WIAW: An Exciting Dessert

by Courtney on April 9, 2014

Well, just when I thought I was done with this whole cold and sickness thing…

Thankfully, I’m not dealing with another full-blown cold, but rather, the remnants of the one I’m still apparently trying to get rid of. It has now traveled down to my chest so I am sporting one heck of a sexy cough. Oh yeah, and the whole breathing thing is sort of an issue now…

Ugh. My biggest hurdle with the average cold has always been when it eventually lands in my chest and and aggravates my asthma. It’s pretty much inevitable and leaves me tight chested and wheezy. So I got to get all cozy with my fancy nebulizer last night. I know you’re jealous.

Said cold + asthma acting up has put a bit of a damper on the workout front (go figure…just when I was starting to get back in a groove again). I’m thinking I may attempt some yoga or Pilates tonight and work on easing back into things again, but meh…we’ll see how that goes.

But anywho…back to the topic of this post. Today’s WIAW post features all of Monday’s eats, with the exception of the yummy dessert you’ll see at the bottom. Let’s goooo!

Breakfast

A piece of Veggielicious Egg Casserole + half a banana (Lucas had the other half) + an unphotographed half a piece of banana bread + coffee.

breakfast

Breakfast was eaten at home because Lucas had a doctor’s appointment at 9am that morning, so we had a little extra time at home (no complaining here!). The appointment went fairly quick, so I dropped him off at the sitter and then headed off to work…but not before stopping at DD’s for another cookie dough iced coffee.

That’s a recycled photo from the weekend, but it was the same thing. And equally delicious.

Mid-Morning Snack

A little while later it was time to do the pumping thang, so I snacked on a big piece of cinnamon sugar crusted banana bread while I took care of that.

banana bread

And when I say big piece, I’m not kiddin’!

banana bread

I can’t get enough of the stuff.

Lunch

It had probably been a week or two since I last took the time to make a salad for lunch, so this one was much anticipated.

salad

I filled it with all the usual veggies, in addition to deli turkey, avocado, and dried cranberries with a raspberry walnut vinaigrette + croutons. Lots and lots of croutons.

And, side note…how cool are these snack bags?

I was looking for some of the regular snack baggies at Walmart the other day and came across these with the portions pre-labeled on there. I’m a fan!

Dinner

I never wound up having an afternoon snack (from what I can remember…?) so I was more than ready for dinner. It was one of the first evenings in a while that was gorgeous while we were home, so we fired up the grill for the first time of the season.

dinner

We had Italian-marinated grilled chicken, oven roasted potatoes, and sautéed zucchini, which all tasted so incredibly delicious. Man, I wish we could grill year-round (without freezing our rear ends off).

Shortly after finishing dinner, I found myself in the fridge grabbing for one of my friend Mal’s peanut butter balls…

peanut butter balls

She sent me home with some on Saturday evening and I’ve been snacking on one or two every day since. They’re sooooo stinkin’ good.

Dessert

No, I don’t count said peanut butter ball from above dessert. That was more of a “snack in passing.” So a couple of hours later, I rummaged around the kitchen to see what sounded good. Monday night’s dessert was actually a small dish of ice cream, but I’m more excited to share last night’s dessert with ya instead…

Okay guys, seriously. Vanilla Greek yogurt + melted cookie butter swirled in. You MUST try this. It is so. freakin. good. I also added in some mini chocolate chips because, well, why not?

greek yogurt with cookie butter

Well, that about sums up another WIAW around heeeeere. I’ll catch you guys later!

What desserts have you guys been diggin’ these days?

1 Linz @ Itz Linz April 9, 2014 at 6:49 am

we have tons of desserts left from my baby shower… the best being gooey butter brownies – omg so good! i’ve been eating bites for dessert… and maybe a bite or two before breakfast! haha
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..creamy crunchy parfait

2 Joy April 9, 2014 at 6:54 am

I gave up on having the cookie butter in my house because Jim would eat it non stop on everything and a jar would last 4 days… At least in yogurt though its a little healthy! He’d put it ON COOKIES
Joy recently posted..All the world is a…

3 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie April 9, 2014 at 7:01 am

Wow. The cookie butter and greek yogurt combo might be the most exciting discovery this year! I can’t wait to try it.

Hope you feel better!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Any Excuse for a Fun Survey

4 Lauren April 9, 2014 at 7:04 am

Ugh, sorry you are still feeling lousy. Hopefully it is on its way out!

Wow, that dessert sounds amazing! It’s definitely going on my must try list. :)

5 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles April 9, 2014 at 7:38 am

yogurt and cookie butter? Sounds right up my alley! Lately, I’ve been going for ice cream for dessert…not a bad way to go ;-) I hope your cough clears up soon!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: My Favourite Things.

6 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List April 9, 2014 at 7:57 am

LOVE those first few grills of the season! We had our first last week – just got me excited for summer.
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..pregnancy – 39 weeks

7 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat April 9, 2014 at 8:18 am

All of this yummy food is making me seriously hungry! I think I need to go eat breakfast now! ;-) I have that banana bread on my list of new recipes to try!

Hope you feel better! Nasty coughs are no fun!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #39 – What’s in My Work Snack Drawer?

8 Shel@PeachyPalate April 9, 2014 at 8:23 am

Oh my word that dessert looks like a tub of heaven!!! LOVE the nails btw!!!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Speedy sweet potato skillet

9 Christina @Pinkpolishandrunningshoes April 9, 2014 at 8:30 am

Those peanut butter balls look amazing! Do you have the recipe for those?

10 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves April 9, 2014 at 8:58 am

Oh my goshhhh that dessert looks fan-freaking-tastic. I forgot that we had a jar of Biscoff in our pantry, but you just reminded me that I could put some of that stuff to good use ;)
Lately, my “dessert” has bee dried figs with Greek yogurt. I love the balance of tangy and sweet!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: Friday During Lent

11 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance April 9, 2014 at 9:35 am

That dessert looks so amazing! I had some salted caramel gelato recently that was pretty darn good!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..TWO

12 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 9, 2014 at 9:41 am

YUM! That does look delicious! I am really craving cookie dough now :) Might need to wait until tonight for that though!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..What I Would Tell My 18 Year Old Self

13 Britt @ Fit Fit Britt Britt April 9, 2014 at 9:56 am

Oh my goodness I need to try cookie butter, greek yogurt and chocolate chips asap!!!
Britt @ Fit Fit Britt Britt recently posted..Planning Ahead!

14 Becky@TheSavedRunner April 9, 2014 at 9:57 am

Everytime you post that banana bread I think I should make it! But I am with you, I love grilling weather! I’m so sorry you are still sick. :( I hope you get better soon!

15 Jessica April 9, 2014 at 10:01 am

OK I need to try that coffee ASAP. Unfortunately we don’t have Dunkin where I live! I’m honestly considering the hour drive just to try it though.
Have a happy hump day :)
Jessica recently posted..Monday Linkage

16 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries April 9, 2014 at 10:04 am

Grilled food is my FAVORITE! We plan on doing a lot of it in the coming weeks and months! Love your Greek yogurt/cookie butter concoction – yum! I’ve been loving ice cream and chocolate for dessert lately. It’s already so darn hot here in Arizona that ice cream instantly comes to my mind for dessert!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW (It’s Been Awhile)

17 Angela @ Simply Fresh Fare April 9, 2014 at 10:32 am

That dessert looks amazing! I’ve been on a Nutella and banana kick lately!

18 Betty April 9, 2014 at 11:10 am

Oh my – the yougurt with cookie butter and chips – must try – freeze it and we’ve got ice cream? maybe? – I was already to ask where you got the bags when you answered – can’t wait to go get some.
Feel better -

19 Amy C April 9, 2014 at 11:36 am

Hope you feel better! I love your flats btw, the bows are so cute!!

20 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl April 9, 2014 at 11:56 am

I am seriously in love with two things in this post: 1) Your shoes (SO cute!!) and 2) those plastic bags. Must find!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: April 9, 2014

21 Andrea @ pencils and pancakes April 9, 2014 at 12:09 pm

You call that a big piece of banana bread??? I’m embarrassed about the size of the pieces I’ve been shoving down LOL it’s so addicting
Andrea @ pencils and pancakes recently posted..Homemade Granola Bars

22 Courtney April 9, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Bahaha…you’re right, it actually doesn’t look that big in the picture, does it? I guess it seemed a lot bigger when I was eating it! ;)

23 kristina April 9, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Chopped green apple, canned coconut milk, cinnamin…eat it in a bowl …sooo good

24 Annette@FitnessPerks April 9, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I love huge slices of banana bread. Looks so awesome!

Hope you feel better soon! I must say–the Breathe oil (from doTERRA) that I use has helped me so much with congestion, and with baby L’s wheezing she had one night. It’s a great natural remedy that could help ;)

Desserts I am loving–cookie butter! Ice cream! Chocolate!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..My Life-Changing Decision

25 Ashley M April 9, 2014 at 12:56 pm

That cookie butter is amazing!!! I always try to pick some up when I visit the states!! And my oh my do I love grilling…anything really! SO yummy!

26 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment April 9, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I’m loving dark chocolate these days! Feel better. :-)

27 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers April 9, 2014 at 1:08 pm

In my opinion, there is NO such thing as a small piece of banana bread. Go big or go home. ;) As for dessert, I’ve been loving ice cream. I tried to cut myself off after pregnancy, but it’s making a comeback. (You’d think nightly after 9 months would be the end of it, but nope!)
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Wimpy WIAW

28 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork April 9, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I’m sorry. Hope you feel better soon!
I’m loving Food Should Taste Good chocolate chips (as in tortilla chips) with the honey roasted PB from Whole Foods. Yummy!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Five Tips for Eating Healthy On The Run (Guest Post)

29 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit April 9, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Love those stinking cute yellow flats!!! I need to try that dessert, asap, I have both of those things at home. This needs to happen!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..Snack Attack {My Go-To Snacks}

30 Nancy April 9, 2014 at 3:25 pm

This is totally random and off topic – but did you know your entire background is a bunch of movies ads from Target? Weird!

31 Elizabeth April 9, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Mmmmm the banana bread though with the brown sugar crust?! I’ve yet to try cookie butter because I’m scared to have a whole jar of the stuff laying around my house!

xx,
Elizabeth

32 Ellie@Fit for the soul April 9, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Ah, hope you feel better really soon! I can’t imagine how frustrating asthma can be. :(

And you’re tempting us!!! I haven’t had cookie butter in my house for a few months now, yay! But not I’m tempted to go get some. Ut-oh. :P
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Family Day in Hermosa Beach+Intentional Living

33 lovechocolatelife April 9, 2014 at 5:00 pm

that cookie dough pb and greek yogurt looks amaaaaazinggggg and something i need to try asapppppppp. umm and those peanut butter balls.. sweet tooth much over here?? ahh this pics are killin me :)

34 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely April 10, 2014 at 6:18 am

Your shoes are adorable! And those baggies, how genius is that?!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Accountability and an Extra Delicious Dinner

35 Pam S @ Nuts for Nutrition April 10, 2014 at 6:46 am

I think melted cookie butter can take any dessert to the next level! :)

36 erica April 10, 2014 at 3:45 pm

I tried that today! with the chocolate/cookie butter swirl. mind blown.
that is an AMAZING combination!!!!!!
erica recently posted..photo an hour

37 Jess @ Keeping It Real Food April 10, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Cookie dough coffee?! That sounds freaking awesome. I also love your idea of putting the cookie butter into yogurt—definitely want to try that. Thanks for the inspiration : )
Jess @ Keeping It Real Food recently posted..#TBT—Anatomy of a Packed Lunch

38 Amanda @ A Latte Learn April 10, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Your yellow flats are adorable! :) I had an amazing banana, peanut butter chocolate smoothie to satisfy my sweet tooth the other night. It was awesome because I feel so addicted to sugar that all I want is the really bad stuff usually, haha.
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..Staying Alive

39 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog April 10, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Okay I’m pretty sure that cookie butter thing is genius – like seriously I need to write it down style genius. Like I’m going to go to the store and get some cookie butter as soon as I get back from NY genius.

Anywho…so I have a problem. In my new job, I’m going to be marketing director of a coffee company that compete with Dunkin Donuts. I am not sure I will be going there anymore. CAN.YOU.BELIEVE.IT? I thought I’d never part with Dunkin…Maybe I’ll just try that cookie dough iced coffee before my start date…
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Why You Should Believe in Clichés

40 Cara April 12, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Oof, I know that nebulizer feeling all too well. :( I hope you’re feeling MUCH better ASAP! <3

Those portion-sized baggies are totally new to me. Very cool find!

41 Katy April 12, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Well, now my jar of coco cookie butter is screaming my name from the pantry! Definitely going to give it a try!!!
Katy recently posted..Flavor of the Week: Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

42 Ashley K April 13, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I love the food but OMG I love your yellow flats even more!! Where did you get those from?!

43 Courtney April 13, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Haha thank you! They came from Sole Society :)