Things I’m Loving Thursday

Pretty sure I’m only about the hundredth person to ever use that title for a blog post, so original I am not today. Forgive me.

But I was thinking last night about how there really are a bunch of random things I’ve been loving today, so I figured I’d share ‘em all with you guys. So these days, I’m loving…

*****

…you had to know I was going to include Lucas in any sort of post that includes “Things I’m Loving.” Right now, I’m in awe of just how quickly he’s moving around and becoming surprisingly strong.

Lucas

He had himself completely pulled up onto the dishwasher last night. Now I just need to figure out how to get him to help me put those dishes away… ;)

I also love just how crazy he’s been about books these days.

photo 3

He’s constantly going for them and gets ridiculously excited when we sit down and read with him.

He also gets ridiculously excited when they’re all stacked on the coffee table and he can stand up just to swipe them all off.

lucas books

It’s one of his new favorite games.

…good books. (Lucas isn’t the only one loving books these days). I recently finished Gone Girl for our Book Club, and we’ve decided that our next book is going to be Sharp Objects, also by Gillian Flynn.

Sharp-Objects

I’ve only just started it, but I can’t wait to dive deeper into this one. I have a feeling it’s gonna be a good one.

…this Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I used it a while ago but got out of the habit since it’s a bit of an expensive item that I suppose isn’t tooootally necessary.

But since I had a gift card to Sephora, it was fair game.

…a pop of bright, springy colors. I got this coral shirt on our recent outlet shopping trip and I just love how bright and cheery it is.

color

I wear a lot of black during the winter so it always feels nice to lighten things up a bit come spring.

…shrimp tacoooooos. We had them over the weekend and then again on Tuesday night.

shrimp tacos

So, so yummy.

…Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime.

DowntonAbbey1

Jay and I still comment almost every time we watch an episode on how shocked we are that we never started watching this show sooner. Thanks to our Amazon Prime subscription, we get to watch the series for free and right now we’re about 3/4 of the way through season 2. We’ll watch an episode whenever we have a free night and, man, we are just completely addicted.

…my first Stitch Fix(!!). I finally got my first “fix” delivered yesterday and am working through trying to decide what to keep and what to send back.

stitch fix

That shirt above is most likely a keeper, but I’ll share more about the other items tomorrow so you guys can help me decide what else I should keep. Decisions, decisions! On a different note, please disregard the mess that is my bedroom right now…it’s not on the top of my priority list at the moment. ;)

…this song.

I’m not sure if I have a connection to it because of the Flipagram I created a couple of months ago, but anytime I hear it, I just get overly happy and immediately think of the day that Lucas was born. I’m such a sap sometimes!

…cookie dough iced coffee from Dunkin.

IMG_5775_thumb

But really, does that surprise you even a little bit? No, I didn’t think it would. ;)

…new snacks. Thanks to Kristen’s instagram photo a few weeks ago, I’ve been loving the combination of a hardboiled egg + a wedge of The Laughing Cow cheese. I scoop it up with chips or crackers and it is a quick, convenient (and freakin’ delicious!) snack to have mid-afternoon.

snack

Aaaand, I think that about covers it for now!

What things have YOU guys been loving these days??

Happy Thursday almost Friday, my friends! ;)

Comments

1. Kelsey says

OK, so how do you order your cookie dough iced coffee from DD? I was so excited to try one and when they asked if I wanted cream and sugar, I said OK because I thought it came with it – it came out so sickly sweet I couldn’t even drink it! P

Now why didn’t you share your sour puss photo that you sent to me last night? lol

I love the polka dot shirt – still waiting for those other three pics!

I would like to know how you order the cookie dough coffee, too! I went to DD and asked for one with skim milk, no sugar and it was so sweet and tasted like there was no coffee in it. I asked them to make it again with half the amount of syrup and it was still too sweet for me!
    Renee recently posted..WIAW: Veggie Enchilada Stuffed Shells

Meat! I never liked it as a child and now I can’t get enough..and fish! Also loving 5 minute leave in conditioners that leave your hair super glossy…and of course the bright nights and SLIGHTLY warmer temperatures! Love when kids get in to books, so much fun!

5. KatieS says

Can’t wait for the Gone Girl movie!

I liked Sharp Objects better than Gone Girl. Haven’t gotten around to Dark Places yet though.

6. Stacey M. says

Well, I guess I’m just going to have to try out this new Dunkin’ iced coffee sooner than later! I think I’d probably have to order it the way you do … with skim milk only. Don’t want to be drinking my dessert!

Anyway, I hear ya about wearing black all winter long. I think just about every outfit I wear during the winter months has black in it! Time to liven things up a little for spring/summer. Coral is a great color.

Can’t wait to see what you got in your “Fix”! I’ve been loving blog posts dedicated to fun new clothes people have been getting. Self-proclaimed clothes shopping LOVER right here!

Lastly, Lucas is just the cutest. :)
    I’m currently reading Gone Girl now … it’s taking me a while to get through it because I only get to read for ~ 30-45 minutes a night during the week. I’m really enjoying it though … it’s been a long time since I’ve read a book just for fun.

7. Bethany Houston says

I loveeeee me some Downton Abbey! Totally addicted. Not saying anything- but season three and four is AmaZinG!

• Courtney says

Well, I feel like nothing ever makes me look rested these days ;) but I do enjoy how it makes my skin nice and smooth!

Good to know about Gillian’s new book. I read Gone Girl and really enjoyed it. Will have to add that to my long list of books to read. So adorable that your son is loving books! Love it!
    Stitch Fix top looks adorable on you. And thanks for the snack idea! Trying to mix up my usual apple + peanut/sunflower/almond butter snack.
    I’m loving a new song. Hozier’s “Take Me to Church” (The lyrics are about loving someone to the point of worshipping them, like a god.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYSVMgRr6pw
    Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Listening to Your Body

Besides my wonderful little one (Ethan), I am loving dried fruit and dark chocolate, lol. It’s one of my fave/only sweet snacks during the day – I particularly love dark chocolate blueberries and dark chocoloate pomengranates. Yum!! Also loving bright spring colors – love your coral shirt! Nice!!
    Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..One Month Update

10. Nala says

I really like your post – things Im loving thursday!! I must say I love your spring buys – the coral top is really vibrant. I also really love the polka dot top – I have been on the lookout for one like it =) I never thought of trying a cream cheese egg dip, I should try it some time. Lucas is as adorable as ever!

11. Patty says

I picked up Gone Girl after you had mentioned it and i thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn’t love the ending but I liked how it was different then the way most books go.

I understand your latest addition to cookie dough ice coffee…its just soo good.