One Week Down: T25

So as of Sunday, I’m officially one full week in to T25. Whew.

When I’ve talked about it in the past, there’s been some interest in hearing a review of the program, so I figured I’d share a little bit about my progress as I go through it. I’m also hoping that this will mayyyyybe help me actually stick with something for once. Ha…what a concept?!

So week one is in the books and I’m feelin’ good. To sum up my thoughts…

• My quads are so sore. SO, so sore.
  • Fridays are gonna be the toughest, since they involve two videos. This past Friday included cardio + lower focus…hence the whole quad thing.
  • I love that the videos are less than 30 minutes (about 28 with the cool down), making it a perfect early morning workout.
  • The Sunday optional stretch was awesome. I’ll be looking forward to that.
  • I added in one 3-mile run on Sunday as well, which was a nice little variety.
  • If I miss a workout, I don’t think I’m going to worry about adding it in on another day. Ain’t nobody (aka, me) got time for that.

We’ll have to see how things go for week two, but I’ll keep ya updated!

So switching things up a bit, I have to tell you guys about these brown rice crackers I received yesterday from Food Should Taste Good.

food should taste good brown rice crackers

Wow, are they good!! I’ve only tried one kind so far (the roasted red pepper), but I was majorly impressed. They’d be perfect paired with some hummus or guacamole…orrrr, you know, just snacking on straight from the box while getting dinner ready.

Nothing fancy on the menu last night – just some toasted turkey, provolone, and avocado sandwiches with balsamic mayo and corn on the cob on the side. I’ll tell ya…I look forward to corn season ALL year long. There’s just nothin’ like it!

Turns out, Lucas is just as big of a fan as his mama.

IMG_7071IMG_7077

Yeah. And I thought I was messy when I ate my corn. At least I keep my cob nice and neat.

I’m pretty sure he’s got me beat. But not by much.

It’s Monday night so ya know what that means…time for The Bachelorette and some Mistresses (aka, a whole bunch of trash tv). I’ll catch you guys on the flip side! Winking smile

What kind(s) of workouts are you guys loving these days? Do you prefer to have a plan, or just wing it and do whatever you feel like?

Comments

My workouts right now consist of daily walking & swimming about once a week – that’s all I can manage with a new baby right now. When I was running, I loved following a training plan but after the race I was always ready to do my own thing again.
    Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..William’s First Flight

I have heard great things about T25 and will probably look into something like that once baby arrives in September! For me, having a plan works best. Even if I am not following a certain program or training for a race, I still go to the same classes every week – that way I am less likely to skip out.
    Brynn recently posted..4th of July Weekend Recap

I have done the entire T25 program and absolutely loved it. Having the schedule and the convenience of doing it at home kept me from making excuses and on track. I continue to do the workouts two to three times a week along with runs. I love how you get cardio and strength training in only 25 minutes. Enjoy!!
    Cindy recently posted..NYFW F/W 2014

My favorite aspect of T25 was that I didn’t have to think twice about what I was going to do every day…loved the structure! AND I was guaranteed a great workout no matter what. What’s your favorite so far? I loved Speed. :)

5. Stacey M. says

My preference varies throughout the year … sometimes I like having an exact workout plan for the week, and other times (like now) I like knowing I can just “wing it” and do what I feel like each day. I do still try to get in a good mix of strength training and cardio each week. Lately, I’ve been sticking with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD (different levels each day, or even combining two levels on a single day), biking, running and/or walking. I even count mowing the lawn as a workout some days – I can work up a serious sweat doing that! I really love being outdoors in the summer as much as possible, so taking my workouts outside makes sense for me. I usually save the workout DVDs for rainy or really hot, humid days.

Also, I would love to try a Bodypump class someday. That’s probably something I would enjoy more in the winter though, when I have to be stuck indoors anyhow.

I am with you in the soreness department! I love that company’s chips so I am sure the crackers would be a hit too! Is there any wheat in them or just the brown rice? I cannot eat gluten and am always looking for tasty snacks that are quick and easy like crackers!
    Kim@ FITsique recently posted..Name Your Favorite…

That’s great you’re loving this program and found something that works for you – both of which are so important when getting into a solid exercise routine. I’ve been doing a ton of BodyPump and loving every minute of it! I’m definitely more of a planner when it comes to workouts (or life in general – ha!). If I don’t come up with a tentative schedule for the week, workouts just don’t happen. I don’t freak if I don’t get in a workout though because life happens!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Hunter: 15 Months

I’ve been stuck in a workout rut lately but having a plan definitely helps. I’ll have to look into T25. It sounds like a great program!

I watched The Bachelorette last night too and I’m so excited to see who she ends up with. Chris is sweet but I have no doubt that Nick and Josh will be the top two.
    I think it’s obvious she’s head over heels for Nick but her and Josh make such a cute couple!
    Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..A Work In Progress…

I have been following your blog for a long time now and this is the first time I’m commenting on a post. Great job with T25! Some of my friends have done it and say wonderful things about it. I’m going to try that after I finish PiYo. I just finished the 21 day fix and it was awesome. Do you have a Beachbody coach or did you just order it through the website? I just became a Beachbody coach so let me know if you are interested in trying another program (P90X, 21 day fix, TurboJam, etc.). I would love to have you on my team.

Love any workout I can squeeze in before heading off for life. I live in Boston, and I’ve been using a ClassPass membership recently. It give you 30 days to try 10 classes at different studios all over the city. I’ve tried TRX, Barre, Synergy, and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff. I’ve been sore in random spots for weeks! But in a good way :) It’s been great to add some variety to my running.
    Alexis Teevens recently posted..Lessons from Middle School XC

I’m doing Beachbody’s newest program, PiYo. I just started it but so far I love it! I also start training for my first half marathon in just a few weeks! EEEEEK!

I’m interested to see how you like T25. I think it would be a fun workout for my husband and I do together after I run my half!

And those crackers? I want to try those. I love their sweet potato chips
    Sabrina {Work It Ms Jackson} recently posted..3 Day Refresh Day 1 Recap

In the summer since I’m not working (teacher ), I like to just go with the flow as far as workouts go–running in the park, biking the trails, yoga class here, group exercise class there–I love to mix it up when I have the luxury to do so! During the school year I definitely have to plan my workouts around my work schedule/meetings/appointments, etc.
    Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl recently posted..Latelies (Week of 6/30-7/6)

13. karleen says

My fiance has T25 and was doing it pretty religiously, but we live in a 2nd floor apt and he thinks our downstairs neighbors complained about him making too much pounding noises…I do want to try that series though.
    I am all over the place with my workouts as well. I’ve trained for half marathons, done classes, or just my own routines at the gym.
    Right at this moment, I bought another groupon for this bootcamp circuit place since I was in a semi rut with my own routine in the gym. We’ll see how long that lasts me!

I try to stick with some kind of schedule for working out, especially when I’m training for an upcoming run. But I’m finding lately that some of the random ones that I’ve thrown in spur of the moment, turn out to feel the most rewarding. Reading this makes me want to try T25 now!
    Kari @ Kari On recently posted..Memories