WIAW: Typical & T25 Week 2 Recap

by Courtney on July 16, 2014

*In case you missed it, the Baby Tooth page was updated yesterday!*

Well, I’m two weeks down with T25!

Last week was the second completed week of my adventure into T25. Out of the 6 workouts scheduled (one being an optional stretch), I completed 4 and also added in a different, 40 minute yoga DVD on Sunday. The one workout I skipped was the Cardio workout, which I was okay with because it’s not my favorite out of the group, if we’re being honest.

So far, things are still going great with the program and I’m finding myself eager to complete most of the workouts. I’ve found varying degrees of soreness with different workouts (my chest and shoulders were feeling pretty sore on Tuesday after Monday’s Total Body Circuit video). I honestly don’t have too much to report on other than that things are going well! I think I’m most excited to finally get to the Beta version (the Alpha version I’m doing now is the first 5 weeks) since I’ve never even viewed any of those videos and I know they begin to incorporate some extra resistance equipment, too. I will say that I do miss my weights!

But now on to the rest of today’s post…it’s WIAW!

Breakfast

A whole grain English muffin with peanut butter and banana + an iced coffee.

Pretty typical, nothing you haven’t seen before.

Mid-Morning Snack

The rest of my banana from breakfast + so. much. peanut butter. eaten straight from the knife.

My boss actually came over to my desk as I was just about to take a bite from the knife and had a blast giving me a bit of a hard time. Hey…no shame here.

I also had a blueberry muffin that went unphotographed.

Lunch

Nothing you haven’t seen before!

A nice big salad with all the usual veggies, dried cranberries, feta, avocado, grilled chicken, and croutons with balsamic vinaigrette.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

I had to run out to Target on my lunch hour and wound up grabbing one of these Chobani flips.

The coconut yogurt has to be, by far, one of my favorite flavors from Chobani. It totally brings me back to being in Mexico and eating their incredible coconut ice cream for dessert at our lunches every day. Oh, take me back to Mexicoooo

Pre-Dinner Adult Beverage

As I was getting dinner ready, I had a major hankering for a beer. I mean, it was Monday and all. Winking smile

I came across this Summer Ale from BluePoint over the weekend after a stop at Trader Joe’s and decided to give it a shot. It’s pretty good, but I definitely like their blueberry beer (ßsuper old post alert!) way more.

Dinner

Hey, we actually cooked a real dinner…and even sat at the table for a change. Look at that!

On the menu were some tilapia (I used the same seasoning that I use for my tilapia tacos after my friend Morgan’s recommendation!), some herb rice, and sautéed green beans.

Dessert

Pretty sure a few things went unaccounted for, including a handful of dark chocolate goji berries and a sheet of graham crackers. Then I wound up sitting down with an old pregnancy favorite of mine…

Oh, watermelon Italian ice. You are just the perfect thing for hot summer nights!

Speaking of hot summer nights…are we seriously already halfway through July?! Where is the time goooooing???

1 Brynn July 16, 2014 at 6:26 am

How do you like the T25 program? I’ve done insanity but became bored with it after a few months. I prefer to incorporate it in with other workouts throughout the week such as spinning and yoga .
Brynn recently posted..Baby Shower and 5th Anniversary Party Celebrations

2 Linz @ Itz Linz July 16, 2014 at 6:26 am

i cannot believe how fast summer is going! i return to work in just a few short weeks :( :( and hot summer nights?? in st louis itz been in the 60s lately which is craaaazy for july!! however, i’m totally ok with it!! :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Tips for New Moms

3 Kari @ Kari On July 16, 2014 at 6:33 am

The tilapia looks really good! Had no idea what I was going to make for dinner tonight…now I do.
Kari @ Kari On recently posted..So Far…

4 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 16, 2014 at 6:35 am

Looking forward to hearing how you like the next level of T25. Hoping to buy the DVD’s next month as a way to keep strength training as I marathon train!

5 Lauren July 16, 2014 at 7:04 am

Hey, eating peanut butter straight from the jar is definitely not something to be ashamed of! :) And glad the workouts are going well. I’ll definitely be looking for some workout DVD’s to do once the little babe is born.

6 Emily July 16, 2014 at 7:08 am

Did you know you can buy a jug of the cookie dough syrup for your iced coffee on eBay? I totally thought of you when I saw that.

7 Courtney July 16, 2014 at 7:12 am

WHAT?!?!?!?! Going to check NOW!

8 Katie @ happygokatie July 16, 2014 at 7:20 am

Kind of off topic… But what is your nail polish color? It’s so pretty! On a more relevant note, I’ll definitely be looking too buy watermelon Italian ice now -yum!
Katie @ happygokatie recently posted..Beating Humidity with Thin Hair

9 Courtney July 16, 2014 at 11:29 am

Haha, it’s Essie’s bikini so teeny!

10 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige July 16, 2014 at 7:20 am

a client of mine was doing the t-25 program before she came to me. she really enjoyed the workouts, so I’ll have her do one of them on an “interval day.” Before that, I searched online for a sample to make sure it was ok for her – WOW, Shaun T still has that Insanity energy, haha
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..30 Minute Interval Spin Workout You Can Do Yourself

11 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 16, 2014 at 7:31 am

Chobani coconut is my favorite flavor too. Love your nail color!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Healthy Birthday Power Cakes with Coconut Flour Icing from Kodiak Cakes

12 Courtney July 16, 2014 at 11:29 am

Thanks! It’s Essie’s bikini so teeny!

13 Jenn@Mark My Miles! July 16, 2014 at 7:31 am

I can’t believe we are halfway through July! We must make a trip to the beach before the summer is over! Have a great Wednesday!
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..Warrior Meal saved the day!

14 Shel@PeachyPalate July 16, 2014 at 8:10 am

The summer is FLYING by at a rate of knots for sure!!! Chicken salad..never fails!

15 Britt@MyOwnBalance July 16, 2014 at 9:20 am

I love those Chobani flips! Coconut is definitely my favorite flavor. If you like coconut, I just saw that Yes To is launching a coconut line!!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..The Best Prenatal Workout DVDs

16 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 16, 2014 at 9:20 am

It is insane how fast this summer has been going! And I’m happy to hear that you’ve been liking the T-25 workouts, I’ll have to look into them sometime.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: When Blends Visit.

17 Megan July 16, 2014 at 9:24 am

I always get caught eating peanut butter out of the jar… dang it! Someday they too will understand the joy it brings! I love your nail color from your Italian Ice picture. I need it!
Megan recently posted..Cheeseburger Meatballs

18 Courtney July 16, 2014 at 11:30 am

Thanks! It’s Essie’s bikini so teeny!

19 Danica @ It's Progression July 16, 2014 at 9:26 am

That tilapia looks awesome!
And I know – I cannot believe we’re halfway through July either. It almost makes me panicky that the summer is this far along already!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Cherry Coconut Flour Pancakes {recipe}

20 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives July 16, 2014 at 10:12 am

I’m not sure where this summer is going, but if you can, please make it slow downnnn!!!! Lol! Love waking up to warm weather too much to see it pass by so quickly! C’est la vie! And ha, I have the same nail polish color currently – such a pretty light blue! Love it!! Great job on keepin’ up with T25 btw!
Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives recently posted..4 month/5 Month Update!

21 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 16, 2014 at 10:12 am

Knife of peanut butter straight to the mouth … totally my style. ;)

I’ve been loooooving coconut yogurt lately. I’ve actually been enjoying Yoplait’s coconut Greek yogurt. I add some granola and/or sliced peaches … mmm SO good.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Back to My Old Ways?

22 Sarah @ Sweet Miles July 16, 2014 at 10:23 am

Girl, I can NOT believe we’re almost through July!!! In-sane. My favorite greek yogurt is chobani’s key lime flavor :) Specifically the one with graham cracker crumbs and white chocolate to add to it!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Yoga Day 3: Learning a Headstand

23 Katie Brackmann July 16, 2014 at 10:28 am

The coconut Chobani or coconut Liberte are totally my favorite flavors ever. So yummy and creamy. Toss some dark chocolate bits in there. YUM. And like Sarah @ Sweet Miles said – the Key Lime Flip is the jam too.
It’s going to be fall before you know it. I don’t know if this makes me happy or sad? Time just keeps going by so fast.
Katie Brackmann recently posted..“Climbing” ropes… ???

24 Floey July 16, 2014 at 10:54 am

Does the Italian ice taste like a slurpee kind of?
Floey recently posted..On Waiting

25 Courtney July 16, 2014 at 11:27 am

I’m not really sure what a slurpee tastes like, haha? :) But it’s delicious, I know that much!

26 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 16, 2014 at 12:11 pm

I see absolutely nothing wrong with drinking a beer on the week night. Beer doesn’t discriminate on the day of the week does it? ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: July 16, 2014 (Recent Eats)

27 Julie July 16, 2014 at 12:43 pm

I’m thinking of trying T25! Do you need any fitness equipment?

28 Courtney July 16, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Not for the alpha phase (the first 5 weeks) – but I believe the beta phase incorporates resistance bands and maybe weights?

29 Polly @ Tasty Food Project July 16, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I enjoy reading your T25 updates since I’m always interested in trying new workouts. Just judging by the infomercials, it looks pretty tough!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Judging a Book By Its Cover

30 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine July 16, 2014 at 2:23 pm

LOVE those Chobani flips. favorite snack!!!

31 ellie @ fit for the soul July 16, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Haha oh mannn I hate it when people catch me eating a certain way, meaning that it’s odd to other people. :P And have you tied the key lime chobani??!!! Literally like dessert, but truly delicious. The graham pieces and white chocolate chips in it make it really unique.

32 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely July 17, 2014 at 8:02 am

Mmm! What is it about eating eating peanut butter straight from the jar?! Growing up, my mom always joked that calories from crumbs and bites eaten while standing up don’t really count – perhaps it’s the same with PB from the jar?
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..WIAW #22- Using Up Leftovers