WIAW: I Lied

Alright, so I guess I lied. That whole thing about Lucas being on the mend? Meh…not really. (I’m typing this up on Tuesday evening so…) Last night (Monday night) was a rough one. Little man was up from about 11:30pm-2:30am and then woke up sound absolutely awful with a nasty cough and runny nose, so I wound up taking the day to work from home and stay with him. He seemed to have gotten a bit better as the day went on but let me tell ya…staying home with a sick baby is no fun.

Since Tuesday nights are Jay’s snowboarding night, that meant that I was on mommy duty all day. Typically this would be nothing but pure joy for me (a full day just me and my baby?! Yay!), but it’s a whole different ballgame when they’re sick. Needless to say, once he finally went down for the evening, this mommy poured her glass a biggggg ol’ glass of wine.

Hey, no judging. Winking smile

So keep your fingers crossed for me that I get a little more sleep tonight as we move on to the main topic of today’s post…WIAW! Today’s post features all of Monday’s eats, some of which will be of no surprise to ya if you read yesterday’s post. Soooo, let’s get to it!

Breakfast

Whipped banana oats with strawberries and a scoop of peanut butter + a grande Starbucks coffee.

oatmeal and coffee

Since Starbucks no longer carries my Caramel Flan OR Caramel Brulee syrup (both were seasonal…tear) I’ve had to get creative. So my most recent order as of late is a grande Blonde Roast with steamed non-fat milk + 1/2 pump white mocha + 1 pump caramel. Amazing.

Mid-Morning Snack

While I did the whole pumping thang, I snacked on a banana.

And when I got back to my desk, I also had two peanut butter and chocolate chip energy bites (*I recently wrote up the recipe for these on my most recent post on The Daily Bubble – be sure to check it out!)

peanut butter and chocolate chip energy bites

Lunch

I’m still on a pretty decent salad kick for lunch, but I decided to switch this one up a bit from the usual. Over the weekend, I prepped a big batch of spelt berries to have for the week, so I added those to some mixed greens along with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, roasted broccoli, hardboiled egg whites, and a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese.

The swap of ingredients and flavors was definitely a nice way to break up the usual, and I’ve been loving the addition of the chewy spelt berries. Yum!

Mid-Afternoon Snack

I honestly wasn’t all that hungry, but I knew I had some of my sunshine (veggie) chips  from NatureBox stashed in my desk at work, so I wound up snacking on a couple handfuls of those.

naturebox sunshine chips

And, as you guys already know, once I got home from work I snacked on a crispy rice treat from Treat House.

crispy rice treat house

Dinner

This one is also no surprise to ya…Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry.

And neither is the second cripsy rice treat that I told ya I snagged after dinner…

As if I hadn’t already had enough sweet stuff though, I still wound up having a little something more…

Dessert

This is a recycled photo, but last night’s dish looked pretty similar…

ice cream

Edy’s Slow Churned Caramel Delight with some Heath bits on top. Mmm mmmm.

Now that I have this post done and my glass of wine is finished, I think it’s about time to crawl into bed (yes, it’s 8pm…remember, no judging) and spend a little quiet time reading my most recent Book Club book. Yep, I’m actually reading it this time! We’re reading Gone Girl, in case you’re curious…I’m about 1/3 of the way into it and I’m totally hooked! Anyone else read it?

Happy Wednesday, friends! Make it a great one!

Comments

Aww no! I hope Lucas really starts getting on the mend very soon, and that you all get some good rest.
    Hey, definitely no judging here. Mama’s gotta do what a mama’s gotta do! And I’ve never tried spelt berries before, but I think I would probably be a big fan since I love hearty grains.
    Hope you have a great day, Courtney!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: Full Day of Dance

Oh no! Here’s to a speedy recovery for Lucas AND Mommy! Hope you too get some rest and he gets better! Those crispy rice treats are really making me want to make some myself! They look so good, as does the ice cream :) I really need to get Gone Girl and start reading it, I have only heard great things about it. Hope you have a better day!
    Kim @FITsique recently posted..IIFYM Recipe – Butternut Squash Pancakes With Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling

3. Stacey M. says

Sorry to hear about your sick little guy … it’s hard knowing that babies get sick and we can’t just make it all better for them. I hope Lucas is feeling better soon!

I’ve been making those peanut butter energy balls the last couple weeks as well, only I’ve been adding raisins instead of chocolate chips. They are the perfect afternoon snack and keep me full enough to sustain my workout at the gym. Just one more blog “recipe” I’ve fallen in love with!

So glad to hear you’re reading Gone Girl. I bought the book a while back (last summer sometime I think) and have yet to start reading it. Now that you’ve mentioned it, I think I might need to crack it open tonight. I’ve heard that they’re making it into a movie … I really need to read it before that comes out!

4. Amanda says

Hope Lucas has a speedy recovery. I have read Gone Girl. I couldn’t put it down, but I am still deciding how I feel about the ending.

5. Anna says

I’ve read Gone Girl! I loved it, it only took me about 2 days to read because I couldn’t put it down. They’re also making it into a movie!

Poor little Lucas! And Mama! I’m so sorry he hasn’t been feeling well. Sick babies are NO fun. I hope you both got some better rest last night!

I got Gone Girl for Christmas two years ago and still haven’t read it! Whoops! I realllly need to pull it out and get into it. I’ve heard so many great things.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..New-to-Me Foods

Sick babies are no fun! My daughter was sick from teething for just over a week, and our nighttime sleep was horrible. Luckily her tooth cut through and we’re all sleeping again. Totally feel you about the wine – last week I had a half bottle left from the weekend, and I looked at it longingly the whole day until dinner when I poured myself a glass. I hope Lucas gets better soon!

Having a sick baby up in the middle of the night for 3 hours is definitely no fun! Solo caring for sick babies requires a glass of wine.

9. Alana says

I’m OBSESSED with Sunshine Chips, but if you think about it, they’re SO expensive.

Are there any good copycat recipes out there?

• Courtney says

Haha, you’re right, they are expensive! I have no idea on how to recreate them…I know they’re also sold at The Fresh Market in their bulk bins…not sure if they’re any cheaper that way (although, probably not!)

10. Alaina says

First of all, tell me about this “whipped” oatmeal thing you do! I checked your recipe page but didn’t see anything that said whipped. Also, I know you exclusively BF (besides some finger foods). How do you make sure you eat enough? I just gave birth a week ago and was going strong but now am noticing a dwindling supply. I am not working out but I will say I am back at my pre-pregnancy weight, maybe even lower. I feel like I am eating enough, but am thinking this could be my issue, so I have been trying to eat more. Is there a target number you shoot for in terms of calories? Thanks!

Aww poor little Lucas! Hopefully he’ll start to feel better soon. I babysat for my friend’s sick child last weekend, and it literally broke my heart to watch her cry and not be able to do anything!

So I missed the post on festive treats, but OH MY. I have already headed to Treat House’s website to see how I can order them and ship them to Omaha stat. I mean, what a genius idea they’ve got with that place!
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: Cotton Candy Made My Day

12. Cristal says

Gone Girl was such a let down to me…I feel like the author could have gone somewhere really great with it. The ending was a total let down.

I seriously think the cold is going around the country. I’ve been sick going on three days now :( I’m forcing myself out of the house today!

14. Fiona MacDonald says

Gone Girl is SO good! I’m so curious about the movie! Hope the rest of the week goes better for you!

15. Nala says

Aww poor Lucas! I hope he feels much better as the days go by, his Mama too! That chicken stir fry look delish! And so do those rice krispy treats, I wouldn’t mind snacking on a few either =)

16. Rachel says

Hi Courtney,

My new Starbucks obsession is called London Fog. It’s actually an Earl Grey tea latte and ohhhh man, it is amazing.

It’s made with Earl Grey tea, a few pumps of vanilla syrup and steamed milk. Divine.

I’ve given up coffee a few months ago and I’ve been drinking tea like nobody’s business. You should definitely try the London Fog.