Fun Facts Friday {5/23}

by Courtney on May 23, 2014

1. I don’t know about all of you guys, but I am totally pumped for the holiday weekend we have ahead of us. Plus, the weather is supposed to be something like, 80 and sunny on Monday. Nap time totally = catch some sun rays time. What’s on the agenda for you guys? Anything fun?

2. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am that my friend Morgan recently let me borrow her Bosu ball. The last time I used one was while I was still personal training at the gym, so it’s been a while. I cannot WAIT to put together some new workouts with it – it’s definitely a favorite of mine!

3. Also exciting? The fact that Emily Giffin’s newest book, The One and Only, was released this past Tuesday. I absolutely LOVE her books!

4. I think I need to switch up my makeup. I’ve been using this Revlon foundation for a little over a year, but I feel like it’s just not doin’ it for me anymore. Then again, maybe it’s just the dark circles and bags under my eyes that have me feeling that way.

5. Have you noticed? There’s been some new updates on the blog! I’ve been working on cleaning and re-organizing my sidebars and updated all of my social media buttons in one place. And actually, when I say I’ve been doing it, I really mean the amazing team at WPSiteCare. They have been dealing with my back and forth for the last few days and haven’t missed a beat. I would highly recommend them for anything blog-related!

6. Lucas is getting scary good at standing on his own. Half the time, we’ll look over thinking that he’s leaning up on a toy/table/anything, and come to find out he’s just standing there, hanging out. I’m pretty sure our days are numbered until we have a crawler on our hands.

7. One of my gifts for Mother’s Day from Jay was a gift card to the spaaaaaa. I really, really need to get on that and book an appointment. I’m thinking massage + pedicure. Oh my goodness, it’s gonna be fab.

8. Sorry, no pictures today, my friends. I debated on take a couple buuuut, then I got lazy.

Alright guys, I’m off for today. Have a happy Friday and a fab weekend!

1 Parita @ myinnershakti May 23, 2014 at 6:56 am

I used to use that Revlon foundation as well but realized that my skin needed something with a bit more coverage so I splurged and bought Smashbox Studio Fix foundation. LOVE IT! Even though it’s “a little” more expensive, I find that it’s totally worth it.

Have a great weekend!

2 Brynn May 23, 2014 at 6:56 am

I had no clue the new Emily Giffin book was released. I love her books! For the weekend we are doing a nice mix of house projects and hanging with friends.
Brynn recently posted..Five Reasons I’m Happy Where I Am Right Now

3 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie May 23, 2014 at 7:21 am

Spa days are my favorite! I got a facial yesterday and feel like a whole new person! You deserve it : )

4 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine May 23, 2014 at 7:26 am

SO excited for The One and Only! LOVE her books. I’m re-reading a few this weekend at the beach!

5 Linz @ Itz Linz May 23, 2014 at 7:30 am

I didn’t know Emily giffin came out with a new book – awesome! I love her!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..WaterWipes Giveaway

6 Suzanne @ Mrsmixit May 23, 2014 at 7:54 am

If you want to stick with a budget friendly foundation, try Loreal True Match. I have been using it for a while and I love that it gives nice coverage without being heavy and cakey. If I need more coverage I add a bit of Bare Essentials over it!
Suzanne @ Mrsmixit recently posted..It’s Going to be a Good One

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 23, 2014 at 7:59 am

GIRL, make an appointment at the spa! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?! ;)

8 Sarah May 23, 2014 at 8:00 am

You should totally try MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation (applied with a foundation brush) and their under-eye concealer. Amazing products! The prices at MAC are a little higher than the drugstore brands but their makeup lasts forever. I’ve had the same little pot of under-eye concealer for almost a year. Well worth the additional cost I think. :)

9 Michelle May 23, 2014 at 8:21 am

Try Fake-Up from Benefit!

10 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 23, 2014 at 9:02 am

I hope you guys have a fabulous holiday weekend!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 05/23/14.

11 Jasmine May 23, 2014 at 9:09 am

I need to go buy her new book, didn’t even realise she had another one coming out. I love her books so much but my favourite is definitely Heart of the matter! Happy Friday :)

12 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 23, 2014 at 9:17 am

I’m so happy for the long weekend too! We’re going to a few BBQs and am definitely excited about the gorgeous weather coming on Monday!

I was just telling my mom this morning that I needed a new foundation. I’ve been using BareMinerals for years now, but I’m just not happy with it. On QVC, I saw them advertising Tarte Cosmetics full coverage foundation and I’m highly considering it. It looks really good and got a lot of positive reviews!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Triple Berry Coconut Soft Serve

13 emma May 23, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I was heading to the comments to recommend the Tarte Foundation. I got my tube in december (actually after I bought a new Bare Minerals pot and felt very meh using it. Love sephora return policy!). Anyway, it covers SO WELL! Its light and moisturizing and made of the good stuff. It’s a little pricey but I’m about half way through (if that) after 6 months. A little goes a long way!

14 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige May 23, 2014 at 9:27 am

Thanks for the heads up on the Emily Giffin book! I love them for day-reading for some reason, haha :)
I’m running the BolderBoulder – a 10k- on Monday! Which is great, since I haven’t run in probably 6 months lol
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..My Top 10 Workout Songs in Summer 2014

15 Sara May 23, 2014 at 9:40 am

Try Maybelline’s fit me foundation stick. SOO easy when you don’t have a lot of time. I’ve been using it for 5+ months and swear by it.

16 Britt@MyOwnBalance May 23, 2014 at 10:13 am

I actually stopped using foundation altogether and now switch back and forth between Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and Garnier’s BB Cream. I feel like it looks better!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Food & Fitness: Real Food and Real People

17 Heather @ Housewife Glamour May 23, 2014 at 11:06 am

I totally need a revamp on my sidebars and such. Thanks so much for the info! Enjoy this (much needed, long) weekend! :)
Heather @ Housewife Glamour recently posted..Friday Favorites #34: Week of 5/23

18 Annette@FitnessPerks May 23, 2014 at 11:17 am

I didn’t know Emily Giffin had a new book in the works & that it was released. Sweet, thank you for the heads up!

Don’t know if you read Sarah Jio’s books, but she has a new one coming out end of this month too-I am stoked.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Confessions {22}

19 Angela @ Simply Fresh Fare May 23, 2014 at 11:51 am

So funny that Julie talked today about Ben and Jerry’s Oatmeal Chunk ice cream! Made me think of you! http://www.pbfingers.com/2014/05/23/things-im-loving-friday-34/

20 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health May 23, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I’m a big Emily Giffin fan too so I’m excited to check that one out. I also have a Bosu ball that I never use. Maybe you can post a new workout to inspire us?

Have a great weekend!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Cucumber Tomato Coleslaw {vegan and gluten-free}

21 Alisha @ Little Life Blog May 23, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I just finished reading Emily Giffin’s The One and Only! It has has mixed reviews, but I really liked it. It’s Friday Night Lights meets chick lit. :)
Alisha @ Little Life Blog recently posted..Broiled Parmesan Tilapia

22 Nicole May 23, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Thanks for the book recommendation – I just read the description on Amazon and it feels like something I can really connect with right now.

I hope you spend a lot of time outside this weekend – soaking up the sun, bbq’ing, and having fun with your two dudes!

23 Polly @ Tasty Food Project May 23, 2014 at 1:38 pm

You need to make that spa appointment soon! I love spa days! Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy that nice weather!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Friday Favorites! Edition 6

24 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment May 23, 2014 at 2:24 pm

I love Emily Giffin’s books! I didn’t realize she had a new one out. Enjoy your holiday weekend and the spa day!

25 ellie @ fit for the soul May 23, 2014 at 2:39 pm

It truly is amazing how suddenly and quickly babies improve at a certain skill. I wish I was like that too, hah! And ohhhh the beach sounds heavenly right about now. :)
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Why We Strive so Much

26 Evamarie May 23, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I got sick of my Revlon foundation too … after researching and many Sephora samples I decided to get Nars Sheer Glow foundation —- I LOVE it! Also try NYX HD concealer – the best in my opinion :)

27 Nancy May 23, 2014 at 3:15 pm

If you want to stick to drugstore brand: I watch a LOT of makeup YouTube videos and have heard that the L’Oreal True Match foundation is spot on.
Nancy recently posted..Thursday’s Thoughts

28 Shel@PeachyPalate May 23, 2014 at 3:36 pm

He’ll be running around in no time!! Massage and pedicure…best treatments ever! Never like facials, always end up feeling like my skin is really greasy after them. Jealous of your hot weather! We’ve had rain this past week and we’re back down to 10C (50F) #whereissummer ? :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Ultimate Double Chocolate Iced Raw Brownies

29 Kelly May 23, 2014 at 5:29 pm

I’m loving the new look and additions to the blog! It looks awesome! Enjoy the long weekend and ughhhh so jealous of your spa day :-)
Kelly recently posted..Fitness Funk…..

30 Kim @FITsique May 24, 2014 at 8:04 am

Ohhh I am looking for some new books to read! I will have to check her out! Enjoy the long weekend!

31 Jenn@Mark My Miles! May 24, 2014 at 8:29 am

Yay for spa days! I get lazy too with not adding pics to my posts…it happens. Excited for the long weekend!!!!
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..I’m an impulsive race registerer + Balloon Creatures.

32 Christina May 24, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Courtney, if you need a little something extra in the eye department try MAC’s Pro Longwear concealer. It works wonders! I’m a new mom and this stuff keeps me looking human even after the longest of nights, haha!

33 Shari May 24, 2014 at 10:06 pm

I’m reading Emily’s book now and really enjoying it so far!
Shari recently posted..Reading List.

34 Natalie @ Free Range Human May 26, 2014 at 9:39 am

Did you finish Emily’s new one yet? I’m a huge fan of her books, but, I have to say, I was disappointed with this one. The whole premise kind of struck me as distasteful which so bums me out because I was looking forward to it. Maybe it’s just me!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Trail Food

35 Tori Green June 6, 2014 at 6:25 am

Love fun facts number 7. Treating yourself at the spa is a perfect thing to do during the weekend. An alternative would be a nature hike. Thanks for sharing.