Weekend Highlights {6/2}

by Courtney on June 2, 2014

I could go on and on all day long about how great this weekend was. We didn’t have too many plans, but we still kept busy nonetheless. Since I still have a bit of stuff to do before heading off for today, I’m gonna keep the chit chat to a minimum and (try to) let the pictures do the talking.

Friday after work, so excited to be home with my boy.

We hung out at home, Jay and I had amazing sushi for dinner, and we hit the hay pretty early.

Saturday morning started out with a batch of Best Ever Fluffy Pancakes.

Which Lucas also thoroughly enjoyed.

Saturday afternoon included grocery shopping, a great workout, and some house work. Then Saturday evening we headed over to Joe and Kate’s house for some dinner and a baby play date.

Dinner was amaaaazing. Joey cooked ribs in his smoker, Kate made homemade mac & cheese (OMG) and Caesar salad, and we (aka, Jay) made the couscous salad we were loving last year, along with some corn bread.

The baby play date went pretty well, too.

They’re gonna make such a cute couple someday.

Sunday started off with another delish breakfast…seriously, it’s been wayyy too long since I did the egg + provolone + raspberry jam waffle sandwich.

waffle sandwich

The rest of Sunday was exactly what I had been wishing for for weeks. Once Lucas went down for his first nap, Jay and I dropped the house work and set up shop outside in our lounge chairs. Of course, it wasn’t all relaxation…we had a few toys to put together for the boy.

Once he was up, the three of us had a little “picnic” out in the backyard, including lots of fresh watermelon and even some Arnold Palmer coolattas from DD’s (OMG try them).

We took about a gazillion photos while we were outside today because we don’t use our good camera nearly as much as we should (umm, hello, have you seen my blog photos these days?!) and figured we should give it a little workout.

I’m having a hard time choosing which ones to share, so I’m just gonna pick a good handful and totally be “that” mom right now…

Sorry, couldn’t help it.

We came in a little before his afternoon nap so he could dry off and wind down a bit. Cody was waiting for us and, obviously, not impressed with the party going on without him.

Lucas’s second nap gave us time to not only uncover our pool (ugh, it needs a new liner, so not cool…), but we also each got in our workout for the day (20 mins HIIT + some Bosu ball strength moves) and got dinner ready.

Marinated grilled chicken, leftover couscous salad, and corn on the cob which, for being beginning of the season, was pretty darn delish.

So that was a rundown of our weekend highlights. Sorry for the total overshare of my child but, ya know, that’s what happens when he’s my biggest highlight. Smile

How was YOUR weekend?! Anything fun happening? Good food? Good workouts? Lemme hear about it!

1 Runner Girl Eats June 2, 2014 at 6:11 am

Love the Lucas pics! He’s just too adorable! Our weekend was the perfect amount of getting errands done and relaxing…I thikn I got 10 hours of sleep Fri and Sat night! amazing.
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Back at it.

2 Danielle @ It's a Harleyyy Life June 2, 2014 at 6:42 am

will you be sharing that couscous salad recipe?
Danielle @ It’s a Harleyyy Life recently posted..Color Run: #Happiest5k

3 Brynn June 2, 2014 at 6:54 am

I never pull out my good camera anymore…lazy, I know. But what great snaps you captured!! This weekend’s highlight was starting work on the baby’s nursery!
Brynn recently posted..First Trimester Favorites

4 Lauren June 2, 2014 at 6:55 am

Such a great weekend spent with your beautiful family! Loving this summer already! And definitely don’t be sorry about sharing too many pics of Lucas! Girl, post away! He is too cute not to share. :)

5 Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes June 2, 2014 at 7:10 am

Pics with the watermelon are so cute!! Cody is funny. My cat just sits at the screen door when we’re on the porch laying by the pool and cries. He’s such a baby!
Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes recently posted..Picnic “no-tato” salad

6 Brittany Lesser June 2, 2014 at 7:16 am

Lucas is wayyyy too adorable! Summer food is seriously the best.

7 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves June 2, 2014 at 7:21 am

Now THAT sounds like the epitome of summer in one weekend! Those pictures of Lucas are so adorable.
My weekend included a great lower body workout, a huge sleepover with my dance company, turning 18, and a delicious tapas dinner. Fun stuff!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..18 Things

8 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 2, 2014 at 8:06 am

ahhh SUMMER!! So lucky to have a pool, mama!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..weekend scenes

9 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Hungry June 2, 2014 at 8:14 am

Love all of the pictures! Looks like a fabulous weeken with lots of delicious eats. I need to try that waffle sandwich.
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Hungry recently posted..Best of May 2014

10 Tori June 2, 2014 at 8:30 am

Haha aww poor Cody! But how cute is Lucas in his little hat! He and I definitely look the same when eating watermelon, and getting it all over our faces and loving it :-)
Tori recently posted..HA Recovery

11 Shawna June 2, 2014 at 8:39 am

aww he’s too cute! such a beautiful wknd in NY, right? i had my first Central Park picnic of the year yesterday w/ bro and friends = so great.

12 Heather @fitncookies June 2, 2014 at 9:01 am

Keep those baby pics coming! I love all the adorable things Lucas gets himself into :) Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..My Relaxing Place

13 Shel@PeachyPalate June 2, 2014 at 9:11 am

Weekends are all about yummy breakfasts!!!! Love eggs with jam…you should try blackcurrant or blackberry!!!

14 Jenn@Mark My Miles! June 2, 2014 at 9:17 am

So impressed that Lucas keeps his hat on! My little one refuses to keep his on. Looks like a great weekend!
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..IV + Clothing without walls + Running out of gas.

15 Parita @ myinnershakti June 2, 2014 at 9:19 am

You don’t ever have to apologize for posting pics of Lucas! He’s so cute. :)

And I agree with you – egg, jam, and cheese sandwiches are the best. I’m currently loving TJs fig spread…so good!

16 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives June 2, 2014 at 9:21 am

Awww, Love the pics of Lucas eating the watermelon! Too cute! No apologies needed – I would totally be “that mom” too! ;-) My wknd was pretty laid back… mostly spent at home with hubby and our little Ethan, enjoying family time and also getting some housework done. I did squeeze in a Pure Barre workout on Sunday though. Love wknds like that! :)
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend Fun!

17 Marla June 2, 2014 at 9:29 am

Hi Courtney! Would you mind telling me where you got that pool? We found one with a canopy but it doesn’t cover the whole pool. I love the one you have! Thanks!

18 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 2, 2014 at 9:37 am

I love seeing little babies together. For whatever reason it’s just the cutest thing ever!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Let’s Get to the Music…

19 Jennifer June 2, 2014 at 9:37 am

Super cute pics agree love and need the info on that pool!

20 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty June 2, 2014 at 9:47 am

Is there anything cuter than a little one eating watermelon? I just don’t think so!

21 Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake June 2, 2014 at 10:01 am

Okay, he’s way too adorable eating that watermelon! Lol
I definitely had some good food over the weekend
Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted..Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie Recipe

22 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 2, 2014 at 10:22 am

Are you kidding?! I’d take Lucas photos all.day.long. I’m loving these backyard shots with him in his water gear and chowing down on the watermelon. Ha! Glad you guys had a nice, relaxing weekend. :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Home Tour

23 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire June 2, 2014 at 10:26 am

Ahhh Courtney – Lucas looks SO much like you in the first picture! He is so adorable. Don’t apologize for all the baby pictures – bring em on! He is too cute not to photograph.

Looks like you guys had a great weekend!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Weekend Recap: So Much Rain!

24 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 2, 2014 at 10:28 am

It looks like a great weekend and yes, the weather was absolutely perfect! My husband smoked ribs on the grill yesterday and boy, did they turn out deeeelicious! Ribs are the best!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..PinkBlush Maternity Review and Giveaway

25 Sarah @ Sweet Miles June 2, 2014 at 11:26 am

His little summer outfit is TOO cute!!! That hat!!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Weekend Recap – No Run in Sight

26 Jolynn June 2, 2014 at 11:50 am

Aw I just love pictures of him! My nephew turned one so we celebrated with him!

ps.. how did you like those swimmer diapers? I’m debating getting them for Gavin.
Jolynn recently posted..How Fun my Nephew turned One

27 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork June 2, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Sounds like a great weekend! The pic of you with matching tops is really cute!
This weekend was a bit of a low/high/low at WHD household. I had a lot of homework to do (including a very detailed lab) while WHH did a ton of yardwork. I hated being inside on the computer while it was so nice outside and the husband was busting his butt. Had a meh run yesterday, but will chalk it up to being dehydrated? Tried an acai bowl for the first time at b.good after seeing them all over Fitnessista’s blog. They are delicious!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Easy and Healthy American Chop Suey

28 Kaella (KaellaOnTheRun) June 2, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I LOVE all the Lucas photos– they’re all adorable! I’m totally “THAT mom” too! ;)

Glad you had such a great weekend!
Kaella (KaellaOnTheRun) recently posted..Weekend In Review- Surprise Party, Zoo Trip & Half Marathon

29 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 2, 2014 at 1:01 pm

I seriously love every picture you share of Lucas with his sunglasses on – it’s just too cute! Awesome food over the weekend: sushi on Saturday night. Definitely my favourite thing to do on date nights!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Weekend Recap: Sushi, Surprises and Sunshine.

30 Polly @ Tasty Food Project June 2, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Lucas looks so adorable!! Your dinner also looks incredible! I love ribs. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Tasty Food Weekend!

31 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 2, 2014 at 1:41 pm

And I now have a HUGE craving for a sweet/savory wafflewich! It has been waaaay too long since I have eaten one!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Sweet and Savory Breakfast Polenta and Egg Stack

32 Leigha @ Minougirl June 2, 2014 at 3:15 pm

THOSE PANCAKES. And the mac&cheese. Everything. I remember trying that egg/jam sandwich way back when you had it last time! I totally forgot about it!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Rhubarb Rye Scones

33 Jenny June 2, 2014 at 3:20 pm

LOVE all the Lucas pictures! Never too many. He makes the funniest faces. :) too cute.
Jenny recently posted..Fitness Friday: Does Living Fit Make It Harder to Accept a Medical Issue?

34 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely June 2, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Such a fun weekend! Lots of Lucas pics are never a problem. ;-) I’m going to have to make that cous cous salad – it looks fab!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..A DIY Project + Weekend Wrap-Up

35 Amanda @ A Latte Learn June 2, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Those pictures of Lucas playing outside are adorable!!!
Amanda @ A Latte Learn recently posted..BBQ and Ice Cream

36 Jess @dearhealthyness June 3, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Love Lucas outfit!! Such a modern little boy!!!
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..Juicing

37 ellie @ fit for the soul June 3, 2014 at 1:21 pm

That hat is killin’ me! He looks so darnnnn cute in it. And I agree, sometimes you just can’t help it when you’re a mom and you just love your child to death so you don’t know what else to do but share. Hahh!
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..May Favorites

38 Linz @ Itz Linz June 3, 2014 at 5:17 pm

ok i do the egg and cheese and jam sandwich all the time but never on waffles!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..BoobDesign Nursing Dress

39 Katy June 3, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Too cute!!! I love this time of year when you can go outside and enjoy the weather! This weekend I spent a lot of time outside soaking up the sun and grilling up tasty food!
Katy recently posted..A Look Inside a May Tasterie Box

40 Shelly June 8, 2014 at 1:53 am

This weekend my little guy met McGruff the crime dog, and hung out at a few parks. He loves being outside so much too!
Shelly recently posted..How to Jump Rope

41 McGruff the Crime Dog June 9, 2014 at 10:15 am

Shelley,
It was my pleasure to meet you and our son. Feel free to visit me anytime through my website, mcgruff.org. I hope to see you again soon at another event.