1. The weather forecast for the next, like, 5 days shows high 70′s – low 80′s with totally sunny skies. That is basically the most perfect weather EVER.
2. Have you guys tried and/or heard about the new pancakes from Kodiak Cakes?
They now make “Power Cakes” which basically taste just like their original pancakes, but with some added protein to help keep you fuller longer. I tried ‘em out earlier this week topped with some peanut butter (even MORE protein!), bananas, and a little maple syrup.
3. So I’ve been using a new shampoo and conditioner the past week or so, and I swear, it smells just like peach schnapps…which then leaves me craving a nice, fruity cocktail at 6am.
I do like the stuff though, which is always a plus.
4. Last night was book club night, and it had been so long since I finished the book, I arrived there having no idea what book we were even supposed to be discussing (it was Sharp Objects). Not that it reeeeally matters…I mean, we talk about the book for like, 10 minutes and then the rest is girl chat. As it should be.
5. I swear, I think it’s been almost two weeks since I’ve stepped foot in a Target store. I can hardly believe it.
6. However, in reference to #5 above, I think I may need to break that streak because I really want to buy a Ped Egg.
No, I’m not joking. My feet have a case of the nasties, and I can’t keep paying for pedicures all the time (as much as I’d looove to). Anyone ever use one? Does it work? Have I totally grossed you out?
7. Do you guys remember my friend Christina? You know, the super talented one that makes customized ornaments and tree prints? Well she’s currently raising money for Paws in the Park, which is a walk taking place tomorrow which will benefit the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society. Her and her friend Bonnie are walking as a team, and they’re in the hunt to try and reach 2nd place. The money raised at this walk will help the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society rescue more dogs (and other animals) and pay for the expenses that occur while fostering this furry babies until they are able to find their forever home. In Christina’s words, “I really want to kick butt in this. This is my first year in the walk and I would love to take the event by storm and raise as much money as I can to help give more dogs the chance to find the love they deserve.”
Hearing her talk about it last night was proof that she is extremely passionate about this (she has two rescue pups, Blue and Gunther, which are super adorable).
If anyone is interested in donating towards the cause (no donation is too small, and all are tax deductible) please feel free to check out her link! http://pawswalk.mohawkhumane.
8. These Inner Peas snacks from Trader Joe’s are my new favorite “thing.” So salty, so crunchy.