Weekend Highlights {1/13}

Ohh it was a great weekend, my friends. I feel like I say that come every Monday morning, but honestly, they really are. Being able to be home for those two days with my family after working all week really is just so nice, so I’m pretty sure I’ll continue saying they’re great weekends unless something horrible happens. But let’s hope it doesn’t!

Here are some of my favorite highlights from this weekend…

Saturday evening take-out. Since Jay and I ate in on Friday night, we decided to order some take-out on Saturday, which came in the form of some Bombers burritos. I ordered my favorite, of course.

While we ate at the table (a huge shockers, since we’ve been eating every single meal at our coffee table), Lucas also joined us and had some dinner, too. We joked saying it was our first real meal where we all sat down and ate together.

I decided to let Lucas play around with some ripe bananas to see what he’d do, but he really just squished ‘em around. We’re spoon-feeding over here!

Once Lucas was in bed, I finished up on the cookies that I had been working on earlier on the day. When I tell you I had SUCH high hopes for these, I’m really not kidding. Unfortunately, they sort of exploded on me…

I think it may be fixable though. My guess is that the homemade toffee pieces (yes, homemade toffee pieces!) were too big, causing them to run. I’m gonna try these again with some smaller chunks, and if all works well, then I’ll most definitely share. Promise.

Saturday night also included a movie for me and the hubs.

Have you guys seen this movie? So stinkin’ cute. And no, we didn’t care that we were 30 (well, almost for me!) and hanging out on a Saturday night watching an animated movie. It’s what all the cool kids are doin’. Winking smile

Sunday morning highlights included Jay offering to take care of the grocery shopping while I squeezed in a workout. Saturday’s workout included some Pilates, and Sunday’s was one of my favorites – 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Kickboxing.

I started a little while after Lucas went down for his morning nap but, unfortunately, somebody woke up a little early on me. I still had about 20 minutes left in my DVD, so I got him from his crib and put him in his swing while I finished up. Luckily, he had a ball watching me right up until just before the cool down…then he had had enough.

Nothing that a change of scenery and some Jake and the Neverland Pirates couldn’t fix though.

And yes, we’re still rockin’ the Santa PJ’s. Winking smile

Sunday night’s dinner was absolutely a highlight. During the afternoon (while Lucas slept on me, no less), I whipped up a batch of my favorite Chicken & Veggie Soup + some cornbread.

I could seriously eat cornbread every single day of my life. Not even kidding.

Shortly after dinner, I left my boys for the evening so I could head out to watch my little bro bowl in a tournament. He made the taping for the TV show (just like my dad did a couple of years ago!) and actually won the tournament! Goooooooo, Dan!

Oh yeah, and I also finally got my hair cut this weekend too. Here’s an awkward (aren’t the all?) selfie shot for ya, since you really can’t tell too much up there…

Trying to decide if I want to go even shorter?? But for now, definitely diggin’ it.

My last highlight for the weekend included some of those cookies you saw up above along with some couch time with my sweetie before calling it a night. All in all, I’d say I did a pretty good job of checking off some things off of my “wish list” this weekend. Winking smile

How was everyone else’s weekend? Do anything fun and exciting?

Love your hair cut and the adorable minions! Yes, I’m 30 and I’ve watched it, too 😉

Love that you let Lucas play with his food! Watching Hailey explore her first foods via BLW (though I know you prefer spoons which is great- to each their own :)) was one of my favorite parts of her first year. I’ve never been so appreciative to have Koda to help with clean up 😉
    Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Weekly Menu & Food Prep with Toddlers

2. Stacey M. says

LOVE your new do!!! Glad you’re loving it as well … sometimes taking the plunge and deciding to chop it off backfires in your face when you get home and realize you miss all the length.
    Congrats to your brother on winning that tournament … pretty cool that he’s kind of following in your dad’s footsteps.
    As for my weekend, this one was the first in quite some time that I actually stayed at home and accomplished lots of laundry, cleaning, organizing, etc. My schedule has cleared out since the holidays and I actually felt a little lost not having SO much to do. I enjoyed the quite time though because we have many more events to attend in the coming weeks …

Welcome(almost!!) to the 30’s club! They really are the best years, I promise!! Your new haircut is super flattering on you!! A couple months ago, I did the same thing, chopping off all my long hair. I liked my longer hair but I feel sassy with my shorter, shoulder length cut.
    Suzanne @ Mix it Mom recently posted..Random Thursday Thoughts #4

Despicable Me 2 = amazing. I turned 29 about a week ago, and I have to admit that most of my favourite movies are still animated ones. Nothing quite like getting that warm and fuzzy feeling :)

And your new hair looks great! I love the lighter and fresher feeling that shorter hair gives… and not to mention it’s so much easier to take care of.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... link love 1/12 .

The best part of my weekend was that I finally got to get outside and ride my bike! Indoor rides every day have been killing me! I also had some great time to reflect and refocus which always makes for a refreshing weekend.

Btw… I like the short hair, and lucas is getting so big!
    Hayley@healthyregardshayley recently posted..My world famous recipe

Mmmm those cookies look sooo good. I would crush them up and add them to froyo or ice cream!!! And I agree with you on corn bread, that stuff is just sooo good. That is the one thing I would choose to survive on the rest of my life (if I had to choose). Have a great Monday :)
    Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Banana Oat Pancakes

No shame rockin’ the animated movie! My hubs and I watched it this weekend too, after the kiddos were in bed. Haha. :) Also, I need to try working out while the twins are in their swings; they laugh when I dance silly in front of them, so I bet a workout would be about the same, eh?
    Have a good week!

I notice the most as I “Grow up,” that it was the stupid kids who wanted to seem more mature who claimed they didn’t watch cartoons. Cartoons are where it’s at. They’re so amazing, and funny for everyone. Adults love them probably more than kids now! 😀
    Beks recently posted..New Year’s Resolutions

9. Nala says

Yay for you for knocking off a lot of things off your wish list! I love your hair – it looks really nice! Lucas looks so adorable in all the pictures. I could eat cornbread every single day too. This weekend was a bit crazy for me as I was dropping off my baby sister at college for the first time……so yeah very emotional

Even though the cookies didn’t quite turn out you can bet I would be eating them all anyways 😉 Your hair looks so nice and I’m really digging the shorter look. Congrats to Dan on winning thats awesome! I’ve always wanted to be good at bowling but it is just not my forte.

11. Tabs says

Oh my goodness, that cute little boy is getting SOOOO big!!!

And if it makes you feel better, we watched Despicable Me 2 this weekend too…we tried to watch it with our almost 2 yr old but he fell asleep so it was just me and the husband watching and laughing our heads off. Loved it, soooo cute! :)

Your hair looks so cute! Isn’t it refreshing to chop a few inches off? So fun to play around with new styles. Your hair has lots of body, you’re lucky :)

13. Emily says

ohhhhh myyyyy goodnesssss that picture of Lucas on the couch, with his little hand on a pillow….I’M DYING. You have yourself one HECK of a cute baby boy!!!