Today, I enter into a brand new decade.

I said “farewell” to my 20’s last night, and actually did so with enthusiasm. Not that there was anything wrong with my 20’s, though! In fact, my 20’s brought about some pretty amazing events…

I graduated college…I got engaged…Jay and I bought a house…we got married…and of course, the highlight of my 20’s would have to be my sweet Lucas.

So today, I will gladly take on this new era and I’m embracing it with open arms! As great as my 20’s were, they also involved a lot of uncertainty, a lot of struggle, and a lot of figuring out just who I was (am?) as a woman.

I’m excited to see just where this next decade will take me, and today, I’m starting things off the right way…

-A free birthday drink from Starbucks this morning (you know what I’m getting!)

-A pedicure at lunch time

-A special home-cooked meal courtesy of the hubs this evening (a risotto dish…I’m so impressed!)

-Some champagne. Yes, lots of bubbly. :)

**FYI: The Baby Tooth page was updated last night with Lucas’s 6 month update!

**The pot in the DietBet game is up to $1,600!! PLUS, we also have some new BONUS prizes added to the mix: A $100 Reebok gift card and a YourReebok.com Custom Card to create your own custom pair of Reeboks!! If you haven’t already, be sure to check it out! (But please remember, this is NOT a game for everyone).

1. Stacey M. says

Happy Birthday Courtney! Wishing you all the best today, and for the coming year!

I myself will be 28 this year (in May to be exact) but I’m creeping toward the 30-year mark and can’t help but wonder how I’ll feel when I get there. Only time will tell I suppose, but I have a feeling I’ll welcome it with open arms like you. My 20s have been great, but they’ve also been full of uncertainty and difficulty. From what I hear, a lot of people (women especially) say that their 30s were/are the best … you just know who you are and are more comfortable in your own skin than ever before. I must say … I’m not yet 30 but I’m already more comfortable and accepting of myself than I was throughout my entire 20s!

Happy Birthday Courtney!! I love that you’re embracing your 30’s with such grace. Age is just a number, after all. I’ll be 30 this year as well but I’m just now getting married. A little late but I’m hoping my 30’s are even better than my 20’s.
    Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Guac-kale-mole

3. Nala says

Glad to see your happily anticipating your 30’s – may they bring even more accomplishments, good memories and highlights than your 20’s day. Hope you have a great day!!

4. Marie says

Happy birthday! I can’t wait to see what this year has in store for you. I wasn’t sure, like you, how my thirties would be. You are right, though, they are way better than the twenties, in my opinion! Have a wonderful week!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! sounds like a fabulous day ahead :) You have accomplished so much in your 20’s. Be proud of yourself! Hope your 30’s bring you love, happiness and success.

6. Jessica says

My 20s were all about trying to figure out my career goals according to others’ expectations, and my 30s have been about doing what I know is right for me. I didn’t meet my fiance until I was 30 and we’re getting married in the spring (3.5 years later)! So far, my 30s have been about settling in to who I am and not trying to conform to anyone else’s vision.

happy birthday! here’s to hoping your 30s are spectacular and bring you many wonderful surprises. personally, i’m loving this decade so far. :) ps — adorable pic!

8. Laura says

What a gorgeous picture of you and Lucas. Happy Birthday!! 30 is going to be amazing for you. Thank you for your blog. I read you every day and appreciate your honesty and humor. I am pregnant and also like looking at your pregnancy posts. You are the best!!

9. Beth says

Happy Birthday! I so enjoy reading your blog. And that photo of you and Lucas with his little tongue sticking out is just the cutest! Enjoy your day!!

10. Alli says

Happy 30th Birthday, Courtney! I’m so glad you are embracing it! So many people dread getting older..I love that you are so positive!

11. Jude says

Happy Birthday! We share the same birthday! However I turned 60! Which is wonderful. I never fear age. I only embrace it. Enjoy your 30’s. They will be very eventful as well.

• Courtney says

Thanks Meredith! We have a Canon Rebel T3, but we use a 50mm lens which we LOVE. Bought it from Best Buy and was definitely a great purchase! :)

A belated happy birthday to my fellow Aquarius! I turned the big 3-0 last year and will be another year older in a few days. Aside from the injuries (I joke my parents only got the 30 year warranty on me and that is why so many parts on me broke last year), I have loved being 30 and have no problem being 31. Don’t get me wrong, there are times I feel old because of the way our culture seems to be obsessed with youth, but I wouldn’t trade the knowledge and confidence I’ve gained for anything. Enjoy!
    Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Friday Favorite: Lacrosse Balls