Weekend Highlights {2/10}

Such a great weekend. So much accomplished. So bummed to see it come to an end so soon!

Friday night, once the babe was in bed, we had these tacos for dinner, which turned out pretty well, along with some side salads. The tacos were good and definitely had some good flavor, but I think they needed some more cheese. Mmmhmm.

I was exhausted come Friday evening so I’m pretty sure I didn’t make it much past 10pm for bedtime. However, my early bedtime didn’t mean a whole lot, since I wound up being woken up pretty much every 2 to 2-1/2 hours, thanks to this sweet boy.

We were totally dumbfounded. Lucas is usually fairly good at his nighttime sleep, even though he doesn’t always sleep through the night, he’ll usually only wake up once. Well, last week was a growth spurt so we had a few extra wakeups, but Friday night was like nothing we’d ever experienced. We thought maybe it was teeth? But, really, we have no clue. He still woke up happy as a clam…while mommy walked around like a zombie. Winking smile

Despite the lack of sleep Friday night, our Saturday wound up being quite productive! The three of us managed a trip to Sam’s Club, some window shopping for the bathroom remodel, a trip to the mall to drop off my ring to get sized, and even Lucas’s first real dinner out!

(I wound up buying the cart/highchair cover pictured above from Zulily {<—affiliate link!} and I absolutely love it! It worked perfect.)

Jay and I got a gift card to Red Robin for Christmas, so we decided to call up my parents to see if they were around to come and join us. Them miss out on a chance to see their grandson? No wayyyyy. Winking smile

All things considered, Lucas did fairly well for his first real dinner out! I ordered a side of avocado and fed him some of that while I chowed on a burger and some fries.

P.S. – The Banzai Burger with provolone swapped for cheddar? AMAZING.

Thankfully, Lucas was muuuuch nicer to us with his sleep on Saturday night, so we all woke up feeling slightly more rested. We all had a nice lazy start to the day, including some coffee, reading, and browsing of the grocery flyers.

Hey, check out those bald spots on my head, eh? I’m STILL losing hair like its my job…please, someone tell me it’s going to stop?!? Oh yeah, and Lucas is getting quite close to attempting a crawl these days…gulp.

The rest of Sunday turned out to be pretty productive on the home front. Some laundry, cleaning, and some lunch prep for a few days this week.

I finally put together all of Lucas’s monthly photos in this frame that I found at Wal-Mart (it was only, like, $13 I think?!) and I love it. I just need to figure out how I want to put his name on there since, ya know, “baby’s name” isn’t gonna work too well.

I managed to get a great workout in (I took Friday off because I was just physically and mentally exhausted…I took Saturday off because I was lazy) in the form of the R.I.P.P.E.D DVD that I totally love. Man, it is seriously a great workout.

I also made a couple big batches of baby food for the babe; peas, sweet potatoes, and apples (unpictured). I really need to buy some more ice cube trays though…three just doesn’t cut it when I decide to get crazy and make a ton of goods.

And finally, we also had a visitor on Sunday…Uncle Dan came to visit!

Dan hung out with all of us for a few hours, and we all wound up cracking open a couple of beers that we picked up on Saturday. Have any of you guys tried the Sam Adams Cold Snap?

It’s a seasonal brew and I am totally a fan! Reminds me a lot of Blue Moon…perfect with an orange slice or two. I enjoyed one but, well, let’s just say that the boys enjoyed a few more than me and were having quite a good time. Winking smile

Before we knew it, it was bedtime for the babe, and then Jay and I enjoyed a few hours together catching up on the DVR before it was bedtime for this sleepy mama.

And just like that, here we are at Monday once again. Here’s to hoping everyone has a great week ahead!

What were some of your weekend highlights? Any good eats? Good drinks? Great workouts?

Comments

Gaaaaah….I LOVE that frame! I’ll definitely be buying that if/when I have a second.

I had the most lovely weekend with my husband and daughter. It was mostly chores and playing inside (too damn cold, too much snow!), but I just love any quality time I get with them because it’s so sparse during the week. Last night we ate our body weight in sushi (my 18 month old included)!
    Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..Toddlers are Weird.

2. Laura says

We had a lazy weekend here but it was much needed!

A few months after I had my now 18 month old daughter, I started losing a TON of hair, so much that I had 4 quarter size bald spots on various places on my head. I was diagnosed with postpartum alopecia. It finally started growing back about 8 months ago and i now have about 4″ of growth where those spots used to be. The doctor said it was the change in hormones after giving birth.

Looks like a good weekend! The best part of my weekend was Sunday. The weather was gorgeous and I spent a lot of time outside in the sun. I can’t believe how big Lucas is getting—looking at that picture, it really shows! He’s just so adorable!
    Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Weekend Recap

4. Stacey M. says

Sounds like you had yet another great weekend doing lots of different things. I spent most of the day on Saturday helping my cousin prepare for her wedding that’s only 2 WEEKS away. We finished making the favors (mason jars full of hot chocolate ingredients), preparing place cards, pulling together the materials for the centerpieces and wrapping up gifts for the wedding party. I’m so excited for her wedding because it’s my first time being a bridesmaid! I cannot wait to party with her and our family. Sunday was full of the usual … laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, food prep, etc. Routine and not so fun but it needs to be done.

Aww, Lucas – let your mama sleep! haha Ethan usually just gets us up once or twice at night, but lately he has been waking up super early too. Yawwwwn!

Thank goodness for the lovely new-to-me wine I had on Friday. Rutherford Cab – totally recommended. :)
    Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Busy Busy Busy!

Don’t you just love productive weekends! I love to start the week knowing I got so much done! That’s great that Lucas’ first real dinner outing went well. I bet that was a big relief! 😉

Saturday, my parents’ and brother came over to celebrate my mom’s birthday. I made a homemade funfetti cake, which turned out awesome. And Sunday, I did some meal prep, got in a great workout and relaxed.
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..10 Things You May Not Know About Me

Sounds like a great weekend! I think my hair loss suddenly slowed down around 6-7 months? I feel ya though, I lost SO much! I still have these awesome “horns” sticking up occasionally from the regrowth.

Weekend highlights: fun Friday evening with friends; (decent) 8 mile run on Saturday; great Sunday Bible study meeting. It was nothing too crazy, but it was perfect.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Heart Is Heavy

• Courtney says

Hahaha…they’re actually takeout containers that we get from one of the local Italian restaurants we order from occasionally. They ARE super convenient! 😉

It definitely sounds like a growth spurt! Lucky he has mom’s breastmilk to help with the growing pains!
    Your weekend looked great! Relaxing yet productive = perfection!
    Mine had the same combo…we took the pup to the dog park, watched the Olympics, ran a bunch of errands, did some food prep. The more I think of it, it was more relaxing than it was productive but I am absolutely okay with that!
    Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Pizza Crust

9. Alaina says

I have a question about the baby food. When you want to use it, do you allow it to defrost naturally, or do you put it in the microwave? Thanks!

Isn’t it frustrating when sleep is going well, and then something suddenly changes? I hate not knowing WHY – is it teething, a growth spurt, illness, etc? Finley is also going through a rough patch of nighttime sleeping, and we’ve been doing more co-sleeping. It’s just after getting up with her a few times to feed or soothe, I’m so tired that it’s seems like the best option at 4am.
    This weekend my mom visited and help me clean out my freezer of some leftovers. We ate turkey kale soup and pesto meatballs. The most delicious thing I ate, though, was Orange Leaf on Saturday night – yum!

I love the idea of using ice cube trays for baby food – I’m going to store in my head for the day that my turn arrives…hopefully :-)

Will definitely try the beer as I’m on a major Blue Moon kick these days!

My weekend was amazing – just moved back to my hometown (so I’m no longer a fellow New Yorker!), and it was so fun catching up with friends, friends’ kids, etc. Took a kickboxing class that ended up being more like bootcamp with a couple of jabs mixed in. It was not what I expected, but an amazing workout!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..So, ya Just Broke Up: Write About It

My hair just starting getting better this past month, so hopefully yours does soon too! I know it is different for everyone!

Yay for lots of baby food making! I made broccoli for the first time, hoping Rocco loves it. I actually have been using ice cube trays too now, I make too much and didn’t have enough containers! The ice cube trays work well!

Happy Monday!

13. Amber says

Hi, Courtney! I actually just spoke with my daughters pediatrician about starting biotin while breastfeeding for postpartum hair loss. He said it was fine, just wondering if you (or anyone else) has tried it? I figure it’s worth a shot!
    I second the baby food making post! Thank you :)

A lot of my friends had the same issue with shedding after their babies were born. It eventually stopped! I shed alot of hair too but recently tried this awesome hair system called Ovation Cell Therapy. It has done wonders for my hair (made it grow, feel more full, etc…) You should look into it!
    Janice recently posted..ABCs of Me

15. Ruthie Hart says

I need to hire you to make my salads at home!! I love the thought of them but am so lazy when it comes to prep :) and Ford ate tons of guacamole last week, he loved it! A few times I looked and found an onion in his mouth… whoops

We had a really low key weekend and it was PERFECT! We had a nice dinner out on Saturday night and then we spent time at home watching movies and relaxing together – it was prefect going into a stressful week! :) Glad you had a great weekend. That Red Robin looks DELICIOUS!
    Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..My Running Story

We had a belated work Christmas party! Freshly made pizzas, cashew ice cream for dessert, smoothie cocktails and one hours sleep and I was in work the next day…so worth it though! It must be teeth…would you try one of the copper necklaces? Do you guys have those I wonder?!