A Birthday Recap

Happyyyyy Fridayyy!

Thank you SO MUCH for all of the birthday wishes yesterday, everyone! You guys sure know how to make me feel special. It really was a great day, so I figured rather than go the usual Fun Facts route today, I’ll just give a little recap of my special day.

The day started off with my free b-day beverage at Starbucks (can’t beat that!) and followed with a pretty low-key morning at work. I went and got a shellac manicure on my lunch hour (switched it up from the pedi, for now), grabbed some turkey chili from Panera for lunch, and when I got back to work I had this yummy surprise waiting for me!

edible arrangement

My parents sent me an Edible Arrangements basket with the sweetest card attached to it. I was totally surprised!

The afternoon went by pretty quickly and I managed to coerce a few of my co-worker pals to come visit me and help me make a dent in that fruit basket. 😉

When I went to pick up Lucas after work, I had a special card waiting for me from “him.”

birthday card

Best homemade card I’ve ever received. Smile

Once I got home from work, I noticed that I had some more yummy (not birthday related, but I’ll pretend anyways) goodies waiting for me. One box came from Food Should Taste Good and included some of their new flavors of chips. Umm, guacamole chips? YES.

food should taste good chips

I’d already seen a few other bloggers mention them and word on the street is that they’re pretty fantastic.

The other box came from popchips and, well, let’s just say I’m pretty well stocked on those for a while now. Winking smile

Looks like I’ll be snackin’ happy, right? Yum!

Lucas went down for a nap shortly after we got home, so I enjoyed a little quiet time until the hubby came home. The two of us chatted for a while about our days, and then he surprised me with my birthday gift…

ruby ring

I had mentioned briefly at one point that I would love a piece of jewelry with Lucas’s birthstone (a ruby) and he was certainly listening! I am totally in love with my new ring but right now I have to wear it on my pointer finger until I can get it sized…hopefully we can make it out this weekend!

Around 5:30pm, we popped open some bubbly.

And man, let me tell you…it was tastin’ goooooood last night. I may or may not have wound up with a pretty decent little birthday buzz.

My brother wound up stopping by to visit, so I let him have some “uncle” time with Lucas and he took care of feeding him dinner.

dan and lucas

The two of them were too cute. Lucas wasn’t quite sure what to think of having uncle Dan feed him at first, but he quickly realized it was cool and went to town on his avocado and sweet potatoes. :)

Once the little man went to bed, it was time for some dinner! Jay worked so hard on making this Risotto with Chicken and Spring Peas dish, and seriously guys, it tasted SO. FREAKIN. GOOD.

Risotto with Chicken and Spring Peas

It was a bit different of a risotto than what I’ve been used to before, but I absolutely loved it. It had the most amazing flavor! He served it with some simple roasted asparagus which was just as tasty.

And, of course, there was a special birthday dessert to be had…

Cupcakes! Jay picked up four of these monster cupcakes (seriously, they’re jumbo sized if you couldn’t tell from the photo) from a local bakery, J&S Watkins. It was the first time I’d ever had anything from there but WOW. Delicious.

Him and I each split the red velvet and lemon cake with raspberry buttercream (incredible), and while I was absolutely stuffed by the time I was finished, it was worth every single bite.

So yeah, that’s pretty much a recap of my first day in my 30’s! It wasn’t anything too wild and crazy but I loved everything about it…especially just being able to be with my boys.

Hehe, you like that grey color scheme we had goin’ on? Grey cozies was the name of the game last night. 😉

Here’s to hoping everyone has a great weekend ahead! Jay and I have a night out tonight for his company party and word on the street is that there’s something fun happening tomorrow too, so we’ll see what’s happening!

I’ll catch you cool cats later!

Looks like you were spoiled on your birthday! (As you should be!!) that birthstone ring is so gorgeous and such a thoughtful gift! I received an edible arrangements from my parents on my 19th birthday. I was still in the dorms at college so it was fun to share with everyone! :)

2. Laura says

Yay! That sounds like the perfect birthday celebration. Way to go Jay!! That ring is beautiful. Your family is so cute!! Happy Friday!!

3. Crystal D. says

The ring is beautiful! Good job Jay! I have a necklace with Michael’s birthstone in it (aquamarine) but I wanted a more personalized necklace with his birthstone so I had a necklace made over at http://www.thevintagepearl.com I love it!!! This is the one I got https://thevintagepearl.com/large-layers.html and I had his birthstone added to it! I love it!!! You should check it out. I know you can also find some on Etsy that are similar. I am happy to hear you had such a wonderful birthday with the boys. The picture of Uncle Dan feeding Lucas is so cute. He is such a proud Uncle and you can tell. My brother is like that with Michael and it melts my heart. Have a great day and weekend!

Crystal @alohababy27 (Instagram)

What a fabulous birthday! That ring is beautiful. You are quite the lucky lady 😉 Lucas’s card is so precious! He worked hard on that for his mommy! Glad to hear you had a great birthday. Bring on the best years of your life xoxo
    Dayna recently posted..For the LOVE of Fridays

Had to chime in to say hope one of the cupcakes was carrot cake because J&S watkins as the BEST CARROT CAKE IN THE WORLD. Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday!!!

6. Ruthie Hart says

Looks like a fabulous birthday! I LOVE your ruby ring! My sister is a July baby and my mom always wore a ruby necklace when we were growing up and I loved it. I got a James Avery bracelet and necklace engraved with Ford’s initials when he was born and I plan on giving them to his future wife (yes I am crazy and think about that kind of stuff… and cry about it) but you could do that with the ring someday :)

7. Amelia @i_heart_kale says

What a great way to ring in your 30th year!! It’s always fun to get a gift at work, especially if its the edible variety. 😉
    Jay did an awesome job with dinner & your ring. It is beautiful! Now you are going to need one with each baby you have…or maybe earrings next?
    Those cupcakes look insane. With all of the birthdays and celebrations around us lately, I’m going to need to find one soon. Why has no one had cake at their parties?

Looks like a wonderful celebration! The picture of your brother with Lucas is adorable! Kind of like, “Yeah, okay, I can handle this. This is cool.”

What a wonderful husband to have gotten you such a great gift, made a wonderful meal, and the cupcakes! You couldn’t ask for more!

Happy birthday!

Aww what a sweet fam selfie (even with the gray, haha!) and I’m so glad you had a lovely birthday. Your dinner looks excellent and I love the idea of getting a ruby since it’s Lucas’s birthstone. Jay is a good guy!
    Caitlin recently posted..MIMM: I Did It!