Little guy is having a regular ol’ dance party up in there as I type this right now…
Baby Tooth is just over 21 weeks today and is about the length of a carrot or the size of a pomegranate, depending on where you read.
Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:
- Baby Tooth now weighs about three-quarters of a pound (well, we know he weighs more than that!) and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long.
- Movements may turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges (YUP!) and you may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better (I do notice him more while/after eating!).
- His eyebrows and lids are present now.
- At our 20 week appointment last week, we found out that out little guy already has some hair forming on his head and that he’ll most definitely have a good amount when he’s born. I get soooooo antsy to find out what he’s going to look like!!
- We also found out last week at our appointment that he has “flip flop feet,” which apparently means you have a slight space in between your big toe and second toe. This made us laugh because we didn’t think anything of it, but later on we checked and Jay definitely has flip flop feet. This is a GOOD thing, since we have both always said that we want our babies to get his feet…mine are awful.
And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:
Weight gained: No clue.
Workouts: Pretty sure I only got in 2 or 3 last week. No, probably two. I was having a really hard time getting myself up in the mornings and many of our evenings were busy last week. I do try really hard to stay active during the day though, and I am up and down quite a bit while I’m at work, so I take advantage of any extra movement I can get throughout the day.
Symptoms: Pretty similar to last week:
- Round ligament pains and low back pain. Not as bad as last week, but they’re noticeable here and there.
- Hunger comes and goes. Some days, I’m crazy hungry and other days I haven’t really been hungry for snacks in between meals like usual. I’m just going with it.
- Still hitting up the bathroom numerous times a day/hour.
- Acne – not so much on my face, but I’m getting back those little bumps on my arms and upper back. Good thing it’s still cold enough to cover up.
Movement: All the time for me! Unfortunately, he still hasn’t showed off any of his ninja kicks to dad yet.
Food Aversions: Not too many this week – most things are good to go.
Food Cravings: Ranch dressing, fruit snacks, and diet ginger ale with maraschino cherry juice. How’s that for random?
Sleep: Not too bad. I attempted laying on my stomach the other night just to see what it’d feel like and holy cow did it feel weird. It was almost like there was something underneath me that didn’t even belong to me?! That being said, I’m not at all worried about ever rolling on to my stomach during the middle of the night. My back on the other hand…that’s a different story. I wake up quite frequently on my back and need to scoot over on my side.
Stretch marks? Nada! Raise the roof – WOOP WOOP!
Miss Anything? Real clothes. Over the weekend I got a real craving for a nice crisp beer, too. Ahh well…all in time!
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Obviously, finding out that Baby Tooth is a BOY and sharing it with our family and friends.
Which, if we’re being honest, was really just a good excuse to have friends over. 😉
As for interesting? Well, maybe it’s more like me being paranoid. I’ve basically come to the conclusion that I will always find something to worry about during this pregnancy. Anyone else with me? Right now my worry is that I’m going to have a ginormous baby.
After finding out that Baby Tooth was a whopping 15 ounces at our 20 week appointment (and reading everywhere that they’re “usually” 10-11 ounces at that stage), I’ve got myself convinced that he’s going to be huge (part of me realizes this is crazy to worry about, but I can’t help it!). Obviously, there are so many more serious things I could worry about, but this was just something on my mind this past week. I even had a weird dream that he came out like a little toddler and was growing up too fast for me to keep up. Ohh, pregnancy dreams!
Baby Items Purchased: Yes, finally! I’d been holding out for so long, but finally got my fix with some adorable outfits for our little man.
(FYI: Target’s newborn hangers are always the color pink, for those of you who were curious about that before!)
We also have our crib ordered and are planning to order the dresser and a glider by this weekend.
Looking Forward To: Continuing to research for our registries, picking out paint colors and bedding, Jay being able to feel our little guy, and getting started on the nursery hopefully within the next couple of weeks!
Question for the Moms:
Did you have a big/small baby? Were you surprised by his/her size?