Fun Facts Friday {5/23}

1. I don’t know about all of you guys, but I am totally pumped for the holiday weekend we have ahead of us. Plus, the weather is supposed to be something like, 80 and sunny on Monday. Nap time totally = catch some sun rays time. What’s on the agenda for you guys? Anything fun?

2. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am that my friend Morgan recently let me borrow her Bosu ball. The last time I used one was while I was still personal training at the gym, so it’s been a while. I cannot WAIT to put together some new workouts with it – it’s definitely a favorite of mine!

3. Also exciting? The fact that Emily Giffin’s newest book, The One and Only, was released this past Tuesday. I absolutely LOVE her books!

4. I think I need to switch up my makeup. I’ve been using this Revlon foundation for a little over a year, but I feel like it’s just not doin’ it for me anymore. Then again, maybe it’s just the dark circles and bags under my eyes that have me feeling that way.

5. Have you noticed? There’s been some new updates on the blog! I’ve been working on cleaning and re-organizing my sidebars and updated all of my social media buttons in one place. And actually, when I say I’ve been doing it, I really mean the amazing team at WPSiteCare. They have been dealing with my back and forth for the last few days and haven’t missed a beat. I would highly recommend them for anything blog-related!

6. Lucas is getting scary good at standing on his own. Half the time, we’ll look over thinking that he’s leaning up on a toy/table/anything, and come to find out he’s just standing there, hanging out. I’m pretty sure our days are numbered until we have a crawler on our hands.

7. One of my gifts for Mother’s Day from Jay was a gift card to the spaaaaaa. I really, really need to get on that and book an appointment. I’m thinking massage + pedicure. Oh my goodness, it’s gonna be fab.

8. Sorry, no pictures today, my friends. I debated on take a couple buuuut, then I got lazy.

Alright guys, I’m off for today. Have a happy Friday and a fab weekend!

I used to use that Revlon foundation as well but realized that my skin needed something with a bit more coverage so I splurged and bought Smashbox Studio Fix foundation. LOVE IT! Even though it’s “a little” more expensive, I find that it’s totally worth it.

Have a great weekend!

2. Sarah says

You should totally try MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation (applied with a foundation brush) and their under-eye concealer. Amazing products! The prices at MAC are a little higher than the drugstore brands but their makeup lasts forever. I’ve had the same little pot of under-eye concealer for almost a year. Well worth the additional cost I think. :)

I need to go buy her new book, didn’t even realise she had another one coming out. I love her books so much but my favourite is definitely Heart of the matter! Happy Friday :)

I’m so happy for the long weekend too! We’re going to a few BBQs and am definitely excited about the gorgeous weather coming on Monday!

I was just telling my mom this morning that I needed a new foundation. I’ve been using BareMinerals for years now, but I’m just not happy with it. On QVC, I saw them advertising Tarte Cosmetics full coverage foundation and I’m highly considering it. It looks really good and got a lot of positive reviews!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Triple Berry Coconut Soft Serve

• emma says

I was heading to the comments to recommend the Tarte Foundation. I got my tube in december (actually after I bought a new Bare Minerals pot and felt very meh using it. Love sephora return policy!). Anyway, it covers SO WELL! Its light and moisturizing and made of the good stuff. It’s a little pricey but I’m about half way through (if that) after 6 months. A little goes a long way!

5. Nicole says

Thanks for the book recommendation – I just read the description on Amazon and it feels like something I can really connect with right now.

I hope you spend a lot of time outside this weekend – soaking up the sun, bbq’ing, and having fun with your two dudes!

6. Evamarie says

I got sick of my Revlon foundation too … after researching and many Sephora samples I decided to get Nars Sheer Glow foundation —- I LOVE it! Also try NYX HD concealer – the best in my opinion :)

7. Christina says

Courtney, if you need a little something extra in the eye department try MAC’s Pro Longwear concealer. It works wonders! I’m a new mom and this stuff keeps me looking human even after the longest of nights, haha!

Did you finish Emily’s new one yet? I’m a huge fan of her books, but, I have to say, I was disappointed with this one. The whole premise kind of struck me as distasteful which so bums me out because I was looking forward to it. Maybe it’s just me!
    Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Trail Food

Love fun facts number 7. Treating yourself at the spa is a perfect thing to do during the weekend. An alternative would be a nature hike. Thanks for sharing.