Fun Facts Friday {3/7}

1. It’s Coffee Friday and I just cannot decide…Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? The two of them are literally right next door to each other on my way in to work, so I usually just wind up going with whichever one looks the least busy. I’m leaning towards the ‘bux, however, they no longer have my caramel brulee syrup, so this is a major bummer.

2.So Lucas has a new thing (if you follow me on Instagram, you already know this).

He pulls his hat over his eyes, takes a 5-10 minute power nap on the way to the sitter’s house, and wakes up all smiles. And if he doesn’t decide to pull his hat down, he’ll pull up his Bundleme instead. Cracks me up.

3. Last night’s Book Club was fabulous. Not only was it a great couple of hours out of the house with some incredible ladies…but talk about FOOD.

book club eats

Cranberry & cinnamon goat cheese, two kinds of alfredo pasta, raspberry baked brie in puff pastry, salads, cookie cake, a raspberry pretzel dessert, and funfetti cake dip (my contribution – it was good, not great). Between all of that and the wine, I left stuffed and happy.

4. THIS.

Hahaha this is all too true.

5. So the DietBet I was hosting for the past 4 weeks ended on Tuesday. As I suspected, I didn’t lose 4% of my bodyweight (really didn’t even come close, haha) but I have noticed my pants fitting a bit looser which is a nice surprise. My goal of using the challenge as a motivator to workout really did work well, so I’d say it was a success for me. (if you participated and are still waiting for results, they should be out in the next day or two, and that’s when I’ll choose the winner of the other prizes as well)

6. A couple of weeks ago, I told you all how I was loving using the MyFitnessPal app. Fun fact: The day I told you about itΒ is actually the last time I opened it. It’s a really great app, but I guess I found the whole tracking thing to get old quickly. Whoops.

7. Dropping an eye shadow pallet I bought from Target hurts way less than dropping one from Sephora. I recently dropped one of my Urban Decay shadowsΒ (<–linking up to a super old vlog…yikes) and I’ve been trying my damnedest to keep using it as long as possible…yet every time I open the thing, loose shadow goes flying. Grrrr.

8. Remember when I blogged about Name Bubbles last month? Well I’m also now contributing to their own blog, The Daily Bubble. My most recent post went up last week and features two quick at-home circuit workouts to try. Be sure to check it out!

9. Jay and I are hoping to bring Lucas to get some photos done this weekend (we ended up buying a package from iSmile Studios back when we got his photos with Santa done). It’s not like he’s at any milestone of an age right now, but we have a free day and I really, really want to get photos taken of him in this adorable sweater we have before he grows out of it. That’s normal, right?

10. That’s all I’ve got, friends. Hope everyone has a fab Friday and a great weekend ahead! xoxo :)

Comments

1 – I always default to Dunkin Donuts, but that’s because I’m obsessed. Here in the midwest, we have Caribou Coffee, and it appears it’s accomplished the impossible: overtaking Dunkin!
    2 – That thing Lucas does is the cutest thing ever – I love how babies’ personalities start to come out slowly and subtly. So cute :-)
    3 – I have never been into the whole book club thing, but that food looks amazing! The brie really caught my eye, as well as the goat cheese. I think I’m going to start a book club just for the food. Maybe we will read cookbooks every week, instead of real books…
    4. Yep, I started MyFitnessPal the day you talked about it. Haven’t been back since. Oops.

HAPPY FRIDAY!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Cheesy Greek Spaghetti Squash Casserole + Cheesy Thoughts

2. catherine says

The eyeshadow fix Patty shared does work. Just put a few drops of rubbing alcohol in the eyeshadow and swirl it around with a q-tip. Either let it dry or wrap a coin in a paper towel and dab it into the pot to get excess alcohol off.

This has saved me many a return trip to Ulta to buy replacements!

Ohhh Dunkin’s coffee is way better than bucks! I love them both, but if I had the option I prefer Dunkin..it also helps its so much cheaper! That little man of yours is so cute. It’s amazing the personality traits that come out so early. Be proud that you are working out and seeing results with a cute baby boy to take care of! That is such an accomplishment :)
    Kim @ FITsique recently posted..IIFYM: If It Fits Your Macros – An Introduction To Flexible Dieting

I prefer Dunkin Doughnuts coffee over Starbucks. I actually had to do a huge report on coffee and Starbucks during a marketing class in college and they said that Dunkin actually buys some of the most expensive coffee while Starbucks uses the cheapest – maybe that has something to do with it?

Have a great weekend!
    Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..5 Running Articles You Should Read Now

5. haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine says

Book clubs are waaayy too much fun. Especially when good dishes are included. Baked brie is one of my favorite food groups :)

6. Laura says

Ugh, i always drop the Urban Decay ones! Yet, my Cover Girl stays firmly in my hand! :\
    Lucas is such a cutie!

Lucas pulling his hat over his eyes for his power naps totally made me giggle. That’s just the cutest thing ever!

And #7, I’ve totally done that before and boy does it make me mad. One time I dropped an entire container of $60 powder make up. It went all over the sink, walls, toilet, bath rugs and floor. There was no way to save it, so I sadly (and angrily) vacuumed it up. Boy did that hurt!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Easy Broccoli and Sausage Crustless Quiche

It’s okay Lucas, I would totally do that power nap thing on my way to work each morning if I could. Smart guy!

Thanks again for hosting the Diet Bet. I met my goal (just barely though), but what I really liked was that it was a realistic goal. It didn’t require special dieting – I indulged quite frequently during it – and I simply added more veggies to my diet, cut back on eating out and worked out for 30 minutes 3x times a week. I plan to sign up for another soon!
    Maria recently posted..What I’m Loving Lately

love the hat-over-the-eyes thing! i do this with my headbands when i’m on trains and planes. :) totally with you on the dropping-the-Urban-Decay pain. worst.

That ecard about a sleeping baby opening their eyes is spot on and it made my smile! If I can’t get out of the room fast enough, I usually dive down to the floor so my daughter can’t see me below her crib. It’s so stupid, but if you make that eye contact, they are wide awake instantly!! :)

I wish I would’ve treated myself to coffee today, it sounds so good. Perhaps tomorrow after workout! :) Umm, all of that food looks so good! I started encouraging all my girl friends to bring healthy appetizers to our girls night because we’d all be stuffed from carbs otherwise, haha!
    Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..How the Week Went Down

Bahahahahaha that card is wayyy too funny! I really am amazed by how much other moms can relate to me and vice versa. Sometimes I think I’m the only “weird” one and end up finding that we’re all alike in that way. There are times when my daughter fusses at the table or while she’s in her play pen, esp. if I make eye contact so I tell my husband, “don’t make eye contact, don’t look!!!” haha.
    And I’ve never tried Dunkin coffee! Only the one you brew yourself at home, but not the store since we don’t have any in socal. :(
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Thinking Out Loud+Thrifting Therapy

That whole power nap thing is so cute!

In terms of the eyeshadow–I remember reading somewhere (thebeautydepartment.com?) that if you mix in a little rubbing alcohol, it will fix the eyeshadow so it stay together better. I haven’t tried it myself, but perhaps it’s worth a shot to save it.

Oh my gosh! Lucas is so cute he’s got some few tricks on how to do naps without getting some ray of light. A very intelligent kid! If I’m going to have a son, I would to observe his way of doing routine stuff. But right now, I think I can coach my husband on how to deal and go on our social life when we already have a child to come along with us.

15. Megan says

Thanks for hosting DietBet, it was fun, I didnt make it either, missed it by 1 pound but it got me to pay attention to what I was eating and make better food choices for that time frame!