WIAW: Salads and Snacks

by Courtney on May 21, 2014

Wednesday already? I’ll take it!

It’s been a busy couple of days, both with work, at home, and softball games, so maybe that’s why I’m shocked it’s already Wednesday. Thankfully, I think the rest of the week is supposed to be a bit slower, which would be just fabulous.

But until then, let’s keep things moving with another WIAW post (or, rather, what I ate Monday…as usual).

Breakfast

Vanilla Greek yogurt with blueberries and unpictured granola + a banana and coffee.

breakfast

Pretty basic, thanks to me running late that morning, but it worked.

Mid-Morning Snack

I had one of the two pictured banana raisin oat bran muffins that I made over the weekend.

muffins

They’re good, but they aren’t anything special so they aren’t really worthy of a recipe share just yet. Winking smile

Lunch

A pretty salad…

salad

With really had no substance to it whatsoever. I totally forgot to add a protein, avocado, or anything else I typically do, so it really did nothing for my hunger.

Thankfully, one of my co-workers came by with a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie shortly after. Totally hit the spot.

cookie

But again, didn’t do much to help keep me full. No worries though…I was prepared.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

A cinnamon-vanilla English muffin with peanut butter.

english muffin and peanut butter

I spotted the Thomas’ english muffins at the store over the weekend and couldn’t pass them up. I am so glad I didn’t. They’re delicious.

There was also a little extra pb consumption.

english muffin and peanut butter

Just because.

Dinner

Chicken Taco Salads, which turned out soooooo, so, so, so good.

chicken taco salad

We weren’t quite sure what to expect from this recipe but it is most definitely sticking around. I’d definitely recommend it!

After-Dinner Snacks

We had a softball game a couple of hours later and I wanted a little something before we left so I grabbed a Clif Z Bar.

Fun at softball with Jay and my cheeseball brother!

By the time we got home, it was just shy of 10pm (omgsopastmybedtime) but Jay and I both still had a bunch to do, and we were hungry, so I made a small bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crisp with almond milk.

cereal

Plus a handful (maybe two, who knows) of these delicious things.

brookside chocolates

And there we have another WIAW!

Happy Wednesday, friends! What have you guys been eating and loving these days??

1 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl May 21, 2014 at 6:17 am

Peanut butter always does the trick!!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Recent Eats: Smoothie Love

2 Janessa May 21, 2014 at 7:16 am

I used to hate english muffins but seeing as you’ve put peanut butter on yours, I don’t see why I can’t love them! ;) Also, those chicken salads look ah-maaaaazing.

Lately, I’ve been a fan of rice milk, believe it or not. I ran out of my beloved soymilk and a friend recommended rice milk as an alternative. If you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend it!

3 Linz @ Itz Linz May 21, 2014 at 7:17 am

i’ve been all about the salads and snacks lately too! i literally snack my way through the day and have a salad or two for veggies!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Design Your Own Delicious #mydelicious

4 Lauren May 21, 2014 at 7:23 am

Love those english muffins! I just spotted them the other day and have been enjoying them all week!

5 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine May 21, 2014 at 7:28 am

I can’t believe it is Wednesday already either! Crazy! Love those dark chocolate berries. I keep little bags of them in my desk drawer :)

6 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves May 21, 2014 at 7:33 am

Oh man I’ve gotta try those cinnamon raisin English muffins! I love all of Thomas’ flavors.
I sneak in spoonfuls of nut butter all the dang time— so good, so convenient, so satisfying (<— sounded like an infomercial?).
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: The Best Bite

7 Jenn@Mark My Miles! May 21, 2014 at 7:33 am

Looks like a great day of eats. I have been enjoying ice cream every night. Cave it so much in the summer time!!!
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..Peak grocery shopping times

8 Stacey M. May 21, 2014 at 8:03 am

In my book, it’s always OK to have extra PB. It’s just so freakin’ delicious.

Lately, I’ve been enjoying salads similar to yours for lunch at work. I used to take yogurt, fruit and granola all.the.time, but I really got tired of it. Making the switch to veggies and homemade dressing was the way to go! I love that I can mix it up from day to day (all the veggies one day, add in some strawberries and nuts the next) … it keeps things from getting old too fast. I’ve also been loving those Clif Z-bars as well. They are a perfect snack and keep me full enough during my workout so I’m not starving for dinner. Oh … and I just recently discovered the deliciousness that is almonds in Greek yogurt. How I never tried this before is beyond me, but I’ve been loving adding almonds to Chobani Key Lime yogurt. Tastes like dessert!

9 chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 21, 2014 at 8:44 am

those english muffins sound so delicious! and i’m obsessed with those acai berries..the costco sized bag is dangerous yet awesome :)
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Weekend via my IPhone

10 Brynn May 21, 2014 at 8:44 am

I have been loving kashi granola, yogurt and berries! I think the warm weather is bringing on my craving for sweet, cool treats. At least that is what I will blame my other craving, ice cream, on. Ha!
Brynn recently posted..WIAW – Back at It

11 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment May 21, 2014 at 9:01 am

I love the Ezekiel English muffins with nut butter. Those Brookside chocolates are so addicting! The pomegranate flavor is my favorite.
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted..Grain-Free Cinnamon Apple Muffins

12 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 21, 2014 at 9:05 am

Mmm…I love English muffins! I’ve never tried the cinnamon vanilla flavor before, but that sounds wonderful. We always get the cinnamon raisin swirl and it’s fantastic with PB!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #41- Odd Combinations

13 Shel@PeachyPalate May 21, 2014 at 9:23 am

Ooh chocolate blueberries!!! Sounder yummy!!! Good call on having peanut butter always at hand :)

14 Britt@MyOwnBalance May 21, 2014 at 9:25 am

I always see those Brookside Chocolate Acai at the grocery store and thought about picking them up but never have. Do you really like them a lot? Maybe I’ll give them a try!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..The 99 Days of Summer

15 Ali May 21, 2014 at 9:54 am

I was looking for ideas to make for dinner and I think the taco salad might hit the spot.

16 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 21, 2014 at 10:17 am

Those dark chocolate covered acai berries are the death of me! I have NO self control around them. Looooove ‘em. :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..How I’m Eating These Days

17 Molly @ In a Nutshell Nutrition May 21, 2014 at 10:47 am

Your brother’s face in that picture is hilarious :P I’ve been really loving these little thing pretzel crisps for some reason! I think it must be the salt on them or something haha I’m able to enjoy a handful and it curbs the craving, so they work great.
Molly @ In a Nutshell Nutrition recently posted..Missing my Squatters Butt

18 Angela @ Simply Fresh Fare May 21, 2014 at 11:34 am

Lately I’ve been on a side dish kick…Roasted potatoes and rice pilaf have made their appearances a lot with dinner!

19 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health May 21, 2014 at 11:44 am

You’re inspiring me to whip a taco salad soon! Yum.
I know this isn’t related to what you ate, but I love that you go play softball with your hubby and your brother. It seems like so much fun and a good way to spend quality time together.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Strawberry Basil Lime Coolers

20 Katy May 21, 2014 at 11:44 am

This week I have been snacking on Tribe hummus, fresh veggies, Werther’s candies, and Skinny Pop popcorn! I have also developed an ice coffee addiction over the past few weeks. Toasted almond from Honey Dew is out of this world fantastic!
Katy recently posted..WIAW # 73

21 Hilary May 21, 2014 at 11:51 am

I have totally been guilty of the spoonful of peanut butter lately! It is just such a treat :)
Hilary recently posted..WIAW: Vacation Style

22 Ashley M May 21, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Yummm! I also get so hungry after reading your posts! Love it!

23 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 21, 2014 at 1:31 pm

When all else fails…add peanut butter ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Victoria Day Eats.

24 ellie @ fit for the soul May 21, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Mmmmmm! That chicken salad looks bombdiggity!!! Now I really want panera, thank you very much. ;)
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Korean Life: Basic Ingredients You Must Have {Vlog}

25 Polly @ Tasty Food Project May 21, 2014 at 3:33 pm

That peanut butter chocolate chip cookie looks so good! Lately I’ve also been loving anything with peanut butter!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Tropical Fruit Salad

26 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit May 21, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I love taco salads! Softball looks fun – I’m so not athletic and for leagues like this – I wish I was!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..Food + Fitness {21 Day Fix, Turbo, Meal Plan}

27 Leigha @ Minougirl May 21, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Ugh, I hate when I don’t add any substance to my salads! I’m starving an hour later! I’m really liking the eats though! Especially alllll the peanut butter :)
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Recipe Redux: Coconut Chai Ice Cream

28 Melissa May 22, 2014 at 9:22 am

Can we talk about “nut” butters for a minute? I see you are eating a natural PB. what is the comparison to regular? I bought an $11 jar of Almond butter and I am just not sure about it? Remind me again what’s the deal on why reg PB is bad…or less healthy?

29 Courtney May 22, 2014 at 9:42 am

I don’t know if I’d necessarily say that regular PB is “bad.” It does typically contain hydrogenated vegetable oils (to help prevent separation), whereas the natural PB’s don’t. I’ve just become accustomed to buying the natural variety and I enjoy it, but if regular PB is the only thing available, I’m not going to avoid it.

30 Melissa May 22, 2014 at 9:50 am

Does the natural taste much different?

31 Courtney May 22, 2014 at 10:11 am

Yeah, I guess I’d say it has a slightly different taste/texture. But it also depends on the brand. I really prefer the taste of the Skippy/Jif natural over some other natural PB’s. I think it’s a lot of trial and error :)

32 Brianna K. @ Hungy Gator Gal May 22, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I can’t stop eating Wonderful Salt and Pepper Pistachios. They’re freakin’ addicting.
Brianna K. @ Hungy Gator Gal recently posted..Staying Healthy on Vacation with Vega Sport Performance Protein

33 Amy May 23, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Your after-softball meal contained my two favorite things on the whole planet, haha. :)
Amy recently posted..Taking Care of Yourself First

34 Sarah May 23, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Those brookside chocolates are sooo good!!!! My mom gave me some and I basically devoured the bag in two or three days. Hehe. Have a great weekend!