My Best Run in…a Long Time

by Courtney on June 5, 2014

Apparently yesterday was National Running Day? I had no idea until I opened up my blog reader yesterday afternoon and saw about six people in a row blogging about it. I forgot all about it again until last night when, once again, I was reminded of it when I started browsing my Facebook news feed.

So unbeknownst to me, I actually ended up participating in the day with a speedy 3.5 mile run after work (umm yeah, that whole morning workout thing was a no-go yesterday). I was able to finish my first 3 miles in just under 27 minutes, which was easily the best run I’ve had in a loooooong time.

And, I blame my friend Morgan for the stellar performance after she shared her own awesome running stats with me yesterday on our afternoon walk. Hey, I’ll take motivation wherever I can find it!

So that’s what’s new on the exercise front, and I did even manage to get up again this morning for a 30 minute NTC app workout. Who knows how long this little groove will last (they come and go in waves) but I’ll keep riding this particular wave while it lasts because I’m feelin’ goooood.

Other than that? Let’s see…

Salads for lunch the past two days have been pretty darn delicious.

Last night’s dinner of grilled BBQ chicken, creamy garlic shells, and carrots was a pleasant surprise after having our softball game cancelled last minute.

I picked up some more chicken on sale at The Fresh Market on Tuesday so we’re finally restocked.

We’re about one bowl away from finishing off our container of watermelon sherbet. That lasted us all of about 3 days.

I’ve been spending a bunch of time scanning the internet for ideas for Lucas’s first birthday party. I’m pretty sure I have a theme in mind, but I’m having the hardest time not wanting to drop hundreds of dollars on decorations and whatnot that I know I really don’t need. Thank you, Pinterest.

Besides that, there’s not a whole lot to share today. So I’ll leave you with the only recent picture I have of Lucas on my phone from the past few days…

Sometimes, he really cracks me up when he sleeps. I love it. Smile

1 Brynn June 5, 2014 at 6:25 am

It is amazing what a little friendly motivation can do! Great run. I have been slacking on the running front as well, but National Running Day got me up and out the door. We will see if this sticks, running pregnant seems to be a different ballgame.
Brynn recently posted..Thinking Out Loud: Passion

2 Linz @ Itz Linz June 5, 2014 at 6:29 am

nice work on the run!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..what to buy an expecting mom and a baby

3 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen June 5, 2014 at 8:18 am

Great job getting the run in!! It was too rainy here for me to participate in National Running Day…oh well! :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Our First Colorado Race…NEON DASH {GIVEAWAY}

4 Katie@LifesNextBigStep June 5, 2014 at 8:25 am

I take a ton of those pictures too (sleeping baby from the monitor)! Sometimes, the positions she gets herself into, and STAYS asleep, are mind-boggling, but hilarious! I know I’ll be glad I snapped those :)

Great job on the run! That’s super speedy!
Katie@LifesNextBigStep recently posted..Weekend update and Brooke pictures!

5 Parita @ myinnershakti June 5, 2014 at 8:36 am

I didn’t realize it was NRD until after my morning run! Glad I got it in and great job on your run as well!

6 Ashley Carole @ Sweet Carolina Belle June 5, 2014 at 9:07 am

I went on a quick treadmill run that still has my legs sore this morning! I need to try more workout apps like NTC. I find myself too impatient for aps sometimes and print workouts out still or screen shot workouts.
Ashley Carole @ Sweet Carolina Belle recently posted..Perfect Balance

7 Shel@PeachyPalate June 5, 2014 at 9:14 am

Well done on the run!!! That’s an awesome time to get it done in! I’m loving chicken lately…if only I had of known what I was missing out on sooner!

8 Jess @dearhealthyness June 5, 2014 at 9:40 am

Yesterday was national running day… yup I forgot too, at least I ride a bike, does that even count? ha! I’ll run today :D
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..Dear Magazines, Why?

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 5, 2014 at 9:55 am

Yay!! Nice job on the run!!!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Cutting the Carb Cravings

10 Shawna June 5, 2014 at 10:31 am

nice job on your run! great pace.

11 Natalie @ The Ravenous Mommy June 5, 2014 at 10:44 am

I didn’t do any running for running day, I’m bad!

and now I want mac & cheese :)
Natalie @ The Ravenous Mommy recently posted..Bella Needs Your Help!

12 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 5, 2014 at 10:50 am

Strong work on the run, Court! I can’t remember the last time I went on a run. It’s been awhile!

I feel you on the birthday thing. I was really tempted to go all out, but it just wasn’t worth it to me. We did some cute little things at the park, but that was it, and it was perfect. I figured he wouldn’t even remember it anyways, so I’ll save the big birthday bashes with all the crazy decor for when he gets a little older. ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..06/05/14: Thursday Thoughts

13 Britt@MyOwnBalance June 5, 2014 at 11:35 am

Pinterest always makes me feel so inadequate! I don’t have cute enough clothes, inventive enough recipes, fancy enough parties and definitely need better photos! I love it anyway, though!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Zumba Incredible Results

14 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run June 5, 2014 at 11:39 am

Congrats on the great run… on Nat’l Runnin’ Day no less!
Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run recently posted..In the Spirit of Running

15 Becky@TheSavedRunner June 5, 2014 at 11:40 am

Way to go on your run! It’s hard to beat that awesome feeling you get after a good run or workout!

16 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit June 5, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Awesome run!!! What a great way to end the day! And I’m going to need some of those shells and cheese — yum!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..Foolproof Your Fix – 21 Day Fix Tips for Success

17 jade June 5, 2014 at 1:09 pm

I get such a crack up of watching my kiddo in the baby monitor. He’s almost two and I still have it on at night just in case, but he always sleeps in the most interesting positions!

18 Polly @ Tasty Food Project June 5, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Great job on your run! Pinterest is so addicting! I was especially hooked on it while planning my wedding!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..No Mayo Tuna Salad

19 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers June 5, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Ha, what a cutie! Great job on the run. I’ve been running a bit more lately, but it’s not for a love of running (not that I hate it, but I’d prefer to be in the gym). It’s simply all I have time for most days! #momproblems
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Thursday Things

20 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely June 5, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Way to go on the run! I wish I could’ve participated, but…trying to gain some weight so my body will be fully functioning, if ya know what I mean. ;-) It’s encouraging to see your journey and how happy you are with Baby Lucas. Makes the hard days worth it.

I can’t imagine trying to plan a first birthday with all the cute ideas floating around on Pinterest. My feeling is that he’s not going to remember it, so maybe wait a few years to go all out. :-)
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #14

21 Nancy June 5, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Wow that IS pretty speedy for a 5k. Nicely done. Yesterday I decided to take it upon myself to do the longest run I ever have in my entire life (anything over 9km), so I ran 6.25 miles on the treadmill while watching cable TV hahaha
Nancy recently posted..The start to our wedding reception | Sponsored

22 Shelly June 8, 2014 at 1:46 am

He’s so cute! My little guy usually has his legs sticking out of his crib :)
Shelly recently posted..How to Jump Rope