WIAW: On a Quest for Good Eats

*In case you missed it, the Baby Tooth page was updated with Lucas’s 7 month post!*

Here we are once again…another Wednesday, another WIAW post to share with all of you!

With the exception of dinner (you’ll see below) this week’s WIAW post includes all of yesterday’s eats. And since I always wait until the very end to write this part of these posts (I write up the bulk of the post first), I’ve pretty much run out of steam…so let’s just get right to the good stuff.

Breakfast

I didn’t give myself enough time to put together any breakfast at home, so I dug into my stash of emergency oatmeal packets at work and had one of those with half a banana + a scoop of peanut butter.

instant oatmeal

Packets of instant oatmeal are great in a pinch, but I’ll always prefer regular oats. Always.

Mid-Morning Snack

I finished up the rest of my banana from breakfast along with all sorts of Justin’s vanilla almond butter.

justin's vanilla almond butter

Said jar of AB is now officially gone…thankfully, I stocked up at iHerb (use my coupon code SAZ564 for a discount!) and have a fresh new jar to bring in to work with me today. I basically eat this stuff on the daily.

Lunch

Mmmm…

salad

A big ol’ salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, carrots, grape tomatoes, avocado, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and deli turkey with a honey balsamic vinaigrette. I don’t know if it was the dressing, the turkey, or the tons of ‘cado, but this was one deeeelish salad.

Shortly after I finished lunch, I snacked on a peanut butter toffee chocolate chip cookie that was made by one of my co-workers. Holy crap, that thing was good.

I had tried saving it to bring home and have later but, umm, yeah…not happenin’. Winking smile

Mid-Afternoon Snack

When I got home from work, I noticed there was a package waiting for me at the door and was crazy pumped to see that it was from Quest Nutrition. I’ve been loving their cookie dough bars so I couldn’t wait to see what was in the box…just check out all of these goodies!

The company sent me some of their new flavors (including the coveted Cookies & Cream I keep hearing all about), a variety pack, protein peanut butter cups (say whaaaaat?!) and two kinds of their pasta (never realized they even made the stuff?).

Lucas, of course, needed to get in on the action and started rummaging through all of the bars, eventually picking out the white chocolate raspberry flavor for me to try.

lucaswhite chocolate raspberry quest bar

Well played, Lucas. That flavor was SO darn good. I’m two for two on these babies so far and can’t wait to keep trying some more.

Dinner

Yesterday night we actually had my in-laws over for dinner and we cooked my always favorite Chicken Parmesan Burgers. But on Monday night, Jay and I tried out a couple of the “create, take, and bake” seafood dinners that Price Chopper offers.

seafood dinner price chopper

I loved the concept: choose a fish, pick your veggies, and choose a seasoning. Then the seafood department bags them all up, seals them in the fancy bags, and all you have to do is cook them at home. Easy peasy!

tilapia and veggies

Jay and I both got tilapia with squash, carrots, and green beans and we served it along with some brown rice. Unfortunately, the seasoning was pretty bland on the fish and veggies, so it wasn’t my favorite. But it was alright.

Dessert

Now we’re back to Tuesday…and ohhhh, what a dessert was had.

brownie and ice cream

My in-laws brought over homemade brownies, which we had with some Edy’s slow churned caramel delight ice cream (my faaaaavorite)…aaaand rainbow sprinkles.

So yeah, I had two desserts yesterday. NBD. Life’s too short to not enjoy the good stuff every now and then, am I right? Winking smile

Comments

• Courtney says

No, I haven’t yet! I’m saving it (why, I’m not really sure) since everyone always seems to say how good that one is! I’m thinking I need to just dive right in :)

omg that brownie sundae!! Must. have.
    Questbars are funny, I LOVE the cookie dough, like cookies & cream and raspberry, but that’s all, I don’t like any of the others.

Same here about usually writing the intro last and then missing any last bits of wit to add in there. Can’t we just skip the intro altogether at times ;)?!
    Two desserts are better than one. True fact. And a brownie topped with ice cream? It can hardly get any better than that. Especially when sprinkles are included.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted..Call me the soup lady!

I feel like sometimes our eats mirror each other – though yours always look prettier!

First off – I tried Justin’s Almond Butter for the first time with a banana yesterday. I’d never had it before, and it was soo good. Love that you have a coupon for iHberb because that peanut butter was quite expensive :-)

The salad looks delicious – all ingredients I would use.

And finally, I also enjoyed a brownie for dessert, but with whipped cream. Annnd, slow churned caramel is my absolute favorite Edy’s flavor! I top with sprinkles too…and Goldfish :-)
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: Just Food

Ohhh Lucas~Like mommy like son! He knows what’s good, doesn’t he?! That Questbar flavor IS amazing…so amazing that when I bought some for me and my husband I ended up eating all of them. Oops…but I promise I’m usually not selfish like that! Hahaha. And you always eat the most delicious lookin’ stuff! Keep us updated on all the Questbar products–I’m curious to read about them.
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Monday at Urth and the Promenade

5. Casey says

What brand of salad dressing do you use?? I only like a sweeter balsamic, so the honey flavor sounds good!

• Courtney says

The brand is Appalachian Naturals…I got it a while back at the Yankee Candle Flagship store actually, haha :) It’s SOOOO good though!!

6. Kim says

I loved the White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bars. The Peanut Butter Cups–well, that’s a totally different story…but you need to try one before you decide what you think.

Quest sent me a variety pack about a year ago, but I didn’t get any of those noodles because they didn’t have them out yet. I’m intrigued by them! My favorite way to eat the bars is heated up for a few seconds, but they’re pretty darn good regardless. As for the PB cups, eh, they’re OK. I had to drink them with a glass of milk because they’re kinda dry, but they did a pretty good job at satisfying my sweet tooth, so I suppose they accomplished something! :)

I loooove Justin’s Vanilla AB. I can’t buy it regularly because I have NO self control around it!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Birthday Eats

I eat at least two desserts everyday! So jealous of all those Quest Bars. And I’m totally drooling over that salad! What kind of bowls do you use? I’d like to start taking salads for lunch but I’m not sure what to put them in!
    Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – No More Meat

I have recently discovered Quest bars too and the cookie dough one really tastes like Cookie Dough! I have a cookies and cream one too, but haven’t tried it. I wasn’t the hugest fan of banana nut or cinnimon roll but excited to try other kinds and also the pasta!!
    Janice recently posted..The Glam Series – Get Yo Tan On