Fun Facts Friday {6/27}

by Courtney on June 27, 2014

1. We are beachin’ it this weekend! It’s Lucas’s first time on the beach and I’m already envisioning loads of sand straight to his mouth (just like everything else). Let’s hope that everyone telling me “it only takes one time!” is right. On another note, I. Am. Pumped. for some Seashell this weekend!!

2. My baby turns 11 months old today. That means he’s only one month away from being a year old…which means I’m about one month away from crying my eyes out. Talk about the fastest year of my life.

3. I’m sure that pretty much all of you, by now, have heard of the ever-so-popular Color Me Rad 5K Race (<- affiliate link, heads up!). You know, that cool one where you start off with a nice, crisp white shirt and wind up looking something like this?

1VWSHoEbmN54n7vzOTC3Affv7vITnzAS2ydIoo1BKgg

Well this year, the race is actually coming to my area (October 5th, for the locals!) and I’m totally participating. Who wants to join meeee???

Right now through July 10th, anyone who signs up for one of their races in 2014 can receive 15% off of their registration using the promo code “RADFIT” at checkout.

And I’m telling  you, let’s get a local group together for this! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

4. Back in January, I ordered Lucas a pair of baby Reeboks, and they now finally fit him!

I seriously wish babies didn’t grow so quick. He should have a pair of these in every single size.

5. I’ve been meaning to include this on a FFF post for weeks (months?) and today I’ve finally remembered. Okay, what is up with all of the yogurt companies dropping their cup sizes from 6 ounces to 5.3…and still charging me the same price?!? So not cool. I’d like my full 6 ounces back, please and thank you.

6. Lucas has a new favorite game…it’s called go in and empty out anything and everything he can get his hands on.

Oy vey.

7. Jay and I had these Crockpot Tex-Mex Chicken Lettuce Wraps on Wednesday (can you tell we’re in crockpot mode?) and they were really good. SO simple to make, and I honestly loved having the lettuce wraps way more than I expected (I’m a carbs girl all the way, you know me!).

8. I’m pretty sure that my second video is airing today on The Better Show! If I find a direct link to that video, I’ll be sure to add it in, but for now, here’s a link to their show lineup. The recipe for that video is sooooo yummy. And speaking of…have you guys checked out the Oster Versa 1100 Challenge page on Fitness Magazine’s website yet?

9. Okay, I’m stopping things here because as of right now, I still have some packing to do before we actually hit the road (I’m going TOTAL last minute here). Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! I’ll catch ya next week.

1 Brynn June 27, 2014 at 6:18 am

Wow, I can’t believe Lucas is going to be one! Time does fly. Have fun this weekend. I love days spent at the beach !
Brynn recently posted..Accepting My New Limits – Pregnancy Fitness

2 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 27, 2014 at 6:55 am

Baby shoes are the cutest! But, you’re right, babies grow so fast you could spend a fortune on shoes. Did not notice the yogurt thing… very interesting… You are going to have so much fun at the beach and I bet you get some really great picture!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole

3 Stacey M. June 27, 2014 at 7:57 am

I wish I lived a little closer to you because I would TOTALLY LOVE to join in on that Color Me Rad run in October. I only live ~2 hours northwest of you, but it’s still far enough away to make the travel time an issue … ugh. How cool would that be though?! It would be awesome to meet you in person AND get plastered in color at the same time!

Your trip to the beach this coming weekend sounds like the perfect getaway … hope you all have a great time! I’m sure there will be plenty of picture-taking opportunities – I mean, baby on the beach?!? Just precious. Enjoy!

4 Shel@PeachyPalate June 27, 2014 at 8:00 am

Lots of fun facts!!! Love little miniature runners on babies so cute!! Have to check out those lettuce wraps..would love a crockpot!!!

5 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine June 27, 2014 at 8:12 am

You should get him to empty out the dishwasher and dryer! ;) Haha!

6 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige June 27, 2014 at 8:27 am

Have fun at the beach! I’m sure Lucas will be just adorable there! :)
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Currently Survey

7 Suzanne @ Mrs Mix It June 27, 2014 at 8:37 am

The color runs are so much fun, especially with a group!

I love the beach! I love watching little ones discover the sand and the waves. Y’all have SO much fun!

8 Britt@MyOwnBalance June 27, 2014 at 8:42 am

Maybe Lucas thinks he is helping? Haha. So adorable! Have fun at the beach!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Food & Fitness: Healthy Eating + Yoga Props

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 27, 2014 at 9:01 am

I’ve been dying to go to the beach! We haven’t been there yet this season, but hopefully will get there soon!

Now off to check out that crock pot recipe!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..A Twin Gender Reveal

10 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun June 27, 2014 at 9:07 am

Awww have fun at the beach with Lucas! That sounds like it will be an AWESOME time!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..5 Songs I’m Loving On My iPod

11 brittany June 27, 2014 at 9:13 am

fage is still 6 oz! i think it’s the only one though (lucky for me it’s also my favorite ;))
brittany recently posted..blue skies smiling at me.

12 Beks June 27, 2014 at 9:39 am

I’ve done ColorMeRad for the last two years, and this year, my sister did it with me, and our best friends were both there, cheering us on. It was awesome! Hope you get a great crowd!

13 Coco June 27, 2014 at 10:15 am

I thought The Color Run came first and then Color Me Rad ripped them off, but I’m not sure (and who really cares? haha). All I know is I did the Color Run twice and it’s a blast, so I am sure Color Me Rad will be just as awesome!
Coco recently posted..Disappearing Act

14 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 27, 2014 at 10:41 am

Have SO much fun at the beach! We’re going on a California beach vacation in August, and I cannot WAIT for Hunter to experience it. We took him up to NorCal when he was about 6 months old, but we didn’t do a lot of beachin’ since it was too cold.

Haha, Hunter has been in the “taking things out of tubs/boxes/cupboards/you name it” for months now. It was reallllly interesting when we were trying to pack our house in Utah!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Few of My Favorite Easy Summer Dinners

15 Linz @ Itz Linz June 27, 2014 at 11:17 am

have so much fun at the beach!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..good stuff

16 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie June 27, 2014 at 11:17 am

I don’t even have a baby, but I love looking at baby shoes. They are just so tiny!

Have fun at the beach!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Fitbloggin Fun

17 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run June 27, 2014 at 11:22 am

enjoy the beach!!

18 Amy June 27, 2014 at 11:27 am

AWESOME JOB COURTNEY!!!! Have a great beach vay-k and eat some ice cream for me :)

19 Monica June 27, 2014 at 2:56 pm

A friend and I did the Color Run in Grand Rapids two summers ago! It was a blast!

20 Tessa June 27, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Omg, I so want to do the color run! I’ve commented before that I am moving to the area in late July, so having a fun group running event on the calendar would be awesomeee (umm I know no one in the area yet). Seriously, let me know if you do a group thing!

21 Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl June 27, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I have been saying the same thing about those bogus 5.3 oz yogurts! Do they really think I don’t notice the suddenly absent .7 ounces? I always buy the 6oz ones that have maintained their integrity (unless the 5.3oz are on major sale). Have fun at the beach!
Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl recently posted..Three Things Thursday

22 Arimey June 27, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I’m already signed up for the Color Me Rad in October, so I’ll definitely see you there! Can’t wait! Hope you have a great time this weekend :)

23 ellie @ fit for the soul June 27, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I so hope Lucas doesn’t eat too much sand, or none at all! And I love it when babies start taking everything out….sooo cute. :D

24 Runner Girl Eats June 29, 2014 at 7:44 am

Hope you are having a great time on the beach! I can’t believe L is almost one year!
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Pad Thai and Pearl Jam

25 Katie July 3, 2014 at 12:53 pm

I’ve done the Color Me Rad race before and LOVED it! My fellow runner friends that I normally go with have either moved or aren’t around this weekend so if you’re getting a team together I’m totally there. What wave did you register for?
Katie recently posted..Photo A Day…For A Year Challenge

26 Courtney July 11, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I actually wounding up holding off for now and haven’t registered yet! Are you definitely racing? Do you know which wave you did/will register for?

27 Katie July 14, 2014 at 9:51 am

I am definitely racing and signed up for the 9am wave. I found some friends at work that will be around that weekend too so we decided to create a team. I don’t know if you’ll be creating your own team, but you’re welcome to join ours if you’d like. Let me know if you need our team info. It should be a great time!
Katie recently posted..Motivational Monday – Charm