Weekend Highlights {8/4}

by Courtney on August 4, 2014

This weekend was absolutely one of those weekends I just hated to see end. We have a ton of stuff we never got a chance to get to from our to do list, but we had so much fun with friends and family that it made it allll worth it. Even if that means we’re scraping for food this morning and have piles of laundry waiting to get washed.

The fun started Friday night at our house for our first bonfire of the summer (seriously…the first of August and we’re just getting to it?!).

We had a few friends and cousins over to help the birthday boy celebrate his special day, many of which are most definitely familiar faces to you all by now.

The bonfire was full of fun times and good laughs, and of course…

You can’t have a bonfire without some s’mores!

Jay and I spent most of Saturday around the house doing some odds and ends and hanging out with our little guy.

And in case you missed it, the Baby Tooth page was updated last night with a review of the GB Zuzu Stroller pictured above!

I also wound up getting this great bracelet in the mail from blog reader, Bridget.

stella & dot enlighten bracelet

Bridget reached out to me last week with the sweetest email, offering to send me one of Stella & Dot’s enlighten bracelets. I learned that Stella & Dot has teamed up with Every Mother Counts, a non-profit organization dedicated to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother.

stella & dot enlighten bracelet

Thanks again, Bridget!

stella & dot enlighten bracelet

So shortly after Lucas woke up from his afternoon nap, we packed up his “suitcase” and brought him over to grandma and papa’s house for his first-ever sleepover! Thankfully, he did great, making me feel much more at ease for future sleepovers which are inevitably going to happen (trust me, the grandmas and grandpas aren’t complaining!).

Once we dropped off the little man, Jay and I headed up to Saratoga for a night out with friends again(!) to celebrate Mal’s 30th birthday (hers is the day before Jay).

The gals.

The guys.

After dinner and some drinks, our crew headed out to another club/bar to continue the night with some dancing. My goodness, I cannot tell you the last time I went out dancing?!

The guys lost interest super quick and wound up going to another area of the bar, but the gals broke it down on the dance floor for quite a while and we had an absolute blast.

(I finally got the chance to wear my Stitch Fix tank from a couple months ago!) Oh, and I’m pretty sure it was the sweatiest night out I’ve ever had. Good god, was it hot up in there!

Before the evening came to an end, we made one last pit stop at another bar and we had to make sure to have some mini champagne’s just like the last time we were out in ‘toga together!

Cheers to the birthday gal!

Come Sunday morning, we were up and at ‘em pretty early so we could go and pick up Lucas from his sleepover. We came home, he napped for three hours, we got some work done around the house, and then we headed back out to visit grandma and papa #2!

A beautiful day calls for hanging out on the patio.

IMG_7413IMG_7414

We had pulled pork, corn on the cob, and watermelon for dinner, which was all delicious.

And then…we had birthday cake!

Ice cream birthday cake, to be exact, which was the same one he had four years ago. The stuff is SO good.

And surprisingly enough, I think we’ve also found a cake that Lucas enjoys!

lucas ice cream

Oh. My. Goodness. was he having a blast with that stuff. Although, I’m pretty sure you guys probably already figured that out by those photos above. He certainly had us laughing.

And that, my friends, is a wrap! Now it’s back to the grind of the work week, as usual…but here’s to hoping it’s a good one for all of us. Smile

1 Shel@PeachyPalate August 4, 2014 at 6:50 am

Baby cake face pictures are the best…don’t we all have them! :) Love the colourful top you had on on the night out!

2 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely August 4, 2014 at 6:53 am

Lucas and that ice cream cake, too cute! What a fun weekend! Time out with friends is always too few and far between, but always so much fun! Makes me wonder why we don’t make it happen more often.

Have a great Monday!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Last Summer Weekend

3 Kim @FITsique August 4, 2014 at 6:54 am

It looks like you had a GREAT weekend! Happy birthday to your hubby! I didn’t get too much off crossed off my to do list wither this weekend but not because it was jam packed with fun, but because it was such a nice weekend outside I couldn’t be inside cleaning! And I’m with Lucas, ice cream cake > cake.
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Fit and Healthy Banana Bread

4 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie August 4, 2014 at 7:00 am

I’m glad y’all found a cake Lucas enjoys. He’s a smart lil guy – holding out for that ice cream cake!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Long Overdue

5 Cait @ Beyond Bananas August 4, 2014 at 7:01 am

Good for you for going out dancing and having a few drinks. I have such a hard time doing that now – knowing that I may have a 5:30 am wake up call and no time t really recover from a lack of sleep (and poor sleep at that…)
Happy Birthday to you husband…and Lucas certainly enjoys that cake! :)
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Ethan & Madeline’s Birth Story

6 Brynn August 4, 2014 at 7:03 am

Great weekend! Hope Lucas did well at his first sleep over..how cute. I love your hair style the day/night you went out. So pretty!
Brynn recently posted..Anniversary Weekend Recap

7 Linz @ Itz Linz August 4, 2014 at 7:33 am

such a fun weekend! william has not yet had his first sleepover, but no doubt it will be at his grandparents’ house too!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..William’s Birth Story – Before

8 Parita @ myinnershakti August 4, 2014 at 7:39 am

What a fun weekend! Love the Lucas + cake pics – he really loved that cake! :)

9 Torry @ Working on a Dream August 4, 2014 at 7:54 am

Looks like you had such a great weekend – a night out with friends is always so much fun!! Love the mini champs bottles.

Lucas is just too cute with that cake! Glad to see he has finally found one that he likes :-)

10 Bridget August 4, 2014 at 8:17 am

So glad you loved the bracelet!!

Looks like another wonderful weekend!

11 Britt@MyOwnBalance August 4, 2014 at 9:03 am

Haha! I love the photos of Lucas! It’s like he is saying “Ohhh this is so good. What else can I do with this besides put it in my mouth!”
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Yoga with Tara Stiles at Reebok FitHub Union Square

12 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun August 4, 2014 at 9:07 am

I don’t know the last time I went out dancing! :) Looks like a WONDERFUL weekend and I am so glad that Lucas enjoyed the cake!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Happy Birthday Wes!

13 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire August 4, 2014 at 9:22 am

What a great weekend! And I don’t blame Lucas for loving that stuff – you’ve got me craving ice cream cake and it’s barely past 9 am… ;)
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Weekend Recap: A Lot of Food!

14 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 4, 2014 at 9:42 am

What a fun weekend!! Looks like a freaking BLAST! I sadly was sick all weekend so I’m going to live vicariously through your weekend! ha!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..From Eden

15 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona August 4, 2014 at 10:22 am

I can’t remember the last time I went out dancing – it was probably some time back in university, so it’s been awhile!

Haha, Lucas definitely looks like he’s enjoying his cake.
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..August Goals

16 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 4, 2014 at 11:01 am

Haha I was worried about that kid when he didn’t like cake…but I would argue that ice cream cake is even better :-p glad that you had a fun weekend!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Scenes From the Weekend 08/04/14.

17 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl August 4, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Ahh, ice cream cake is the best kind of birthday cake there is!!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Weekly Meal Plan + Refried Bean & Hummus Taquitos (Vegan)

18 Stacey M. August 4, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Wow looks like you had a blast! I bet it was kinda nice to get away from the house for a while sans child … even though I’m sure you and Jay missed him like crazy. Lucas was in great hands while you were away anyway, so it’s all good.

I love the outfit you wore out dancing … you look amazing lately lady! :)

19 Kelsey August 4, 2014 at 3:24 pm

The photos of Lucas eating cake are too dang cute! I love the two brussels sprouts on your plate too… exactly how I feel about them too, haha!

20 Sarah @ Sweet Miles August 4, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I’d say ice cream birthday cake is the BEST birthday cake!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Vinyasa Vibes: Hot Yoga with a DJ

21 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 4, 2014 at 4:26 pm

It sounds like a fantastic weekend! I haven’t gone dancing in forever. I totally miss that! I could literally dance for hours. It’s so much fun!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..13 Tips to Stay Healthy While Pregnant

22 haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine.com August 4, 2014 at 10:17 pm

So much fun! I love fun weekends. That ice-cream cake looks to die for! YUMMY! :)