Fun Facts Friday {6/6}

by Courtney on June 6, 2014

1. Did you guys know that today is National Donut Day? AND, did you also know that all day long, Dunkin Donuts is giving out a free donut with the purchase of any beverage? Guess who’s gonna be enjoying her favorite blueberry cake donut this morning just like last year?

2. Trying to find a more natural and eco-friendly carpet cleaner is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. About a month ago, I spilled coffee on our living room carpet and we’ve been trying to find something that’s a little more “baby friendly” to use to clean it (anything homemade  with vinegar has done nothing). I finally found one via The Honest Company (referral link, FYI!) and their stain remover. It’d due to arrive today, so fingers crossed it works.

3. In my opinion, there really is not much better than warm, gooey, undercooked cookies.

IMG_6683-001

Gimme alllll the cookies.

4. Last night was pasta night at the Horan household and Lucas got his first taste of his mama’s sauce.

IMG_6673IMG_6674

I was thrilled to see he was a fan. And he wears it quite well, wouldn’t you say?

5. This weekend needs to include some baking. It’s been way too long (those cookies above were break and bake, they don’t count). I’m thinking maybe cookie bars, but then again, the guys at Jay’s office have been asking for cupcakes for months now. I may just need to try out one of the new cupcake recipes I’ve been contemplating.

6. I really, really, really wish that these dumbbells did not cost $300.

Jay and I want a set of them so badly (talk about an awesome space saver!) but I just can’t justify the cost just yet. Anyone know of anywhere to find them cheap(er)?

7. Got 15 minutes? Go ahead and try out my Booty Burner workout. I totally forgot about it up until last night and decided to go through a round while catching up with some tv. I’ve actually forgotten about a LOT of my older workouts and I think it’s about time I go through a pull some old ones out of the archive!

Alright my friends, I’m cutting things short today…hope you guys have a fab weekend!

1 Linz @ Itz Linz June 6, 2014 at 6:06 am

warm gooey cookies (or cookie dough!) of any kind is definitely amazing!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..SMILE

2 Brynn June 6, 2014 at 6:38 am

Blueberry donuts are my favorite! Totally underrated. I’m doing some baking this weekend for the bachelor party my husband is throwing. He’ll be away so the girls are coming over for a slumber party!!
Brynn recently posted..Putting It All Out There

3 Abi@AbsofSteel June 6, 2014 at 6:46 am

Adjustable dumbbells always seem like such an awesome idea until you see the price, so frustrating!
Abi@AbsofSteel recently posted..Catching Up

4 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen June 6, 2014 at 7:27 am

Thanks for the reminder about donut day! Brian (my husband) has the day off and is running all of our errands…and Blueberry Cake Donuts are his fav!!! Definitely sent him a message telling him about the Dunkin Donuts deal!! :)

Have a great weekend!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Five Things Friday 6.6.2014

5 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie June 6, 2014 at 7:27 am

I love undercooked cookies! I won’t eat them any other way (Ok, I might, but it’s not my favorite).

6 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 6, 2014 at 7:48 am

Gooey cookies are the best and I’m thinking I need to do to Dunkin Donuts today! Now I’m craving a big ole’ donut! Have a great weekend!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Cutting the Carb Cravings

7 Jane June 6, 2014 at 7:49 am

Right when you spill something on a carpet, put club soda on the stain, let it sit for about 3-5 minutes, and then wipe it up. It works like a charm! I have seen club soda take red white out of a white carpet. I don’t think it works on existing stains…but in the future!

8 Stacey M. June 6, 2014 at 7:55 am

Lol, Lucas looks like he had a great time with that pasta. Ah, to be a kid again …

I’ve actually been using those exact dumbells at home for a few weeks now. My fiance’s cousin is storing his workout equipment in our basement for the time being, and as it turns out he has a pair of the Bowflex Select Tech weights. I LOVE them! It’s so nice to just turn the dial and select a weight … I think they go from 5 lbs. up to 50 lbs. or something like that. I guess I didn’t realize they were so costly though … and now I’m really sad knowing that he’ll come to reclaim them.

9 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Awww bummer! Somehow, I guess they’ll just have to wind up…misplaced? ;)

10 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork June 6, 2014 at 8:01 am

There isn’t anything better than undercooked cookies! I hadn’t had them in a long time due to being gluten free, but when my husband and I were grocery shopping one day, our eyes both locked on a tub of Pillsbury gf chocolate chip cookies. The Whole Health Dork in me knew they were bad, bad, bad, but sometimes it’s okay. They were delicious and the husband thought they tasted just like normal cookies.
I also have been eyeing those weights! Our stash of dumbbells takes up a ton of space, not to mention all of the plates. Yes, I could have worse problems. I’ve seen similar ones at Target for less money, but it’s only 25 lb. per weight. http://www.target.com/p/reebok-adjustable-pair-weights-black-silver-25lb/-/A-13653199#prodSlot=medium_1_40
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..New Year’s Goals Check-In: May

11 Rebecca June 6, 2014 at 8:33 am

Check craigslist for weights! A friend of mine got a set, similar to those, for a lot less, between $50-75, I think.

12 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:06 pm

I have looked, but nothing in my area right now…I’m keeping my eyes peeled though!

13 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I have looked but nothing in my area! :(

14 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine June 6, 2014 at 8:49 am

ohhhh yes! I’ve had national donut day marked on my calendar for days!! A holiday NOT to be missed! :)

15 Donna Boudreau June 6, 2014 at 8:57 am

My daughter, who just graduated last night (YAY!), works at Dunkins and she is DREADING today. Thankfully, she’s only working 3-6.

16 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Oh my gosh, I can’t imagine working there today. Good thing she has a short shift! :)

17 Nicole June 6, 2014 at 8:58 am

We have those weights in our at home gym. We LOVE them and justified it as a few months of a gym membership that we no long have. We checked craigslist, but no luck for us.

18 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Gahhhh, I want them so bad! Lucky!! (but good and valid points for justifying the purchase!) :)

19 Heather @fitncookies June 6, 2014 at 9:11 am

Those dumbbells would be amazing to have! I have found some good ones on Craigslist. Super cheap to buy them! They can just be so expensive in the store!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Weekend Getaway + First Week teaching Group Fitness

20 Cristina June 6, 2014 at 9:27 am

The weights are great in theory, but are quite bulky. I have a hard time using them for squats or walking lunges because they get in the way. Don’t get me wrong I still use them, but I suggest going to the store to try them out first! :)

21 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Hmmmm, totally good points! Guess I’ll have to bust out some squats and lunges in the middle of the store ;)

22 Leigha @ Minougirl June 6, 2014 at 9:38 am

If only I had a DD anywhere near me!! Maybe I’ll just have to make some homemade doughnuts :)
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – Food Freedom

23 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers June 6, 2014 at 9:50 am

Blueberry cake with the light glaze is the best donut ever. If I hit up D&D today, and I’m trying pretty hard not to, that’s exactly what I’ll get. However, if E gives me another day like yesterday, mama’s gonna need a treat and some extra caffeine!!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Thursday Things

24 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:05 pm

OMG, isn’t it the best?! Mama, you need to go treat yourself. ;)

25 Lauren June 6, 2014 at 10:17 am

I would check out Craigslist! I found my elliptical on there (Horizon) for only 300$ when it’s normally in the thousands! If you keep searching, you’ll maybe score a deal!

26 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:04 pm

That’s an AWESOME deal! I’ve had no luck on there yet…but I’ll keep looking!

27 Anna June 6, 2014 at 11:08 am

Try Craigslist for the weights! There’s always tons of deals on fitness equipment on the site.

28 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:04 pm

I’ve tried, but nothing yet! I’ll keep looking though!

29 Auror@Fitness is Sweet June 6, 2014 at 11:16 am

Those cookies look amazing. There really is nothing better!
Auror@Fitness is Sweet recently posted..Summer State of Mind

30 Jolynn June 6, 2014 at 11:21 am

Try Craigslist for the dumbbells.
Jolynn recently posted..Stitch Fix is my new favorite love!

31 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:04 pm

I’ve tried, but nothing yet! I’m keeping my eyes peeled :)

32 Becky@TheSavedRunner June 6, 2014 at 11:26 am

My husband just last night bought us a ton of weights and even a bench press as my anniversary gift. They are really nice, and he found them on Craiglist for a great deal. Maybe you could check there for a deal on weights like you are wanting?

33 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I have looked there, but nothing yet…I’m keeping my eyes peeled though!

34 Jenny June 6, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I would LOVE those weights myself!! Have a great weekend!
Jenny recently posted..Fitness Friday {And a Very Special Day!}

35 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 6, 2014 at 1:21 pm

That dumbbell set looks SO awesome! I wish they were not $300 too :( Also… undercooking cookies is definitely the BEST way to bake them. I don’t like my cookies crispy! :/
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Three Cooks One Kitchen: Summertime Grillin’

36 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 6, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I’ve been curious about The Honest Company products. Hopefully it works well!

I have to agree, Lucas does wear your sauce very well. Hehe :)
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Silk Chocolate Pie {vegan and gluten-free}

37 Jess @dearhealthyness June 6, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I must say that I need adjustable weights as well, but first, I need a real justification, darn it!! hahaha national donuts day… I don’t remember the last time I had one, maybe I should grab one? Oh well, maybe tomorrow, or the day after!
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..Friday Favorites: Juices and Rides

38 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Oh, you’ve got to get one!! :)

39 Polly @ Tasty Food Project June 6, 2014 at 2:41 pm

My husband has those same dumbbells! You can have them! I think he’s only used them once within the last year! lol
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..So Close to Home + Friday Favorites

40 Courtney June 6, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Wait, what?!? Seriously??? Don’t tease me! :) That would be quite a costly shipping charge going across the US from Seattle to NY! ;)

41 Polly @ Tasty Food Project June 6, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I would give them to you but my husband would probably be very upset with me. :(
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..So Close to Home + Friday Favorites

42 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit June 6, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Funny that you like under cooked cookies – I’m all about a little burnt, over cooked cookie! Yum!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..How The Week Went Down + Healthy Vaca Planning

43 Shel@PeachyPalate June 6, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Pasta night photos are the best! Ashley had one up of Hunter only yesterday!

44 ellie @ fit for the soul June 6, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Ah, I was going to say maybe Craigslist has those dumbbells but I guess not in your area from the comments. Maybe keep checking in sporadically?! :P And omygosh babies and their pasta–so cute and oh-so-messy!
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Korean Recipe: How to Make Kimbap

45 pat June 7, 2014 at 8:30 am

You can justify by saying they’re for Jay for Father’s day AND his birthday, and maybe your birthday too!

46 Michelle June 7, 2014 at 10:12 am

I’ve seen those weights at Costco. Maybe see if they’re still there. Good luck!

47 Shelly June 8, 2014 at 1:43 am

I’ve seen those weights before. They would be so nice to have! I can’t wait to do some major baking this weekend: truffles, cookies, granola & waffles.

48 Nikki @ grab your kicks June 8, 2014 at 4:19 pm

I used to heat up a plate of chips ahoy cookies after school. One of my best memories of high school! Not much better than a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie. :)
Nikki @ grab your kicks recently posted..Ultimate Coffee Date Link Up 3

49 Lindsay Edwards June 8, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Check ebay for those weights. You can usually find super discounted stuff on there! :)

50 Sarah June 9, 2014 at 10:46 am

My husband has those weights. He bought them from Craigslist/Kijiji. They were new (still in the box). I think they were $200 or so.