Weekend Highlights {3/31}

by Courtney on March 31, 2014

Hey hey, happy last day of March! How’s everyone doin’ today? I’m writing this up on Sunday evening and currently suffering from a mild case of the Sunday evening blues. You guys know what I’m talkin’ about, right? Luckily, I have some nice highlights to look back on from this weekend, like…

Having some of this coffee cake for breakfast Saturday morning.

Visiting my bestie, Heather, and her new son Darien. He was actually born about a month ago, but between Lucas being sick, and then me being sick, it was the first I was able to get up to visit.

Watching Lucas play with all of Logan’s toys while we were visiting and looking back and forth between him and Darien and thinking, wow, were YOU really ever that small?

Gosh, it’s crazy how quick you forget just how itty bitty they are as newborns, isn’t it?

Getting back on the workout train.

Now that I’m finally feeling back to myself, I couldn’t wait to get moving once again. I decided to go back with my Nike Training Club app and chose the “Fire Drill” workout from there. Ummm, wow. Maybe not the best choice after having taken two weeks off from the whole workout thang. Whew…talk about tough. But awesome.

More homemade bread in the house…apparently, I’m on a bread baking kick. First banana bread last week, and now? Homemade apple bread. Mmmm mmmmm.

Be on the lookout for a recipe later this week (and FYI, this recipe is headed your way tomorrow!).

Finally getting our act together and getting some projects done around the house. We got some doors painted, walls painted, some trim put up, and garbage disposed of…AND we finally got our couches up for sale on Craigslist and had them sold within about three hours. Such a relief!

Dinner at my parents’ house on Sunday evening. Grilled steak, chicken, roasted potatoes, and salad. Yum, yum, yum, and YUM.

Watching Lucas with his Uncle Dan. I always love seeing these two together.

I don’t think we have too much on the calendar for this week ahead, besides the usual work schedules, which is nice. I’m looking forward to some low-key evenings, some homemade dinners (I semi meal-planned, WOOT!), and hopefully getting in a few more workouts.

What’s coming up this week for all of you? Anything fun and exciting? Smile

1 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 31, 2014 at 6:37 am

That coffee cake looks so good! Coffee cake is definitely one of my favorites! Have a good week! :)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday Snapshots – 3/30

2 Lauren March 31, 2014 at 7:18 am

I can only image how fast these babies grow.
Glad you had a great weekend and you are feeling better lady!

3 Linz @ Itz Linz March 31, 2014 at 7:20 am

hmm what’s coming up this week? we’ve got an ultrasound today for my 36 week appointment which is super exciting since i haven’t had one since 20 weeks!!!! and we have our last baby class on Wednesday… can’t believe how close we are getting!!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Weekend Highlights

4 Katie March 31, 2014 at 7:24 am

Time does fly! Rocco turned 9 months on Saturday, crazzzzzzy!
Love your hair, looks beautiful! I think you must of got it cut shorter, right? Love!

Lucas is always the cutest, and he sure is getting big too!

Have a great week girl! Glad everyone is sick free! <3
Katie recently posted..MIMM #91Marvelous Moments of the Weekend

5 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) March 31, 2014 at 7:40 am

Mmm not much better than steak, potatoes and salad!

This week bring some relaxing, which I’ve seriously needed. And I know what you mean about growing fast. Somehow I have a 2.5 year old- what?! ;)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Crockpot Chickpeas & Tahini-Free Hummus

6 Torry @ Working on a Dream March 31, 2014 at 7:54 am

I’m looking forward to a low key week before a crazy bachelorette party weekend for a friend!

7 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl March 31, 2014 at 8:10 am

What a great and productive weekend! Can’t wait for the apple bread recipe…. one of my favorites of all breads!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Finding Greatness in Every Day and Spaghetti Squash Quiche

8 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine March 31, 2014 at 8:30 am

Yum yum yummm! I’m going to try whipping up some banana bread this week. I can NOT believe it is already the last day of March.

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat March 31, 2014 at 8:44 am

Sounds like a fun, yet productive weekend! I’m SO looking forward to the apple bread and casserole recipes! Both look amazing!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Drool Worthy Pins #8

10 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne March 31, 2014 at 9:09 am

Yum that apple bread and coffee cake looks super good!! And wow!! Lucas is getting so big!! As a reader, it is hard to remember him being that small!!
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..•Patience•

11 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire March 31, 2014 at 9:13 am

I really, really need to make some banana bread! I’ve had some ripe bananas sitting in the fruit bowl for a few days but haven’t had time to do anything with them. Apple bread sounds amazing too!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..No Sleep Monday

12 Shel@PeachyPalate March 31, 2014 at 9:21 am

Ooh good call on the workout! Where’s the Fire Drill workout on the app? I usually do the advanced ones is it in one of the other sections? 45 minute ones are always tough going!

13 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 31, 2014 at 9:25 am

I think the same thing every time I see a new baby. It’s hard to believe that our little boys were ever that small, huh? I’m glad that you all are feeling better! Sickness is NO fun. We have just a little bit of an exciting and eventful week…just moving to AZ, no big deal. ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..What Makes My Life Good

14 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog March 31, 2014 at 9:25 am

Time really does fly doesn’t it?

I am a first-time auntie (little Lila Rose as born on March 5!), and I am not going to visit her in NY until April 11. I feel bad missing out on her first month, but I think my brother and his wife are grateful for one last person bothering them during these first crazy days :-)

Looking forward to seeing the recipe!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..5 Things I Learned from Yoga

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 31, 2014 at 9:25 am

Looks like an awesome weekend for sure! I remember when I was working at a daycare and getting to see how much the kids would change over a few months was insane – they grow so freakin’ fast!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..FLTW: Why Are We Attracted to Certain ‘Types’?

16 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun March 31, 2014 at 10:30 am

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I can’t believe Lucas used to be that small either – he has gotten SO big! :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Overcoming the Shame of Mistakes

17 Jess @dearhealthyness March 31, 2014 at 10:47 am

Breadssss yummy :P I’m looking forward to the recipe!!

This weeks seems like the eternal -never ends- college works week! I’m looking forward to the end of the trimester already! You got to do what you got to do right? Have a nice week!
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..Busy Bee Workout Tips

18 Kim @FITsique March 31, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I can’t wait for that recipe!!! This week is pretty boring in my world, college course work and work pretty much consumes my life. Since UK made the final four game that will be fun (I don’t even like basketball but the spirit of the town is awesome!)
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Tracking Your Macros – The Ultimate Guide

19 Annette@FitnessPerks March 31, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Isn’t that the truth about newborns & babies getting older?!? SO true.

We had a fantastic weekend in Vegas for a fitness convention. It was truly epic!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Weekend Highlights {Vegas Style}

20 Lauren @ LoveChocolateLife March 31, 2014 at 2:04 pm

I am also having the Monday blues. Why are Mondays so difficult !! That coffee cake looks amazing !!!! And can’t wait to see your bread recipes !!!!
Lauren @ LoveChocolateLife recently posted..My First Foodie Pen Pals!!! (March)

21 Nancy March 31, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Not much going on on my agenda this week. It’s supposed to rain every day – so I think I’ll take this opportunity to put together my Graphic Design portfolio and really buckle down and make something of it. I really need to start working here in the USA. I’m getting lonely!
Nancy recently posted..My Wedding Day Fragrance

22 Laura April 3, 2014 at 8:44 am

Love the picture of your brother Dan and Lucas reading a book-so cute! The Sunday blues are always tough, but it does look like you had a great weekend, and hey, by the time I’ve gotten around to catching up on your blog-it’s already Thursday! :)