Weekend Highlights {2/24}

Helllllo laaaaadieeeeees (and gents).

IMG_6321IMG_6324

How was the weekend? Good? Great? Ours was fantastic. Jay and I went to bed last night (after consoling an oddly upset babe from about 9:30-10pm) saying just how good of a weekend it was and how fun Lucas was. He was in the best of moods all weekend long and was just a blast to hang out with.

There weren’t too many photos taken (the instinct to take photos doesn’t seem to come as naturally these days) but there were some highlights, starting with Friday night. It included some homemade guacamole and quality couch time before passing out nice and early.

Jay makes a mean guac, let me tell ya. That stuff was goooood. Friday night also included a fantastic episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Seriously, are you guys watching this show??? We just love him.

We also can’t usually stay up late enough to watch it live, so we DVR it. ;) Friday night’s episode had Justin Timberlake as his one and only guest and a little History of Rap 5. So great.

Saturday was busy, busy, busy. We were out the door around 10:30am to start running some errands, we visited Sarah and Jeff for a bit, and then we headed over to our friends’ Brook & Andrea’s house for their son Brody’s 3rd birthday (seriously, where does the time go??). The party was a great time, complete with lots of good food (aka, I ate way TOO much food); but I think my favorite part was getting to see the babies interact.

photo 4

Our friends Kanika and Shaheen had their baby girl, Kaura, with them and the four of us love to say how they’re gonna be best buds someday (they’re only a month apart from each other). Who’s to say what will happen as they get older, but I will say that they were quite intrigued with each other this weekend. ;)

photo 3

Gahh…does it get much cuter??

Saturday evening, after a pretty challenging bedtime for Mr. Lucas (I think he was a bit overstimulated from his busy day) I decided to hit up the treadmill. I was feeling a bit “blah” from a day filled with pizza, doughnuts, burgers, and birthday cake, and the thought of moving just felt right.

I honestly couldn’t tell the last time (or, really, ever) I worked out at 9pm on a Saturday, but I loved it. Oh, and just your friendly reminder for the day…don’t pay attention to the calorie counts on your treadmill. They’re SO wrong! :-O

Sunday was a pretty chill day. I took care of a few errands in the morning, baked some banana chocolate chip muffins,

banana chocolate chip muffins

and hung out some more with this face,

my mom is blogging this onesie

(how appropriate is that shirt, right?! Love Zulily!).

Jay and I also decided to browse around on our Amazon Prime Instant Video stream (we wound up getting Prime last month and are loving it!) and decided to start watching Downton Abbey.

We’re only two episodes in to the first episode, but I’m already hooked. SUCH a great show! I’d always heard all the hype, but I think I’m beginning to see why. I’m so excited to keep watching more.

Well, that’s all I’ve really got for this weekend. I’m hoping to come back this week with a couple more posts about workouts, fitness, and food, so be on the lookout! In the meantime, have a great Monday, my friends!

Comments

Yum those muffins look great and isn’t surprising how un-accurate those treadmill counts can be!? Thats why I just focus on how it made me feel because ya can’t really trust them. I’ve never seen Downtown Abbey but I have heard great things about it! Im to hooked on Scandal to switch it up right now haha.

Mmmm, nothing like homemade guac. I like to add extra salt, cilantro and lime when I make it myself :-).

Re: Jimmy Fallon. I’m obsessed. You know those hashtag segments where he has people write tweets to a hashtag? They crack me up! And I just love him and Justin. Best pairing ever.

I always find it so fun to watch babies observe each other. You should watch Look Who’s Talking Again to get an idea of what they are thinking!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Breaking Up (with Social Media) is Hard to Do

Ohmygod, that shirt is hilarious! I don’t have a child to stick it on, but maybe Zulily can make one for dogs? ;-)
    And I seriously love Downton Abbey. It sounds so weird coming from me because I typically love stuff like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones when it comes to TV, that show is incredible.
    Happy Monday!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Spill It Sunday: Books.

Just wait until they can really start playing with each other. It’s AMAZING!!!

My friend and I got our kids together for a playdate (now 3.5 and almost 3) and what a difference from just a few months ago. It was the first time they really PLAYED together vs. just playing independently together. My son says “Abby, do you want to play tools with me?” as soon as she walked in the door and then he proceeded to chase her around the house with a chainsaw. Fabulous!
    Amanda M Perry recently posted..The Fat Jar

5. Nala says

Sounds like a great weekend!! Yay – you watch two shows I love – Late Night with Jimmy Fallon – he seriously cracks me up and Downton Abbey – I hope you enjoy it. Lucas looks so adorable – but lol his face in the first picture with the other baby is classic =D

6. Shannon says

I love Downton Abbey! The current season just ended last night… so watch them SLOWLY! :) Although, that will be impossible because they are addicting. I heard that the new season starts in January 2015?! What the what?

7. Amy says

Hello Courtney,
    What a wonderful weekend you had! Lucas is just so adorable. So happy he got to interact with some other little “guys & gals” this past weekend. Glad that you both had some down-time, too. It seems much deserved, as you seem like such a busy Mama during the week.
    Do you think you can you post the recipe for Banana the Chocolate Chip Muffins? I LOVE muffins!
    Thank you.
    ~Amy

Hehehheheheehe I wannnnnnt that baby shirt!!!! Oh man, I’m hoping I can get it for Selah. :D and isn’t it so wonderful to have baby friends around the same age as your own bebe? There are so many (all of a sudden) at church right now, and I feel like it’s a blessing for the kiddos and for us moms. A few times I’ve heard that the closest friends a woman can get is sometimes thanks to the play dates.
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..4 Ways to Get Workout Motivation {Vlog}

9. Amelia @i_heart_kale says

Perfect weekend! Lucas is cute as ever.
    Good for you for working out at 9pm. I say that as long as you move when you feel like it, who cares about the time of day.
    Those muffins look delicious and OMG, Downton Abbey is SO SO GOOD!! Amazon prime is so worth it. Kevin & I got sucked into it right after Christmas, ended up watching the entire first season on a Sunday (LAAAAZZZYYY!) and now we are caught up to present episodes. We just started watching House of Cards to supplement in the meantime. Good show!

I can’t wait until E starts interacting with other babies. My friend and I take our little ones to the park sometimes, but it’s totally a mommy date since they don’t notice each other yet – only each others’ toys. ha!
    He’s a cutie!
    Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Boxes-O-Fun

11. Lexi says

Noticed you have a nordictrack! I just bought one and love it! Did you purchase the annual maintenance plan too? I don’t know how hard it will be to oil and clean the belt so I got it…

Trackbacks