Well, I never wound up getting my 50 cent ice cream cone from Stewart’s yesterday, but I did still have some pretty delicious eats on St. Paddy’s Day!
Thankfully, our little Lucas appears to be on the mend and was almost back to his normal self when I picked him up from Erika’s house yesterday afternoon.
And on a slightly different note, I am completely obsessed with this outfit of his (it’s Amy Coe brand from Babies ‘R’ Us).
The two of us had our usual QT after work, complete with lots of jumping, standing, and crawling (my gosh, he never stops moving!). While we were hanging out, the doorbell rang and I was greeted with quite a scrumptious delivery…
Gourmet crispy rice treats from Treat House…and look at how adorably festive they were for St. Patrick’s Day!
I was amazed while looking at the packaging of my Treat House goodies, which displays some of their many incredible sounding flavors, including Caramel Sea Salt, Birthday Cake, S’Mores, and Chocolate Peanut Butter, just to name a few…
Another cool fact about Treat House? Ten cents of every treat purchased will be donated to the Food Bank for New York City. Gotta love a company who gives back to its community, so be sure to check ‘em out.
I debated on waiting until after dinner to have one, but I couldn’t help but dive right in. I mean, how adorable are they, right?!
I wound up having the mint chocolate before dinner, and the cute shamrock one after. Both were equally delicious and I had to refrain myself from eating all twelve of ‘em. Thanks again, Treat House!
Seriously though, had it not been for the delicious dinner I knew was on tap for the evening, I probably would have gone for another. But, I couldn’t waste my appetite and miss out on this.
I decided over the weekend that we were going to have stir fry for dinner this week and good god, why do we not make this meal more often? This recipe came out SO freakin’ good. So much so that I just have to share it with you guys.
Not only was it delicious, but it’s healthy AND cooks up in no time. Heeeere ya go…
Easy Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry
- Servings: About 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or cider or balsamic)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bag frozen stir fry veggies
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium chicken broth
- Cooked brown rice
- Cook brown rice as directed; set aside and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup chicken broth, 2 tbsp soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp canola oil over medium-high heat. Toss chicken pieces in soy sauce then add to skillet. Allow chicken to cook about 5 minutes or until no longer pink; remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, add 1/2 tbsp canola oil and onion. Sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic, sauté another 30 seconds. Add frozen stir fry veggies and continue cooking until soft and tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the skillet along with the stir fry sauce, stirring to coat all veggies and chicken.
- In a small dish, stir together cornstarch and chicken broth; add to skillet and stir, making sure everything is coated. Allow to cook an extra 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens a bit. Serve over cooked brown rice and enjoy!
Alright my friends…with that, I’m off. Happy Tuesday!