Fun Facts Friday {6/6}

1. Did you guys know that today is National Donut Day? AND, did you also know that all day long, Dunkin Donuts is giving out a free donut with the purchase of any beverage? Guess who’s gonna be enjoying her favorite blueberry cake donut this morning just like last year?

2. Trying to find a more natural and eco-friendly carpet cleaner is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. About a month ago, I spilled coffee on our living room carpet and we’ve been trying to find something that’s a little more “baby friendly” to use to clean it (anything homemade  with vinegar has done nothing). I finally found one via The Honest Company (referral link, FYI!) and their stain remover. It’d due to arrive today, so fingers crossed it works.

3. In my opinion, there really is not much better than warm, gooey, undercooked cookies.

Gimme alllll the cookies.

4. Last night was pasta night at the Horan household and Lucas got his first taste of his mama’s sauce.

I was thrilled to see he was a fan. And he wears it quite well, wouldn’t you say?

5. This weekend needs to include some baking. It’s been way too long (those cookies above were break and bake, they don’t count). I’m thinking maybe cookie bars, but then again, the guys at Jay’s office have been asking for cupcakes for months now. I may just need to try out one of the new cupcake recipes I’ve been contemplating.

6. I really, really, really wish that these dumbbells did not cost $300.

Jay and I want a set of them so badly (talk about an awesome space saver!) but I just can’t justify the cost just yet. Anyone know of anywhere to find them cheap(er)?

7. Got 15 minutes? Go ahead and try out my Booty Burner workout. I totally forgot about it up until last night and decided to go through a round while catching up with some tv. I’ve actually forgotten about a LOT of my older workouts and I think it’s about time I go through a pull some old ones out of the archive!

Alright my friends, I’m cutting things short today…hope you guys have a fab weekend!

Blueberry donuts are my favorite! Totally underrated. I’m doing some baking this weekend for the bachelor party my husband is throwing. He’ll be away so the girls are coming over for a slumber party!!
    Brynn recently posted..Putting It All Out There

2. Jane says

Right when you spill something on a carpet, put club soda on the stain, let it sit for about 3-5 minutes, and then wipe it up. It works like a charm! I have seen club soda take red white out of a white carpet. I don’t think it works on existing stains…but in the future!

3. Stacey M. says

Lol, Lucas looks like he had a great time with that pasta. Ah, to be a kid again …

I’ve actually been using those exact dumbells at home for a few weeks now. My fiance’s cousin is storing his workout equipment in our basement for the time being, and as it turns out he has a pair of the Bowflex Select Tech weights. I LOVE them! It’s so nice to just turn the dial and select a weight … I think they go from 5 lbs. up to 50 lbs. or something like that. I guess I didn’t realize they were so costly though … and now I’m really sad knowing that he’ll come to reclaim them.

There isn’t anything better than undercooked cookies! I hadn’t had them in a long time due to being gluten free, but when my husband and I were grocery shopping one day, our eyes both locked on a tub of Pillsbury gf chocolate chip cookies. The Whole Health Dork in me knew they were bad, bad, bad, but sometimes it’s okay. They were delicious and the husband thought they tasted just like normal cookies.
    I also have been eyeing those weights! Our stash of dumbbells takes up a ton of space, not to mention all of the plates. Yes, I could have worse problems. I’ve seen similar ones at Target for less money, but it’s only 25 lb. per weight.
    Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..New Year’s Goals Check-In: May

5. Rebecca says

Check craigslist for weights! A friend of mine got a set, similar to those, for a lot less, between $50-75, I think.

6. Donna Boudreau says

My daughter, who just graduated last night (YAY!), works at Dunkins and she is DREADING today. Thankfully, she’s only working 3-6.

7. Nicole says

We have those weights in our at home gym. We LOVE them and justified it as a few months of a gym membership that we no long have. We checked craigslist, but no luck for us.

8. Cristina says

The weights are great in theory, but are quite bulky. I have a hard time using them for squats or walking lunges because they get in the way. Don’t get me wrong I still use them, but I suggest going to the store to try them out first! :)

• Courtney says

Hmmmm, totally good points! Guess I’ll have to bust out some squats and lunges in the middle of the store 😉

Blueberry cake with the light glaze is the best donut ever. If I hit up D&D today, and I’m trying pretty hard not to, that’s exactly what I’ll get. However, if E gives me another day like yesterday, mama’s gonna need a treat and some extra caffeine!!
    Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Thursday Things

I would check out Craigslist! I found my elliptical on there (Horizon) for only 300$ when it’s normally in the thousands! If you keep searching, you’ll maybe score a deal!

My husband just last night bought us a ton of weights and even a bench press as my anniversary gift. They are really nice, and he found them on Craiglist for a great deal. Maybe you could check there for a deal on weights like you are wanting?

12. pat says

You can justify by saying they’re for Jay for Father’s day AND his birthday, and maybe your birthday too!

I’ve seen those weights before. They would be so nice to have! I can’t wait to do some major baking this weekend: truffles, cookies, granola & waffles.

14. Sarah says

My husband has those weights. He bought them from Craigslist/Kijiji. They were new (still in the box). I think they were $200 or so.