Yes folks, at 11:15pm last night, I finally made it back into Albany! As great of a weekend it was, the traveling definitely took a toll on me! But all was well with the world as soon as I turned down the hallway and saw my favorite hubby waiting for me, smiles and all. 🙂 I really missed my two favorite men this weekend!
After having a fabulous nights’ sleep in my own bed, it was time to hit the gym. My body was craving a BodyPump class in the worst way, so I hit up the elliptical for an easy 20 minutes, followed by Pump, which felt anything but easy…I hadn’t taken a class since July 25th! YIKES. 😯 But it still hurt oh-so-good.
On my way to the gym, I raided the swag bag for a pre-gym snack…
A Pomegranate Blueberry Pistachio KIND Plus bar. After the first bite, I almost threw it out. I just wasn’t diggin’ it. But I gave it another try, and obviously it ended up tasting pretty good. 😉
When I got home, I snacked on a handful of homemade trail mix. It’s soooo dangerous!
Then I made myself a Mocha Protein Smoothie.
And while in the midst of unpacking/laundry/catching up on house stuff, I made a little snack of veggies + hommus,
a juicy peach,
and my blackberry chamomile Solixir swag. This stuff is fantastic! I definitely need to pick some of this up at the store. 😀
Now as you can probably imagine, being stuck in an airport for 8 1/2 hours definitely leaves you with a lot of “me” time. So I decided to use my “me” time to think and reflect a little bit about my weekend. Here’s some of my random thoughts…hey, maybe you’ll even agree with me on some of ‘em. 😉
- I have no intentions of traveling on “standby” anytime in the near future.
- Chicago has some beautiful sights to see…I need to go back with the hubby.
- I think staying in a hotel that is “haunted” is pretty interesting…but I probably wouldn’t have felt that way if I was staying in Gina & Sabrina’s room.
- I take the water pressure in my shower for granted.
- I envy strong-willed people who have the guts to just go for what they really want, despite obstacles, without looking back.
- Just because they’re veggies, doesn’t mean you can eat yourself to oblivion with them.
- I think all fruit and vegetables should come pre-washed and ready to eat, displayed on pretty platters.
- Wi-Fi helped me keep my sanity.
- My one major fail of the weekend: I did not get authentic, Chicago deep-dish pizza. 🙁
- Despite being surrounded my numerous vegetarians & vegans, not once did I get the urge to become one. And I’m proud of that.
- I still have no desire to become a marathon runner. But I love my short distance runs. 🙂
- The “L” is much more bearable when you’re not scrunched in a corner with a group of 6 ghetto girls & guys bragging about their latest theft binge.
- Walking 5 miles in flip flops is possible. But I wouldn’t recommend it. You’ll have blisters. Lots of them.
- I’m already thinking about the next time I can eat Indian Food.
- Thoughts on calorie intake goes right out the window after being bumped from two flights in a row.
- I wish I had a river or pretty lake to run past everyday. It’s so motivating.
- If you don’t have a smart phone at a blogger
conference, you’re definitely out of the loop.
- I’m so thankful to have met so many fun, friendly, smart, and beautiful women at HLS. Despite my horrendous travels, I wouldn’t trade it in for anything.
In case you missed anything from my weekend in Chicago, here’s some recaps!
A Shaky Start: http://sweettoothsweetlife.com/2010/08/12/a-shaky-start/
Chicago on Foot: http://sweettoothsweetlife.com/2010/08/13/chicago-on-foot/
Kickin’ Off HLS: http://sweettoothsweetlife.com/2010/08/14/kickin-off-hls/
Healthy Living Summit = An Eating Frenzy: http://sweettoothsweetlife.com/2010/08/14/healthy-living-summit-an-eating-frenzy/
A New Love Affair…With Indian Food: http://sweettoothsweetlife.com/2010/08/15/a-new-love-affairwith-indian-food/
Bon Voyage Chicago!: http://sweettoothsweetlife.com/2010/08/15/bon-voyage-chicago/
Hope everyone’s Monday is off to a great start!! 😀