WIAW: Salads and Snacks

Wednesday already? I’ll take it!

It’s been a busy couple of days, both with work, at home, and softball games, so maybe that’s why I’m shocked it’s already Wednesday. Thankfully, I think the rest of the week is supposed to be a bit slower, which would be just fabulous.

But until then, let’s keep things moving with another WIAW post (or, rather, what I ate Monday…as usual).

Breakfast

Vanilla Greek yogurt with blueberries and unpictured granola + a banana and coffee.

breakfast

Pretty basic, thanks to me running late that morning, but it worked.

Mid-Morning Snack

I had one of the two pictured banana raisin oat bran muffins that I made over the weekend.

muffins

They’re good, but they aren’t anything special so they aren’t really worthy of a recipe share just yet. Winking smile

Lunch

A pretty salad…

salad

With really had no substance to it whatsoever. I totally forgot to add a protein, avocado, or anything else I typically do, so it really did nothing for my hunger.

Thankfully, one of my co-workers came by with a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie shortly after. Totally hit the spot.

cookie

But again, didn’t do much to help keep me full. No worries though…I was prepared.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

A cinnamon-vanilla English muffin with peanut butter.

english muffin and peanut butter

I spotted the Thomas’ english muffins at the store over the weekend and couldn’t pass them up. I am so glad I didn’t. They’re delicious.

There was also a little extra pb consumption.

english muffin and peanut butter

Just because.

Dinner

Chicken Taco Salads, which turned out soooooo, so, so, so good.

chicken taco salad

We weren’t quite sure what to expect from this recipe but it is most definitely sticking around. I’d definitely recommend it!

After-Dinner Snacks

We had a softball game a couple of hours later and I wanted a little something before we left so I grabbed a Clif Z Bar.

Fun at softball with Jay and my cheeseball brother!

By the time we got home, it was just shy of 10pm (omgsopastmybedtime) but Jay and I both still had a bunch to do, and we were hungry, so I made a small bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crisp with almond milk.

cereal

Plus a handful (maybe two, who knows) of these delicious things.

brookside chocolates

And there we have another WIAW!

Happy Wednesday, friends! What have you guys been eating and loving these days??

Comments

I used to hate english muffins but seeing as you’ve put peanut butter on yours, I don’t see why I can’t love them! 😉 Also, those chicken salads look ah-maaaaazing.

Lately, I’ve been a fan of rice milk, believe it or not. I ran out of my beloved soymilk and a friend recommended rice milk as an alternative. If you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend it!

2. Stacey M. says

In my book, it’s always OK to have extra PB. It’s just so freakin’ delicious.

Lately, I’ve been enjoying salads similar to yours for lunch at work. I used to take yogurt, fruit and granola all.the.time, but I really got tired of it. Making the switch to veggies and homemade dressing was the way to go! I love that I can mix it up from day to day (all the veggies one day, add in some strawberries and nuts the next) … it keeps things from getting old too fast. I’ve also been loving those Clif Z-bars as well. They are a perfect snack and keep me full enough during my workout so I’m not starving for dinner. Oh … and I just recently discovered the deliciousness that is almonds in Greek yogurt. How I never tried this before is beyond me, but I’ve been loving adding almonds to Chobani Key Lime yogurt. Tastes like dessert!

I have been loving kashi granola, yogurt and berries! I think the warm weather is bringing on my craving for sweet, cool treats. At least that is what I will blame my other craving, ice cream, on. Ha!
    Brynn recently posted..WIAW – Back at It

This week I have been snacking on Tribe hummus, fresh veggies, Werther’s candies, and Skinny Pop popcorn! I have also developed an ice coffee addiction over the past few weeks. Toasted almond from Honey Dew is out of this world fantastic!
    Katy recently posted..WIAW # 73

Can we talk about “nut” butters for a minute? I see you are eating a natural PB. what is the comparison to regular? I bought an $11 jar of Almond butter and I am just not sure about it? Remind me again what’s the deal on why reg PB is bad…or less healthy?

• Courtney says

I don’t know if I’d necessarily say that regular PB is “bad.” It does typically contain hydrogenated vegetable oils (to help prevent separation), whereas the natural PB’s don’t. I’ve just become accustomed to buying the natural variety and I enjoy it, but if regular PB is the only thing available, I’m not going to avoid it.

• Courtney says

Yeah, I guess I’d say it has a slightly different taste/texture. But it also depends on the brand. I really prefer the taste of the Skippy/Jif natural over some other natural PB’s. I think it’s a lot of trial and error :)

Those brookside chocolates are sooo good!!!! My mom gave me some and I basically devoured the bag in two or three days. Hehe. Have a great weekend!