Fun Facts Friday {8/22}

by Courtney on August 22, 2014

1. I feel like I must have used all of my creative energy on yesterday’s post because as I sit down to write today’s, I’m at a bit of a loss. So forgive me if this one is a bit all over the place. Then again, it is Friday, and I’m allowed to go off on all sorts of tangents.

2. When I was at IDEA World/BlogFest last week, I received a pair of Reebok Cushion One sneakers, and I’m dying to give them a try. If nothing else, they’re quite possibly one of the brightest pairs of shoes I’ve ever owned. I’ll be sure to let you know how they work out once I give ‘em a whirl.

3. So Lucas’s latest thing at meal time? Hitting his head and rubbing his wet, food-covered hands all throughout his hair.

And then, just like that, he’s totally over meal time and wants nothing to do with being in his chair. It’s quite comical, actually. Winking smile

4. I’ve had a few of you ask about the tanks I wore while I away last weekend. There’s this pink tank and this grey tank, both of which came from Reebok. The grey and white striped top also came from Reebok, but it doesn’t look like it’s available anymore on the site.

5. This weekend, Jay and I are heading out of town for a wedding! Our cousin is getting married in Pittsfield, so Lucas will be spending the night with grandma and papa. Oh yes, this mom and dad are looking forward to a night out!

6. Have you guys checked out Challenge #2 for the Oster Versa 1100 Challenge?

MVS_Oster Bryan McCay IMG_0084MVS_Oster Bryan McCay IMG_0086

This challenge is Agave Almond Butter and let me tell you…not only is it delicious, but it is ridiculously easy to make. Seriously, just check out the recipe!

7. As of this morning, I’ve officially got two weeks of T25 beta phase in the books. As I mentioned before, I was really ready to be done with the alpha phase after 5 weeks, and so far the beta phase has been great. I love that it’s incorporating weights (finally!) and so far, it’s left me feeling strong and just really good. Has anyone out there ever tried the gamma phase??

8. Has anyone else been watching the show Reckless on CBS this summer?

Jay and I wound up catching it when it first started and we’ve been totally into it ever since. Along with Motive, Mistresses, and some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse…we’re total TV junkies over here.

9. On Tuesday, I made a quick trip to The Fresh Market on my lunch hour to pick up some of their chicken ($2.99/lb on Tuesdays!). I went before eating lunch, which was a bad decision…

I almost immediately found myself digging into the bulk bins and wound up leaving with some of my favorite veggie chips and some of this white chocolate wonderfulness. Total impulse buy. SO good.

10. We tried this crockpot lasagna recipe last night for dinner and it was really good! All three of us really enjoyed it and it was wicked easy, so I’d definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quick weeknight meal in the crockpot!

11. I think I may try out a new recipe of some sort this weekend. I’ve been in a baking mood and I feel like giving something new a try. Now the question is…do I go with cookies or cupcakes??

Disclosure: Some Fun Facts Friday posts may contain affiliate links. I so, so appreciate any and all support for STSL!

1 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers August 22, 2014 at 6:08 am

Awww, sweet little Lucas! haha Ethan keeps rubbing his hands in his hair during mealtime, so yesterday he was walking around with avocado stuck in his hair for a while after lunch. What a mess!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Birthday Week!

2 Erica House August 22, 2014 at 6:31 am

Those veggie chips in the bulk bins get me every time!

3 Christen August 22, 2014 at 6:55 am

Might I suggest the best chocolate chip cookies ever??

4 Kim @FITsique August 22, 2014 at 7:08 am

Happy Friday! I hadn’t heard of Reckless yet, and we are always looking for new shows to watch. Adding this to the list. Have a fun weekend!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..You Aren’t Ready To Compete In A Figure Competition

5 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie August 22, 2014 at 7:18 am

Cookies! Go with the cookies. Not that I’ll be able to eat them or anything. I’m just on a major cookie kick over hear, so it was my gut reaction haha.

Have fun at the wedding!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Friday Faves: Charities

6 Jasmine @ A cupcake for my thoughts August 22, 2014 at 8:08 am

I made Oreo cupcakes yesterday and they are amazing. The frosting is delicious- it was just whipped cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and Oreo cookie crumbs, SO good!!
Jasmine @ A cupcake for my thoughts recently posted..Lets talk running….

7 Brynn August 22, 2014 at 8:16 am

First off, cupcakes! Second, I’ve been loving incorporating weights into my workouts. It makes me feel strong!
Brynn recently posted..Thinking Out Loud

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 22, 2014 at 8:18 am

I vote cupcakes! ;-) Have a great weekend and have fun at the wedding Courtney!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 08/22/14.

9 Shel@PeachyPalate August 22, 2014 at 8:47 am

Oooh that white chocolate wonderfulness looks DELICIOUS!! !Love chocolate coated anything, especially pecans. Go with cupcakes with a mini cookie on top?
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Paleo Chocolate Truffle Tart

10 kristin @ W [H] A T C H August 22, 2014 at 9:23 am

i love that gray reebok tank…might need it.
kristin @ W [H] A T C H recently posted..LONG RUN: SHOWING UP

11 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 22, 2014 at 10:09 am

I have yet to make my own nut butter. I need to get on that because I’m sure the fresh stuff is amazing! Enjoy the wedding!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Week 28 – Glucose Test and Growth Ultrasound

12 Megan @ Piece of Kake August 22, 2014 at 10:09 am

I love that picture of Lucas covered in his food, too cute! Def go with cupcakes!
Megan @ Piece of Kake recently posted..DIY Wedding Binder

13 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List August 22, 2014 at 10:19 am

we’re big fans of that crockpot lasagna too!! so easy!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..the building bridges mud run

14 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment August 22, 2014 at 11:39 am

Cookies! I’ll have to check out Reckless. Happy Friday! Have fun at the wedding.

15 Bre & Ree August 22, 2014 at 11:44 am

Cupcakes, definitely go for the cupcakes;) I just bought a pair of Saucony shoes I’m super excited to try, but they are bright neon yellow. A woman in the store while I was trying them on asked if they were glow-in-the-dark, and I said, “I don’t think so.” Crazy bright, but cool nonetheless! Have fun trying out your new kicks!
~Bre
Bre & Ree recently posted..Guest Post: How to Style Harem Pants for a Casual Look

16 Laurie August 22, 2014 at 12:40 pm

COOKIES! They’re not as involved as cupcakes and they still make the house smell yummy.

17 Heather August 22, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Without fail, my daughter (10 months old) always ends up with more food stuck under her legs, beside her legs, and in her hair, than in her mouth! :-) I’ve been in a baking mood lately and made pumpkin cupcakes (barefoot contessa recipe) with cinnamon buttercream frosting. They were so good! This weekend I’m baking cookies for my coworkers. School starts Monday and they deserve a treat! http://www.howsweeteats.com/2014/08/chewy-potato-chip-chocolate-chip-cookies/

18 Kristen @ livinlifeinlouie August 22, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I am just about to finish beta too but can’t decide if I want to spend the Money on gamma. I really like t25. So I’m not sure!

19 Courtney August 24, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I hear ya! I’m liking it, and I’m interested in gamma, but I’m feeling like I may need to switch it up a bit after 10 weeks of it…?

20 Katie August 22, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Thanks to your heads up I hit Fresh Market on Tuesdays for their chicken too and have totally wound up with some impulse buys! Those bulk bins of candy and nuts are so tempting!

21 Courtney August 24, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Oh, awesome! Yes, I was so glad when my friend Kanika gave me a heads up on the Tuesday chicken sale, too! :)

22 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona August 22, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Poor Lucas – he wants out of that high chair now! Kids have the best facial expressions.

I always feel more like baking when fall hits.
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..A Walk around Two Toed Pond

23 Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family August 24, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Glad you liked the lasagna! It’s a staple over here :)
Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family recently posted..Like Father, Like Daughter