Weekend Highlights {6/30} from Wildwood!

by Courtney on June 30, 2014

Hello! Happy last day* of June to all of you!

*Edited: I originally wrote month instead of day because apparently I’m losing it. Whoops.

It’s Sunday night as I’m sitting down to type this post, and I’m quickly realizing that my available brain power to put together any coherent words to summarize our weekend is slim. Our little family had a great, long weekend away in Wildwood, NJ with my parents. The weather was beautiful, Lucas was so well-behaved, and we had plenty of time to just sit back and relax…although, being on vacation with a baby is definitely not quite as relaxing as I’m used to. But it’s cool. He’s totally worth it.

So since I still have a bunch of stuff to take care of before the work week begins, I’ll leave you with a few of my favorite pics from the weekend.

First time experiencing the ocean…he loved it.

Those of you who said that one handful of sand would be all it’d take for him to realize he didn’t like it? You lied.

IMG_7498IMG_7518

This kid was eating sand like a boss for two days straight. So gross.

Family photo attempt #1…

Take #2 was much better.

“Where’s my toes, mom?”

These two…melt my heart.

One of my favorite spots.

Ice cream sundae the size of my face (the photo doesn’t do it justice…but this one will).

Lucas’s first time on the merry-go-round. He wasn’t all that impressed.

Relaxing poolside while gramma and papa hung out with Lucas while he napped.

Beautiful view from our balcony once the babe went to bed.

<3<3<3

Alright, I’ll check in with you cool cats later!

1 Brynn June 30, 2014 at 6:27 am

The last picture is too cute!

2 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie June 30, 2014 at 7:01 am

Baby sunglasses are just the cutest thing ever invented!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..CrossFit and Cake

3 Lauren June 30, 2014 at 7:04 am

So great that you got to get away for the weekend! I love going into Wildwood when we go to Cape May. Such a nice little beach. :) Glad you had a great time!

4 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers June 30, 2014 at 7:25 am

ahhhh that last picture = family photo GOLD!!!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Simple Sides For Your Summertime BBQ

5 Linz @ Itz Linz June 30, 2014 at 8:24 am

cutest beach baby! and that sundae?! oh yes! i had a birthday cake milkshake last night – it was AMAZING!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Where’s William?

6 Emily @ Emilia de la Playa June 30, 2014 at 8:38 am

The last picture is adorable! Frame that one for sure.
To commiserate, my one-year-old would eat all the sand if I let her.
Emily @ Emilia de la Playa recently posted..how do you see yourself?

7 Stacey M. June 30, 2014 at 8:41 am

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Love all those pics … what a beautiful family.

8 Sarah @ Sweet Miles June 30, 2014 at 9:02 am

Ooh he is for sure a beach bum :) Look at how cute he is! Glad you guys had a good experience, I know you’re already itching to do it again!!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..River City 5K Recap: Burns Park, Little Rock

9 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 30, 2014 at 9:02 am

the beach! i have a love/hate relationship with the sand and kids.
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..practically a star

10 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 30, 2014 at 9:04 am

I think that last photo needs to be printed and framed. So adorable!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Weekend Recap: Sushi and BBQ.

11 Shel@PeachyPalate June 30, 2014 at 9:31 am

Yay for beach time! Delighted he liked it!! Sundae looks AWESOME!

12 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona June 30, 2014 at 9:32 am

Looks like you guys had a great weekend.
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..Hiding in the Corner of Yoga Class

13 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine June 30, 2014 at 10:20 am

Love y’alls family photos! So, so sweet!

14 Jenny June 30, 2014 at 10:26 am

LOVE these photos! What great memories. Lucas is so animated with his facial expressions! And I’m fairly sure the last photo is my favorite!
Jenny recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday {Going Regimental}

15 Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) June 30, 2014 at 10:30 am

What a fun trip!! Lucas is so cute in his shades…. I love the attempted family pics :) getting harder and harder these days huh.

We go to the beach tomorrow!

16 Britt@MyOwnBalance June 30, 2014 at 10:43 am

So so so cute! I can’t wait to head to the beach with my babe when he finally gets here!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..MyYogaWorks + One Month of Free Yoga

17 Beks June 30, 2014 at 10:59 am

I wish I lived near a beach! It always looks like so much fun, just walking along, playing in the surf. Curse my midwestern roots….
Beks recently posted..Weekly Workout Challenge

18 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 30, 2014 at 11:10 am

I love all of the sweet family pics! So cute.
And why do babies like to eat sand so much?! My nieces go to town every time and I just don’t get it.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Best-Ever Slow-Cooker Baked Beans

19 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives June 30, 2014 at 11:28 am

Awww, LOVE the photos, especially the last one! Looks you all had a great time! YAY!! :-)

Also, what hotel did you stay in, if you don’t mind my asking? My fam goes to Wildwood every year – it’s like our annual family trip! Lol. But now that I have a little one, I’m super anxious about finding a great kid-friendly hotel to stay at since he’ll be a little over a year when we go next year. Would love your thoughts!
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..A Day in the Life…

20 Libby June 30, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Just precious!
Libby recently posted..Dinner in 5 Ingredients or Less

21 ellie @ fit for the soul June 30, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Ohhh goodnesss soooo cute! Hahaha, it’s so funny how every baby finds a way to go AGAINST the “norm”, ex: Lucas eating sand even though it’s nasty. :P And I love what you’re wearing, so cute and simple!

22 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 30, 2014 at 2:19 pm

LOVE all the photos! That last one needs to be framed!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Sharing My Story

23 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves June 30, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Ahh you guys capture the cutest photos! And man, that sundae looks epic!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..I’m Okay With That

24 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers June 30, 2014 at 3:53 pm

How fun! You got some great pics. I wonder how my E would do with the beach. Hmmmm, probably lots of sand-eating.
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Baby Mama Summer Lunch Bowl

25 Kaella (KaellaOnTheRun) June 30, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Both family photos are adorable! It looks like you had a GREAT weekend!!
Kaella (KaellaOnTheRun) recently posted..A Race, A Missing Run & Half Marathon Training Update

26 Danica @ It's Progression June 30, 2014 at 5:32 pm

That last picture of the three of you…you should most definitely frame that one!!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..It’s in His hands.

27 Sam June 30, 2014 at 9:12 pm

How do you get your skin to look so flawless??!!

28 Nicole July 1, 2014 at 2:34 am

That “Pinch me I’m cute” shirt is adorable!!! Great family photos :)

29 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely July 1, 2014 at 8:39 am

What a fun weekend getaway. That last picture is precious…definitely deserves a frame. :-)
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Is and Is Not

30 Catlin July 1, 2014 at 9:27 am

How much fun :) yall are too cute! – LOVE all the pictures!
Catlin recently posted..Bible study

31 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples July 1, 2014 at 11:14 am

Love that last pic ♥ I was debating on planning a vacation, but feel bad taking off work… I think you just tipped my decision ;) I miss the beach!!
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..More Work, Less Sleep… More Energy?

32 Danielle July 1, 2014 at 5:33 pm

I will be visiting the Sea Shell in August and I am looking forward to it! As well as all of the seafood! :)

33 Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl July 1, 2014 at 6:18 pm

What a cute beach baby! ;-)
Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl recently posted..Weekend Snapshots + Plans for the Week Ahead

34 Julie @ my sweet & healthy life July 1, 2014 at 7:45 pm

You have the cutest family ever, Courtney :) Seems like such a fun vacation!!

35 Nala July 2, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Aww, y’all look like you had so much fun! Lol, Lucas seems to enjoy that sand!