It’s days like today when I’m glad I have more to talk about then just food. Want to know why?
Well, because today’s breakfast was the same as yesterday…
Ok, I guess they’re kinda different, but still.
I had a couple errands to run this morning and snacked on a cranberry SOYJOY bar while I was out, so I guess that was different too.
But today’s lunch was also the same as yesterday.
I’m in a groove right now.
Unfortunately for me though, that was the last piece of awesome chicken in the house, so it looks like I’ll have to wait again until next week. That’s alright…it’ll be worth it.
A Fun and Exciting Workout Challenge
Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve been working together with the awesome team over at ChallengeLoop in order to put together a fun new workout challenge for you guys!
The 2012 Closeout Workout Challenge
Some of you may already be familiar with ChallengeLoop, such as those of you who are participating in Gina’s Namaste November Challenge, so when they reached out and asked if I’d be interested in putting something together, I was totally on board.
So, first things first…the details of the challenge:
- Challenge Name: 2012 Closeout Workout Challenge
- Details: You can read all of them in full HERE, but basically, you will choose 2-5 exercises and will add up the repetitions to complete 2,012 reps (i.e., "I will complete 2,012 reps of push-ups, burpees, jump squats, etc…")
- Challenge Start/End Dates: Begins December 1st, ends December 31st.
- Prizes (of course!): THREE winners in all- (2) participants will win a pair of Reebok Real Flex Fusion TR sneakers (donated by Reebok) and (1) participant will win a $25 "mystery gift card" + other possible goodies courtesy of Yours Truly.
- How do I sign up? CLICK HERE to get on board!
- How do I check in? Leave a comment or add a photo by downloading the iPhone app, or visit the challenge page and leave a comment.
- What types of exercises should/can I do? Well, there’s LOTS to choose from! A few ideas:
- burpees (your favorite, right?)
- jumping jacks
- high knees
- butt jumps
- mountain climbers
- If you still need more ideas, check out this awesome post
With 2012 quickly coming to a close, and the holiday season already upon us, I feel like we get pretty bombarded with “ways to stay slim” or “how to avoid the holiday bulge.” So when I was coming up with this challenge, I knew I wanted it to be something completely different from that. Instead, I wanted a challenge that would allow us to focus on a positive, rather than a negative, and (hopefully) have fun while we’re doing it!
Since 2,012 is a hefty amount of reps (it averages out to about 64 reps per day!) I figured it’d be a little easier to allow you all to choose the reps for more than one exercise. Plus, with choosing your own exercises, you can make it as difficult or easy as you’d like. When you think about it that way…if you choose 5 exercises, that’s really only about 13 reps of each exercise, each day. Totally attainable!
So I’m really, really excited about this challenge and I’m hoping that you’ll all join in with me on it (plus, there’s prizes!!). It doesn’t officially start until Saturday, but I wanted to give you all an early heads up, in case, you know, you’re a big planner like me and like to know things ahead of time.
So what do ya think…who’s ready to join me and close out 2012 with a BANG??