Fun Facts Friday {5/9}

1. My “Coffee Friday” habit is starting to become more of a “Coffee Every Weekday” habit. It’s bad, guys. Real bad.

2. Believe it or not, yesterday was the first time I’ve ever been able to sit out in the grass with Lucas (well, Lucas sat in the grass…I can’t without breaking out in rashes). It was an absolutely gorgeous day, so I brought him out as soon as we got home.

lucas

He wasn’t quite sure what to think of it at first but he was crawling all around in no time.

3. Yesterday’s dinner? AMAZING. Jay cooked us burgers and asparagus on the grill, both of which were absolutely delicious. The burger looks tiny thanks to ginormous bun it’s sitting on, but they were each 1/3lb burgers, topped with provolone, bacon, and sauteed onions.

dinner

Served along with a glass of wine.

4. Actually, I lied. Two glasses of wine. They were necessary yesterday.

5. Lucas has this habit of rubbing his entire face as soon as he has food in his hands. It’s hilarious and makes me cringe every single time. Yesterday was cottage cheese.

lucas

Which  he is a big fan of, by the way. Then again, there aren’t many foods this boy is not a fan of.

6. So my race is less than a week away. Ask me when the last time was that I ran…

7. Have you guys heard of #HackTheMenu? It’s a site that shares all of the secret menu items that various restaurants have. For example, did you guys know that Starbucks has a Cake Batter Frappuccino?! The site is amazing…I’m hooked.

8. I got my first (early) Mother’s Day gift from Lucas!!

mother's day flower pot

Our babysitter gave it to me (she made it with him…for him? Eh, you know what I mean).

mother's day gift

Apparently I was a bit emotional because I totally teared up after receiving it. Then again, it IS my first Mother’s Day gift as a mom! :) I just love, love, love it.

9. So I promise, I’m finally going to be working on my glamping recap post this weekend (along with Lucas’s 9 month post…I’m so behind!). Hopefully I’ll actually be able to get them done. I need, like, at least four extra hours tacked on to the end of every day. Good grief.

Alright friends, I’m off! Have a fantastic weekend — and to the moms out there, have a wonderful Mother’s Day! :)

xoxo

Comments

1. amelia @i_heart_kale says

Happy 1st mother’s day to you!!! :) Lucas is so adorable and did a fantastic job on that flower pot. Love the cottage cheese picture. ;)
    Oh my, yeah that Starbucks website is full of ideas. My iced Americanos were turning into daily indulgences rather than occasional. I finally made time on Sundays to brew a strong & dark batch of coffee for the week. Now, every morning I just add ice to my tervis, then coffee and cream. I also purchased fun flavored creamers and vanilla bean powder off Amazon (like the Starbucks kind). If I have extra time, ill even throw it all in the vitamix (1/3 cream 1/3 coffee and 1/3 ice) for a frozen treat. I won’t even tell you that a scoop of vanilla ice cream makes it extra tasty. Happy Friday :)

SO cute he is! Rocco doesn’t like cottage cheese, but everything else he pretty much loves! I really can’t believe our boys will be one soon! Crazy!

Love the 2 glasses of wine, haha! I am for surely enjoying wine tonight and tomorrow, so excited!

And, the gift is SO sweet! Happy First Mother’s Day to you! Our sitter was on vacation this week, but she always does the sweetest things for holidays with Rocco! I think it is nice when you have a sitter that does that.

Happy weekend!

3. kristina says

I actually work for starbucks–so i checked out that link…the cake batter recipe actually calls for almond syrup–we don’t have almond syrup..they had it over 6 years ago..but not anymore…sad day. must be an old site that hasn’t been updated.

Ugh, I’m the same way with allergies! I was working out earlier this week in our living room. We have a shag rug and I hadn’t vacuumed it recently. After doing supermans and roll-overs and planks, I took a shower only to find my face and arms breaking out in a rash. It’s still not pretty (it’s now all dry skin), but hoping it will die down in a few days.
    Congrats on your first Mother’s Day! Enjoy Sunday!
    Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Friday Favorite: Yogi Tea

We’re celebrating Mother’s Day as moms for the 1st time, so crazy that it doesn’t sink in! :D And that burger looks lusciously delicious…Jay is a seriously great cook! And what’s up with babies always rubbing everything when their hands are dirty with food? My daughter manages to rub her hair like she’s lathering on shampoo, hahahaha.
    ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Priceless Lessons from My Mentor

What an adorable Mother’s Day gift and Happy first Mother’s Day!!!!

Also I’m justifying my daily Starbucks habit by telling myself that the new inspirational quotes on the Oprah coffee sleeves is an essential part of my day…. haha
    Kelly recently posted..I’d rather be happy

Happy Mother’s Day for Sunday?! I assume! We had ours (in Ireland) in March! Go cold turkey on the coffee and put all the money in a jar…have something in mind to buy with the money you save in a few weeks time as an incentive!

Happy First Mother’s Day!! Hope it’s as wonderful as you are. Maybe you’ll get breakfast in bed, with a side Lucas! My daughter always likes to do cereal, toast and OJ for my treat. It’s the cutest thing. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Melissa@forloveandtravel recently posted..Twisted X Brewing Co.

9. Monica says

I got the same thing from my daughter’s daycare! The little feet butterfly on a pot! :) So cute, isn’t it?