Memorial Day Weekend Highlights {5/27}

Hey, I don’t know about you, but it’s pretty nice knowing that I’m starting the work week on a Tuesday rather than a Monday. We had a great Memorial Day weekend, and since I have a fair amount of photos to share, I’m just gonna go ahead and keep the chit chat short (well, as short as I can…that not my strongest suit) and get started.

Saturday evening, Jay and I had date night!

We decided to go for some dinner at Texas Roudhouse, which just opened up in our area in the past year (I think?). A bit of a wait for a table had us hanging out at the bar with unlimited peanuts and Shock Top Lemon Shandy on tap.

lemon shandy

Oh my, that beer is good.

And so is the food. Like, for real. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect for it being a chain (not to sound like a restaurant snob, although I guess that kinda does), but my sirloin was absolutely delicious. And their rolls? Holy crap.

I fell so in love with the rolls and whatever their whipped cinnamon sugar butter(!!!) is that the waitress offered to send us home with some extras. And by extras, we got 8 rolls and about 4 containers of butter. Heaven.

Our original plan was to hit up a movie but we got a late start so that was out. Instead, we hit up the book store and found ourselves sitting on the floor of the children’s book section.

book store

Yes, this is what our date nights have come to apparently.

But hey, it’s all good. We got the babe a few new reads…

Including “Toot” by Leslie Patricelli. The two of us were in tears reading this thing in the store. Absolutely hilarious.

Date night ended on quite the sweet note.

Fro yo, for the win.

The weekend also included a couple of great workouts.

Which Cody did a great job supervising.

I got wicked lazy and ordered my groceries online from Price Chopper and went to pick them up.

price chopper shops 4u

You don’t even have to get out of your car. Genius.

price chopper shops 4u

We spent a few hours up on Saratoga Lake on Sunday with family, which was an absolutely gorgeous day.

saratoga lake

Lucas wore his flip flops for about 15 minutes so I took that as a win.

We attempted a family photo but somebody was too distracted by the grass.

Always a good time with these ladies (and creeper Gill in the background). So lucky to be able to call them family.

And, of course, it wouldn’t be a party without delicious food and treats on hand.

Monday was a busy day spent at home. Jay worked around outside the house. I worked inside and spent the day with this cutie, who got pretty excited about his green smoothie.

Yep, I’d say he liked it.

My parents and brother came over for a little BBQ.

And there was lots of good food to eat.

And that, my friends, is a wrap up of the long weekend! Now we’re back to the work week and I’m not gonna lie…I could reeeeally use an extra day. Or twelve.

How was your weekend? Anyone do anything fun??

I always want froyo on date night! Looks like a great weekend. I enjoyed the beautiful weather, hung with friends, planted flowers, did a few chores, had a BBQ party and started working on the baby’s nursery!
    Brynn recently posted..My Writing Process Blog Tour

Texas Roadhouse is one of our top favorite restaurants. We didn’t have a ton of local restaurants near us in Utah, so it was our date night restaurant of choice a lot of times. Isn’t it all SO good?! I especially love their ribs, sweet potatoes, and obviously their rolls. 😉 Glad you guys enjoyed it too!

Love little Lucas in his flip-flops and sunglasses! What a cutie. Glad you guys had a fun weekend!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Three Day Weekends Rock…

Such a great weekend! I love that you guys ended up at the bookstore…is there any other better place? I seriously love going to the bookstore; the smell, the environment that’s so calming, and ALL the books! LOVE!
    My weekend was fabulous as well! We spent a ton of time outside enjoying the sunshine with family and friends!
    Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty recently posted..Pregnancy: Some of the Details

4. Ruthie Hart says

Texas Roadhouse… yes!!! The closest one to us is about 25 min which is good because if it was closer, we’d be there all the time. At ours, there is a “happy hour” deal where if you go before 6pm you get an 8 oz steak and two sides for $8!

Jon and I had date night on Friday too and I actually bought myself some jewelry… and nothing for Ford! ha!

Baby flip flops… omg

5. Katie A. says

I am going to have to get “Toot” for our little one. My family’s love for bathroom humor knows no bounds.

6. Kathryn says

We have a Texas Roadhouse just down the street from us, right next to a Longhorn and Black Angus (yes, we literally have 3 steakhouses in a row), and it’s our favorite place to go. I love their rolls so much, and that butter is heaven! My favorite is to get the baked sweet potato, and have them put that butter and some brown sugar on it. So much yum! If you’re in the mood for your sweet potato to be almost like dessert, they’ll even do it “loaded”, which means they’ll do the brown sugar, mini marshmallows, and caramel sauce.

Awwwww Lucas and flip flops equals “gahhhhh I wanna squeeze him!!!!” mode, haha. And at this age keeping anything on the baby is a WIN. I’m like muahahahhaaha when my daughter doesn’t realize/take off her head bands and hairclips. 😛 And that restaurant reminds me of Lucille’s! Not sure if you’re familiar with it, but they also have the best biscuits with whipped cinnamon butter. Almost better than dessert. Wait, did I just write that?
    ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Scenes from the Weekend {On Nephew Duty}

Haha – I ordered that “Toot” book last week for a friend’s baby’s 1st bday. I haven’t gotten it yet to gift, but it looks pretty funny!

I love the pictures of Lucas sipping on the smoothie! He left no doubt that he enjoyed that thing!!

Barnes and Noble on date night: Been there done that after my first child was born. What can I say, life definitely changes after the little ones come along but in the best way possible!