Food Truck Lunch Date

by Courtney on May 22, 2014

I was quite the lucky gal on Tuesday. I got to have a mid-week lunch date with my man AND it was at one of our area’s most popular food trucks.

Oh yes. The Slidin’ Dirty food truck comes around near where I work once a week, so when I found out, I told Jay that he HAD to come meet me for a lunch date. We had been so disappointed when we missed getting to try them at the food truck festival, but we did get lucky enough to try some last year at Kanika’s party.

Regardless, that was a year ago…I was due for some more sliders.

Jay and I each got two, plus some avocado fries to share. Yes, you read that right. Slices of avocado, breaded, fried, and served with a chipotle cream dipping sauce. Ohmygod.

I ordered the “Old Faithful” and “The Dirty Penguin,” which came topped with provolone, cole slaw, and french fries.

I ordered two, remembering them being slightly smaller, but holy crap, they were pretty monstrous. Don’t get me wrong, I ate both of them no problem-o…but about a half hour later? Ugh. No bueno.

Those things sat in my stomach like a rock for a good nine hours. I had hoped that maybe a little evening workout would help, but no luck.

However, the Leaner Legs workout from the Nike Training Club app has my legs screamin’ today. Seriously…it didn’t seem that hard at the time?!

Jay wasn’t all that hungry for a big dinner either thankfully, so the two of us each whipped up something small. For me? A suuuuper thick green protein smoothie bowl topped with some Kashi Heart to Heart cereal.

smoothie bowl

Honestly, I wasn’t even hungry for it (crazy), but I knew I needed to eat something, especially with having worked out.

Luckily, my appetite was back in full force by Wednesday morning and we were back to the usual song and dance. As for the sliders? I think I’m good on those for a little while.

And just for fun, I was playing around, taking photos with Lucas yesterday evening and couldn’t help but compare these two…

IMG_6500IMG_3063

He looks thrilled, doesn’t he? Somebody’s getting biiiiig on me!

1 Brynn May 22, 2014 at 6:35 am

Food trucks are so much fun. I’ve never had avocado sliders, but I am sure they would do a number on anyone. But, having a lunch date is so sweet, it reminds me of when I first started dating my husband.
Brynn recently posted..Five Reasons I’m Happy Where I am Right Now

2 Lauren May 22, 2014 at 7:04 am

I don’t think I’ve ever had the food truck experience but I’ve always loved the idea. I need to get into the city because I’m pretty sure Boston is known for some good ones! Glad you had a great day with the hubby. :)

3 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie May 22, 2014 at 7:08 am

I’m know my city has a few food trucks downtown, but I’ve never tried them. I’m going to NYC next week though, so I know I will get some good food truck food : )

4 Carla May 22, 2014 at 7:22 am

we used to do this ALL THE TIME in Austin.

Carla recently posted..KURGO Tru-Fit harness and Quantum Leash review.

5 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 22, 2014 at 7:51 am

He’s getting SO big, I can hardly believe it!

And honestly, smoothies for dinner have definitely been a favorite in my life. :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Part of the Journey

6 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun May 22, 2014 at 7:56 am

YUMMM That lunch truck looks delicious! What a fun date :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Quick Post-Run Strength Routine

7 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 22, 2014 at 8:21 am

I can understand why you didn’t feel so well after order those sliders…they look enormous, but oh so yummy nonetheless! Sometimes that bit of discomfort is worth it! ;-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Totally Random Bits of Info #16

8 Linz @ Itz Linz May 22, 2014 at 9:22 am

avocado fries?!?! yummmm!! and those sliders look fantastic!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Breastfeeding Update

9 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 22, 2014 at 9:23 am

Those sliders look amazing! And I love how one was called The Dirty Penguin, that’s hilarious. It makes me wish we had food trucks – we have a bylaw against them in my city :-(
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..HA Update: Two Months Later.

10 Shel@PeachyPalate May 22, 2014 at 9:39 am

Sometimes that heavy tummy is so worth it for a slider..or a couple of them :) They look great!!

11 Jasmine May 22, 2014 at 10:11 am

I’ve always wanted to try food from a Food truck, those fries sound delicious! He’s adorable, he’s getting so big!

12 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 22, 2014 at 10:23 am

Avocado fries?!?! I’d be all over those babies. Sounds like a delicious meal!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..05/22/14: Thursday Thoughts

13 Kim @FITsique May 22, 2014 at 11:21 am

I wish our town had Food trucks! That meal looks freakin delicious but yes I think it would have my stomach in knots for days lol
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Running Sucks (If You Want To Lose Weight)

14 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine May 22, 2014 at 11:48 am

Food truck lunch dates are SO much fun! Those sliders look fab.

15 Britt@MyOwnBalance May 22, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Ugh, I hate eating something really good and then feeling terrible for hours after as it sits in your tummy. That is the worst!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..The Best Dance Workouts in NYC

16 Presley @ Run Pretty May 22, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I ate lunch at 10 am with 20 snotty-nosed four-year-olds. YOU WIN. ;)
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..New Things: I Dig Them

17 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment May 22, 2014 at 1:50 pm

I never think to put cereal or granola on my smoothies! Looks good.
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted..Rainy Day Workouts

18 Polly @ Tasty Food Project May 22, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Lucas looks so adorable, especially in the photo on the right!

I love food trucks! I just went to a food fair last weekend where there were a bunch of food trucks that I liked!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Cilantro Turkey Burger

19 Michelle May 22, 2014 at 5:41 pm

What area does the food truck come? I’m hoping my work is near it too!

20 Courtney May 22, 2014 at 7:44 pm

They actually have a list of all the locations they go on their site!