Weekend Highlights {3/3}

by Courtney on March 3, 2014

Happy Monday, friends! Long time, no chat? Yeah, I totally fibbed about making it back here on Friday. Lack of time and a busy work schedule got the best of me. Hey, it happens. But here’s to hoping this week is a little better/easier.

So how was the weekend? Ours was a good mix of everything and, as always, went by way too quickly. It was especially hard saying goodbye to my little man this morning, that’s for sure.

So what was on the agenda? Well, Friday night was chill, per usual. If I remember correctly, I’m pretty sure I was asleep before 10pm…party animal that I am. Saturday morning/afternoon was spent at home hanging out and doing some housework. I squeezed in an awesome workout (the total body video from one of my all time favorite workout DVD’s) and then Jay and I got ready to head out for a little double date night with our friends Kanika and Shaheen (you know, the mom and dad of Lucas’s future best bud/girlfriend). ;)

We met up with them at New World Bistro Bar which I’d only been to once (over two years ago with blog friends), so I was excited to check out the menu and see what they had.

Ohhh my, oh my, oh my. Talk about some amazing dishes. I wound up getting their Panang Curry Bolognese at Kanika’s recommendation, and Jay got their famous Jerk Chicken. Everything was incredibly delicious, and quite spicy to boot. Whew!

IMG_5464IMG_5466

Sunday was another great and busy day. The three of us lounged around a bit in the morning after getting to sleep in until about 7:15am(!!). Once Lucas went down for his morning nap, I took advantage and hit up the treadmill for a run. Check out that fun with numbers, eh?

I hadn’t done any sort of run in quite a while, and that one felt so, so awesome. I’m certainly feelin’ it today too, but I love it.

In the afternoon, I left the boys at home and headed out for a baby shower for two of my favorite people in the whole world.

Sarah and Jeff are expecting their baby boy, Chase, at the end of April so we all got together to shower them with all sort of gifts and love. The shower was at Scallions restaurant in Saratoga, which is one of my favorite spots. I’m actually shocked I’ve never gone and posted about it in all of my blogging years?!

They had a few different sandwiches of theirs to choose from so my friend Kate and I wound up going halvsies and sharing the roasted veggie panini and the raspberry chipotle turkey wrap (right?!).

Of course, there was also cake which was insanely delicious. Absolutely a highlight to my day.

Once I got home, I had a couple more hours to spend with the babe before he went down for bed. After we put him down, Jay and I watched a couple more episodes of Downton Abbey (why I did not watch the Oscars, I’m really not sure…I was totally looking forward to watching Ellen) while I worked on typing up Lucas’s 7 month post.

I worked on said post for almost an hour and a half, but please notice, however, that I have no link to it for you today. Want to know why? Ohh, that’s because my Windows Live Writer decided to crash pretty much right when I finished the post. Yes…it took every ounce of me to not take my computer and throw it across the room. And then I wanted to kick myself for not once hitting the save button during that entire team. Good grief.

Soooo anywho…I should have that post put back together by tomorrow. But my PSA for today? Save your work as you go. ;)

Have a great day, everyone!

1 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog March 3, 2014 at 9:13 am

Awww, I’m pretty sure the most frustrating thing in the world is to lose something that you have been writing! Here’s to hoping it all comes back to you ASAP.

As for the 10 PM bedtime, I have no children, yet I found myself asleep at the same time Saturday! I think it’s because most of my friends here in Omaha have children, so I’m on their schedule.

On Friday, I went out with a friend and slept over at her house. This meant I had the 6 am alarm clock on Saturday morning that was her adorable 1-year-old. It was actually fun to wake up with the little ones for a change :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Things I’m Loving: Baby It’s STILL Cold Outside

2 Heather @Fit 'N' Cookies March 3, 2014 at 9:24 am

That has definitely happened to me before, but when I opened WLW back up, it came back! I wish that was the case for you :( Can’t wait to read it, though! He’s getting so big!
Heather @Fit ‘N’ Cookies recently posted..Accomplishing a To Do List: MIMM

3 Heathers Looking Glass March 3, 2014 at 9:30 am

That cake looks so good! We watched the last episode of Downton last night, so sad we have to wait another year!
Heathers Looking Glass recently posted..runDisney Princess Half Marathon Expo 2014

4 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire March 3, 2014 at 9:34 am

Courtney, every time I see a new picture of Lucas I think he can’t get any cuter…but he is so adorable! And don’t feel bad, because I was working on a few posts a couple weeks ago that all got deleted randomly. I have no idea where they went, and it was a total bummer. But it happens to all of us, I guess!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Weekend Recap

5 Shel@PeachyPalate March 3, 2014 at 9:35 am

Nothing worse then loosing a post like that, pain in the bum! Totally feel your pain but you had an awesomely positive weekend otherwise and the bonus being your hair is super cute in that photo with Jay!!! Did you curl it a little?

6 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 3, 2014 at 9:41 am

Ughhhh sorry about losing your post! I’ve totally been there – so frustrating!

I’m glad you guys had a great weekend. Sounds like a great combo of a little bit of everything. Those are the best!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Favorite Cake + My Favorite People = Perfect

7 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat March 3, 2014 at 9:43 am

Ugh, technology is so darn annoying sometimes! The worse thing in the world is to write something up that takes a while and then you completely lose it. I totally feel your pain on that one as it has happened to me before!

Your Saturday morning pretty much started similar to mine…cleaning, laundry and working out. It was until the evening that we had some more fun plans!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..MIMM #14 – Weekend Happenings

8 Sarah @ Sweet Miles March 3, 2014 at 9:55 am

You had a busy busy weekend! YAY for getting back into running and it feeling awesome, always a great feeling and huge motivation :)
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Little Rock Half Marathon 2014 Recap

9 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 3, 2014 at 10:01 am

I’ve learned the ‘save as you go’ lesson a couple times….never fun. But at least your weekend was awesome! ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Rehashing February.

10 Jess @dearhealthyness March 3, 2014 at 10:24 am

Ahhhh I hate it when you are doing something and the computer crashes and kaboom you lost everything! It sucks, and yes it takes a lot of breathing and patience to not throw the computer away. On a side note baby Lucas looks so big in that photo!
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..Saturday Adventures: Yunque Trail & Beach

11 Kristen March 3, 2014 at 10:37 am

I need to try New World Bistro! I’ve been to Scallions for restaurant week and it was a great experience all around! My tip to make you feel better go to Ginger Man for their Cheese Fondue, life changing!
Kristen recently posted..Frozen Food Reviews

12 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health March 3, 2014 at 10:52 am

You had some great eats and workouts this weekend, girl! Looks like a good one, indeed! Such cute photos of you and your boys!
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Zesty Loaded Black Bean Salsa

13 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun March 3, 2014 at 11:08 am

Awww that sucks! I hate when that happens and you lose everything you have been working on!

Sounds like you all had a great weekend! :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..What Running Means to Me {Motivation Monday}

14 Kim @FITsique March 3, 2014 at 11:08 am

AHHH! I hate when I lose things. One time I spent 10 days, yes 10 days putting together a movie from my vacation and as soon as I hit the button “save as movie” my hard drive crashed! SO no amount of saving helped me out there and I just about cried when it happened. Hopefully by some miracle the program can autorecover your piece for you!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Will New Nutrition Labels Help Us Eat Better?

15 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance March 3, 2014 at 11:38 am

That is the absolute worst. I spent forever on a doc once that had tons of graphics and text and then I lost it because I didn’t save as I went!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Now and Then

16 Melissa March 3, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Nice job on the run! I love those type of treadmills. Looks like a lot of good eats too!
Melissa recently posted..Promotion & A Relaxing Weekend

17 Ellie@Fit for the soul March 3, 2014 at 1:42 pm

The woes of writing something up on the computer! :( It’s so startling when it happens for work and school related writing. Or, anytime, really. And on a different note, your weekend sounds fantastic! That Thai Bolognese looks and sounds so amazing and unique. Mmmmm~!
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..February Favorites+I’m on TV?

18 Danica @ It's Progression March 3, 2014 at 3:30 pm

That is the most frustrating thing when work gets lost, especially when you’ve spent a good amount of time on it! My computer actually completely crashed last Fall, and it was terrifying to think that everything on it was gone – luckily, it was fixed a couple weeks later and everything was recovered.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..scenes from the weekend 3.3.14

19 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit March 3, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I got a run in this weekend, too, after going months without running. I also enjoyed it. It was a nice change to warm up before lifting!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..Weekend + Workout Schedule

20 Linz @ Itz Linz March 3, 2014 at 3:35 pm

those sandwiches do look really good at the baby shower!! #alwayshungry
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Like Mother Like Daughter | Pregnancy Photos

21 Cheri @ Overactive Blogger March 3, 2014 at 3:39 pm

One time, when I was a senior in college, I was writing a paper for a class, and the friggin computer deleted the thing. I threw a huge fit – threw books, all my pens, all my paper, for a second before I regained my composure, and proceed to rewrite the entire thing again. So sorry for your post!
Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Blogmopolitan Quiz Part Dos!

22 Annette@FitnessPerks March 3, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Oh I am so sorry about your WLW crashing–that totally sucks :( Esp since you were near done. Gah. Hugs!

Looks like a pretty fab weekend that you had though!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Weekend Highlights + Musselman’s Big Cups

23 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine March 3, 2014 at 6:55 pm

that raspberry wrap sounds WONDERFUL. what a fun weekend! Technology probs are the worst!

24 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment March 3, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Sounds like a lovely weekend! So sorry about losing your work though – so frustrating!
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted..For Love of the Warrior

25 Kelly March 3, 2014 at 7:16 pm

I’m going to need to check out Scallions it seems!!!!! Yum!!!
Kelly recently posted..My Interpretation of the Oscars (roughly to completely inaccurate)

26 Michelle Y Kim March 3, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Wow! Both of the dishes you and Jay ordered look super delicious!
Hehe, your son is getting so big now, and (as always) super adorable :)
Michelle Y Kim recently posted..Here and There and Everywhere

27 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne March 4, 2014 at 9:07 am

Yay for more sleep and a couple of workouts!! I know I would be going crazy if I didn’t have time for mine!!
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..No Nut Butter Granola Bars