That Time I Went Glamping

by Courtney on August 8, 2014

Time really does fly. It’s sort of surreal, actually. I still can’t believe it’s been three months since my fabulous glamping trip to the Paws Up Resort in Montana with Skinny Cow.

Seriously, if I could “glamp” like that all the time, I’d be doing it every single weekend. Especially if it included a well-stocked cabin full of Skinny Cow chocolates and ice cream bars.

skinny cow chocolate

skinny cow ice cream

Since that trip, I don’t think our house has been without some sort of Skinny Cow treat in the freezer or pantry. Jay loves sneaking the ice cream bars on me (the cookie dough, to be exact), and I’ve been known to enjoy the caramel divine filled chocolates at least a couple of times a week.

skinny cow

The fact that they come pre-portioned definitely helps with my gigantic sweet tooth and lets me feel like I can really have it all. It’s a win-win in my book!

But seriously. Glamping was probably one of the coolest things I’ve ever been able to experience.

girls gone glamping sweeps

And pretty soon, there’s going to be a brand new, lucky group of gals who are going to experience it for themselves. So if YOU wind up being one of the lucky ones, here are a few tips and tricks for your fabulous trip!

Tips & Tricks for the lucky Glamping Winners!

1. Pick a bestie or two that you know you’re going to have a blast with.

glamping tent

2. Be sure to pack clothes for warm weather and cold weather. You never know how the temps might drop at night and, even though they’re luxury, you’re still gonna be in a tent.

glamping tent

Be sure to check out my Glamping Essentials packing list for what to bring along!

3. Go to the SPA. And get a massage. Seriously…do it.

glamping paws up resort spa

4. Take an outdoor yoga class. It was like nothing I’d ever experienced.

glamping paws up resort outdoor yoga

5. Take time to explore and participate in activities you might not otherwise do. One of my regrets from the trip was not exploring the grounds more. They offer some amazing outdoor adventures like ATV tours and horseback rides.

glamping paws up resort

6. Pack lots of snacks. If you’re out and about all day long, you’re going to work up an appetite!

glamping paws up resort scavenger hunt

That photo was from our scavenger hunt which was SO much fun! I’m not sure if they offer that on the regular or if it was special for our group but I’d definitely recommend looking into it!

7. Be sure to eat at Trough for breakfast and lunch. The food is INCREDIBLE and puts regular camping grub to shame.

paws up resort troughpaws up resort troughpaws up resort troughpaws up resort trough

8. And while you’re at it…make sure to drink anything and everything you can with “huckleberry” in the description.

paws up resort huckleberry lemonade

The “huckleberry hounds” and lemonades were to die for. Right, Presley?

********

You can truly have it all with Skinny Cow Ice Cream and Candy – incredibly delicious and indulgent yet ridiculously sensible! This summer, Skinny Cow is inspiring our girlfriends everywhere to have it all again by going glamping! Think camping with all the glamorous resort frills – bubble baths, candlelight dinners, feather pillows and so much more. Skinny Cow’s Girls Gone Glamping Sweepstakes is taking 9 lucky winners and their besties on the glamping getaway of a lifetime!

“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Skinny Cow via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Skinny Cow.”

1 Brynn August 8, 2014 at 6:31 am

Glamping looks like sounds like so much fun! And the food looks much better than what I eat around a campfire!

2 ericadhouse August 8, 2014 at 6:40 am

Looks like a blast! I’ve ever gone ‘glamping’ but I go camping a few times a year. Loved doing it with my family when we were growing up!

3 Jessica August 8, 2014 at 8:03 am

FYI the link says the promotion is over — ie no option to enter the sweepstakes.

4 Presley @ Run Pretty August 8, 2014 at 8:04 am

hahaha. I talked about huckleberry hounds, too. I really, really miss those things.
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Just A Few “Glamping” Tips, Y’all

5 Alysia @ Slim Sanity August 8, 2014 at 8:21 am

Oh how fun, haha! I’ve never been glamping before. But I do LOVE Skinny Cow! The ice cream sandwiches are my favorite!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..3 Simple Ways To Increase Twitter Engagement

6 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie August 8, 2014 at 8:33 am

Glamping looks like the ultimate girl’s weekend! I wish I knew of somewhere close by like the resort you went to.
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Friday Faves: What Makes You Rich?

7 Kim @FITsique August 8, 2014 at 8:33 am

Seriously why did I never think of Glamping?! I would love a girls weekend away, glamping or not!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Five Favorite Things For Friday

8 Allison August 8, 2014 at 9:17 am

I would absolutely LOVE to go glamping. That looks like the most perfect weekend ever! I love the skinny cow caramel filled milk chocolates. Better than a hershey bar in my opinion. :)

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 8, 2014 at 10:15 am

All I can say is that I NEED to go glamping! It sounds like a perfect girls weekend!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Evoke Healthy Foods Muesli Review

10 Patty August 8, 2014 at 10:33 am

If I ever go Glampng I’m not sure I would ever go back to regular camping. Having a fridge stocked with Skinny cow seems pretty awesome.

11 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 8, 2014 at 11:19 am

“I got lucky inviting Chelsey along, considering we’d never actually met in person before…it was a good thing she didn’t wind up being some internet weirdo.” <– Bahahaha, this made me laugh.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Friday Favorites: 08/08/14

12 Jolynn August 8, 2014 at 11:47 am

I would love to go glamping. With an almost one year old myself, it would be a nice getaway for momma.
Jolynn recently posted..Ultimate Athlete Challenge {recap}

13 Ashley @ Sweet Carolina Belle August 8, 2014 at 2:15 pm

That looks like such a blast. I just love camping and usually its just with the guys. I think it would such a blast to go glamping with girlfriends.
Ashley @ Sweet Carolina Belle recently posted..Friday Five

14 April @ Simply Sweet Living August 9, 2014 at 10:44 am

You have no idea how much I would love to go glamping! That looks like Heaven to me! Outdoors but with some luxury. :)
April @ Simply Sweet Living recently posted..WIAW: A Day Out