Weekend Highlights {6/2}

I could go on and on all day long about how great this weekend was. We didn’t have too many plans, but we still kept busy nonetheless. Since I still have a bit of stuff to do before heading off for today, I’m gonna keep the chit chat to a minimum and (try to) let the pictures do the talking.

Friday after work, so excited to be home with my boy.

We hung out at home, Jay and I had amazing sushi for dinner, and we hit the hay pretty early.

Saturday morning started out with a batch of Best Ever Fluffy Pancakes.

Which Lucas also thoroughly enjoyed.

Saturday afternoon included grocery shopping, a great workout, and some house work. Then Saturday evening we headed over to Joe and Kate’s house for some dinner and a baby play date.

Dinner was amaaaazing. Joey cooked ribs in his smoker, Kate made homemade mac & cheese (OMG) and Caesar salad, and we (aka, Jay) made the couscous salad we were loving last year, along with some corn bread.

The baby play date went pretty well, too.

They’re gonna make such a cute couple someday.

Sunday started off with another delish breakfast…seriously, it’s been wayyy too long since I did the egg + provolone + raspberry jam waffle sandwich.

waffle sandwich

The rest of Sunday was exactly what I had been wishing for for weeks. Once Lucas went down for his first nap, Jay and I dropped the house work and set up shop outside in our lounge chairs. Of course, it wasn’t all relaxation…we had a few toys to put together for the boy.

Once he was up, the three of us had a little “picnic” out in the backyard, including lots of fresh watermelon and even some Arnold Palmer coolattas from DD’s (OMG try them).

We took about a gazillion photos while we were outside today because we don’t use our good camera nearly as much as we should (umm, hello, have you seen my blog photos these days?!) and figured we should give it a little workout.

I’m having a hard time choosing which ones to share, so I’m just gonna pick a good handful and totally be “that” mom right now…

Sorry, couldn’t help it.

We came in a little before his afternoon nap so he could dry off and wind down a bit. Cody was waiting for us and, obviously, not impressed with the party going on without him.

Lucas’s second nap gave us time to not only uncover our pool (ugh, it needs a new liner, so not cool…), but we also each got in our workout for the day (20 mins HIIT + some Bosu ball strength moves) and got dinner ready.

Marinated grilled chicken, leftover couscous salad, and corn on the cob which, for being beginning of the season, was pretty darn delish.

So that was a rundown of our weekend highlights. Sorry for the total overshare of my child but, ya know, that’s what happens when he’s my biggest highlight. Smile

How was YOUR weekend?! Anything fun happening? Good food? Good workouts? Lemme hear about it!

Comments

Love the Lucas pics! He’s just too adorable! Our weekend was the perfect amount of getting errands done and relaxing…I thikn I got 10 hours of sleep Fri and Sat night! amazing.
    Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Back at it.

Such a great weekend spent with your beautiful family! Loving this summer already! And definitely don’t be sorry about sharing too many pics of Lucas! Girl, post away! He is too cute not to share. :)

Now THAT sounds like the epitome of summer in one weekend! Those pictures of Lucas are so adorable.
    My weekend included a great lower body workout, a huge sleepover with my dance company, turning 18, and a delicious tapas dinner. Fun stuff!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..18 Things

Haha aww poor Cody! But how cute is Lucas in his little hat! He and I definitely look the same when eating watermelon, and getting it all over our faces and loving it :-)
    Tori recently posted..HA Recovery

aww he’s too cute! such a beautiful wknd in NY, right? i had my first Central Park picnic of the year yesterday w/ bro and friends = so great.

You don’t ever have to apologize for posting pics of Lucas! He’s so cute. :)

And I agree with you – egg, jam, and cheese sandwiches are the best. I’m currently loving TJs fig spread…so good!

Awww, Love the pics of Lucas eating the watermelon! Too cute! No apologies needed – I would totally be “that mom” too! ;-) My wknd was pretty laid back… mostly spent at home with hubby and our little Ethan, enjoying family time and also getting some housework done. I did squeeze in a Pure Barre workout on Sunday though. Love wknds like that! :)
    Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend Fun!

8. Marla says

Hi Courtney! Would you mind telling me where you got that pool? We found one with a canopy but it doesn’t cover the whole pool. I love the one you have! Thanks!

Sounds like a great weekend! The pic of you with matching tops is really cute!
    This weekend was a bit of a low/high/low at WHD household. I had a lot of homework to do (including a very detailed lab) while WHH did a ton of yardwork. I hated being inside on the computer while it was so nice outside and the husband was busting his butt. Had a meh run yesterday, but will chalk it up to being dehydrated? Tried an acai bowl for the first time at b.good after seeing them all over Fitnessista’s blog. They are delicious!
    Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Easy and Healthy American Chop Suey

That hat is killin’ me! He looks so darnnnn cute in it. And I agree, sometimes you just can’t help it when you’re a mom and you just love your child to death so you don’t know what else to do but share. Hahh!
    ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..May Favorites