Weekend Highlights, My Second Fix, & Weekly Meal Planning

by Courtney on May 19, 2014

It’s suddenly Sunday night and I’m sitting here thinking,

a) how the heck did we already get to Sunday night?

b) how did I only take about 2 photos all weekend long?

c) I’m ready for some ice cream right now

d) That post title is a bit ridiculous

e) I should reeeeally try to get to bed on time tonight

And in case you’re wondering, no, those aren’t multiple choice for you to guess. I really am thinking all of those.

So yes, here we are at Sunday evening. Man, did this weekend fly! We didn’t have much of anything going on, although we did have some plans fall through for Saturday night which was kind of a bummer (I know you’re probably not reading, but happy birthday, Joe!).

We were able to get some stuff done around the house, I did some solo grocery shopping, we watched the movie The Vow on tv (loved it!), and I even attempted to semi meal-prep and plan for the week.

I know, right? Crazy.

So as item b) states above, I really took like, no pics this weekend. That is, with the exception of tonight’s dinner. Mmm mmmm, was it good.

dinner

Jay made us cheeseburgers (with provolone, my fave!) and we had some fries and green beans to go along with ‘em. Thankfully, the little hawk that was circling us throughout the entire meal managed to watch from afar and let us eat without having to scarf everything down in five minutes flat.

lucas dinner

So although this technically came on Thursday, I still include it as a weekend highlight since I never got around to trying things on until Friday…I got my second Stitch Fix (<—referral link) and…I’m keeping it ALL!

This fix included four tops…I immediately liked the one on the left and the middle dolman top. The top on the right I’m so-so on but keeping because it’s cheaper to keep it than return it (if you buy all 5 items sent, you get a 25% discount!).

IMG_6442IMG_6444IMG_6447

The fourth top the sent is the spaghetti strap tank below. Honestly, this is something I would NEVER have picked out if I was out shopping, but it is totally growing on me. The more I look at it, the more I love it! I also got a pair of white denim skinnies, per my request.

IMG_6453IMG_6455

I’m keeping them, but I’m still not quite convinced I can pull them off. They’re a bit on the sheer side and, err, aren’t very forgiving when it comes to that lovely little thing called cellulite. Ehh…maybe it’s time to break out the Pilates DVD again. Winking smile

But seriously, between this fix and my first one, I’m totally impressed. Aaaaand I’ve got my third one scheduled!

Sooo, as if this post wasn’t random and all over the place enough as it is, let’s get even more random so I can share my attempt at our dinner meal plan for this week. I see fellow bloggers do this all. the. time. and I always think, man, I need to do that. Well, I’m giving it a shot this week…we’ll see how well we can stick to it.

This Week’s Dinner Plan:

Monday: Chicken Taco Salads

Tuesday: Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup

Wednesday: Brinner (breakfast for dinner) – eggs and/or pancakes!

Thursday: Grilled Pizza + side salads

Friday: Wing it/leftovers

Saturday: Wing it/Possibly out?

What’s on your menu plans this week??

*****

Alright guys, time to work on that whole getting to bed on time thing…catch ya later and have a great Monday!

1 Melissa May 19, 2014 at 6:15 am

It’s always nice to have low-key weekends now and then. :) I’ve been looking for awhile for a great pair of white skinnies but am super picky especially because they are so unforgiving, lol. They look great on you and the tops are adorable. Have a great Monday!

2 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine May 19, 2014 at 7:06 am

I LOVE the fourth top! Love it!

3 Emily May 19, 2014 at 7:06 am

Hi – I am interested in trying Stitch Fix. However, I am curious about the prices. Would you mind telling the prices or price range of the tops above?

4 Courtney May 20, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Sure! I ask that most of my items be in the $50-100 price range. Most of the ones above were between 48-78 (jeans were the most expensive, which I said I was okay with). Hope that helps!

5 Lauren May 19, 2014 at 7:11 am

Okay, I think I need to get on this Stitch Fix craze! As soon as I’m done with maternity clothes, I may have to give it a try. :)

So glad you had a wonderful weekend love!

6 Brynn May 19, 2014 at 7:14 am

1) I love the randomness
2) awesome fix including the spaghetti top and white pants
3) randomness can be good
4) making tacos this week and salmon with a spinach and pear salad

7 Carla May 19, 2014 at 7:31 am

AHH I LOVE YER RANDOM ALL OVERTHEPLACE posts and weekend.
they be just like my own.
Carla recently posted..Three ways I’m Miss. Piggy’s doppelgänger.

8 Emily May 19, 2014 at 8:23 am

hey, you and Kath from Kath Eats Real Food got the same chevron top! it looks so good on both of you :)

9 Kim @FITsique May 19, 2014 at 8:38 am

You look great in those white jeans! Wear them with pride girl! I bought some Strawberries at the farmer’s market yesterday so on the menu this week will be some type of strawberry rhubarb dessert :)
Kim @FITsique recently posted..How To Fit Flexible Dieting Into Your Life

10 brittany @ proteinandpumps May 19, 2014 at 8:47 am

The white denim skinny jeans are so cute. You look adorable in them!
brittany @ proteinandpumps recently posted..Meet the Ring Leader, Ana Maria Munoz

11 Ali May 19, 2014 at 8:49 am

I love your clothes! They are all so cute.

12 carol May 19, 2014 at 8:53 am

The skinny jeans look GREAT on you.

13 Julie May 27, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I 2nd that! Love the 4th top, too!

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 19, 2014 at 9:35 am

I love the skinny jeans on you! I love it all, actually – you definitely got a fantastic ‘fix’!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..FLTW: Roommate Expectation vs. Reality.

15 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 19, 2014 at 9:47 am

Sometimes those laid back weekends with little plans are the best ones! They’re so relaxing and refreshing!

I think you look awesome in skinny jeans and I really like that zigzag top!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..It’s a Liebster Kind of Day

16 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun May 19, 2014 at 9:56 am

Every time I read these I really want try StitchFix – look AMAZING!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Old Habits Die Hard

17 Jasmine Besin May 19, 2014 at 9:56 am

I love all those tops, they look so colourful and the jeans look great!

18 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health May 19, 2014 at 10:07 am

I think the one on the left is the cutest and I really love the white skinnies on you too. I can’t see any cellulite in the picture and I’m sure it’s not even noticeable.

I tried Stitchfix once about a year ago and I didn’t like anything they sent me. I think I’m just too picky.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Our Wedding: The Reception

19 Courtney May 19, 2014 at 10:51 am

Thanks! And no, you can’t see it in the photos, but it’s all good ;)

20 Shel@PeachyPalate May 19, 2014 at 10:08 am

They’re all gorgeous on you! Kath (Kath Eats Real Food) got the same top as you in her latest fix! The first one!

21 Sarah @ Sweet Miles May 19, 2014 at 10:11 am

I love the white skinny jeans, they look great on you dear! :) Also, that bottom tank top really is cute! It’s so different and fun!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..My Oatmeal: Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

22 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 19, 2014 at 10:18 am

Thanks for the dinner ideas! I don’t even want to think about dinner ideas for the week, so I need all the inspiration I can get.

And girlfriend, you’re totally rocking the white skinnies! I LOVE ‘em! Don’t be so hard on yourself. You look great.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Moving Weekend

23 Courtney May 19, 2014 at 10:50 am

Oh I’m not trying to be hard on myself…just matter of fact! ;)

24 Linz @ Itz Linz May 19, 2014 at 10:37 am

all really cute stitch fix items!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Weekend with William

25 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 19, 2014 at 11:35 am

I think that the pants look great on you and I bet the top on the right would also look great with them!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Barbecue Lentils with Roasted Root Vegetables over Cauliflower “Rice” (Vegan)

26 ellie @ fit for the soul May 19, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I really love that spaghetti strap top on you, it’s really colorful but chill lookin’! Also, I think you look good in those white pants because something about your complexion that makes white suit you very well. And that pastel green shirt, in my opinion, would be cute if you tucked it into your bottoms, or skirt of some sort. :)
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Baby Selah-Isms

27 Julia @ Must Come Hungry May 19, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I love all the items in your fix, you look so cute! My last stitch fix was absolutely horrible and I’m scared to try again…

28 Stacey M. May 19, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I love the dolman sleeve top, and I also like that spaghetti strap top too. I’m always afraid to try bold prints like that too, but I’ve been forcing myself to do it more often. You never know if you’ll like something unless you try it on and unfortunately, I’m often unwilling to try things on in the store.

I also love the white skinny jeans on you … I think you look great! But, I know how I would feel about the “sheerness” factor. If you don’t feel comfortable in them, you probably won’t wear them. Might it be worth looking for a pair that are a bit heavier? (Also, no worries about the cellulite … I have my share too and I know we’re not alone! At this point in my life, I have much bigger fish to fry. I’m sure you feel the same.)

29 Courtney May 20, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Hahaha, oh yes. MUCH bigger fish to fry. Amen, sister! ;)

30 Parita @ myinnershakti May 19, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I love the white skinny jeans! They are the perfect length which is hard to find! I also love the spaghetti strap top. Great fix!

31 Kaella May 19, 2014 at 2:39 pm

LOVE the white jeans and the first top is my favourite! I can’t wait until they open up Stitch Fix to us Canadians (or maybe I can, haha!!)

32 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment May 19, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Love the clothes! No set menu this week but I”m enjoying more smoothies and salads as the weather gets warmer!

33 Polly @ Tasty Food Project May 19, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Love that teal colored sleeveless top! That’s one of my favorite colors!

Looking at your meal plan for the week reminds me that I need to use my crockpot more often. That thing has been collecting dust for months!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Coconut Shrimp Curry and Quinoa Sweet Potato Boats

34 Jessica May 19, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I tried stitch fix after your first post about what you got, but the items I received just didn’t fit right. I decided to give it another try though, and I have another fix coming soon! I also wanted to tell you about this meal planning app I found a few months ago that I love! It is called Plan to Eat. It is really cool because you can copy and paste all your recipes (from like Pinterest, other blogs, websites) and you can upload your own recipes. Then when you “plan” a meal, from your recipe index, it fills out your shopping list with the ingredients you will need to make it. You should definitely check it out. I think they are still offering the first month free. :)

35 Courtney May 20, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I am definitely gonna check it out – thank you!!

36 Leigha @ Minougirl May 19, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I have got to get on this Stitch Fix bandwagon. Such. Cute. Stuff. I agree that this weekend flew by! It’s not like I did anything big, but just a ton of little things! Those skinnies look absolutely amazing. They really must take into account all of the measurements you send in!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..A Trip Down Memory Card Lane

37 Nancy May 19, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Those skinny white jeans look GREAT on you – but too bad as you said that they’re a little sheer. I purchased a pair of awesome white skinny’s at JCPenny last month for about $40, with no baggy knee / bum issues. You should try them out?
Nancy recently posted..Speck Products Giveaway

38 Courtney May 20, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Can’t beat $40!!

39 Jenny May 20, 2014 at 10:00 am

LOVE those jeans on you!!!
Jenny recently posted..Our Angel Baby

40 Bre & Ree May 20, 2014 at 11:49 am

That is the biggest dilemma I’m having with white jeans right now, trying to find a pair that are not in the slightest sheer (or weirdly thin that you can see the pocket outline). They do look great on you though, you can’t even tell their sheer. The tops are cute as well. I think the Stitch Fix thing sounds absolutely amazing. When I move back to the states, I’ll have to give it a try. Have a great week!
~Bre
Bre & Ree recently posted..on becoming girls gone sporty ambassadors

41 Lindsay May 20, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Cute stuff! I absolutely LOVE the spaghetti strap top. If you change your mind, I’ll buy it from ya. :)

42 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit May 20, 2014 at 2:42 pm

LOVE the pants! Keep, keep, keep!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..Food + Fitness {21 Day Fix, Turbo, Meal Plan}