WIAW: There’s Always Room

by Courtney on April 2, 2014

Iiiiiit’s that day again!

I’ve actually found that since I’ve been posting less and less of the whole “daily eats” thing on a regular basis, I actually look forward to putting together these weekly WIAW posts. My meals range so much these days (sometimes I’ll go days without any veggies, other times I can’t get enough of em), so keep in mind that this is only a small snippet of what and/or how I tend to eat.

This week’s eats all come from Monday and actually wound up being fairly balanced…and quite delish!

Breakfast

Plain Greek yogurt with strawberries and blueberries, a side of Kashi Go Lean Crisp, and a Grande Blonde Roast from Starbucks.

breakfast

As you guys know, Friday is typically my “treat myself to coffee” day. However…Friday’s coffee treat wound up getting spilled all in the back of my car. Oh yes. It still smells just lovely in there. So yeah…since I never got the goods on Friday, I treated myself on Monday. Winking smile

Mid-Morning Snack

A piece of banana bread + a small banana

banana bread

Love, love, LOVE this banana bread. Most definitely my new favorite recipe!

Lunch

Deli turkey, provolone, lettuce, and avocado on a sandwich thin with honey mustard + some baby carrots and grape tomatoes

lunch

I was really feelin’ the idea of a turkey sandwich while I was grocery shopping over the weekend, so I made sure to pick up some extra deli meat (Jay usually eats the majority of it). Sometimes, a sandwich just really hits the spot.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

Some broken up saltines + peanut butter.

saltines and peanut butter

A little random, maybe? Well, the reason for the extra saltines stems from a little “Minute to Win It” challenge that I held at work on Monday (I run them every other Monday in the office for a little fun!). This week’s challenge was to eat 6 saltines in a minute. So funny. So much harder than it sounds (I think I just barely finished 4). I thoroughly enjoyed all the leftover crumbs. Winking smile

After-Work Snack

Soooo, the bag of all reds and pinks Starburst jelly beans is really where it’s at.

starburst reds jelly beans

I snacked on that by about 10x while soaking up all sorts of play time with my smiley guy.

Dinner

Thanks once again to my girl, Kristen, we had a delicious dinner at home. Crunchy Taco Hamburger Helper, to be exact.

homemade hamburger helper

I followed her recipe exactly, only subbing in ground chicken for beef and brown rice for white (it’s what I already had on hand). FYI: If you make it with brown rice, just be prepared for it to need to cook a bit longer and require a bunch of extra liquid. Flavor-wise though? AWESOME.

Dessert

Because there’s always room…

ben & jerry's rockin blondies

Did you know that Ben and Jerry’s has flavors that are exclusive to Target? I found this flavor one of the last times I was there and there was just no way I couldn’t pick it up. It’s really good. Not my favorite, but really good.

Okay friends, there’s another WIAW in the books! I’m SO looking forward to today…I’m off work for the day and have quite a fun day planned. I’ll be back tomorrow with details (as long as I can keep my act together and make the time to do that). Winking smile

Happy Wednesday, friends!

1 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 2, 2014 at 6:38 am

Those Starburst jelly beans are the BEST! I got a bag of the Jolly Rancher ones this week, but they really don’t compare.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Healthy Habits

2 Lauren April 2, 2014 at 7:05 am

Okay, now I’m on a mission to find that B&J flavor! Blondies? Seriously? Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better. :)

Have a great day lady!

3 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 2, 2014 at 7:07 am

Rockin’ Blondies ice cream!? Why oh why have I not tried this. Looks like a great Wednesday full of eats!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..YOGASMOGA Review

4 Miss Polkadot April 2, 2014 at 7:25 am

Good goodness, the flavor variety of Ben & Jerry’s you can find over there! We can get a total of, oh, maybe five or six flavours?! Lame.
Your little guy seems to get really excited about play time with you. Cute!
Miss Polkadot recently posted..If it’s between me and you…

5 Linz @ Itz Linz April 2, 2014 at 7:33 am

rockin’ blondies ice cream?? need.some.NOW!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..not quite a recipe yet

6 Jean April 2, 2014 at 7:34 am

I also tried Kristin’s recipe and loved it!

7 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine April 2, 2014 at 7:54 am

Kristen’s recipes are fantastic. I will have to try out that hamburger helper! and that Rockin’ Blondies Ben and Jerry’s looks sooo great. I’ve seen it a few times, but haven’t tried it yet!

8 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty April 2, 2014 at 8:34 am

So I’m sitting here getting ready for work, contemplating breakfast, and reading up on some blogs. After reading your WIAW I think I talked myself into a yogurt bowl today! Thanks!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Weekend Recap: Blends Do Chicago

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat April 2, 2014 at 8:47 am

And now I’m craving a turkey and provolone sandwich! It looks so tasty, and I actually love the broken up saltines and PB snack. I’d totally eat that!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #38 – Give Me Some Cheesy Scones

10 Shel@PeachyPalate April 2, 2014 at 9:03 am

Always room in my case for….brownies!!! And of course banana bread!

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles April 2, 2014 at 9:09 am

So ice cream just made it on the grocery list. I’m usually more of a vanilla ice cream with chocolate add-ins sort of person, but that flavour looks fabulous!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Craving Some Spring.

12 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog April 2, 2014 at 9:17 am

I completely agree with you that posting for WIAW is something I look forward to. I may be a “healthy living” blogger, but honestly, I don’t do a good job of balancing my meals and snacks every day. I often miss out on a lot of protein and WIAW reminds me of this :-).

Also agree with your red/pink Starburst jelly beans comment. Love that they have just a bag of them. When I first started dating my BF, I used to say “You’re like my red Starburst!” I guess it was code for you’re the best ;-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..WIAW: Because I can’t run WITH Cupcakes

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 2, 2014 at 9:26 am

I swear it’s a good thing I’m lactose intolerant…otherwise all these new Ben & Jerry’s flavors would be the end of me… ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Heavy Heart…

14 Claire @ Flake and Cake April 2, 2014 at 9:39 am

Wow that ice cream looks insanely good!
Claire @ Flake and Cake recently posted..WIAW: Ski fuel

15 Brittany April 2, 2014 at 9:46 am

Oh I hate when I spill my coffee, especially when I bought it out! Glad you made up for it!
Brittany recently posted..I am Ready

16 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! April 2, 2014 at 10:03 am

Oh how I love me some banana bread! I keep meaning to make a loaf but somehow I never have left over bananas on hand. Bananas go like hot cakes in my house!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Hump Day Booty Burner

17 Ali April 2, 2014 at 10:26 am

Yumm jelly beans!

18 Ashlee @ Ash's Right Direction April 2, 2014 at 10:27 am

We love Crunchy Taco Hamburger Helper – It is our go to when we do not want to do anything big for dinner. We do not make that cheese sauce to go on top (I usually just melt some shredded cheddar on top) & Tim takes the chips in his lunch the next day. We eat it out of one bowl with the Tostitos Scoops :) I also make it for parties now as a dip.
Ashlee @ Ash’s Right Direction recently posted..Frustrated with Myself WIW

19 Annette@FitnessPerks April 2, 2014 at 11:46 am

I love banana bread! I need to make some–I’ve got some older bananas chillin’ in the freezer!

Have a fun day today :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Les Mills’ MegaMadness Event Recap!

20 Kat April 2, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Hi Courtney!

Random question unrelated to this post (which sound delish btw!)

My son is 11 weeks old and I have to return to work in about 3 weeks (wahh! :( )
He has had a bottle of breast milk about once a week since he was around 3 weeks old, but I want to start giving him bottles more often so that he is not totally confused once I go to work and that’s all he will get until I get home in the evening.

So far, he isn’t taking them that great and I was just wondering what brand of bottles you use? The brand I have seems too firm for him. I would like to continue nursing in the morning before work, evening, and weekends for as long as possible so getting him used to switching back and forth is important to me.

Thank you!!

21 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List April 2, 2014 at 12:16 pm

i think saltines and pb sounds SO good right now!!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..pregnancy – 38 weeks (and what i’m missing)

22 Elizabeth April 2, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Wait that ice cream though?!! I shouldn’t even try it because I know I’d love it!

xx,
Elizabeth

23 Nancy April 2, 2014 at 2:40 pm

dangit. I forgot to make banana bread last week.

I hope you ate more than 3 jelly beans! If not, hand the pack over and I’ll finish them! Yum. :)
Nancy recently posted..Alice and Olivia event + The Golden Gate Bridge

24 Kim @FITsique April 2, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I do the same and pick a day each week to treat my self to a coffee. Its like a little happy gesture to yourself :) That Ben and Jerry’s looks amazing, even better if there was chocolate involved too.
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Tracking Your Macros – The Ultimate Guide

25 Katie @ running4cupcakes April 2, 2014 at 4:44 pm

That is so interested that there are some B&J flavors just at Target – I am totally going to have to check out the selection next time I am there!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Easter Favs

26 Katy @ Savor Life's Flavors April 2, 2014 at 7:32 pm

I LOVE the Starburst Jellybeans. I haven’t let myself buy any Easter goodies yet because I know they will be gone before the Holiday!
Katy @ Savor Life’s Flavors recently posted..WIAW: #68

27 Laura @ In This Moment April 3, 2014 at 8:56 am

I cannot get over how expressive Lucas is getting! He is such a beautiful little boy. :) On a completely different note-that ice cream looks amazing-I LOVE all things blondie. I live in NYC but must find a Target asap.
Laura @ In This Moment recently posted..Young Girl

28 Laura April 4, 2014 at 5:22 am

I love these WIAW posts, I always find them so interesting! Ben and Jerrys…always an excellent choice! ;)

29 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats April 11, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I love Iowa Girl Eats recipes! They always turn out so great! :) I’ll definitely have to try the taco hamburger helper…it looks delicious!
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..Favorite Things Friday!!