WIAW: On a Quest for Good Eats

by Courtney on March 5, 2014

*In case you missed it, the Baby Tooth page was updated with Lucas’s 7 month post!*

Here we are once again…another Wednesday, another WIAW post to share with all of you!

With the exception of dinner (you’ll see below) this week’s WIAW post includes all of yesterday’s eats. And since I always wait until the very end to write this part of these posts (I write up the bulk of the post first), I’ve pretty much run out of steam…so let’s just get right to the good stuff.

Breakfast

I didn’t give myself enough time to put together any breakfast at home, so I dug into my stash of emergency oatmeal packets at work and had one of those with half a banana + a scoop of peanut butter.

instant oatmeal

Packets of instant oatmeal are great in a pinch, but I’ll always prefer regular oats. Always.

Mid-Morning Snack

I finished up the rest of my banana from breakfast along with all sorts of Justin’s vanilla almond butter.

justin's vanilla almond butter

Said jar of AB is now officially gone…thankfully, I stocked up at iHerb (use my coupon code SAZ564 for a discount!) and have a fresh new jar to bring in to work with me today. I basically eat this stuff on the daily.

Lunch

Mmmm…

salad

A big ol’ salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, carrots, grape tomatoes, avocado, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and deli turkey with a honey balsamic vinaigrette. I don’t know if it was the dressing, the turkey, or the tons of ‘cado, but this was one deeeelish salad.

Shortly after I finished lunch, I snacked on a peanut butter toffee chocolate chip cookie that was made by one of my co-workers. Holy crap, that thing was good.

I had tried saving it to bring home and have later but, umm, yeah…not happenin’. Winking smile

Mid-Afternoon Snack

When I got home from work, I noticed there was a package waiting for me at the door and was crazy pumped to see that it was from Quest Nutrition. I’ve been loving their cookie dough bars so I couldn’t wait to see what was in the box…just check out all of these goodies!

The company sent me some of their new flavors (including the coveted Cookies & Cream I keep hearing all about), a variety pack, protein peanut butter cups (say whaaaaat?!) and two kinds of their pasta (never realized they even made the stuff?).

Lucas, of course, needed to get in on the action and started rummaging through all of the bars, eventually picking out the white chocolate raspberry flavor for me to try.

lucaswhite chocolate raspberry quest bar

Well played, Lucas. That flavor was SO darn good. I’m two for two on these babies so far and can’t wait to keep trying some more.

Dinner

Yesterday night we actually had my in-laws over for dinner and we cooked my always favorite Chicken Parmesan Burgers. But on Monday night, Jay and I tried out a couple of the “create, take, and bake” seafood dinners that Price Chopper offers.

seafood dinner price chopper

I loved the concept: choose a fish, pick your veggies, and choose a seasoning. Then the seafood department bags them all up, seals them in the fancy bags, and all you have to do is cook them at home. Easy peasy!

tilapia and veggies

Jay and I both got tilapia with squash, carrots, and green beans and we served it along with some brown rice. Unfortunately, the seasoning was pretty bland on the fish and veggies, so it wasn’t my favorite. But it was alright.

Dessert

Now we’re back to Tuesday…and ohhhh, what a dessert was had.

brownie and ice cream

My in-laws brought over homemade brownies, which we had with some Edy’s slow churned caramel delight ice cream (my faaaaavorite)…aaaand rainbow sprinkles.

So yeah, I had two desserts yesterday. NBD. Life’s too short to not enjoy the good stuff every now and then, am I right? Winking smile

1 Linz @ Itz Linz March 5, 2014 at 6:21 am

i’ve eaten multiple desserts for more days than i care to admit right now haha your desserts look so good!! no shame!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..31 Weeks Pregnant | Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 5, 2014 at 6:38 am

You’re totally getting the look like “you’re gonna share that with me, right mom?” ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The Big Ol’ Hypocrite

3 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 5, 2014 at 6:38 am

That brownie + ice cream looks amazing!

Wait, is it not normal to have more than one dessert in a day?! ;-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..10 Quick Dinner Ideas

4 Danielle @ It's a Harleyyy Life March 5, 2014 at 6:39 am

Quest Pasta?! I can’t wait to hear what you think of that! The seafood package is also a great idea! You can get a fresh meal quick!

5 Jess @dearhealthyness March 5, 2014 at 6:45 am

Brownie + ice cream… I’m drooling!! I’ve never tried any quest bars, but I see them nearly in every blog I read, I guess that’s a message for me to try them :D
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..WIAW: Outside Dinner

6 Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes March 5, 2014 at 6:57 am

I miss Price Chopper! The cookies and cream quest bar is amazing…I need to get my hands on more…….and I don’t even like cookies and cream stuff!
Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes recently posted..Chocolate Banana Avocado Smoothie

7 Courtney March 5, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Don’t like cookies & cream stuff??? Crazy talk!! ;)

8 Hayley@healthyregardshayley March 5, 2014 at 7:35 am

Glad you restocked on Justins! Its too good, I probably would not have the self control to keep that at my desk so I commend you!
Hayley@healthyregardshayley recently posted..Eat With a Spoon Wasabi Edamame Hummus

9 Elizabeth @ my neon running shoes March 5, 2014 at 7:51 am

I feel awful for all the people fasting for Ash Wednesday (not me, I’m pregnant) who read this post! A peanut butter toffee chocolate chip cookie sounds divine!!!
Elizabeth @ my neon running shoes recently posted..Making the most of time.

10 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health March 5, 2014 at 7:52 am

Amen to that! I also said life is too short to not enjoy dessert first thing in the morning as I face planted into leftover birthday cake at 6AM this morning. Whoops! Haha yay for Quest bars! Have you tried the cinnamon roll flavor yet? My fav!
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Zesty Loaded Black Bean Salsa

11 Courtney March 5, 2014 at 7:36 pm

No, I haven’t yet! I’m saving it (why, I’m not really sure) since everyone always seems to say how good that one is! I’m thinking I need to just dive right in :)

12 Kassidy March 5, 2014 at 7:54 am

How did you get quest to send you stuff

13 Parita @ myinnershakti March 5, 2014 at 8:09 am

Whenever I tell myself I should eat something later, I always end up wanting it right then and there!

14 Kay March 5, 2014 at 8:14 am

omg that brownie sundae!! Must. have.
Questbars are funny, I LOVE the cookie dough, like cookies & cream and raspberry, but that’s all, I don’t like any of the others.

15 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun March 5, 2014 at 8:44 am

I was about to say some of the same comments as others on here. Quest pasta!??! I have never heard of that! Sounds delicious! I may have to keep a look out for that in stores.
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Moving Forward After Job Loss

16 Shel@PeachyPalate March 5, 2014 at 8:51 am

Nothing beats homemade brownies for dessert, best dessert ever! The quest raspberry and white chocolate bar sounds amazing!

17 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List March 5, 2014 at 8:54 am

I could BATHE in that Justin’s vanilla!! We seriously go through a jar a week!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..pregnancy – 34 weeks

18 Miss Polkadot March 5, 2014 at 8:56 am

Same here about usually writing the intro last and then missing any last bits of wit to add in there. Can’t we just skip the intro altogether at times ;)?!
Two desserts are better than one. True fact. And a brownie topped with ice cream? It can hardly get any better than that. Especially when sprinkles are included.
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Call me the soup lady!

19 Courtney March 5, 2014 at 7:37 pm

AGREED :-P

20 Tori L March 5, 2014 at 8:59 am

Yessss white chocolate raspberry & cookies & cream are my faves. And that brownie…I need a bite asap!
Tori L recently posted..Time Sure Does Fly

21 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat March 5, 2014 at 9:06 am

Well, seeing as I have a major sweet tooth in general, I’m all about that homemade cookie and the brownie topped with ice cream. Ummm…yum!!!

I still haven’t tried the new Quest bar flavor yet, but I’m dying to! I really need to buy a box. I’m sure I’ll love it!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #35 – Cleaning Eating My Way

22 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog March 5, 2014 at 9:12 am

I feel like sometimes our eats mirror each other – though yours always look prettier!

First off – I tried Justin’s Almond Butter for the first time with a banana yesterday. I’d never had it before, and it was soo good. Love that you have a coupon for iHberb because that peanut butter was quite expensive :-)

The salad looks delicious – all ingredients I would use.

And finally, I also enjoyed a brownie for dessert, but with whipped cream. Annnd, slow churned caramel is my absolute favorite Edy’s flavor! I top with sprinkles too…and Goldfish :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: Just Food

23 Courtney March 5, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Hahaha, you and your Goldfish! I love it ;)

24 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 5, 2014 at 9:17 am

I’m hoping that Cookies & Cream will make it’s way to these parts – I’m curious to try them!
And two-dessert kind of days are my favourite days ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Instead, I…

25 Jessica March 5, 2014 at 9:27 am

Rainbow sprinkles make any day better. Instantly!
Jessica recently posted..WordPressers Making a Splash: March Edition

26 Jessica March 5, 2014 at 9:28 am

ALSO. I hope you can review the Quest pasta…I’m curious!
Jessica recently posted..WordPressers Making a Splash: March Edition

27 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine March 5, 2014 at 9:55 am

Life is way too short! Sometimes I have dessert after I’ve had dessert. Dessert’s dessert, ya know? Those homemade cookies look fabulous. And a beautiful salad as well!

28 Ali March 5, 2014 at 10:28 am

Do you know if the Quest stuff is gluten/dairy free?

29 Courtney March 5, 2014 at 10:32 am

They’re gluten free but not dairy free

30 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment March 5, 2014 at 10:50 am

I really do need to try Quest bars! I have seen there all over the internet lately. I have never had that flavor of Justin’s either. I really do need to place an Amazon Order. :-)

31 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 5, 2014 at 11:16 am

I am a HUGE fan of the maple AB and I finally tried the vanilla a couple of weeks ago..holy cow, my world has been changed! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: March 5, 2014

32 Annette@FitnessPerks March 5, 2014 at 12:14 pm

I love that flavor of Edy’s too!! SO yummy.

I need to try some Quest bars–I’ve had one & it was pretty good.

p.s. that salad looks awesome.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..WIAW-A Weekend Day

33 Presley @ Run Pretty Blog March 5, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Aaaaand now I need a brownie.
Presley @ Run Pretty Blog recently posted..I Actually Ran + A Bit About The Blogger Survey

34 Natalie @ Free Range Human March 5, 2014 at 2:20 pm

That makes me want to take advantage of this snow day and bake something! Cookies, here I come :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Research Shows

35 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal March 5, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Ohh yum to everything – I LOVE Quest Bars.. but that salad looks great too!
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..Slow Cooker Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats (Vegan, Gluten-Free)

36 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit March 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Man that salad looks so fresh and delicious. I’m so jealous of your quest package!!! I love Quest bars and actually just had half of the cookie dough – my favorite, too!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..How I Prep and Plan for a Healthy Week

37 Ellie@Fit for the soul March 5, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Ohhh Lucas~Like mommy like son! He knows what’s good, doesn’t he?! That Questbar flavor IS amazing…so amazing that when I bought some for me and my husband I ended up eating all of them. Oops…but I promise I’m usually not selfish like that! Hahaha. And you always eat the most delicious lookin’ stuff! Keep us updated on all the Questbar products–I’m curious to read about them.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Monday at Urth and the Promenade

38 zoetcm March 5, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Ur day’s eats look tasty! I was drawn to ur dessert in particular. That’s what pulled me into reading this post from wiaw. Nommy :)
zoetcm recently posted..Pancake day 2014

39 Courtney March 5, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Haha, well I’m glad to have you stopping by! ;)

40 Kim @FITsique March 5, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I have an addiction to Quest bars and products! I haven’t gotten to try the pastas yet so you will have to let us know how it tastes. I even have a shirt from their Quest Apparel line and its awesome quality. And dessert all day long…why not!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..IIFYM: If It Fits Your Macros – An Introduction To Flexible Dieting

41 Casey March 5, 2014 at 5:45 pm

What brand of salad dressing do you use?? I only like a sweeter balsamic, so the honey flavor sounds good!

42 Courtney March 5, 2014 at 7:40 pm

The brand is Appalachian Naturals…I got it a while back at the Yankee Candle Flagship store actually, haha :) It’s SOOOO good though!!

43 Sarah @ Sweet Miles March 5, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Love seeing other healthy living bloggers who aren’t afraid to indulge :) That looks right up my alley!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Henry Grayson & #I40

44 Kim March 5, 2014 at 6:01 pm

I loved the White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bars. The Peanut Butter Cups–well, that’s a totally different story…but you need to try one before you decide what you think.

45 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 5, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Quest sent me a variety pack about a year ago, but I didn’t get any of those noodles because they didn’t have them out yet. I’m intrigued by them! My favorite way to eat the bars is heated up for a few seconds, but they’re pretty darn good regardless. As for the PB cups, eh, they’re OK. I had to drink them with a glass of milk because they’re kinda dry, but they did a pretty good job at satisfying my sweet tooth, so I suppose they accomplished something! :)

I loooove Justin’s Vanilla AB. I can’t buy it regularly because I have NO self control around it!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Birthday Eats

46 Colleen @ Evolution not Revolution March 5, 2014 at 7:07 pm

All of that food looks so good!! I’ve been meaning to try Justin’s nut butters and Quest bars.

47 Leigha @ Minougirl March 5, 2014 at 7:29 pm

I eat at least two desserts everyday! So jealous of all those Quest Bars. And I’m totally drooling over that salad! What kind of bowls do you use? I’d like to start taking salads for lunch but I’m not sure what to put them in!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – No More Meat

48 Courtney March 5, 2014 at 7:41 pm

They’re actually takeout containers from one of our favorite Italian restaurants :)

49 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen March 5, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Mmmm that salad looks amazing! AND I love the cookie dough Quest bars too! A little too much :) They are so good!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..My Positive Life “Check List”

50 Taylor March 5, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Is it weird I noticed your nail polish? Anyways love that colour!!

51 Jenn@Mark My Miles! March 6, 2014 at 8:37 am

Love that almond butter, I can’t ever get enough of it…spoonful after spoonful. Lately, I have been enjoying multiple desserts a day and I am going with it…no big deal.
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..FREE breakfast!

52 Janice March 6, 2014 at 3:05 pm

I have recently discovered Quest bars too and the cookie dough one really tastes like Cookie Dough! I have a cookies and cream one too, but haven’t tried it. I wasn’t the hugest fan of banana nut or cinnimon roll but excited to try other kinds and also the pasta!!
Janice recently posted..The Glam Series – Get Yo Tan On