Weekend Highlights, My Second Fix, & Weekly Meal Planning

It’s suddenly Sunday night and I’m sitting here thinking,

a) how the heck did we already get to Sunday night?

b) how did I only take about 2 photos all weekend long?

c) I’m ready for some ice cream right now

d) That post title is a bit ridiculous

e) I should reeeeally try to get to bed on time tonight

And in case you’re wondering, no, those aren’t multiple choice for you to guess. I really am thinking all of those.

So yes, here we are at Sunday evening. Man, did this weekend fly! We didn’t have much of anything going on, although we did have some plans fall through for Saturday night which was kind of a bummer (I know you’re probably not reading, but happy birthday, Joe!).

We were able to get some stuff done around the house, I did some solo grocery shopping, we watched the movie The Vow on tv (loved it!), and I even attempted to semi meal-prep and plan for the week.

I know, right? Crazy.

So as item b) states above, I really took like, no pics this weekend. That is, with the exception of tonight’s dinner. Mmm mmmm, was it good.

dinner

Jay made us cheeseburgers (with provolone, my fave!) and we had some fries and green beans to go along with ‘em. Thankfully, the little hawk that was circling us throughout the entire meal managed to watch from afar and let us eat without having to scarf everything down in five minutes flat.

lucas dinner

So although this technically came on Thursday, I still include it as a weekend highlight since I never got around to trying things on until Friday…I got my second Stitch Fix (<—referral link) and…I’m keeping it ALL!

This fix included four tops…I immediately liked the one on the left and the middle dolman top. The top on the right I’m so-so on but keeping because it’s cheaper to keep it than return it (if you buy all 5 items sent, you get a 25% discount!).

IMG_6442IMG_6444IMG_6447

The fourth top the sent is the spaghetti strap tank below. Honestly, this is something I would NEVER have picked out if I was out shopping, but it is totally growing on me. The more I look at it, the more I love it! I also got a pair of white denim skinnies, per my request.

IMG_6453IMG_6455

I’m keeping them, but I’m still not quite convinced I can pull them off. They’re a bit on the sheer side and, err, aren’t very forgiving when it comes to that lovely little thing called cellulite. Ehh…maybe it’s time to break out the Pilates DVD again. Winking smile

But seriously, between this fix and my first one, I’m totally impressed. Aaaaand I’ve got my third one scheduled!

Sooo, as if this post wasn’t random and all over the place enough as it is, let’s get even more random so I can share my attempt at our dinner meal plan for this week. I see fellow bloggers do this all. the. time. and I always think, man, I need to do that. Well, I’m giving it a shot this week…we’ll see how well we can stick to it.

This Week’s Dinner Plan:

Monday: Chicken Taco Salads

Tuesday: Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup

Wednesday: Brinner (breakfast for dinner) – eggs and/or pancakes!

Thursday: Grilled Pizza + side salads

Friday: Wing it/leftovers

Saturday: Wing it/Possibly out?

What’s on your menu plans this week??

*****

Alright guys, time to work on that whole getting to bed on time thing…catch ya later and have a great Monday!

Comments

1. Melissa says

It’s always nice to have low-key weekends now and then. :) I’ve been looking for awhile for a great pair of white skinnies but am super picky especially because they are so unforgiving, lol. They look great on you and the tops are adorable. Have a great Monday!

2. Emily says

Hi – I am interested in trying Stitch Fix. However, I am curious about the prices. Would you mind telling the prices or price range of the tops above?

• Courtney says

Sure! I ask that most of my items be in the $50-100 price range. Most of the ones above were between 48-78 (jeans were the most expensive, which I said I was okay with). Hope that helps!

Okay, I think I need to get on this Stitch Fix craze! As soon as I’m done with maternity clothes, I may have to give it a try. :)

So glad you had a wonderful weekend love!

1) I love the randomness
    2) awesome fix including the spaghetti top and white pants
    3) randomness can be good
    4) making tacos this week and salmon with a spinach and pear salad

5. Emily says

hey, you and Kath from Kath Eats Real Food got the same chevron top! it looks so good on both of you :)

I think the one on the left is the cutest and I really love the white skinnies on you too. I can’t see any cellulite in the picture and I’m sure it’s not even noticeable.

I tried Stitchfix once about a year ago and I didn’t like anything they sent me. I think I’m just too picky.
    Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Our Wedding: The Reception

Thanks for the dinner ideas! I don’t even want to think about dinner ideas for the week, so I need all the inspiration I can get.

And girlfriend, you’re totally rocking the white skinnies! I LOVE ‘em! Don’t be so hard on yourself. You look great.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Moving Weekend

I really love that spaghetti strap top on you, it’s really colorful but chill lookin’! Also, I think you look good in those white pants because something about your complexion that makes white suit you very well. And that pastel green shirt, in my opinion, would be cute if you tucked it into your bottoms, or skirt of some sort. :)
    ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Baby Selah-Isms

9. Stacey M. says

I love the dolman sleeve top, and I also like that spaghetti strap top too. I’m always afraid to try bold prints like that too, but I’ve been forcing myself to do it more often. You never know if you’ll like something unless you try it on and unfortunately, I’m often unwilling to try things on in the store.

I also love the white skinny jeans on you … I think you look great! But, I know how I would feel about the “sheerness” factor. If you don’t feel comfortable in them, you probably won’t wear them. Might it be worth looking for a pair that are a bit heavier? (Also, no worries about the cellulite … I have my share too and I know we’re not alone! At this point in my life, I have much bigger fish to fry. I’m sure you feel the same.)

LOVE the white jeans and the first top is my favourite! I can’t wait until they open up Stitch Fix to us Canadians (or maybe I can, haha!!)

11. Jessica says

I tried stitch fix after your first post about what you got, but the items I received just didn’t fit right. I decided to give it another try though, and I have another fix coming soon! I also wanted to tell you about this meal planning app I found a few months ago that I love! It is called Plan to Eat. It is really cool because you can copy and paste all your recipes (from like Pinterest, other blogs, websites) and you can upload your own recipes. Then when you “plan” a meal, from your recipe index, it fills out your shopping list with the ingredients you will need to make it. You should definitely check it out. I think they are still offering the first month free. :)

I have got to get on this Stitch Fix bandwagon. Such. Cute. Stuff. I agree that this weekend flew by! It’s not like I did anything big, but just a ton of little things! Those skinnies look absolutely amazing. They really must take into account all of the measurements you send in!
    Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..A Trip Down Memory Card Lane

Those skinny white jeans look GREAT on you – but too bad as you said that they’re a little sheer. I purchased a pair of awesome white skinny’s at JCPenny last month for about $40, with no baggy knee / bum issues. You should try them out?
    Nancy recently posted..Speck Products Giveaway

That is the biggest dilemma I’m having with white jeans right now, trying to find a pair that are not in the slightest sheer (or weirdly thin that you can see the pocket outline). They do look great on you though, you can’t even tell their sheer. The tops are cute as well. I think the Stitch Fix thing sounds absolutely amazing. When I move back to the states, I’ll have to give it a try. Have a great week!
    ~Bre
    Bre & Ree recently posted..on becoming girls gone sporty ambassadors

15. Lindsay says

Cute stuff! I absolutely LOVE the spaghetti strap top. If you change your mind, I’ll buy it from ya. :)