We’re at 4-1/2 months!
Is that crazy or what?!
Baby Tooth is just over 18 weeks today and is about the size of a bell pepper.
Here’s what else Baby Tooth has been up to this week:
- He/she is about 5 1/2 inches long and he weighs almost 7 ounces.
- He/she is busy flexing its arms and legs…which I’m starting to feel much more often!
- Baby Tooth’s blood vessels are visible through the thin skin, and its ears are now in their final position, although they’re still standing out from the head a bit.
- A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around its nerves, a process that will continue for a year after birth.
- If Baby Tooth is a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If there’s a little man in there, his genitals are noticeable now.
And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:
Weight gained: Not checking anymore, and probably won’t until our next prenatal appointment. I’m totally fine with that!
Workouts: Still going well! This week included 5 days of workouts, including a good mix of cardio (walking), strength, and Pilates. Some of the workouts are short – 20-30 minutes – but it still just feels great to move. I’m still loving that Pilates DVD more than anything…so much so, that I still haven’t had the chance to try my new yoga DVD. Maybe next week.
Symptoms: This week included a few:
- Round ligament pains and low back pain. Some days are better than others, but I notice that my legs seem to tire much more quickly throughout the day.
- Itchy belly…although part of that is my fault. Two days this past week, I noticed that I had somewhat of a rash forming around my belly button, which was super itchy. Come to find out it was my hair tie that was rubbing up on my skin and irritating it. Go figure, haha.
- Hungry pretty much ALL the time. But sometimes it’s weird…I’ll be absolutely STARVING, but then fill up super quick.
- A few occasions where there was some slight nausea, but nothing crazy.
- Lots of trips to the bathroom…lots!
- A little bit tired here and there – and it would hit me out of NOWHERE. I had a couple days of workouts where I found myself tiring a little easier than normal so I made sure to take it easy.
Movement: Yup! I usually feel something just about everyday now, even if it’s just once of twice. It brings a smile to my face every single time…I can’t wait for Jay to be able to feel it.
Food Aversions: Nada.
Food Cravings: Nothing too exciting on this front. Most of the usuals continue to make their appearances, with a heavy sweet tooth still in action.
Sleep: So-so. I’ve been waking up at least 3-4 times a night lately, either to pee or just because I’m uncomfortable. There were a few times where I still, somehow, wound up on my back again in the middle of the night so I’d move if I found myself in that position.
Maternity clothes?: Yup. This is pretty much a given at this point for me. I can still wear my non-maternity jeans, but I’m finding that some of them aren’t quite as comfortable as they were a couple of weeks ago. I’m feeling that I’ll (hopefully) be able to better “fill out” some of my maternity shirts within the next couple of weeks.
Stretch marks? Not yet…still oiling and lotioning it up!
Miss Anything? I’ve been pretty content this past week so I can’t complain.
Baby Items Purchased: Nothing specifically for the baby yet, although we’re getting much closer…in about two weeks, we’ll finally know whether we should be buying pink or blue.
Over the weekend, I did mention that I bought this book for Jay. He’s bringing it to Mexico so I’ll be interested to see what he thinks of it.
I think it looked super cute as I was browsing through a few pages.
We’re also about 98% decided on the baby furniture we’re going to purchase (it’s the Baby Cache Montana collection in espresso) so once we’re back from vacation, we’ll most likely move forward with that. We’ve also decided that once we’re back, it’ll be time to really buckle down and get the rooms in the house organized and re-organized. We need to re-do the insides of our closets to make some more space (since our stuff is pretty much scattered everywhere right now) so that’s top priority for me.
Looking Forward To: Baby Tooth moving enough for Jay to be able to feel it. I feel like it could happen anytime soon now! Hey, maybe he/she will get rambunctious while we’re in Mexico.