 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 13, 2014 at 6:45 am

LOVE the hair! And love the Lucas pics–he’s such a cutie!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday Snapshots – 1/12

3 Alex @ therunwithin January 13, 2014 at 6:52 am

I still have yet to see Despicable me 2, you would think after quoting the first one daily I would have already seen it??? Have a great Monday!
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Like me. Like hell. Like everybody else.

4 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes January 13, 2014 at 6:56 am

Your hair looks great! What a great weekend! We definitely rocked the Christmas pi’s til about March last year ;-) If they fit, why not?
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Five Things Friday- 1.10.14

5 Madison January 13, 2014 at 7:29 am

I could eat cornbread every day of my life too…and it’s weird because I used to hate it and now I love it! :)
Madison recently posted..Olympic Athlete Survey

6 Shari January 13, 2014 at 7:51 am

Your hair looks so pretty! :)
Shari recently posted..Home Sweet Home.

7 Linz @ Itz Linz January 13, 2014 at 7:52 am

love the new ‘do!!!!! i went shopping with my mom and got several pairs of maternity pants – much needed!! i know what i’ll be living in now!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Core Power Fit Kit GIVEAWAY

8 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) January 13, 2014 at 7:54 am

Love your hair cut and the adorable minions! Yes, I’m 30 and I’ve watched it, too ;)

Love that you let Lucas play with his food! Watching Hailey explore her first foods via BLW (though I know you prefer spoons which is great- to each their own :)) was one of my favorite parts of her first year. I’ve never been so appreciative to have Koda to help with clean up ;)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Weekly Menu & Food Prep with Toddlers

9 Stacey M. January 13, 2014 at 7:57 am

LOVE your new do!!! Glad you’re loving it as well … sometimes taking the plunge and deciding to chop it off backfires in your face when you get home and realize you miss all the length.
Congrats to your brother on winning that tournament … pretty cool that he’s kind of following in your dad’s footsteps.
As for my weekend, this one was the first in quite some time that I actually stayed at home and accomplished lots of laundry, cleaning, organizing, etc. My schedule has cleared out since the holidays and I actually felt a little lost not having SO much to do. I enjoyed the quite time though because we have many more events to attend in the coming weeks …

10 Suzanne @ Mix it Mom January 13, 2014 at 8:00 am

Welcome(almost!!) to the 30’s club! They really are the best years, I promise!! Your new haircut is super flattering on you!! A couple months ago, I did the same thing, chopping off all my long hair. I liked my longer hair but I feel sassy with my shorter, shoulder length cut.
Suzanne @ Mix it Mom recently posted..Random Thursday Thoughts #4

11 Danica @ It's Progression January 13, 2014 at 8:04 am

Your hair looks gorgeous!!
It’s kind of bittersweet when a recipe doesn’t quite work out right…you have to make them all over again, but that means getting to enjoy them twice :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..scenes from the weekend 1.13.14

12 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 13, 2014 at 8:05 am

Despicable Me 2 = amazing. I turned 29 about a week ago, and I have to admit that most of my favourite movies are still animated ones. Nothing quite like getting that warm and fuzzy feeling :)

And your new hair looks great! I love the lighter and fresher feeling that shorter hair gives… and not to mention it’s so much easier to take care of.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... link love 1/12 .

13 Hayley@healthyregardshayley January 13, 2014 at 8:24 am

The best part of my weekend was that I finally got to get outside and ride my bike! Indoor rides every day have been killing me! I also had some great time to reflect and refocus which always makes for a refreshing weekend.

Btw… I like the short hair, and lucas is getting so big!
Hayley@healthyregardshayley recently posted..My world famous recipe

14 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine January 13, 2014 at 8:28 am

wow, it sounds like such a great weekend! I could eat cornbread every.day.of.my.life.too. It is so fantastic. Lucas is getting so, so big! It’s so wild! What a cutie!

15 Karen January 13, 2014 at 8:33 am

Your hair looks adorable and that little guy is the cutest!! Have a great week!!
Karen recently posted..MIMM…Busy Bee

16 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat January 13, 2014 at 8:47 am

Well, it certainly sounds like a great weekend, and I love the new haircut!

Bummer your recipe didn’t work out as planned! Hope you get it to work because those homemade toffee bits certainly sound intriguing!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..The Starfish Story

17 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty January 13, 2014 at 8:57 am

The cookies sill look really good even though they exploded! How did they taste?

18 Courtney January 15, 2014 at 10:31 am

OMG, soooooo good. I really, really need to try them again! :)

19 Jenn@Mark My Mile! January 13, 2014 at 8:59 am

Such a wonderful weekend for you! I too got my hair cut last week and I feel it has more volume and makes me look more professional ; )
Jenn@Mark My Mile! recently posted..Idolizing my coffee

20 Shel@PeachyPalate January 13, 2014 at 9:00 am

Your hair is stunning!!! Really suits you! Lucas looks so teeny tiny of the sofa…such a little cutie!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Granola Bark

21 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne January 13, 2014 at 9:05 am

Mmmm those cookies look sooo good. I would crush them up and add them to froyo or ice cream!!! And I agree with you on corn bread, that stuff is just sooo good. That is the one thing I would choose to survive on the rest of my life (if I had to choose). Have a great Monday :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Banana Oat Pancakes

22 Courtney January 15, 2014 at 10:30 am

Oh we’ve most definitely done that the past few nights. Cookies + ice cream = heaven :-P

23 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 13, 2014 at 9:05 am

LOVE the cut! Super cute! And LOVE the tshirt too! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The Wild Feathers

24 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health January 13, 2014 at 9:22 am

Props to you for squeezing in cooking, baking and a workout this weekend! Sounds successful, indeed! I’m sure the cookies still tasted delish. Sometimes the messier, the better :)
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Slow Cooker Blueberry Muffin Oats

25 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 13, 2014 at 9:26 am

I just watched despicable me 2 last night..its hilarious! love the new hair cut!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Meals for the Week 1/12

26 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 13, 2014 at 9:43 am

Yay! Glad you had such a great weekend! I love your hair! We’re totally sportin’ the Christmas PJ’s over here too. As long as they fit, he’ll keep wearing them as far as I’m concerned. Ha! Also, Lucas will get better with the finger foods in time. ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Booty Strengthening (& Shaping!) Exercises

27 Kayla January 13, 2014 at 9:47 am

No shame rockin’ the animated movie! My hubs and I watched it this weekend too, after the kiddos were in bed. Haha. :) Also, I need to try working out while the twins are in their swings; they laugh when I dance silly in front of them, so I bet a workout would be about the same, eh?
Have a good week!

28 Sarah @ Sweet Miles January 13, 2014 at 10:11 am

LOVE that haircut!!! Get it, girl!! :) Also, Despicable Me is fantastic!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..SITS Day

29 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 13, 2014 at 10:12 am

Despicable Me 2 is hilarious…I may have to watch it again soon ;-) And your hair looks gorgeous! I’m debating going for a shorter style myself…but if it’s like every other time I think about cutting my hair, I’ll chicken out and just get a trim at the last minute ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..MIMM: Requirements for a Perfect Weekend.

30 Jess January 13, 2014 at 10:21 am

Despicable me 2 :D I watched it in theathers with my nephew ;) Isn’t it the role of an auntie to watch animated movies with her nephew? Yes it it!! Nice hair cut!
Jess recently posted..Couch potato weekend

31 Kristi January 13, 2014 at 10:22 am

Lucas looks so big sitting in his highchair.
I love your hair cut. It’s really cute. I think you could probably go shorter and still look beautiful.
Kristi recently posted..What do you choose?

32 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 13, 2014 at 10:27 am

Looks like you had a WONDERFUL weekend! LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair! I got my hair cut similar not long ago but it has already grown out a whole bunch! Anytime I cut my hair I always miss my long her immediately. I wish I could convince myself to go shorter!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Motivation Monday Part 3

33 Beks January 13, 2014 at 10:29 am

I notice the most as I “Grow up,” that it was the stupid kids who wanted to seem more mature who claimed they didn’t watch cartoons. Cartoons are where it’s at. They’re so amazing, and funny for everyone. Adults love them probably more than kids now! :-D
Beks recently posted..New Year’s Resolutions

34 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance January 13, 2014 at 10:51 am

Your hair looks so pretty! I want to see Despicable Me 2! I was hoping it would be a featured movie on my last plane trip but it wasn’t!!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..White Sand and Turquoise Water in the Whitsundays

35 Nala January 13, 2014 at 11:01 am

Yay for you for knocking off a lot of things off your wish list! I love your hair – it looks really nice! Lucas looks so adorable in all the pictures. I could eat cornbread every single day too. This weekend was a bit crazy for me as I was dropping off my baby sister at college for the first time……so yeah very emotional

36 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life January 13, 2014 at 11:13 am

Love Despicable Me 2! Seriously though, where can I buy a minion?! ;) I love your hair!! It reminds me of the 90s (in a good way!!) :)
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..MIMM #39- full of celebrating!

37 Lyric January 13, 2014 at 11:23 am

Even though the cookies didn’t quite turn out you can bet I would be eating them all anyways ;) Your hair looks so nice and I’m really digging the shorter look. Congrats to Dan on winning thats awesome! I’ve always wanted to be good at bowling but it is just not my forte.

38 Caitlin January 13, 2014 at 12:25 pm

those swings are lifesavers! i love lucas’s fuzzy little practically bald head. such a cutie. cornbread every day? yeah no problem there, i could totally do the same!
Caitlin recently posted..Marvelous Mohegan Trip!

39 Tabs January 13, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Oh my goodness, that cute little boy is getting SOOOO big!!!

And if it makes you feel better, we watched Despicable Me 2 this weekend too…we tried to watch it with our almost 2 yr old but he fell asleep so it was just me and the husband watching and laughing our heads off. Loved it, soooo cute! :)

40 Kelly January 13, 2014 at 2:26 pm

The haircut looks great! And Despicable Me 2 is excellent. I am not ashamed to say that my NYE consisted of me and 3 other 20-somethings watching that movie. haha
Kelly recently posted..“I can’t emphasize enough how little we thought about this”

41 Ali Damron January 13, 2014 at 2:34 pm

That sounds like a nice weekend! We all three had the flu over here, so not a very fun weekend for us.

42 Courtney January 15, 2014 at 10:28 am

Oh nooo!! :( Hope you’re all on the mend!

43 Natalie @ Free Range Human January 13, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I love the new hair! Definitely a good choice!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Gorgeous!

44 Ashlee@HisnHers January 13, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Your hair looks so cute! I bet it feels so weird when you wash your hair. Or it always does for me at least when I cut that much at a time!

45 Courtney January 15, 2014 at 10:28 am

Haha, oh it totally does! I’m like, umm, wait, where’s the rest of it lol?

46 Rachel January 13, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Your hair looks so cute! Isn’t it refreshing to chop a few inches off? So fun to play around with new styles. Your hair has lots of body, you’re lucky :)

47 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! January 13, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I absolutely love Chris Freytag! She is amazing and so inspirational. I’ve taken quite a few classes from her at fitness conferences and she is just as amazing in person as on camera!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Adventures To Pedernales Falls State Park

48 Courtney January 15, 2014 at 10:28 am

You’ve taken classes with her in person?!?! How awesome!!!

49 Shawna January 13, 2014 at 5:29 pm

hair looks great! and L is adorbs.

50 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely January 13, 2014 at 5:40 pm

How cool that your brother won the tournament…Impressive! I love your hair, it looks so cute on you! And I’m looking forward to hearing about that cookie recipe. Those look so yummy!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Weekend Wrap-Up {1/11-1/12}

51 Leigha @ Minougirl January 13, 2014 at 5:50 pm

The hair is adorable! You really did have a great weekend. I’m with ya on the cornbread- love it!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..MIMM – Winter Weekend

52 Angie@adiamondthatshinesbright.com January 13, 2014 at 5:50 pm

I LOVE your hair! Seriously so cute. Now you look like your cartoon character at the top of your blog:)
And Lucas looks so old sitting in his high chair, crazy!

53 Courtney January 15, 2014 at 10:28 am

Hahaha, I never thought about that! ;)

54 Parita @ myinnershakti January 13, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Aww…love that crying photo of Lucas – he just looks so cute!

And love your haircut. Short hair really suits you!

55 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie January 14, 2014 at 8:56 am

Love your haircut!! It looks so good wavy.

This weekend I ran my first marathon! You could definitely say it was an exhausting/fun weekend.
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Disney Marathon Expo

56 Courtney January 15, 2014 at 10:27 am

OMG congrats to you!!!! That’s awesome!

57 Gracie January 14, 2014 at 10:12 am

oooh please do us all a favor and figure out what went wrong with the cookies ;) they look incredible!
Gracie recently posted..#LEAN14 january jumpstart: healthy alternatives.

58 Annette@FitnessPerks January 14, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your hair!!! SO cute.

And those cookies look really good regardless of the spillage-yummmmm toffee!!!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Postpartum & Baby: 2 Months Update

59 Melissa @ For Love and Travel January 14, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Loving the hair cut, it’s too cute!! I have long hair and have always had long hair, when cutting it shoulder length it always tends to make my head feel so much lighter. That little Lucas is so adorable, and his hair is getting darker. Precious!
Melissa @ For Love and Travel recently posted..A Comfort Kit by Through the Heart

60 Holly January 14, 2014 at 8:01 pm

You are too cute Court, I am LOVING the hair. I say, go for it- I think especially with spring coming up shorter would be adorable!!
& Lucas, boy oh boy, he’s getting SO big & just way too cute!
Holly recently posted..Baked Cinnamon Raisin Cookie Oatmeal

61 Jenny @ The Wellness Journey January 15, 2014 at 10:25 am

LOVE the hair! You’re always beautiful though!
Jenny @ The Wellness Journey recently posted..My First Stitch Fix Experience

62 Emily January 15, 2014 at 4:45 pm

ohhhhh myyyyy goodnesssss that picture of Lucas on the couch, with his little hand on a pillow….I’M DYING. You have yourself one HECK of a cute baby boy!!!