Weekend (& Mother’s Day) Highlights {5/12}

by Courtney on May 12, 2014

Hey hey! Good morning! It was such a great weekend, so let’s skip the small talk intros and just get right to it. First things first, I’m pretty sure this is now my new favorite family photo right here.

I’m ready to blow it up onto the biggest canvas print Groupon/Living Social deal I can get my hands on. But anyways, we’ll backtrack a bit to Saturday…

Lucas let us sleep in until 7:30am on Saturday morning so I’m pretty sure that we all woke up feeling like we’d just won the lottery. It was a rainy morning, so we lazed around, ready some stories, folded some laundry, sat in the laundry…

Jay also made us some pretty awesome egg sammies for breakfast. It had been SO long since I’d had one.

After Lucas’s morning nap, him and I left daddy at home and went and ran some errands at Babies ‘R’ Us and BJ’s. Lucas got a new water table (this one, in case you’re curious), some diapers, and a couple new outfits, and mommy got cupcakes and crumb cakes. I don’t know about you, but I’d say I totally won that one.

Last week, I received a gift card to BJ’s Wholesale Club to purchase some goodies of my choosing from their new, exclusive line of Crumbs Bake Shop items. (All 201 club locations in 15 states carry a variety of items including signature cupcakes, ice cream cupcakes, ice cream sheet cakes and Crumbnuts— a cross between a croissant and a donut!).

My local store only had two items when I went on Saturday so, of course, I had to get them both. The crumb cakes are so freakin’ good, with that whole fancy layer of frosting they have going on in there.

IMG_7143IMG_7146

But the cupcakes? Oh. Myyyy.

All I’ll say is, if you’re a BJ’s member, go get them. Like, now. Trust me.

When we got home, we saw that Jay had put up Lucas’s new swing!

Somebody was pretty excited.

Almost as excited as I was about the fact that Jay and I managed to avoid ordering take-out and actually made something at home. Something delicious.

Grilled chicken sandwiches with provolone, avocado, bacon, and tomato with lots of fries. Mmm, mmmmm.

******

And then it was Sunday. Mother’s Dayyyyyy!

Jay went out nice and early and treated me to a cookie dough iced coffee from Dunkin’, along with a few blueberry munchkins (since, you know, they’re my favorite).

A couple of hours later, my in-laws came over for brunch. My wonderful husband made my favorite Overnight French Toast and Egg Strata, and my mother-in-law made some awesome cheesy potatoes.

Oh, and there were mimosas. My #1 request for Mother’s Day brunch. Mmmhmmm.

Brunch. Was. So. So. So. Good.

And the rest of the afternoon was even better.

Our cool dude was lovin’ him some sunglasses yesterday and it was cracking us right up.

IMG_7212IMG_7213

A few hours later we packed it up and headed to my parents’ house for an early dinner. We sat outside, enjoyed the beautiful weather, and drank some booze.

Lucas was angry he couldn’t wear his sunglasses inside.

And the meal was out of this world. Grilled chicken, the most amazing kick-ass rice that I need to share the recipe for SOON, pasta salad, coleslaw, and cornbread.

An after-dinner stroll around the neighborhood and a few marathon crawling/walking sessions around the house and it was time to say our goodbyes and head back home.

For it being my first Mother’s Day, I’d say it was absolutely perfect.

I am so incredibly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life, but this little boy takes the cake. That, my friends, is the face of a boy who has stolen my heart. <3

Although I’m a day late, I’m wishing all of my fellow mamas out there a very happy (and belated) Mother’s Day and I hope everyone else had a great weekend! What was happening for you?? Do anything fun? Smile

1 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 12, 2014 at 6:40 am

I was just at BJ’s last weekend and I didn’t notice the Crumbs products! Although I do try to avoid the dessert section because I pretty much want to throw everything in my cart! I’ll have to look for these–I LOVE Crumbs cupcakes!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday Snapshots – 5/11

2 Lauren May 12, 2014 at 7:10 am

Looks like the perfect Mother’s Day! So glad you were celebrated by the ones you love!

3 Brynn May 12, 2014 at 7:14 am

What a sweet picture in the swing! And happy Mother’s Day to you! I celebrated Momma-to-be day. My husband treated me to a day of feeling like a queen. It was so sweet and I received lots of love from my friends and family. What a wonderful day.
Brynn recently posted..My First Mother’s Day

4 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie May 12, 2014 at 7:22 am

That is a perfect family photo! I need to get my hand on some Crumbs cupcakes! I can’t wait to get up to NYC in a few weeks and eat like 10!

5 Heather @fitncookies May 12, 2014 at 7:43 am

Oh my gosh that picture is way too adorable. Lucas is too adorable! Your weekend looks amazing! What a great first mother’s Day :)
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Early Birthday Celebrations

6 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork May 12, 2014 at 7:47 am

Looks like a wonderful weekend. Happy first Mother’s Day!
Those cupcakes look amazing! I’m both sad, but also slightly happy they don’t come gluten-free.
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Friday Favorite: Yogi Tea

7 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 12, 2014 at 7:51 am

So seeing as I haven’t eaten breakfast yet, I’m literally drooling over all your delicious weekended eats, especially those cupcakes! I’m pretty certain I could’ve eaten all those myself! ;-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..32 Things That Make ME Happy

8 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers May 12, 2014 at 7:59 am

That sounds like a fantastic weekend. He is just such a happy and photogenic little guy! I really enjoyed brunch on Sunday with the fam, and then during Ethan’s afternoon nap, the hubby and I had a couple extra mimosas outside on the porch. Ahhhh, t’was fabulous!
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Marvelous in My Mother’s Day

9 Kelly May 12, 2014 at 8:41 am

My 7 year old was so excited to make me breakfast…which consisted simply of a bowl of fruit topped with cinnamon. Honestly it was the perfect breakfast. :) So sweet of him.
Kelly recently posted..birthday weekend

10 Purely Twins May 12, 2014 at 8:42 am

Looked the a perfect Mothers Day ;)

love the sunglasses! he is too cute

11 Shel@PeachyPalate May 12, 2014 at 9:23 am

Awesome eats! I’m loving all things chicken and avocado! We had mothers day back in March (in Ireland)..so nothing this weekend! :) Which was your favourite cupcake??

12 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun May 12, 2014 at 9:49 am

Glad you had a WONDERFUL Mother’s Day! Those cupcakes look delicious!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Pick Yourself Back Up

13 Jess @dearhealthyness May 12, 2014 at 9:54 am

Love the family photo!!! As soon as I visit a BJ’s I’ll make sure to check out the cupcakes, they look delish!!
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..Miami Life

14 Ali May 12, 2014 at 9:57 am

What a nice Mother’s Day! We were covered in a ton of snow over in Denver, so it didn’t quite feel like Mother’s Day, but it was still nice nonetheless. Aiden loves his little swing like that too…

15 Jenn@Mark My Miles! May 12, 2014 at 10:23 am

Looks like a fabulous weekend. So glad that you were able to spend it with your little one and other family members!!!
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..It’s Mamalete Day!

16 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire May 12, 2014 at 10:27 am

Happy First Mother’s Day! I think baby sunglasses are one of the top three cutest things in the world. So glad to see you had an amazing day with your boys! :)
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..A Typical Lazy Sunday

17 Erin @ She's a big star May 12, 2014 at 10:28 am

Love all the photos… and allll of that food looks delicious! Yum!!
Erin @ She’s a big star recently posted..Mother’s Day – Weekend Recap

18 Stacey M. May 12, 2014 at 10:46 am

So glad you had an awesome weekend and a fabulous Mother’s Day! All of your eats and activities look great. I’m so glad the weather cooperated this weekend as well … upstate New York had some AMAZING sunshine!

19 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 12, 2014 at 10:53 am

Happy (belated) Mother’s Day, Court! Looks like you had a wonderful day! Your little guy is so adorable in his cool sunglasses!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Since My Half Marathon…

20 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 12, 2014 at 11:28 am

Cheesy potatoes are definitely one of the BEST things ever! I look forward to them every holiday :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Chickpea and Raspberry Salad Endive Boats

21 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health May 12, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I bet it feels so good to be the mother of that unbelievably adorable baby boy! The sunglasses are killing me!!

I don’t think they have BJ’s on the west coast but I’m wishing they did right about now. Those cupcakes look insane!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Spring Potato Salad with Vinegar and Dill

22 Jolynn May 12, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Time out. Is Lucas standing up on his own?!
Jolynn recently posted..Easter Recap

23 Courtney May 12, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Hahaha, oh yes, he definitely is!

24 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 12, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Definitely looks like a fabulous mother’s day! And Lucas in his sunglasses is pretty much the most adorable thing ever.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..A Marvelous and Busy Weekend.

25 Erin m. May 12, 2014 at 2:00 pm

What a cutie Lucas is! Happy first official mother’s day!

26 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment May 12, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Looks like you enjoyed your 1st mother’s day!
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted..Best Detox Tips

27 Polly @ Tasty Food Project May 12, 2014 at 4:28 pm

All of the pictures of sweets is making me crave for dessert! Glad you had a wonderful weekend!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Mini Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes

28 Nancy May 12, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Wait I just rememebred that this was your FIRST mothers day!!! I’m so glad you had a nice weekend, and that photo of Lucas wearing his shades definitely made me smile!!
Nancy recently posted..Another year older

29 Nicole May 12, 2014 at 4:39 pm

WOW!! What a tremendous mothers’ day!! Everything looked so wonderful and fun!!

30 Catherine @ foodiecology May 12, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! All that food looks fantastic, and Lucas is super adorable. Love his shades. :-)
Happy 1st Mother’s Day to you!
Catherine @ foodiecology recently posted..Pregnancy: Week 17

31 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely May 12, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Looks like a pretty perfect first Mother’s Day! Lucas in those glasses just kills me! He’s absolutely precious!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Mother’s Day Weekend in Photos

32 Suzanne @ Mrs Mix It May 12, 2014 at 6:18 pm

The food within this blog post looks so darn good!!! The cupcakes, the chicken sandwich and the brunch….oh my!!! It looks like you had a very wonderful and deserving first Mother’s Day!
Suzanne @ Mrs Mix It recently posted..Weekend Recap{Mother’s Day Special}

33 Annette@FitnessPerks May 12, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Those cupcakes!!!! WANT.

You always have the best food photos & food around!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..A Zevia Dinner Party