Weekend Highlights & Wedding Fun {8/25}

by Courtney on August 25, 2014

Man, I just love weddings!

While our weekend was definitely a good one, the biggest highlight (by far!) was our cousin’s Marc and Nikki’s wedding out in Pittsfield, MA on Saturday. We dropped Lucas off at Gramma and Papa’s house for a fun sleepover, and then we were off!

The ceremony took place outside by a nearby lake, which was really a beautiful location. I totally forgot to take any photos during the ceremony, but I did manage to find this one to share of the bride and groom.

wedding(photo credit)

Congrats, Nikki and Marc!

Seeing as it was a family wedding, that meant that we got to spend the day/night with some of our favorite people in the world, including Sarah, Denise, and Mal (fun fact, Marc is Sarah’s brother!).

And I’m not gonna lie…I was pretty excited to have another reason to be able to wear my favorite Jessica Simpson dress again (I wore it once in January to my company party).

I didn’t take too many other photos during the night, but the food was delish, the drinks were tasting great, and the company was even better.

(photo credit)

Fun at the photo booth!

IMG_7732IMG_7736

Once dinner was over, Jay and I spent basically the entire night out on the dance floor. It was SUCH a blast, and I love that I have a partner in crime who will bust a move with me!

Other highlights from the weekend?

Taking a quick nap and stealing all sorts of snuggles after work on Friday.

sleeping

Somebody decided to skip his second nap at daycare, but mama took care of that one. Winking smile

Saturday morning veggie omelet, bacon, and iced coffee thanks to the husband.

eggs and bacon

I’ll tell ya…he makes a mean breakfast.

A little cleaning and re-organizing (aka, picking up everything once Lucas is done with it).

lucas shoes

Hanging out by the pool, but not in the pool (some chillier weather has the water temps wayyyy too cold for us!).

lucas

And a delicious Sunday night dinner, including Smoky Tilapia Tacos, sautéed black beans, and corn on the cob.

smoky tilapia tacos

Now, I’m about to curl up and enjoy a little down time on the couch while watching Van Wilder (it’s on TV right now and I am SO freakin excited) before it’s time for bed.

So how was everyone else’s weekend? What were some of your favorite highlights??

1 Jacqui August 25, 2014 at 6:25 am

What a small world, that’s where I got married!

My weekend highlights included a Patriots game on Friday and watching out 2 nieces and nephew the rest of the weekend.

2 Kim @FITsique August 25, 2014 at 6:45 am

You look great and the wedding looked like so much fun! It was my last weekend before classes start back up for me so I took it FULLY relaxing. Naps both days and all!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..You Aren’t Ready To Compete In A Figure Competition

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 25, 2014 at 6:52 am

Looks like a great weekend!! I love the red shoes with the dress!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Dearly Departed

4 Brynn August 25, 2014 at 7:08 am

You look so pretty at the wedding. I spent the weekend with friends as well and had a day date with the husband!
Brynn recently posted..{pregnancy} 34 Week Update

5 Stacey M. August 25, 2014 at 7:57 am

I also attended a wedding this weekend, for one of the guys my fiance races with. It was a smaller, more intimate ceremony and reception but we still had a great time. I’m with you … I just LOVE weddings too! All these weddings lately have made me really excited for my own next October!

I must say I love your dress and the way you did your hair for the wedding. I may have to recreate that for the next wedding we attend this October. I hardly ever pull my hair back or even into a half-updo but it would be perfect for showing off some nice earrings.

6 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers August 25, 2014 at 7:59 am

You look so pretty! I need more reasons to get dressed up. :)
The Keith Urban concert with the girls was the highlight of my weekend. Such fun!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Birthday Week!

7 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } August 25, 2014 at 8:55 am

That dress is gorgeous! What I wouldn’t give for cooler temperatures. We were under a heat advisory all weekend with the heat index almost 110!

8 kristin @ W [H] A T C H August 25, 2014 at 8:59 am

that looks like a really fun photo booth!
kristin @ W [H] A T C H recently posted..FROM THE WEEKEND: HERMIT CRABS + TREE SWINGS

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 25, 2014 at 9:24 am

Weddings are the best! We’re going to one this coming weekend and I can’t wait! Oh and by the way, your dress and shoes are super cute!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..7 Fun Facts and 15 Inspiring Bloggers

10 Shel@PeachyPalate August 25, 2014 at 10:02 am

LOVE weddings! All about the food, cake and dancing…and of course getting to wear a fancy pants dress! You look gorgeous! Totally digging that omelet!!!

11 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona August 25, 2014 at 10:03 am

That taco looks delicious! I love corn on the cob – it’s such a summer food for me.
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..My Workouts This Week

12 Megan @ Piece of Kake August 25, 2014 at 10:14 am

Looks like a fun weekend! Wedding are so much fun and I can’t wait to have my own in April!

THis weekend was the first weekend in months we did not travel and it was so nice to just be home and relax!
Megan @ Piece of Kake recently posted..Yoga X and The Challenge

13 Jenny August 25, 2014 at 10:21 am

You guys look GORGEOUS in that picture at the wedding!! Hot couple! :)
Jenny recently posted..First Day of Middle School

14 Kelsey August 25, 2014 at 10:21 am

I love your red shoes with the black dress! Where did you find them? I recently bought some red pumps that are so uncomfortable – need a new pair!

15 Krystina August 25, 2014 at 10:31 am

Haha, I’m from Pittsfield! It’s interesting to see my small, unknown town on your blog. :)

16 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment August 25, 2014 at 1:04 pm

You look so pretty! Love the red shoes with your dress.

17 Ashley @ A Lady Goes West August 25, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Sounds like a great weekend, I also love weddings and don’t have any more on the schedule this year. Too bad.

My weekend was awesome! I brought my husband to my BODYPUMP class I teach, which is a rare occasion, we went out to a sushi dinner with friends and then saw Dave Matthews Band at an outdoor venue in Berkeley on Saturday.

We also ended the weekend on Sunday night with tacos for dinner, which is our weekly routine. Happy Monday!
Ashley @ A Lady Goes West recently posted..My weekly workouts and joy riding

18 Alysia @ Slim Sanity August 25, 2014 at 2:21 pm

My highlight was my fantasy football draft this weekend… got a great team!! ;)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..10 Leg Workouts Sure to Make You Sweat

19 ellie | fit for the soul August 25, 2014 at 2:42 pm

How adorable do you guys look napping together?! And if you don’t mind me asking, how does Lucas deal with being away from you and with his grandparents? If that’s an issue for you guys, is there a particular way you work through it? We’re currently going through a separation anxiety phase and even dropping her off at the church nursery for an hour is drama, hah! She cried the whole time apparently, yikes.

20 Courtney August 26, 2014 at 7:54 am

Lucas is actually fine with leaving and being away with grandma and grandpa. I’m sure it probably helps that he gets dropped off at daycare everyday, but I’m not sure? That said, he’s also going through a bit of a clingy stage while we’re at home, and it’s nearly impossible for me to get anything done…and it’s only me…he usually wants nothing to do with his daddy! :(

21 Candice@Hungrymotherunner August 25, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Yay! I love weddings too! I love that dress!
That is the omelet dreams are made of, mine always end up like scrambled eggs with vegetables thrown in the mix.
Love the stage that lucas is in!.. The messes just seem to get bigger and bigger..oh.the.joy.
xoxo
Candice@Hungrymotherunner recently posted..Back to School Sweat & A Few Nursery Details