Memorial Day Weekend Highlights {5/27}

by Courtney on May 27, 2014

Hey, I don’t know about you, but it’s pretty nice knowing that I’m starting the work week on a Tuesday rather than a Monday. We had a great Memorial Day weekend, and since I have a fair amount of photos to share, I’m just gonna go ahead and keep the chit chat short (well, as short as I can…that not my strongest suit) and get started.

Saturday evening, Jay and I had date night!

We decided to go for some dinner at Texas Roudhouse, which just opened up in our area in the past year (I think?). A bit of a wait for a table had us hanging out at the bar with unlimited peanuts and Shock Top Lemon Shandy on tap.

lemon shandy

Oh my, that beer is good.

And so is the food. Like, for real. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect for it being a chain (not to sound like a restaurant snob, although I guess that kinda does), but my sirloin was absolutely delicious. And their rolls? Holy crap.

IMG_6517IMG_6518

I fell so in love with the rolls and whatever their whipped cinnamon sugar butter(!!!) is that the waitress offered to send us home with some extras. And by extras, we got 8 rolls and about 4 containers of butter. Heaven.

Our original plan was to hit up a movie but we got a late start so that was out. Instead, we hit up the book store and found ourselves sitting on the floor of the children’s book section.

book store

Yes, this is what our date nights have come to apparently.

But hey, it’s all good. We got the babe a few new reads…

books

Including “Toot” by Leslie Patricelli. The two of us were in tears reading this thing in the store. Absolutely hilarious.

toot

Date night ended on quite the sweet note.

menchies

Fro yo, for the win.

The weekend also included a couple of great workouts.

treadmill

Which Cody did a great job supervising.

cody

I got wicked lazy and ordered my groceries online from Price Chopper and went to pick them up.

price chopper shops 4u

You don’t even have to get out of your car. Genius.

price chopper shops 4u

We spent a few hours up on Saratoga Lake on Sunday with family, which was an absolutely gorgeous day.

saratoga lake

Lucas wore his flip flops for about 15 minutes so I took that as a win.

We attempted a family photo but somebody was too distracted by the grass.

Always a good time with these ladies (and creeper Gill in the background). So lucky to be able to call them family.

And, of course, it wouldn’t be a party without delicious food and treats on hand.

Monday was a busy day spent at home. Jay worked around outside the house. I worked inside and spent the day with this cutie, who got pretty excited about his green smoothie.

Yep, I’d say he liked it.

My parents and brother came over for a little BBQ.

IMG_6579IMG_6580

And there was lots of good food to eat.

And that, my friends, is a wrap up of the long weekend! Now we’re back to the work week and I’m not gonna lie…I could reeeeally use an extra day. Or twelve.

How was your weekend? Anyone do anything fun??

1 Brynn May 27, 2014 at 6:30 am

I always want froyo on date night! Looks like a great weekend. I enjoyed the beautiful weather, hung with friends, planted flowers, did a few chores, had a BBQ party and started working on the baby’s nursery!
Brynn recently posted..My Writing Process Blog Tour

2 Linz @ Itz Linz May 27, 2014 at 6:32 am

Online grocery shopping? I’ve never even heard of that! Though with a new baby that sounds pretty darn convienent!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend 2014

3 Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes May 27, 2014 at 6:57 am

omg that is so cool Price Chopper does that. Can I be hired for the shopping job?!? LOL
Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes recently posted..Life on the Farm

4 Lauren May 27, 2014 at 7:07 am

Sounds like a perfect holiday weekend! Love those little flip flops on Lucas! Such a cutie!

5 Kim @FITsique May 27, 2014 at 7:28 am

What a great looking weekend!!! I made the drive home (12hr) to visit my family for the long weekend. We drove up to Skaneatles and enjoyed some time at the lake; it was the perfect weekend.
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Running Sucks (If You Want To Lose Weight)

6 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 27, 2014 at 7:30 am

Looks like an awesome weekend and yes, starting the week on a Tuesday is definitely a plus! Our weekend was great as well. We went to two fun BBQs and spent some time grilling yesterday. I bummed it’s over!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..16 Weeks – Time Flies

7 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl May 27, 2014 at 7:59 am

What a fun weekend! Love Texas Roadhouse! And you’re right those rolls and butter…. to die for!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..A Spiffy Kitchen

8 Carla May 27, 2014 at 8:02 am

OH OH OH TOOT? second only to EVERYBODY POOPS.
Carla recently posted..I’m your Venus.

9 natasha May 27, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I second the Everybody Poops book and I don’t have kids (:

10 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List May 27, 2014 at 8:29 am

groceries delivered to your car?!?!? sign me up!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..my first postpartum “murph”

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 27, 2014 at 9:16 am

It’s been wayyy too long since I had froyo…I think I’m going to have to fix that soon! And those flip flops on Lucas are adorable – glad he managed to keep them on for at least a few minutes ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Treat Yourself Tuesday: So Much Shopping.

12 Shel@PeachyPalate May 27, 2014 at 9:24 am

Oh my god his toes in his little flip flops!!! So cute!!!!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Juicy Jerk Chicken

13 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 27, 2014 at 10:10 am

Texas Roadhouse is one of our top favorite restaurants. We didn’t have a ton of local restaurants near us in Utah, so it was our date night restaurant of choice a lot of times. Isn’t it all SO good?! I especially love their ribs, sweet potatoes, and obviously their rolls. ;) Glad you guys enjoyed it too!

Love little Lucas in his flip-flops and sunglasses! What a cutie. Glad you guys had a fun weekend!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Three Day Weekends Rock…

14 Britt@MyOwnBalance May 27, 2014 at 10:11 am

Those flip flops are adorable! I feel the same way, I come back from a long weekend and I just want more days off. It’s so nice going to be on Sunday night knowing you can sleep in though!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Happy Memorial Day!

15 Ali May 27, 2014 at 10:14 am

I want to order my groceries too! That’s so nice. I hate that job the most of anything I think.

16 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty May 27, 2014 at 10:19 am

Such a great weekend! I love that you guys ended up at the bookstore…is there any other better place? I seriously love going to the bookstore; the smell, the environment that’s so calming, and ALL the books! LOVE!
My weekend was fabulous as well! We spent a ton of time outside enjoying the sunshine with family and friends!
Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Pregnancy: Some of the Details

17 Ruthie Hart May 27, 2014 at 10:51 am

Texas Roadhouse… yes!!! The closest one to us is about 25 min which is good because if it was closer, we’d be there all the time. At ours, there is a “happy hour” deal where if you go before 6pm you get an 8 oz steak and two sides for $8!

Jon and I had date night on Friday too and I actually bought myself some jewelry… and nothing for Ford! ha!

Baby flip flops… omg

18 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun May 27, 2014 at 11:05 am

We had a nice and relaxing weekend of running and spending time before the our family gets into town this weekend. Our last weekend just the two of us before we move. It was nice!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Positives From Our Time in Erie

19 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health May 27, 2014 at 11:14 am

Haha…Toot. I can imagine the inside is just as funny as the title!

Lucas knows what’s up, slurping down that green smoothie. He’s just as smart as he is cute!!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Macadamia Nut Pancakes with Homemade Coconut Syrup

20 Jenny May 27, 2014 at 11:37 am

I love his little face! And those flip flops! :)
Jenny recently posted..First Run Post-Surgery & New Surroundings

21 Annette@FitnessPerks May 27, 2014 at 11:40 am

Oh my gosh! Baby flip flops!! So so cute.

22 Katie A. May 27, 2014 at 11:40 am

I am going to have to get “Toot” for our little one. My family’s love for bathroom humor knows no bounds.

23 Jess @dearhealthyness May 27, 2014 at 11:47 am

Baby lucas looks soooo cute with the flip flops!! 15 minutes that’s a win-win (as well as the green smoothie success)!!!
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..Finding your Passion

24 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives May 27, 2014 at 11:58 am

Sounds like a fantastic weekend!!! Lol at ending up at the bookstore (children’s section)… sounds like something hubby and I would do, if we missed our movie. Lol. And Lucas is Too Cute in his big boy sandals – awww! :-)
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..3 Month Update, Favorites & More!

25 Kathryn May 27, 2014 at 12:56 pm

We have a Texas Roadhouse just down the street from us, right next to a Longhorn and Black Angus (yes, we literally have 3 steakhouses in a row), and it’s our favorite place to go. I love their rolls so much, and that butter is heaven! My favorite is to get the baked sweet potato, and have them put that butter and some brown sugar on it. So much yum! If you’re in the mood for your sweet potato to be almost like dessert, they’ll even do it “loaded”, which means they’ll do the brown sugar, mini marshmallows, and caramel sauce.

26 Hilary May 27, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Time at the lake looked amazing! I miss the days when I would go out to the local lake for cookouts and tubing! Those were the days!
Hilary recently posted..Spill It Sunday- Jen Edition!

27 Presley @ Run Pretty May 27, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Our date nights sound pretty similar, although we always end up at Costco. What has happened to us? Geez.
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Memorial Day + Beast Mode, Kind Of

28 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 27, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I am a vegetarian but I still LOVE going to Texas Roadhouse for the sole purpose of getting those rolls. They are seriously heavenly, right??
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Cheese and Potato Enchiladas (Vegan)

29 ellie @ fit for the soul May 27, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Awwwww Lucas and flip flops equals “gahhhhh I wanna squeeze him!!!!” mode, haha. And at this age keeping anything on the baby is a WIN. I’m like muahahahhaaha when my daughter doesn’t realize/take off her head bands and hairclips. :P And that restaurant reminds me of Lucille’s! Not sure if you’re familiar with it, but they also have the best biscuits with whipped cinnamon butter. Almost better than dessert. Wait, did I just write that?
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Scenes from the Weekend {On Nephew Duty}

30 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely May 27, 2014 at 5:25 pm

What a fun weekend! I’m all about the laid-back, time at home, time spent with friends and family – type of weekends. And I laughed when you posted that picture of Lucas and the smoothie. Oh my! how precious! Here’s to a 4 day week!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Treat Yourself Tuesday {5/27/14}

31 Brittany @ proteinandpumps May 27, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Texas Roadhouse has the best rolls! It’s one of the few chains we can rely on for a good meal (from a fellow restaurant snob)

32 Polly @ Tasty Food Project May 27, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Looks like you had a great weekend and it’s nice that you got to squeeze in some workouts! My husband and I went to Mt. Rainier National Park yesterday. It was so beautiful being up in the mountains!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Almond Butter Banana Cookies + Mt. Rainier Recap

33 Shannyn May 27, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Haha – I ordered that “Toot” book last week for a friend’s baby’s 1st bday. I haven’t gotten it yet to gift, but it looks pretty funny!

34 Leigha @ Minougirl May 27, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Wait.. what is this online grocery shopping?! Intriguing! My weekend was also super laid back and relaxing! It included a few BBQ’s and lots of family time! Perfect <3
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Homemade Swedish Rye Bread

35 Suzanne @ Mrs Mix It May 27, 2014 at 11:09 pm

I love the pictures of Lucas sipping on the smoothie! He left no doubt that he enjoyed that thing!!

Barnes and Noble on date night: Been there done that after my first child was born. What can I say, life definitely changes after the little ones come along but in the best way possible!

36 Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness May 27, 2014 at 11:56 pm

It’s great that Lucas loves green smoothies! It’s awesome that you’re starting him young :)
Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend Snapshots

37 Jenn@Mark My Miles! May 28, 2014 at 6:29 am

Ha! Love your date night. That is what ours looks like now. Too funny!!!
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..Thank you for the brave!