Things I’m Loving Thursday

by Courtney on April 17, 2014

Pretty sure I’m only about the hundredth person to ever use that title for a blog post, so original I am not today. Forgive me.

But I was thinking last night about how there really are a bunch of random things I’ve been loving today, so I figured I’d share ‘em all with you guys. So these days, I’m loving…

*****

…you had to know I was going to include Lucas in any sort of post that includes “Things I’m Loving.” Right now, I’m in awe of just how quickly he’s moving around and becoming surprisingly strong.

Lucas

He had himself completely pulled up onto the dishwasher last night. Now I just need to figure out how to get him to help me put those dishes away… ;)

I also love just how crazy he’s been about books these days.

photo 3

He’s constantly going for them and gets ridiculously excited when we sit down and read with him.

He also gets ridiculously excited when they’re all stacked on the coffee table and he can stand up just to swipe them all off.

lucas books

It’s one of his new favorite games.

…good books. (Lucas isn’t the only one loving books these days). I recently finished Gone Girl for our Book Club, and we’ve decided that our next book is going to be Sharp Objects, also by Gillian Flynn.

Sharp-Objects

I’ve only just started it, but I can’t wait to dive deeper into this one. I have a feeling it’s gonna be a good one.

…this Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I used it a while ago but got out of the habit since it’s a bit of an expensive item that I suppose isn’t tooootally necessary.

But since I had a gift card to Sephora, it was fair game.

…a pop of bright, springy colors. I got this coral shirt on our recent outlet shopping trip and I just love how bright and cheery it is.

color

I wear a lot of black during the winter so it always feels nice to lighten things up a bit come spring.

…shrimp tacoooooos. We had them over the weekend and then again on Tuesday night.

shrimp tacos

So, so yummy.

…Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime.

DowntonAbbey1

Jay and I still comment almost every time we watch an episode on how shocked we are that we never started watching this show sooner. Thanks to our Amazon Prime subscription, we get to watch the series for free and right now we’re about 3/4 of the way through season 2. We’ll watch an episode whenever we have a free night and, man, we are just completely addicted.

…my first Stitch Fix(!!). I finally got my first “fix” delivered yesterday and am working through trying to decide what to keep and what to send back.

stitch fix

That shirt above is most likely a keeper, but I’ll share more about the other items tomorrow so you guys can help me decide what else I should keep. Decisions, decisions! On a different note, please disregard the mess that is my bedroom right now…it’s not on the top of my priority list at the moment. ;)

…this song.

I’m not sure if I have a connection to it because of the Flipagram I created a couple of months ago, but anytime I hear it, I just get overly happy and immediately think of the day that Lucas was born. I’m such a sap sometimes!

…cookie dough iced coffee from Dunkin.

IMG_5775_thumb

But really, does that surprise you even a little bit? No, I didn’t think it would. ;)

…new snacks. Thanks to Kristen’s instagram photo a few weeks ago, I’ve been loving the combination of a hardboiled egg + a wedge of The Laughing Cow cheese. I scoop it up with chips or crackers and it is a quick, convenient (and freakin’ delicious!) snack to have mid-afternoon.

snack

Aaaand, I think that about covers it for now!

What things have YOU guys been loving these days??

Happy Thursday almost Friday, my friends! ;)

1 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty April 17, 2014 at 10:23 am

He is becoming so adventurous!
I was thinking….how about you show us your stitch fix items and WE can help you decide what to keep?!!!
Happy Thursday, beautiful!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..We’re Talking Sunshine

2 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty April 17, 2014 at 10:24 am

Ok, duh I just reread that paragraph and that is EXACTLY what you were planning on doing! ;) SOrry about that!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..We’re Talking Sunshine

3 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 17, 2014 at 10:38 am

I can’t believe how big and grown up Lucas is!! Growing so fast. Enjoy your Thursday :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Fun Facts about The Boston Marathon

4 Kelsey April 17, 2014 at 10:39 am

OK, so how do you order your cookie dough iced coffee from DD? I was so excited to try one and when they asked if I wanted cream and sugar, I said OK because I thought it came with it – it came out so sickly sweet I couldn’t even drink it! P

5 Courtney April 17, 2014 at 10:48 am

I only order with skim milk! Perfect amount of sweetness for me :)

6 Chelsey April 17, 2014 at 10:46 am

Now why didn’t you share your sour puss photo that you sent to me last night? lol

I love the polka dot shirt – still waiting for those other three pics!

7 Courtney April 17, 2014 at 10:48 am

Bahaha maybe I will in tomorrow’s post ;-)

8 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat April 17, 2014 at 10:49 am

Love that pic of Lucas on the dishwasher door! He’s getting quite adventurous to say the least!

Downton Abbey is such a great show! Also, I’ve been dying to try out Stich Fix, but have yet to take the plunge. One of these days!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..My New Favorite Drink

9 Renee April 17, 2014 at 10:50 am

I would like to know how you order the cookie dough coffee, too! I went to DD and asked for one with skim milk, no sugar and it was so sweet and tasted like there was no coffee in it. I asked them to make it again with half the amount of syrup and it was still too sweet for me!
Renee recently posted..WIAW: Veggie Enchilada Stuffed Shells

10 Shel@PeachyPalate April 17, 2014 at 10:51 am

Meat! I never liked it as a child and now I can’t get enough..and fish! Also loving 5 minute leave in conditioners that leave your hair super glossy…and of course the bright nights and SLIGHTLY warmer temperatures! Love when kids get in to books, so much fun!

11 KatieS April 17, 2014 at 10:52 am

Can’t wait for the Gone Girl movie!

I liked Sharp Objects better than Gone Girl. Haven’t gotten around to Dark Places yet though.

12 Britt@MyOwnBalance April 17, 2014 at 11:05 am

Sharp Objects is so good. All her books are so creepy though! You have to read Dark Places next. Did you know the movie Gone Girl is coming out later this year? So excited for that!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Yoga For Strength and Flexibility

13 Stacey M. April 17, 2014 at 11:14 am

Well, I guess I’m just going to have to try out this new Dunkin’ iced coffee sooner than later! I think I’d probably have to order it the way you do … with skim milk only. Don’t want to be drinking my dessert!

Anyway, I hear ya about wearing black all winter long. I think just about every outfit I wear during the winter months has black in it! Time to liven things up a little for spring/summer. Coral is a great color.

Can’t wait to see what you got in your “Fix”! I’ve been loving blog posts dedicated to fun new clothes people have been getting. Self-proclaimed clothes shopping LOVER right here!

Lastly, Lucas is just the cutest. :)
I’m currently reading Gone Girl now … it’s taking me a while to get through it because I only get to read for ~ 30-45 minutes a night during the week. I’m really enjoying it though … it’s been a long time since I’ve read a book just for fun.

14 Laura April 17, 2014 at 11:39 am

I loved Gone Girl & am reading Dark Places by her now! Enjoy!

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles April 17, 2014 at 11:56 am

Sharp Objects was such a good book! I think I liked that one better than Gone Girl. I’m waiting for Dark Places to come in at the library now.

I’m loving that the snow we got a few days ago is gone and it actually feels like Spring again!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..5 Tips for Working At Home.

16 Polly @ Tasty Food Project April 17, 2014 at 11:56 am

That picture with Lucas on the dishwasher is so funny!!

I’ve never watched Downtown Abbey but I’ve heard good things about it. The show that I’m addicted to right now is The Big Bang Theory! It’s hilarious!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Lime and Cumin Salmon & Meet Your New Volunteer!

17 Linz @ Itz Linz April 17, 2014 at 12:07 pm

i’ve obviously been loving my new baby william!!! that will never get old!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Urban Maternity Photo Shoot

18 Bethany Houston April 17, 2014 at 12:16 pm

I loveeeee me some Downton Abbey! Totally addicted. Not saying anything- but season three and four is AmaZinG!

19 Brynn April 17, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I love Smashbox primer, it really smooths out my skin. Sometimes those pricy items are worth it if it makes you look like you’re rested and ready for the day ;)
Brynn recently posted..Double Chocolate No Bake Cookies

20 Courtney April 17, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Well, I feel like nothing ever makes me look rested these days ;) but I do enjoy how it makes my skin nice and smooth!

21 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork April 17, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Good to know about Gillian’s new book. I read Gone Girl and really enjoyed it. Will have to add that to my long list of books to read. So adorable that your son is loving books! Love it!
Stitch Fix top looks adorable on you. And thanks for the snack idea! Trying to mix up my usual apple + peanut/sunflower/almond butter snack.
I’m loving a new song. Hozier’s “Take Me to Church” (The lyrics are about loving someone to the point of worshipping them, like a god.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYSVMgRr6pw
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Listening to Your Body

22 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives April 17, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Besides my wonderful little one (Ethan), I am loving dried fruit and dark chocolate, lol. It’s one of my fave/only sweet snacks during the day – I particularly love dark chocolate blueberries and dark chocoloate pomengranates. Yum!! Also loving bright spring colors – love your coral shirt! Nice!!
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..One Month Update

23 Chrissy @ Pink Polish and Running Shoes April 17, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Sharp Objects is my favorite Gillian Flynn book. I could not put it down. Happy reading!

24 Julianna Foster April 17, 2014 at 3:46 pm

i love that song by american authors! seriously the best song to play in the morning when i’m getting ready. also — totally wishing there was DD out here in socal, i’m dying to try that cookie dough iced coffee!
Julianna Foster recently posted..50 Shades of Fit Featured Blogger Series

25 Katy April 17, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Right now I am loving…. Cookies and Cream frozen yogurt, Shock Top Lemon Shandy, NHL playoffs, and Awkward.
Katy recently posted..A Look Inside an April Tasterie Box

26 Nala April 17, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I really like your post – things Im loving thursday!! I must say I love your spring buys – the coral top is really vibrant. I also really love the polka dot top – I have been on the lookout for one like it =) I never thought of trying a cream cheese egg dip, I should try it some time. Lucas is as adorable as ever!

27 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog April 18, 2014 at 6:56 am

I finally tried that Cookie Dough Iced Coffee from Dunkin…still can’t decide how I feel. Like it, but do I love it? I just don’t know :-)

Lucas is growing up so fast!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..A Return to NYC

28 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 18, 2014 at 10:01 am

Lucas is so cute and I love that he’s a little reader! :-)

Can’t wait to see what else you got in your Stitch Fix!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Mid-Week Check In + Ask Me Anything?

29 Patty April 18, 2014 at 10:07 am

I picked up Gone Girl after you had mentioned it and i thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn’t love the ending but I liked how it was different then the way most books go.

I understand your latest addition to cookie dough ice coffee…its just soo good.

30 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely April 18, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Being a former teacher, I know you’re loving the bookworm in Lucas.

I LOVE your entire outfit, and I’ve been loving spring colors lately too! Funny story, I have a friend of a friend who’s boyfriend is the lead in American Authors! So, I totally count that as knowing him. ;-)
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Plans, Pins, and Posts–Round 2

31 kristen @ livinlifeinlouie April 18, 2014 at 9:18 pm

My mom and I LOVE downton! Wait till next season, Some big stuff happens :)