Weekend Highlights {2/24}

by Courtney on February 24, 2014

Helllllo laaaaadieeeeees (and gents).

IMG_6321IMG_6324

How was the weekend? Good? Great? Ours was fantastic. Jay and I went to bed last night (after consoling an oddly upset babe from about 9:30-10pm) saying just how good of a weekend it was and how fun Lucas was. He was in the best of moods all weekend long and was just a blast to hang out with.

There weren’t too many photos taken (the instinct to take photos doesn’t seem to come as naturally these days) but there were some highlights, starting with Friday night. It included some homemade guacamole and quality couch time before passing out nice and early.

Jay makes a mean guac, let me tell ya. That stuff was goooood. Friday night also included a fantastic episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Seriously, are you guys watching this show??? We just love him.

We also can’t usually stay up late enough to watch it live, so we DVR it. ;) Friday night’s episode had Justin Timberlake as his one and only guest and a little History of Rap 5. So great.

Saturday was busy, busy, busy. We were out the door around 10:30am to start running some errands, we visited Sarah and Jeff for a bit, and then we headed over to our friends’ Brook & Andrea’s house for their son Brody’s 3rd birthday (seriously, where does the time go??). The party was a great time, complete with lots of good food (aka, I ate way TOO much food); but I think my favorite part was getting to see the babies interact.

photo 4

Our friends Kanika and Shaheen had their baby girl, Kaura, with them and the four of us love to say how they’re gonna be best buds someday (they’re only a month apart from each other). Who’s to say what will happen as they get older, but I will say that they were quite intrigued with each other this weekend. ;)

photo 3

Gahh…does it get much cuter??

Saturday evening, after a pretty challenging bedtime for Mr. Lucas (I think he was a bit overstimulated from his busy day) I decided to hit up the treadmill. I was feeling a bit “blah” from a day filled with pizza, doughnuts, burgers, and birthday cake, and the thought of moving just felt right.

I honestly couldn’t tell the last time (or, really, ever) I worked out at 9pm on a Saturday, but I loved it. Oh, and just your friendly reminder for the day…don’t pay attention to the calorie counts on your treadmill. They’re SO wrong! :-O

Sunday was a pretty chill day. I took care of a few errands in the morning, baked some banana chocolate chip muffins,

banana chocolate chip muffins

and hung out some more with this face,

my mom is blogging this onesie

(how appropriate is that shirt, right?! Love Zulily!).

Jay and I also decided to browse around on our Amazon Prime Instant Video stream (we wound up getting Prime last month and are loving it!) and decided to start watching Downton Abbey.

We’re only two episodes in to the first episode, but I’m already hooked. SUCH a great show! I’d always heard all the hype, but I think I’m beginning to see why. I’m so excited to keep watching more.

Well, that’s all I’ve really got for this weekend. I’m hoping to come back this week with a couple more posts about workouts, fitness, and food, so be on the lookout! In the meantime, have a great Monday, my friends!

1 Sarah @ Sweet Miles February 24, 2014 at 10:28 am

Oh my word, that shirt from Zulily is fantastic!!! My sister in law would LOVE that! Glad you had a great weekend!!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..OOFOS Footwear PROMO CODE

2 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat February 24, 2014 at 10:38 am

Ah, Downton Abbey is such an awesome show! We’ve been watching it from the beginning. It definitely had me hooked in after the first few episodes too!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Motivation Monday – Stay True to Yourself

3 Lyric February 24, 2014 at 10:39 am

Yum those muffins look great and isn’t surprising how un-accurate those treadmill counts can be!? Thats why I just focus on how it made me feel because ya can’t really trust them. I’ve never seen Downtown Abbey but I have heard great things about it! Im to hooked on Scandal to switch it up right now haha.

4 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog February 24, 2014 at 10:40 am

Mmmm, nothing like homemade guac. I like to add extra salt, cilantro and lime when I make it myself :-).

Re: Jimmy Fallon. I’m obsessed. You know those hashtag segments where he has people write tweets to a hashtag? They crack me up! And I just love him and Justin. Best pairing ever.

I always find it so fun to watch babies observe each other. You should watch Look Who’s Talking Again to get an idea of what they are thinking!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Breaking Up (with Social Media) is Hard to Do

5 Britt@MyOwnBalance February 24, 2014 at 10:41 am

Oh my gosh I LOVE Downton Abbey. Such a good show! I’m so sad season 4 just ended!

That t-shirt is beyond adorable on Lucas!

6 Courtney February 24, 2014 at 10:46 am

Lucas is so cute! And Jimmy Fallon and JT, I wish they had a show of just those two! They are so hilarious together!

7 Miranda @ Loving Every Mile February 24, 2014 at 10:52 am

Ahhh I love babies <3 Such adorable pictures! Christian and I watched the premiere of "About A Boy" after the Olympics on Saturday and it was hilarious. We're fans!
Miranda @ Loving Every Mile recently posted..mimm #45 {quality time & productivity}

8 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige February 24, 2014 at 11:17 am

Love all the Lucas love! What a handsome little boy :)
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..When is it OK to Exercise When You’re Sick?

9 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 24, 2014 at 11:31 am

Ohmygod, that shirt is hilarious! I don’t have a child to stick it on, but maybe Zulily can make one for dogs? ;-)
And I seriously love Downton Abbey. It sounds so weird coming from me because I typically love stuff like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones when it comes to TV, that show is incredible.
Happy Monday!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Spill It Sunday: Books.

10 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 24, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Love that lil Lucas – what a cutie! Glad you guys had a great weekend. A happy baby always helps, that’s for sure! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Weekend Things

11 Amanda M Perry February 24, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Just wait until they can really start playing with each other. It’s AMAZING!!!

My friend and I got our kids together for a playdate (now 3.5 and almost 3) and what a difference from just a few months ago. It was the first time they really PLAYED together vs. just playing independently together. My son says “Abby, do you want to play tools with me?” as soon as she walked in the door and then he proceeded to chase her around the house with a chainsaw. Fabulous!
Amanda M Perry recently posted..The Fat Jar

12 Nala February 24, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Sounds like a great weekend!! Yay – you watch two shows I love – Late Night with Jimmy Fallon – he seriously cracks me up and Downton Abbey – I hope you enjoy it. Lucas looks so adorable – but lol his face in the first picture with the other baby is classic =D

13 Karen February 24, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Courtney,

Lucas gets cuter everyday!

14 Jenny February 24, 2014 at 12:43 pm

PERFECT shirt!!!
Jenny recently posted..Lots of Marvelous, and More in Store

15 Shannon February 24, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I love Downton Abbey! The current season just ended last night… so watch them SLOWLY! :) Although, that will be impossible because they are addicting. I heard that the new season starts in January 2015?! What the what?

16 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 24, 2014 at 1:54 pm

What a great an appropriate shirt! Looks like you all had a great weekend. Enjoy your week!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Motivation Monday: Focus

17 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 24, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Lucas’s shirt is seriously SO perfect!!! That is hilarious.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Magazine Monday: Vegetable Stir-Fry Rice Bowl

18 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health February 24, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Lucas’s shirts! Hahah so adorable. I was shocked when I started using my Polar to see the difference in calories!… and kind of disappointed haha but better to know!

19 Amy February 24, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Hello Courtney,
What a wonderful weekend you had! Lucas is just so adorable. So happy he got to interact with some other little “guys & gals” this past weekend. Glad that you both had some down-time, too. It seems much deserved, as you seem like such a busy Mama during the week.
Do you think you can you post the recipe for Banana the Chocolate Chip Muffins? I LOVE muffins!
Thank you.
~Amy

20 Brittany @ proteinandpumps February 24, 2014 at 3:07 pm

History of rap is the funniest. Love those two together.
Brittany @ proteinandpumps recently posted..Brandi Arden Interview

21 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit February 24, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Oh my, that shirt really is perfect! Sounds like a great weekend and way to get in a workout so late on a Saturday night. Woohoo!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..Weekend.

22 Shel@PeachyPalate February 24, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Love seeing babies interact…they’ll be even cuter when they’re toddlers, trying to talk to one another!

23 Linz @ Itz Linz February 24, 2014 at 4:04 pm

HAHA omg that my mom is blogging this is the best shirt ever!! so perfect!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Body Image During Pregnancy

24 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine February 24, 2014 at 4:12 pm

He just keeps on getting cuter!! I don’t know how it’s possible! Love his smile! And his little blog t-shirt :)

25 Ellie@Fit for the soul February 24, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Hehehheheheehe I wannnnnnt that baby shirt!!!! Oh man, I’m hoping I can get it for Selah. :D and isn’t it so wonderful to have baby friends around the same age as your own bebe? There are so many (all of a sudden) at church right now, and I feel like it’s a blessing for the kiddos and for us moms. A few times I’ve heard that the closest friends a woman can get is sometimes thanks to the play dates.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..4 Ways to Get Workout Motivation {Vlog}

26 Katy February 24, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I am HOOKED on Jimmy Fallon’s show and the bromance between him and JT! Loving Lucas’ shirt!! Too perfect. :-)
Katy recently posted..Monday Montage: 2/24/14

27 Amelia @i_heart_kale February 24, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Perfect weekend! Lucas is cute as ever.
Good for you for working out at 9pm. I say that as long as you move when you feel like it, who cares about the time of day.
Those muffins look delicious and OMG, Downton Abbey is SO SO GOOD!! Amazon prime is so worth it. Kevin & I got sucked into it right after Christmas, ended up watching the entire first season on a Sunday (LAAAAZZZYYY!) and now we are caught up to present episodes. We just started watching House of Cards to supplement in the meantime. Good show!

28 Christine@munchkinmumbles February 24, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Oh my goodness! Downton Abby is amazing, and I am beyond hooked! Enjoy :)

29 Kim @ FITsique February 24, 2014 at 6:01 pm

What a little ladies man! That blogging shirt is so freakin cute. We just recently got rid of cable and switched to netflix and hulu only so I am looking for series to get into and I keep hearing about Downton Abbey! Guess I will have to see if I can watch it on those!
Kim @ FITsique recently posted..How More Sleep Can Help You Lose Weight

30 Colleen @ Evolution not Revolution February 24, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Oh my gosh! Lucas’ shirts are so adorable. Love the “Hello Ladies!” one.

31 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie February 24, 2014 at 6:47 pm

The only thing I love more than Downton Abbey is a Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake reunion!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..I’m Engaged!!

32 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves February 24, 2014 at 6:57 pm

A weekend filled with guac, Jimmy Fallon (with JT *swoon*), and stud babies sounds fantastic to me! :) I am loving that “my mom is blogging this” shirt!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Weekend Moves and Grooves {MIMM #25}

33 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 24, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I don’t know how it’s possible–and I feel like I say it all the time–but Lucas just keeps getting more and more adorable!

34 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 24, 2014 at 8:08 pm

That onesie is freaking ADORABLE!!! And sounds like those two little cuties won’t just be best buds…is there a pre-arranged marriage in the works? ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Wordless. Or nearly.

35 Janice - The Fitness Cheerleader February 24, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Awwww your son Lucas is adorable! It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend as a family. I hope you have a great week!
Janice – The Fitness Cheerleader recently posted..The Road to Boston: Week 16

36 Angie@adiamondthatshinesbright.com February 24, 2014 at 9:45 pm

I love that shirt! So funny.

37 Jenn@Mark My Miles! February 25, 2014 at 6:33 am

I love that shirt! As of now, my husband and I have decided not to include my little one on the blog too much but that may change. I love reading lucas updates!!!
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..Runner Friendly Foods.

38 Shari February 25, 2014 at 7:51 am

Those muffins look delicious!
Shari recently posted..Pinteresting.

39 Annette@FitnessPerks February 25, 2014 at 11:56 am

THAT onesie!! Love it!! haha.

Amen to treadmill calorie counts not being right. Those machines are just programmed digitally to a one-size-fits-all equation. So way to dispel the myths! And holy awesome for getting a workout in at 9 pm! I don’t think I’ve ever done one that late, way to go!

Lucas is so cute!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..You Are Not Diminished By Others’ Success

40 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! February 25, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Lucas is such a cutie!! I did a post a few years ago about how inaccurate calorie counters on fitness equipment are. I got on a bunch of different equipment and compared them to my heart rate monitors and they were all SOOO wrong. It’s crazy!!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Lean Legs March Challenge 2014

41 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers February 25, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I can’t wait until E starts interacting with other babies. My friend and I take our little ones to the park sometimes, but it’s totally a mommy date since they don’t notice each other yet – only each others’ toys. ha!
He’s a cutie!
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Boxes-O-Fun

42 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment February 25, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Those t-shirts are just the cutest! I am loving Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show too. He’s so funny.
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted..Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes

43 Taylor Shillam February 25, 2014 at 11:29 pm

I can’t get enough of Jimmy either! He and Justin are hilarious together. Looks like a fun weekend! :)
Taylor Shillam recently posted..Low-Carb Comfort Food Swap: Cauliflower Mac n’ Cheese

44 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 26, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I’m so excited you started watching Downton! Such a great show, and it just keeps getting better!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Cowtown Half-Marathon: I DID IT!

45 Lexi March 2, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Noticed you have a nordictrack! I just bought one and love it! Did you purchase the annual maintenance plan too? I don’t know how hard it will be to oil and clean the belt so I got it…