Father’s Day Highlights

by Courtney on June 16, 2014

After a fabulous weekend and a wonderful Father’s Day spent with family, I’ve saved little time for catching up on all of that other stuff that comes with Sunday night. Ya know, like packing lunches, getting clothes ready, all that jazz…

So since I’m typing this up on Sunday evening, I’m going to keep it short and sweet with just a few words to go along with our pics from Father’s Day.

Lucas gave mommy and daddy the gift of sleeping in until 8am. We already knew it was gonna be a great day from there.

IMG_7388-001

Morning presents for daddy from Lucas.

Including this last minute gift idea I decided to do on Friday. Mmhmmm, it was…a task. We’ll leave it at that!

Cinnamon rolls and iced coffees for breakfast.

These cinnamon rolls are so. freakin’. good.

Afternoon family time and loungin’ on the back deck.

A whole pitcher of homemade sangria that I was the only one drinking…I’m not complaining, but I still have quite a bit leftover.

Burgers and dogs on the grill with mac and pasta salads.

And, my favorite, a request by Jay for a Heath Bar Brownie Trifle.

Wanna try it yourself? All I did was layer brownies, Cool Whip, chocolate pudding, cheesecake pudding, and Heath bits.

So easy. SO delicious.

More family time (it’s amazing how well one little babe can entertain a crowd, isn’t it?).

Lucas and papa.

Me and the best dad in the whole entire world.

photo (4)

Uncle Dan being goofy.

photo (3)

And, of course, the most amazing guy I could ever ask for as the father of our little Lucas.

I just love those two. Like, a whole lot. Smile

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I’ll catch ya later this week!

1 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers June 16, 2014 at 8:16 am

Trifles are quickly becoming my favorite dessert. I mean, brownies. Really.

You have such a beautiful family. I’m glad you all enjoyed the day!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..How Not to Run a Race

2 Tori June 16, 2014 at 8:20 am

Oh my goodness, that brownie heath bar trifle is brilliant! Definitely making those next time I’m craving chocolate :-)
Tori recently posted..6 Reasons Why Everyone Needs A Dog

3 Brynn June 16, 2014 at 8:54 am

What a cute picture of Lucas spelling Dad! It looks like such a great weekend with family and loved ones. And that trifle?! WOW!
Brynn recently posted..Katie and Chad’s Wedding & Father’s Day

4 Linz @ Itz Linz June 16, 2014 at 9:02 am

So sweet! Little ones definitely entertain a crowd!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Itz Father’s Day 2014

5 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie June 16, 2014 at 9:10 am

What a sweet first Father’s Day! And that trifle? I need to hop on making that soon!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Weekend Confessions

6 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 16, 2014 at 9:15 am

Looks like a great Father’s Day celebration! Love those Immaculate cinnamon rolls too!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Cauliflower “Couscous” with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing

7 Shel@PeachyPalate June 16, 2014 at 9:18 am

When there’s suddenly children in the equation you do kind of think “what on earth did we do to amuse ourselves before!?”…drank more probably!

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 16, 2014 at 9:22 am

Looks like a great father’s day! I’ll help you with that homemade sangria, looks delicious! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Johnnyswim

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 16, 2014 at 9:32 am

So now I’m only thinking about cinnamon rolls and brownies trifles! Can you tell my sweet tooth is in full force this morning!? ;-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Lots of Favorites

10 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 16, 2014 at 9:34 am

Can I email you behind the scenes about pumping and starting back to work? my sister needs advice and I thought of you!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..#blend2014 photo recap (part II)

11 Courtney June 16, 2014 at 9:41 am

Of course!!

12 Angie @ Pint of Goals June 16, 2014 at 10:03 am

I made my husband one of those “DAD” photo collage this year also! I want to take new pictures of my daughter every year to keep the collage current.
Looks like you had another lovely weekend!

13 Britt@MyOwnBalance June 16, 2014 at 10:40 am

So adorable! Lucas is looking more and more like you the older he gets! You can see his hair taking on the same shade as yours!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Dads, Target, the Beach and More!

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 16, 2014 at 10:44 am

Aww, what a gorgeous family!! And of course, the DAD picture is adorable ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Weekend Recap: Fathers Day Weekend.

15 Ali June 16, 2014 at 12:06 pm

That “DAD” picture is so cute! I wish I would have thought of that:)

16 Heather @ Housewife Glamour June 16, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Looks like you had a great weekend! And all of the eats look delish. Especially that brownie concoction. YUM!

Also, Lucas is the cutest. :)
Heather @ Housewife Glamour recently posted..That Time We Went Hiking, Kind Of.

17 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit June 16, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Just looking at the sangria, BBQ food, and outdoor pictures makes me happy. I love Summer!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..Chocoholic Protein Cupcakes {Guest Post}

18 Kaella (KaellaOnTheRun) June 16, 2014 at 12:29 pm

It looks like you had a GREAT weekend!!!!!

Those water tables are the best– it still keeps our little guy entertained for ages :)
Kaella (KaellaOnTheRun) recently posted..Weekend in Review & Unplugging

19 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 16, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I can’t imagine the overwhelming love you must feel looking at Jay with Lucas. The pictures of them together are so precious. And hey, the last minute gift idea got the point across, right? haha

I agree with you, those cinnamon rolls are amazing!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Immunity-Boosting Tomato Sauce with Mushrooms

20 Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse June 16, 2014 at 1:03 pm

What a fun Father’s Day! I know what you mean about a baby capturing all of the attention ha! I have a 4.5 month old and she is the main attraction whenever she is in the room :)

21 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives June 16, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Ha!!! Our little Ethan gave us a similar present for Father’s Day! He slept in for the first time Ever from 11pm to 6:15 AM! Even though that’s still on the early side, believe you me, hubby and I were ecstatic! Lol! :-) And awww the “DAD” pics with Lucas are too cute! A friend of mine did something similar – soo love that idea! Glad you all had a great Father’s Day!!
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..A Day in the Life…

22 Polly @ Tasty Food Project June 16, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Looks like a fun father’s day weekend! Lucas is so adorable!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Pineapple Curry Fried Quinoa

23 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun June 16, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Aww happy first father’s day to Jay!!!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Fear

24 ellie @ fit for the soul June 17, 2014 at 2:58 am

Ohhh you always manage to make the simplest dishes look so fanshyyy! :D

25 Tracey June 17, 2014 at 6:37 am

Do u pack ur salads on Sunday nite for the whole week? What is the dressing u always recommend? Love ur blog. Tx.

26 Courtney June 17, 2014 at 8:35 am

Thanks! Sometimes I’ll make a couple on Sundays, but not enough for a full week. I’ll just prep the bases with veggies then add meats, cheese, or anything else that will spoil quickly the night before. Some of my favorite dressings:
Ken’s light balsamic
Ken’s northern Italian
Kraft roasted red pepper

27 Bre & Ree June 17, 2014 at 4:20 pm

The cinnamon rolls look to die for! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend and your last minute gift idea was super cute! Hope you have a great week!
~Bre
Bre & Ree recently posted..things i’m loving right now

28 Shelly June 18, 2014 at 1:03 am

That dessert looks delicious! I must try it!!
Shelly recently posted..Killer Butt, Wild Things & Father’s Day

29 Nala June 20, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Aww! Happy Belated Fathers day to Jay! What a cutie Lucas is! Those cinnamon rolls look delicious and that Heath Bar Trifle looks to die for!