Fun Facts Friday {4/25}

by Courtney on April 25, 2014

1. I can’t tell you how many times in a day/week I type “Thank You.” And out of those times that I type it out, I’d have to say that at least 95% of the time I wind up typing THank you and need to go back and fix the “H.” I need to lay my finger off the darn shift key, apparently.

2. I think I may be just as obsessed with the White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bars as I am the Cookie Dough ones. Man, they are good.

photo 3

3. Sooo, I got a spray tan on Wednesday night in an effort to ward off the “pasty” look I’ve been sporting for this video shoot I have going on today. Weeelll, let’s just say that my right hand and palms have seen better days.

photo 1photo 2

I guess my near-perfect track record with spray tans has been put to an end. Oooof.

4. Not gonna lie…I also felt like a bit of a celebrity yesterday as I got picked up to go to the train station for my trip down to NYC.

I was shocked when I walked outside my house yesterday to see a full size limo waiting for me in the driveway. Now, call me crazy, but I’m pretty sure I could get used to that. As a side note, I’m going to try to Instagram a bit while I’m down here today, so be sure to follow me!

5. For the past few days, I have been craving a burger from Ship’s Pub. I don’t know why, but all I know is that I need one. Like, this weekend. Mmmmkay, Jay?? And then I’d like to top it off with this dessert. Oh, heck yes.

6. I cannot wait to get back home tonight and see my Lucas. Yes, it’s been less than 24 hours, but I miss that sweet boy to pieces.

lucas bubbles

Oh yeah, and he loves bubbles.

7. The amount of new hair growth I have on my head right now is unreal. (It’s all starting to grow back now, after the ungodly amount that fell out shortly after Lucas was born). I feel like it just looks like I took a pair of scissors to my hairline and went to town.

8. This week got crazy busy on me, and I have zero opportunities for any workouts. These days, it looks like I’m more of a “weekend workout warrior,” but I suppose that’s better than nothing, right? Someday I’ll get back in my groove. Someday!

9. I spent too much time typing some of this post up on the train and am now dealing with the inevitable motion sickness I knew would happen. Blech! Time to close the eyes…

Have a fabulous Friday, my friends! Check ya later Winking smile

1 Brynn April 25, 2014 at 6:39 am

I am equally obsessed with the White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bars. But you have to try the cookies and cream. Think Quest bar + Oreos…so good!

How fun to be whisked away in a limo! Looks like the trip is lots of fun.
Brynn recently posted..Slow it Down

2 Lauren April 25, 2014 at 7:15 am

Hope your trip is going well. I’m so tempted to get a spray tan right now seeing as I’ve never been this pasty in my life. You never know how it will turn out though so it’s always a little nerve-wracking.

Safe travels back home hun!

3 Heather @fitncookiesa April 25, 2014 at 7:19 am

Can’t wait to hear what’s going on today in NYC :) What a fantastic way to go to the train station!! You’ll be back with lucas soon enough :)
Heather @fitncookiesa recently posted..Two Steps Behind

4 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork April 25, 2014 at 7:19 am

I’m pretty sure I do the same think with thank you all the time. Must be in our nature. ;-)
Can’t wait to hear about your trip! Ugh…motion sickness is the worst!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Quick and Easy Zucchini Boats

5 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie April 25, 2014 at 7:21 am

I had a horrible experience with spray tans. They look great for one day and then its all downhill.

Have a great trip in NYC!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Life Lessons from The Office

6 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine April 25, 2014 at 7:53 am

I’ve been wanting to try Questbars! I hear they are fantastic. Have a fantastic trip!!

7 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles April 25, 2014 at 8:05 am

That would definitely be a good way to travel around on a regular basis ;-) Have fun this weekend!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 04/25/14.

8 Jess @ dearhealthyness April 25, 2014 at 8:44 am

oh the THank you… I know the feeling, not only with thank you, but maaaaaaaany times. It’s the shift not me ;)
PS. anyone can get used to a limo :P
Jess @ dearhealthyness recently posted..My Kitchen Appliances Wish List

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat April 25, 2014 at 8:45 am

The white chocolate raspberry quest bar is one of my favs too! It’s SO good heated up in the microwave for 10 seconds!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..My Favorite Meal of the Day

10 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 25, 2014 at 8:59 am

Wow a Limo!? Now THAT is traveling in style! Have fun!!

11 Polly @ Tasty Food Project April 25, 2014 at 9:05 am

I haven’t tried the white chocolate raspberry Quest bars but I’ve heard great things about it! I like their chocolate peanut butter bars!

12 Kelsey April 25, 2014 at 9:15 am

I do the exact same thing writing THank you all the time – I wish there was an autocorrect on that in my email! So annoying! haha!

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 25, 2014 at 9:24 am

I’m excited to hear about your trip and live vicariously through you! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..BRTR Training Week 8

14 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List April 25, 2014 at 9:38 am

i hear those super short bang are in style. :) :)
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..currently: april

15 Britt@MyOwnBalance April 25, 2014 at 10:11 am

I make that typing mistake all the time! Yikes. Hope you had fun in NYC!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Friday’s Food & Fitness: Sweet Potatoes + Zumba

16 Ali April 25, 2014 at 10:21 am

How was your first night away from the baby?! I have a nearly 14 month old and I still havent’ had the opportunity to get away yet. I want to, but I’m also nervous.

17 Angie @ Pint of Goals April 25, 2014 at 11:12 am

My new hair growth is in the same place! It looks like I’m growing bangs :( The hairs are finally getting long enough that they blend into my other hair but every so often a chunk sticks straight out. Ugh! I miss my thick, lucisous hair when I was pregnant.
Have a great weekend!

18 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed April 25, 2014 at 11:16 am

Acetone will take that color out, lovely lady!
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Head+Wall

19 Lynn April 25, 2014 at 11:18 am

Side note, LOVE those shoes!! What/who are they??

20 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries April 25, 2014 at 11:46 am

I’m still working on that new hair growth on my head too. Fortunately, it’s gotten to a point that they aren’t “horns” and I can hide them in the rest of my hair. Ha!

I’ve always been nervous to get a spray tan. I think I’ve heard too many horror stories to attempt one!

Looking forward to hearing all about your NYC adventures!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Success Story: Katie

21 Kim @Fitsique April 25, 2014 at 1:07 pm

White Chocolate Raspberry= two thumbs up! I have been on the double chocolate chunk kick lately but my next box I’m going to have to go back to WCR. Do you spray tan in a machine or have the lady spray you? I have always done it where someone sprays you and it always comes out great!
Kim @Fitsique recently posted..How To Start, And Stick To A Fitness Program

22 Shel@PeachyPalate April 25, 2014 at 3:18 pm

You made me laugh out loud at least three times! Yay for hair growth, do you know how many people take pills to help their hair grow? Be delighted! :) Hope your not missing the little man too much…and when you get a burger craving…it NEEDS to be satisfied!

23 Nala April 25, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Congrats on your video shoot! I am sure riding around in a limo is something anyone can get used to =) I completely understand your dilemma with the workouts, except for one day, I haven’t worked out for the past week and a half. I know you can’t wait to get home and see Jay and Lucas!

24 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely April 25, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I always think I can squeeze in a bit of work before the motion sickness sets in – I’m usually wrong. :-( What a fun way to kick off your NYC weekend!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Friday Favorites {4/25/14}

25 Rebeca @ Strength and Sunshine April 25, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Haha, I do the same thing when typing “THank you”…well actually I do that with a lot of words, haha!

26 Hilary April 25, 2014 at 7:23 pm

I am obsessed with the WCR Quest Bar too! Nothing is better than those chunks of white chocolate!
Hilary recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #12

27 Jenn@Mark My Miles! April 26, 2014 at 8:03 am

Following you on Instagram and you look beautiful for your shoot!
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..Stay at home parents, I need your help!

28 Runner Girl Eats April 26, 2014 at 9:59 am

I absolutely love riding in a limo and swear it never ever gets old. It’s impossible to not feel fancy in one :) have fun!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..A week of workout recaps and buying groceries in Narnia

29 Danica @ It's Progression April 26, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Hope you’re having a great trip! It sounds like a blast.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Friday Favorites 4.25.14 (and giveaway winners)